NINETEEN | Anastasia David

Two Months Later

"So what now?" he asked me awaiting an answer as I brushed my hair in the bathroom mirror. Derek sat on the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom and stared at me intently.

"So now, I go to court, we settle this, and I get my maiden name back" I said happily.

"Only to take my name" he said smiling and moving toward me.

"Maybe, we'll see Derek" I smiled back at him as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

"Yeah yeah, we might as well be married Anna, I already pay the bills and give it to you on a regular" he joked.

"Shutup!" I hit him playfully. "I told you I could pay my own bills"

"And I told you, that you don't have to lift a finger" he brought me in for a kiss, that we both smiled into. "Are you sure you don't want me to go?.. What if he start acting crazy"

"I'll handle him baby, I got this.. I'm a big girl" I said before pecking his lips once again and making my way out of his arms.

"You just be careful Anna, don't do anything you don't have to do, you know how extra you are" he said to me while leaning against the bathroom doorframe.

"I beg your pardon? I am not extra. You tried it" I said flipping my hair that flowed down my back.

"My point exactly" he laughed and walked back into the bathroom starting the shower.

"I gotta go baby, I'll call you when I'm headed to the hospital"

"I thought you took the day off"

"The babies can't stay away from me" I laughed as I kissed his cheek.

"Love you!" he yelled

"Love you more pumkinn" I said before exiting the room and heading down the steps to the kitchen. Grabbing a muffin and a water, I headed out of the door, locking it behind me. I sat in my new Audi A6 that Derek bought me, as a 'Welcome Home' gift. He was my home and I was finally back. Before I could pull out of the driveway, my phone began to ring, my car speaker let me know that it was Patrice.
"So are you on your way or can I just go home?"

"Yes P, I'm pulling out of my driveway now.. stop trying to leave! Where's Jess?"

"Probably at home fucking Ian, you know the two are inseparable" she said. We both laughed because it sure as hell was true. Jessica had found this guy named Ian at the gym about a month ago. She fell head over heels for him and now the two do everything together.

"You think she's gonna come?"

"Honestly? No" she laughed.

"It's cool, as long as you're there.. I'm pulling up now" we ended the call and I sat there for a while. Thinking. So much has happened in just the past 8 months. I was about to walk into this courtroom and finalize a decision I never thought I would have to make. I was so determined on pushing Derek away and forcing myself to love Marcus that I wasn't even loving myself. I had lost sight of the Anastasia I was and began to be the Anastasia that I had to be to get by. I allowed myself to get to a place of sadness and dark times that could've led to much worse times. I thank god that I had all of this happen in my life because now I am stronger than ever and can stand on my own two feet because now I truly am the woman I want to be.

I climbed out of the car and slung my Louis Vuitton tote over my shoulder while locking my car. "Well goodmorning sunshine, nice of you to join me" Patrice said as she locked her arm in mine, heading for the courtroom. "Ready?"