My Big Brother Liam Payne (a...

By Blue123584

This story is about eleven year old Bailey Payne who was diagnosed with aggressive lung cancer just after her... More

I'll start at the beginning
The worst way to find out
Out and about
Saying goodbye
While your gone
With you
Through the night
Things to do before I die
Forgetting for a while
Be strong for me
The performance of a lifetime
Training starts
I'll stay right here
Doesn't happen every day
Small but powerful
Chats with Paul
Interview with Oprah
The doctors appointment
The final training session
It's over, time to go
Letters
Niall's letter
Zayn's letter
Harry's letter
Liam's letter
15 years later...

Decision

19.1K 338 118
By Blue123584

Bailey's POV

Harry carried me upstairs and into my room where he sat me down on the bed. I was confused, didn't Liam say I could sleep with them?

"I know you're staying with us babe, but you need to change" he said.

I sighed and fell back into the bed, it literally felt like all the energy had been drained from me. I didn't feel like I could do the simplest things like getting changed. I just hope tomorrow is better. I need to spend time with Liam before he leaves for tour again.

"Please Bailes, can you just get changed for me?" Harry pleaded.

I shook my head, tears starting to fall yet again from my eyes. Was it possible for tears to ever dry up? I hope so, I felt like a complete wimp crying like this all the time.

"You can do it, for me?" Harry said.

I sat back up with great struggle and with Harry's help managed to stand up. He walked towards the door but stayed there with his back turned to me. It was sweet of him, staying with me so I was okay, but giving me the privacy at the same time. Not that I needed it to be honest. I was just about to put my top on when dizziness overwhelmed me again and I fell in a heap onto the floor. My crying became louder.

"Bailey?" Harry whipped around and his eyes widened when he noticed I had fallen. "Are you okay?"

"No" I sobbed, reaching weakly up with my arm to rub the bump that was forming on my head. "I'm so useless, I can't do anything"

"It's not your fault. It's the medicine that's going to help you get better" Harry said, helping me sit up on the floor and lean me against my bed.

He retrieved my pyjama top and pulled it over my head, putting my arms through the holes. He was like a little kid playing with their doll.

"I wish people would stop saying that it's going to make me better. The doctor said that it would slow it down, not stop it or make it go away. Like I've said ten times now, this cancer is going to kill me, wether you like it or not" I snapped.

He dropped his head to look at the ground and I immediately felt bad for snapping at him. After all, if he had helped me up when I had fallen.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. Well I did, but I didn't mean to say it in that way" I shook my head and started scratching the back of my hand, something I did when I was cross with myself.

"Hey don't do that" Harry held my hands in each of his. "You are strong. I know everyone fighting diseases like yours is considered strong but you have to be. And I know that you are going to try and stay here for as long as possible. There are people here who care about you a lot Bailes, including me"

He pulled me into his lap and rested his head on mine. He turned slightly to kiss the the top of my head and started to stand up. He carried me into Liam's room which is where he and the rest of the boys were staying. Zayn, Niall and Louis were in there, sat in their various sleeping bags on the floor. Excluding Zayn, he would be sharing Liam's big double bed.

"You okay?" Niall asked. "we heard a crashing noise"

Harry looked at me and I gave him the best please don't tell them look. I didn't want them to find out I was so weak I couldn't even dress myself.

"I...uh...tripped over my shoelace" Harry made up on the spot.

"Mate, you're wearing socks" Louis pointed out.

"Uh...I tripped over my socks?" Harry tried again.

"Okay, now tell us what actually happened" Zayn said tiredly.

Harry gave me a sorry look before turning back to them.

"Please don't tell them" I whispered, my voice cracking.

"Tell us what?" Niall asked worriedly.

"Bailey fell over while getting changed" Harry said quickly.

Embarrassment flooded every inch of my body as the boys gave me pitying looks. I couldn't stand it and ran back to my room, slamming the door behind me.

Liam's POV

I had heard a thump while I was talking with mum but was reassured with the fact that the boys were up there and would be able to help Bailey if she needed it. Mum and I got to the top of the stairs when I saw Baileys bedroom door slam shut. Mum started heading towards it when I stopped her.

"We can talk to the boys, see what they think about her coming in tour with us. After all we'd only be able to do it if they don't mind, she'll be living with them as well" I pointed out.

Mum nodded and I opened my bedroom door to reveal Harry sat in my bed with his head in his hands. Niall had an arm around his shoulders and the boys all seemed to be comforting Harry.

"What's happened?" I asked.

"She hates me" Harry mumbled.

"Excuse me?" I asked in confusion.

"Bailey, she fell over while getting changed. She must have become dizzy or something. She didn't want me to tell the boys but I did" Harry clenched and un clenched one fist.

"Why did you tell them if she didn't want you to?" I failed to see how hard it was to keep a secret as simple as that, mum had managed to keep it from me that my sister had cancer.

"Because my excuse failed. I said that the bump was me tripping over my shoelace, but obviously I'm wearing socks as Louis so kindly pointed out" Harry said sarcastically. "So I ended up having to tell them. She got embarrassed and then ran to her room"

"We'll go and get her in a minute, I need to talk to you boys about something" Liam sat on the floor and everyone gathered in front of him. "I...I haven't spent much time with Bailey at all in the past few years. I want to be able to spend some more time with her before...before...you know"

"You're not going to leave the band are you?" Louis asked.

"No no, nothing like that. I was just wondering...if you'd mind. If you'd mind her coming on tour with us?" I looked up at them nervously.

"Of course we wouldn't mind, we'd want the same if it was one our sisters" Zayn said, the other boys nodding.

Relief washed over me and I stood up so we could have a group hug.

"Liam, remember you still need to ask Bailey what she wants to do. She may want to stay here with me" mum had obvious traces of hope in her voice.

I sighed and nodded before mum and I made our way into Bailey's room. She was curled up on her bed and quiet sniffs and sobs could be heard every now and again. She turned when we opened the door and sat up.

"I guess they told you" she sighed sadly.

"They did, but Bailes, it's nothing to be embarrassed about" mum and I sat either side of her on the bed. "You can't help it"

"I'm going to get stronger, I promise" she said confidently. "I don't want to let anyone down"

"You will never, ever, let anyone down Bailey" mum said, making Bailey smile weakly.

"Mum and I need to ask you something extremely important" I said, her eyes showed confusion. "I'd like to spend more time with you Bailes. Which is why I was wondering if you'd like to come on tour with us"

"What about the other boys, they wouldn't want me hanging around" she said.

"They're fine with it. They love you Bailey, not as much as I do of course, but your like a sister to them. We'd do anything for you Bailey"

She smiled properly at me and wrapped her arms around my neck, me wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Or you could stay here with mum and dad" I said, glancing quickly at mum who had never looked more unhappy.

Bailey looked from mum to me, then to mum again.

"That's not fair, I love you both" she looked down at her hands in her lap. "But mum, I barely get to see Liam. If I stayed with you then I don't know when I'd get to see him next. So...can I go with him?"

"Are you sure darling? There's lots of travelling and it will probably make you feel more tired, you'll be staying on a bus with those small bunks and" mum tried to make Bailey change her mind.

"Mum this isn't fair, you're trying to convince her not to come with me. I'm not saying the negatives that there would be if she stayed with you" I said crossly.

"I'm not being fair!" Mum exclaimed. "You're the one who's taking my baby away from me when she's ill, Bailey is going to die Liam and you're taking her away from me!"

Bailey looked at mum in shock and her lip wobbled. I shook my head and glared at mum.

"HARRY!" I shouted.

Harry was here in seconds and I instructed him to take Bailey back to my room. She shouldn't have to listen to mum and I arguing like this, especially if mum was going to say things like she just did. When Bailey was gone I shut the bedroom door and turned back to mum.

"Was that really necessary?" I snapped.

"Yes it was Liam. You are being completely stupid. She needs her mum right now, you won't be able to look after her when she's even more sick, when she needs to go to the hospital. You don't understand what other hardships this disease comes with!" Mum shouted loudly, I'm sure Bailey could still hear us.

"Maybe she needs her big brother as well, which is why she chose to be with me!" I shouted. "I can handle her being sick mum, and the doctors appointments. She's my little sister and I'd do anything to protect her!"

"And you really think taking her on a bus around the world will be the best thing for her" mum pointed out.

"She needs to have experiences mum!" I countered back.

"I just don't think it's the best thing for her" mums voice was calmer now.

"Fine, I've got an idea. She stays with you for two weeks, that gives me time to sort everything out with management. If she's happy with you, fine, she can stay. But if she still wants to come with me, then she can"

"That sounds good, I think you'll be surprised Liam. We're very close, she'll probably want to stay with me" mum said in a snobbish manner.

I rolled my eyes at her and we went to our rooms. When I opened the door to mine I saw Zayn lying on the right side of my bed with his arm around Bailey, her head on his stomach. The other boys were lying in their sleeping bags on their phones.

"How did it go? Bailey told us she's coming with us, so she'll be leaving with us tomorrow right?" Niall whispered.

I didn't answer him, I couldn't risk Bailey hearing me. She couldn't know that she wasn't actually coming with us straight away, that she was staying with mum. I got mums point, Bailey is her daughter and I suggested taking her with me. But to say that I wouldn't be able to look after her, that was just rude. I laid down on the other side of Bailey and heard Niall sigh. Bailey was fast asleep and I knew how weak she was so I left her cuddled up with Zayn. I just wanted my baby sister.

A/N- please comment and vote :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786 168 61
A/N This is my first novel. I hope you'll enjoy the book. Remember to vote and comment. Want to find out what happens to a17 year old Kaitlyn and Ni...
242K 10.7K 26
Niall Horan isn't like other boys his age. Some people say he's just immature, but they only say that because they don't and won't take the time to g...
11K 346 22
~SEQUAL~ Erika found out that she has cancer and its been a couple years and she keeps getting weaker and then getting stronger by the help of her fa...
18.4K 315 13
This is a story that @Libs993 have been working on in private message. It is a One D family story where Harry and Liam are the parents and then NIal...