Teiko's basketball III: Three...

By BlackfeatherC

Teiko's basketball #3 The trio face their final year at Teiko middle school. They walk forward with their sig... More

Foreword
Who's who
The beginning
The new members
Elections
Akira's little admirer
First session
Satsuki's request
Three mysteries
Article
Colours of a rainbow
The black haired boys
The swap
Shock treatment
The challenge
Appraisals
Yukiji's quarter
Mayu's quarter
Second half
Today's fortune
Sagittarius and Kuroh
The emperor and the cat
10 reasons why not to date a yandere
Cold metal
Traffic rules
Two blondes and a proposal
End of the day
Speech
Ghosts of the past
Video game: Day #1
Video game: Day #2
Video game: Day #3
Health awareness
Kise's masterpiece
Frogs and bees
New girl?
Three life lessons
Passion for sport
Responsibility
Reasons
Forfeit
Revisions
Crane thieves
Sides
Locked
Author's note: Christmas requests
Request: A.U: Mistletoe (for @lonelay) (ships)
Eat off
Mix-ups
Confusion
Preaching
The second quarter
A little time
Third quarter
Questions
Akashi Seijuro
The dance of the point guards
A confession
The twins
Injury
The vow
Epilouge
Acknowledgements and sequel!

Pep talk

559 24 4
By BlackfeatherC

"Yukiji-san... Akira-san..."

Sora had pulled Yukiji and Akira out of the locker room an hour before their match began.

"What is it?" said Akira a bit apprehensively. Sora had a very determined expression on her face. "Describe the qualifiers last year," said Sora. Akira and Yukiji exchanged glances.

"Dunno..." said Akira. "They just seemed to whiz by. We didn't come across any match that was too hard. Piece of cake really."

"Your opinion?" said Sora addressing Yukiji next.

"Pretty much the same. The tough ones come only after the qualifiers," said Yukiji with a shrug.

"Good.... Now if anyone from the team asks, they were like hell. You wouldn't have won if you hadn't given it your all. Got it?" said Sora.

"But the qualifiers are boring..." protested Akira.

"I don't care! It's enough if you know that. You don't have to share your knowledge with the rest of the team and make them put up a sloppy performance," said Sora.

"They'll find out anyway," pointed out Yukiji.

"It'll be a few matches before they do," assured Sora.

"Meh... Is this really worth it?" said Akira.

"Akira-san...."

"Yeah?"

"Do as you're told."

Akira gulped "Okay." And then she added under her breath, "As expected from the empress. Once a midget, always a midget."

"What was that?"

"Nothing," said Akira hastily.

"I think it was something related to small stature and huge egos," said Yukiji with a giggle.

"Shut up!" protested Akira.

"Eh... There are actually many of us in the club you know," said Sora glancing at Akira.

"Sorry!" said Akira. "I don't want my head hacked off by a midget army."

Sora coughed. "Then quit being so derogatory."

"I do try..." muttered Akira.

"Ant – 1, Lighthouse – 0" whispered Yukiji.

"Seriously? Are we keeping score now?" said Akira.

"Akira-san, Yukiji-san, shouldn't we be getting back to the locker room?" said Sora.

"Yeah!" said Akira.

"You guys go on. I'll catch up. I gotta buy a soda," said Yukiji.

"Eh... I didn't know you were such a huge fan of soda," said Sora. "Didn't you just buy a tin in the morning."

"True. But it's got a dent in it," said Yukiji with a grimace.

"So? Who cares?" said Akira.

"My lucky item is a can today. I can't have an imperfect lucky item," said Yukiji patiently.

"It's going to be on the bench," pointed out Akira. "I bet you can't even see the dent."

"But I can feel it," said Yukiji with a shudder. "Gotta go." Saying this, she headed over to the vending machines.

"Is it just me, or do we seem to be getting weirder every day?" said Akira.

"I get that feeling too," said Sora with a shrug. "Let's go. I want to be in there the whole of the last hour."

"You make it sound like we're going to die..." said Akira.

Sora and Akira walked towards the locker room. On their way they passed another team who seemed to be deep in conversation. Akira was rooted to her spot when she heard the word 'Teiko' feature in the dialogue.

"..... strong. Almost like demons. You're right though. Too much attitude if you ask me. You can't even call that a team. It's no use playing I tell you. Not that we're going to forfeit or anything but I don't know. This isn't going to be one of my favourite matches. Anyways, we've gotta play the brats whether we like it or...."

The boy's voice trailed off when he noticed Akira staring at him. He whitened when he read the name Teiko on her jersey. Sora tugged Akira's sleeve. "Let's go," she whispered. She continued to pull on Akira's sleeve and Akira followed in a daze.

"I'm surprised..." said Sora in a pleased tone. "It took a lot of courage to walk away without making a scene. Good, Akira..."

It was then that Akira swore loudly. "That swine! I'll make him pay for sure! Lemme at him. I'll take him out..."

Sora facepalmed. "So it just sunk in now..."

"What the hell does he know about us..." said Akira brandishing her fist at thin air.

"Which is all the more reason you should let this go," said Sora with a sigh.

"How could he say that about Aomine-kun, Ryo-kun, Shin-chan...." snarled Akira. And then her face lit up. "That's it."

"Uh oh..." said Sora.

Akira quickly dialed a number.

Kise: Hello?

Akira: (yelling) Ryo-kun!

Kise: Aiee!

*A short pause when Kise drops the phone and picks it up*

Kise: Akiracchi! Has someone tried to kidnap you and ended up getting killed because he mistook you for a girl?

Akira: Mistook?....

Kise: Or have some of my fans approached you again for my autograph and you don't know how to get away...

Akira: Ryo-kun...

Kise: Or...

Akira: Shut up!

Kise: ....

Akira: Okay. Listen up. I want you to cream the next team you're playing against.

Kise: Cream? As in...

Akira: Defeat them so badly they cry.

Kise: Akiracchi, they're going to lose anyway. Why would you waste your phone balance on this?

Akira: Argh! I want you to go all out. You're hopeless. Give it to Mine.

Kise: Okay....

Aomine: Hello?

Akira: Let's make a bet. Put in a thousand baskets and I'll buy you dinner. On the house. For free. You don't have to pay a cent. My treat.

Sora: (From the side) Akira-san, the last few phrases are synonyms.

Akira: Scr*w grammar.

Sora: Really!

Akira: Anyway, you heard me, Aomine.

Aomine: Woman... I can't put in a thousand baskets even if I put in a basket every three seconds.

Akira: The only one who can beat you is...

Aomine: Me. Why are you stealing catch-phrases...

Akira: Then what the hell is your problem. Make 'em run.

Aomine: What is your problem...

Akira: You're hopeless too. Give it to Midorima.

Midorima: Hello?

Akira: Shin-chan, Cancer is first today right?

Midorima: Actually, eleventh, nanodayo.

Akira:.... It doesn't matter. Who's last?

Midorima: Libra, nanodayo.

Akira: You're a mad crab playing against a bunch of dumb Libras. Go rock!

Midorima: Mad crab....

Akira: Give it to Murasakibara.

Murasakibara: *busy eating a granola* Nom?

Akira: Mu-kun!

Murasakibara: Nom?

Akira: Never mind. Pass the phone.

Kuroko: (now alert by judging the other's reactions) Tamotsu-san, I'm on the bench for now. Spare me.

Akira: Go phantom! Pass the phone.

Akashi: Hello?

Akira: (rethinking her decision when she hears Akashi's voice) Umm... Win...

Akashi: Do I need you to tell me that?

Akira: No...

Akashi: Then why bother.

Akira: Sorry!

Akashi: Good luck for your match, Tamotsu. And one more thing...

Akira: What?

Akashi: Tell Sora I wished her luck.

Akira: .... Yandere.

Akashi: Just do as you're told.

Akira: You know, the other midget told me that too.

Akashi: Midget?

Akira: Nothing. Bye. *hangs up in a hurry*

Akira found Sora doubled up in laughter beside her. "What?" she said.

"You did that on the speaker, Akira-san!" Sora managed to say between her laughs. "That was one hell of a pep talk!"

Akira blushed. "It just came over me..."

"You are doing one for the team."

"What? No!"

"I insist!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 7.3K 88
A Kuroko no basuke fanfic Teiko's basketball #1 Teiko middle school's basketball club. A team known as the Generation of miracles. Their story needs...
39.2K 813 16
One summer afternoon in Teikou Academy's court, the first string regular members is preparing for their practice match against the second and third s...
79.4K 1.5K 9
What happens if one day Kuroko Tetsuya's calm demeanor and deadpan expression was replaced by a violent and dangerous personality? Will Seirin be abl...
19.7K 429 57
This is a story based on Kuroko's basketball but with an extra character: y/n. You are dating Shintaro Midorima and are stronger than all of the Gene...