What's Best For You (Urban Fi...

By slayydawggzeeee

Derek and Anna were best friends, until one day Derek came out with his true feelings for Anna, time goes by... More

ONE | Breakdown
TWO | Fast Forward
THREE | Knock, Knock
FOUR | What's Best For You
FIVE | Marcus Moore
SIX | Who dat?
SEVEN | Old Flame
EIGHT | Who Are You?
NINE | I'm On My Way
TEN | The Day Before
ELEVEN | The Comeback Kid
TWELVE | I Object
THIRTEEN | Welcome To Life
FOURTEEN | Sleep
FIFTEEN | New Me
SIXTEEN | Hell To Tha Naw Naw
SEVENTEEN | What's Best For You 2
EIGHTEEN | Connect
TWENTY | Perfectly Imperfect
TWENTY ONE | Go Home Marcus
A/N: On To The Next One..

NINETEEN | Anastasia David

5.2K 184 14
By slayydawggzeeee

Two Months Later

"So what now?" he asked me awaiting an answer as I brushed my hair in the bathroom mirror. Derek sat on the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom and stared at me intently.

"So now, I go to court, we settle this, and I get my maiden name back" I said happily.

"Only to take my name" he said smiling and moving toward me.

"Maybe, we'll see Derek" I smiled back at him as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

"Yeah yeah, we might as well be married Anna, I already pay the bills and give it to you on a regular" he joked.

"Shutup!" I hit him playfully. "I told you I could pay my own bills"

"And I told you, that you don't have to lift a finger" he brought me in for a kiss, that we both smiled into. "Are you sure you don't want me to go?.. What if he start acting crazy"

"I'll handle him baby, I got this.. I'm a big girl" I said before pecking his lips once again and making my way out of his arms.

"You just be careful Anna, don't do anything you don't have to do, you know how extra you are" he said to me while leaning against the bathroom doorframe.

"I beg your pardon? I am not extra. You tried it" I said flipping my hair that flowed down my back.

"My point exactly" he laughed and walked back into the bathroom starting the shower.

"I gotta go baby, I'll call you when I'm headed to the hospital"

"I thought you took the day off"

"The babies can't stay away from me" I laughed as I kissed his cheek.

"Love you!" he yelled

"Love you more pumkinn" I said before exiting the room and heading down the steps to the kitchen. Grabbing a muffin and a water, I headed out of the door, locking it behind me. I sat in my new Audi A6 that Derek bought me, as a 'Welcome Home' gift. He was my home and I was finally back. Before I could pull out of the driveway, my phone began to ring, my car speaker let me know that it was Patrice.
"So are you on your way or can I just go home?"

"Yes P, I'm pulling out of my driveway now.. stop trying to leave! Where's Jess?"

"Probably at home fucking Ian, you know the two are inseparable" she said. We both laughed because it sure as hell was true. Jessica had found this guy named Ian at the gym about a month ago. She fell head over heels for him and now the two do everything together.

"You think she's gonna come?"

"Honestly? No" she laughed.

"It's cool, as long as you're there.. I'm pulling up now" we ended the call and I sat there for a while. Thinking. So much has happened in just the past 8 months. I was about to walk into this courtroom and finalize a decision I never thought I would have to make. I was so determined on pushing Derek away and forcing myself to love Marcus that I wasn't even loving myself. I had lost sight of the Anastasia I was and began to be the Anastasia that I had to be to get by. I allowed myself to get to a place of sadness and dark times that could've led to much worse times. I thank god that I had all of this happen in my life because now I am stronger than ever and can stand on my own two feet because now I truly am the woman I want to be.

I climbed out of the car and slung my Louis Vuitton tote over my shoulder while locking my car. "Well goodmorning sunshine, nice of you to join me" Patrice said as she locked her arm in mine, heading for the courtroom. "Ready?"

"Ready."

***

"Anna you don't deserve the money!"

"Like hell I don't! You just mad cus you ain't think I was gonna get anything. Surprise!" Patrice and I laughed. The judge settled in my favor that I would receive alimony from Marcus every month at a rate of $5,000. It wasn't needed for me to prosper but I wasn't gonna turn down any money.

"That's money you taking from our child" Helena butted in.

"Bitch you can't say shit about taking from a child! It was your ass that split my family up! Your ass who made him flip out on me! While he was giving you the royal treatment, he was laying hands on me every night! You are a homewrecking, money loving, ungrateful ass whore! Take your child, appreciate the love that you have as a mother, and shut the hell up!" I spoke down to her. She rolled her eyes and turned away from me with their son in her hands.
"Helena ain't got shit to do with what happened to us"

"Oh really? Cus I beg to differ! It was her ass that had your head all fucked up, back in DC when you went off on me that night, she was the hoe on your lap, you probably slept with her that very day! When we came home from Jamaica and you cancelled our honeymoon for a business trip, you was probably with her! Every time you would get mad at me for simple shit, it was cus you couldn't hit her ass because she was carrying your child.. but so was I Marcus.. so was I" the room was quiet for a while.

"Come on A, let's go home" Patrice pulled me to her and turned me toward the door. "Walk away Anna, come on"

"Fuck you Marcus, fuck you" I said carelessly and headed down the hall, and out of the door.

"Marcus been a fuckboy, I knew it from day one I just never spoke on it" Patrice said to me. I laughed.

"You should've told me" I said through laughter.

"Like you should've told me he was putting his hands on you. I would've burned his house down" she said rubbing her belly.

"How's my niece?" I said putting a hand to her stomach.

"Annoying the hell out of me.. three more months girl, three more"

"And a baby shower tomorrow, be happy!" I said smiling, then noticing the time. "Shit, I gotta go.. I have to be at work by 3"

"Speaking of work, you made sure you're working on my due date right?"

"Of course P, no one cares about your vagina like I do" I smiled and climbed into my car, syncing up my bluetooth and dialing Derek as I pulled out of my parking space.

He answered cockily "Tell me your name"

"Anastasia David"

"Oh that sounds so good to hear. Moore was just ugly, it didn't flow. Now Anastasia Duncan, that flows"

"Right" we both laughed.

"You headed to the house to change for work?"

"Yep, I'm turning in the neighborhood now."

"Baby I been thinking.." he began

"Oh lord, what did you think about?"

"We should move. Living next door to his ass is killing me. I mean I love the fact that he can hear how loud I make you scream but he's the past, we need to get rid of him."

"And go where baby?" I said pulling into the driveway and noticing a For Sale sign in the yard. "Derek?" I said curiously, grabbing my phone and bag, exiting the car.

"Anastasia?" he said mocking me.

I came to the front door and saw a black box on the front porch, along with a note. "See you soon" he said and hung up the phone. I smiled to myself and picked up the box.

'Angel,

It was time for a change and I knew you'd come up with a million exscuses as to why we shouldn't do it. Your key to this house doesn't even work anymore. I packed up everything, it's waiting on you here: 8782 Avebury Lane Atlanta, GA. Come on.'

I opened the black box and found a key, it was pink of course and I laughed cheerfully. He was so slick. I hated it and I loved it. Climbing back into my car, I dialed the hospital to let them know I wouldn't be coming in.

"Tyra? You work today?" I said to the girl who answered the phone.

"Yes, don't get off until 7"

"Mmm that sucks.. look I'm on the schedule to come in today at 3 but I don-"

"Derek already called us. We'll see you next week. Be happy Anna" she said and ended the call. I had a permanent smile on my face that didn't budge. This man was showing me that he genuinely loved and cared for me and nothing in this world would stop him from proving it to me.

The new home was only about 30 minutes from the old one but it was more secluded and more extravagant. It had to have anywhere between 4 and 6 bedrooms, it was a family home and that could only mean Derek wanted a family with me. It was also a home I picked out while on a date a while back, I told him I loved it and only dreamed of living in it one day and now here I was about to move into my dream home.

I got out of my car and stood in awe at the work Derek had done to make my dream come true. Moving trucks were unloading furniture and boxes and Derek soon came out of the front door.

"Yeah, that goes in the living room, on the back wall, you'll see" he said to one of the movers who held pictures of us from our childhood in his hands. "Sooo? You happy?" he said reaching his arms out to me.

"Beyond happy baby, this is too much" I said jumping into his arms.

"It's what you deserve baby" he kissed my forehead as we turned to look at the home. It was perfect. We were perfect. Life was perfect.

***

COMMENT & VOTE
Anna & Derek's new home in the MM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 1.5K 49
"Remember when we were voted cutest couple at the end of senior year? A lot has changed since then. Tell me- why did you come back?" Alex and Carrie...
597K 15.1K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
Stuck By platyypus

Short Story

24 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...
1.7M 51.5K 29
Emmaline Jones embarks on a journey to find a new home after she couldn't handle the pain her pack members caused any longer. Two years later, she co...