They Call Me Lunatic

By self-absorbed

Highest ranking: #23 in Werewolf "I LOVE IT." -@lottiee_x "This story is so unbelievably amazing!" -@November... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Almighty Tree Whisperer
Chapter Two: Wolf-Thingy
Chapter Three: Fatten Me Now, Eat Me Later
Chapter Five: Wolfy Has No Chill
Chapter Six: You Like It Rough?
Chapter Seven: Hot Water Hog
Chapter Eight: Drowing in Grey
Chapter Nine: Will You Just Die Already?
Chapter Ten: I Can't Love An Old Man
Chapter Eleven: My Kidneys Are Crying
Chapter Twelve: Oh Lord, Don't Sneeze
Chapter Thirteen: Psycho Runs in the Family
Chapter Fourteen: Lamps Will Break; Hearts Will Ache
Chapter Fifteen: Another Day in Paradise
Chapter Sixteen: Romantic After Fun?
Chapter Seventeen: Best Mom Ever
Chapter Eighteen: I'm Not Mad, Just Loud
Chapter Nineteen: Little Riley Jr.
Chapter Twenty: That's a Shitty Way of Saying 'I Love You'
Chapter Twenty One: Scar Collection
Chapter Twenty Two: Calm Down, Satan
Chapter Twenty Three: Panic! In The Ear Drum
Chapter Twenty Four: Elijah
Chapter Twenty Five: Crimson
Chapter Twenty Six: Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair
Chapter Twenty Seven: Alpha Wannabe
Chapter Twenty Eight: Inner Serial Killer
Chapter Twenty Nine: Beep, Beep, Beeping
Epilogue
September 20, 2016
Monster In My Bed

Chapter Four: Blonde-Ultimate Fighter-Wolf-Chick

57.8K 2.8K 303
By self-absorbed

I woke up because something stirred the attention of the voice in my head-or wolf-thing. A loud bark sounded through my head causing my entire body to jolt forward. My eyes opened as soon as my body sat up. Instantly, my grey eyes connected with a pair of green ones.

Kieran only stopped in that brief moment before moving for the chair that Marilyn usually sat in. I didn't say anything. I just sat there with my legs crossed on the bed, his bed.

Kieran looked like he wanted to say something, but instead he just sat their watching me with his lips pursed as if he were thinking of what he wanted to say before he said it.

So, we both just sat there in silence.

Eventually, Kieran composed his thoughts and spoke.

"Are you still tired?" He asked. His tone seemed more curious than anything. Almost like he were observing and questioning an experiment.

I really didn't like the idea of him thinking of me as just some experiment. My wolf let out some sort of strange snarling noise that made me flinch slightly.

I decided to just nod, not really trusting my voice in the situation. It seems like every time I talk to him, I give away way more information than I should. Although, it was a good thing that I mentioned the tattoo and all, but I'd never told anyone that willingly. I don't know why I felt so obliged to tell him other than the fear I seem to feel all the time while I'm here.

"I didn't think you would be considering you've been sleeping for days," he said as if it were nothing. My eyes bugged out of my head as I realized what he had said.

"Days?" I asked shocked. He nodded before explaining.

"Well, it's been," he began counting days on his fingers. One. Two, "about two and a half days," Kieran finished. "Two and a half nerve-wracking days," he whispered to himself, but I had just managed to catch it. I didn't say anything about it though.

Inside, it actually made me feel a little happy that the man in front of me may have been worried about me while I slept.

"That's bad, though. Right? I mean I haven't eaten anything-let alone drank anything," I ranted.

"You're wolf is healing with what she has. She needs the rest and you do, too." I gulped and nodded. Hearing him say my wolf aloud once again clarified in fact what I was.

"Not to be rude or anything," I said quietly not looking up at him while I played with my hands, "but why do you care so much." I looked back up at him. I could tell by the certain look in his eye that he was taken back.

"It's my job to protect you." What he said came out more like an order than something sincere. Almost as if he were trying to convince himself of what he were saying.

"You've known me for like three days. Two of them I was asleep." I shot back without really thinking. I wasn't mad at all, more like confused. I barely knew this man and now he's made it his mission to protect me.

"And your point is?" He asked. He genuinely looked confused. If I'm being honest, he seemed more confused than I was.

"I don't know," my voice was soft once again as I looked back down at my hands. I did know. I just didn't know how to say, 'hey buddy. You don't know me. You know of me and that's just because your little blonde-ultimate fighter-wolf-chick attacked and kidnapped me bringing me here. You don't know me!' in a nice way.

"Don't be so afraid of me," Kieran's voice seemed slightly angry but more frustrated than anything. He didn't yell it, but it came out loud enough to make me flinch away. He groaned caused me to look up at him.

I couldn't help but be worried that he was upset.

"This should not be this hard," he muttered dragging his hand through his tousled, dark brown hair.

"What shouldn't be?" He looked up at me with those beautiful green eyes of his. A darkness swam within the depths of them. It was a sickening darkness that I, of course, pushed away and focused on the inviting green that surrounded it.

"If you knew what you were this wouldn't be such a difficult concept for you to understand," Kieran stated. I arched an eyebrow.

"I understand that my wolf is healing I just worried that I was starving or-"

"No," he interrupted, "the mate bond." Kieran didn't seem to like whatever the mate bond was by the way his tone changed. I wasn't clueless, I knew somewhat of what a mate was.

A mate was like a friend to a person, but I'm guessing in our case it was a bit more. I assumed that considering wolves have mates that werewolves did, too. But, I didn't quite understand what the mate bond was in this scenario.

"Mate bond?" I asked.

"Yeah. Mate bond. It's basically a way that our kind claims someone as theirs. This person is a werewolf's other half and it turns out that you're mine." I couldn't tell if he were happy about the situation or not. My heart was racing and I'm pretty sure my face was red. I was panicking, but all that he managed to do was grimace slightly down at his hands in his lap.

"How is that possible?" I said a little louder than necessary. My voice went up an octave as the room felt ten degrees hotter. Kieran's head raised back up to look up at me.

"You act like its something absolutely crazy," he says humorlessly. My jaw dropped as I hurt watched him. He sighed and leaned back into the chair.

"Every single werewolf has one. Your parents were most likely mates," he reasoned, "they're literally soul mates. That's the only way I know how to explain it." Soul mates? A person made just for you and only you? That soul mate?

"And you're mine?" I asked slowly. He nodded which in return caused me to suck in an extremely shaky breath. Shaky because I felt an oncoming cry about to start.

This man was terrifying. He was huge and could eat me in like .7 seconds. Now, he's sitting here telling me he's the one person made for me. The hes the one person that will make me feel totally complete.

"How do you know that?" I asked thinking that there was some sort of supernatural glitch in his brain.

He didn't say a word as he stood up. I instinctively moved back a bit as he began walking toward me. 

"Relax," he said as he stood in front of me. I nodded as he reached his hand out and grabbed my hand. An intense shock ran from my hand, up my arm, and settled in my chest creating a hot sensation.

"That's how I know," he said before pulling his hand away.

I scanned over his face. I looked for any signs of lying. Nothing. He looked extremely serious and a bit frustrated. I didn't know why he was frustrated, but I didn't like it. I wanted to say I didn't like it because I was worried I'd made him angry and he'd try to hurt me, but I didn't believe that. He wouldn't hurt me.

"I'm sorry," I said with sincerity. He closed his eyes and shook his head. When he opened them the glowed with a bit of a red which startled me way to much. I jumped back causing him to quickly-a bit too quickly, actually-grab me to prevent me from jumping off of the bed.

His face was extremely close to mine, and all that I could think to do was breathe through my nose because I didn't want to scare the guy with my morning breath.

His warm, minty breath fanned my face as confusion was writing on his face.

"Why would you say that?" He asked. I gulped.

"You seemed angry and I thought that it was with me." That seemed to make him angry again. He moved back dropping his arms from my body.

"No." He said before pausing. It seemed like he was trying to think of what he was about to say. "Know what. Never mind. Go get washed up and come back down stairs for lunch. I need you healed to your full potential as soon as possible so we can start training you," Kieran ordered before leaving the room without another word.

I sat in silence for a moment as I just watched the door that he left through.

"My name is Arden," I mumbled hoping that maybe he would just catch it.

My mind was buzzing with thoughts that ranged from the mate bond to lunch. He had said something about training which didn't seem to settle to well with me. We had to do certain trainings in the hospital. They'd make us do odd test and such. I'm not sure what for, but I'm sure I never passed.

The mate bond thing was the main thing swimming through my thoughts, though. Kieran happens to be my soul mate, so what does that make us as of now. Three days ago he was my kidnapper, and hour ago he was my teacher, and now he's my soul mate. Does that mean we are together forever, now?

I gulped thinking about being together with him. He looked older than me for sure. I didn't want to ask him question like what his last name was or how old he was, but shouldn't I know that now? I basically have a right to know.

Kieran didn't seem like the kind you'd come to if you needed a hug or even to have a child with. He seemed like the person you'd come to if you wanted someone killed or hurt pretty badly.

But he never did hurt me.

That was a thought, too. No matter how angry he seemed to get around me, he never lost it to his wolf like I always do.

I wondered what his emotional trigger was. What made him so angry that his eyes flashed that red color. It wasn't really a bright red, more like a rich dark red. It almost reminded me of blood as odd as it sounds.

A knock at the door broke me away from my thoughts. I cleared my through the quickly and sat up.

"Yes?" I said loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear me.

"I didn't hear the shower running, so I figured you weren't in the shower yet. I have clothes," I heard the smooth voice of none other than Marilyn say through the door.

"Um. Okay," I said quickly getting off of the bed and making my way to the door. I opened in a bit to fast making Marilyn's eyes widen a bit. To be honest, she was probably just startled by my appearance.

She handed me the clothes and made he way down the hall. I hurriedly took the clothes and shut the door. I leaned my back against the closed door. Taking a deep breath, a sat my cold hand on my hot forehead.

"Don't open the drawer," I reminded myself as I headed to the bathroom.
_____
Yeaaaaaaa i know I disappeared but I was kind of stressing about school and all. It's gonna take a bit longer for me to update for a while. I'm not really in a pattern yet so I'm freaking big time.

I'm sorry though for not updating so quickly.

Anyway I hope you all are doing okay though.

I got a date for homecoming this yearrrr. He's on the football team and no I don't know his position  I don't speak football. I speak wrestling and basketball. That's all.

Okay so enjoy this and remember to vote bc I would like this to beat #261. I know you guys can do it.

I'm really trying here guys. My hand fell asleep five time while writing this. And yes. I wrote a majority of this tonight bc I just didn't have the time before.

Stay awesome Gotham. 9/20/15
Def. not edited. I'll do it tomorrow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.2K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...
226K 4.9K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
168K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...
1.9K 112 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...