Music Camp { A Short Luke Hem...

By TakenOverByZoe

It is a camp in which you will make music, make friends and learn stuff. You learn to play new songs, and to... More

O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E p i l o g u e

F i v e

99 4 0
By TakenOverByZoe

''Luke, Ashton?'' You ask, softly knocking on the door of what's supposed to be their cabin. You hear footsteps and within seconds someone opens the door, but that someone isn't Luke or Ashton. It's Calum standing in front of you.

''Who are you?'' He asks you with cocked eyebrows. ''You seriously don't recognize me?'' You ask him, also with a cocked eyebrow. He seems to think for a bit before you see recognition in his face. ''I do remember you, you're that girl from Ashton and Luke's band,'' he says. You nod before thinking about what to say next.

''Are Luke and Ashton here?'' You ask him while looking around. You don't have that much time. You told Bethany you were going to have a look around while she was showering, she'll get suspicious otherwise.

''Um, yeah... Why do you want to talk to them?'' You are a bit taken back by his question but think of a good answer before saying it to him. ''We have something to discuss about the song,'' you state, watching him going from really tense to a little more relaxed.

''Okay, Luke! Ash! It's for you,'' he says before leaving his spot and getting back into the cabin. ''For us?'' You hear Luke confusedly say before he appears in the opening. ''Oh, hey Hailey,'' he says when he notices you standing there. Ashton also joins him and smiles at you when he sees it's you.

''Can I talk to you? In private?'' You ask them both, nodding your head towards the cabin to indicate that you want some privacy. The both nod and get out of the cabin before closing the door behind them.

''What's up?'' Luke asks you when he sees your worried face. ''There are some nasty rumors going round,'' you say while scrunching your nose in disgust. ''Our roommates made them up, and soon everyone will know about them,'' the boys look at you in confusion. ''What kind of rumors?'' Ashton asks you.

''They're telling everyone Beth tried to kiss you, after which you walked away because you totally didn't want it or her at all. I was afraid you would've heard it from one of them instead of me...'' You explain to them both. Luke still looks confused, Ashton somewhat angry. ''Why does that even matter?'' Luke asks.

''Well...'' You say, looking at Ashton for permission. His cheeks turn a slight shade of pink as he opens his mouth and speaks up. ''Well, I might have a little crush on her,'' he admits to his friend.

''What...? We promised Calum not to Ashton. We weren't supposed to do things like this. I knew coming to that gathering was a bad idea,'' Luke sighs. Ashton looks really sad, and you decide to stick up for him. ''Luke, Ashton can't help it. It only takes seconds to get a crush on someone. Why are you even listening to your friends?'' You ask him.

Well, now you've got that above the surface you might as well continue this whole conversation. ''Hailey, I don't think you realize how important my friends are to me,'' Luke says while his eyes darken. ''I do Luke, I suppose you were just as unpopular as Ashton before you met them?'' Okay, maybe that wasn't the best way to put it, but it's true.

He looks a bit surprised, but then nods. ''Yeah, I don't want to lose my only friends now I have them,'' he softly says while looking at his feet. ''I understand, but don't you think we're going to acquire a little more bonding if we have to do this assignment together? You and your friends being nasty to either Bethany and I... It isn't really working,'' you say.

Luke hesitantly nods. ''I guess you're right. We could just do it, you know? Be nice to them?'' That question was directed towards Ashton, who's still standing there with clenched fists. ''Yeah,'' he says, ''we could,'' you smile at this little improvement, until Ashton's face hardens again.

''But what about the rumor?'' He asks you. You shrug. ''I don't know, I just hope we can get it out of the way before everyone believes it really happened. This camp would be so bad for either Bethany and you if that happens,'' you explain to him. Ashton nods understandingly, but opens his mouth to say something anyway. ''And my case isn't even the worst case scenario, Bethany's would be so much worse since everyone's going to believe she tried to kiss me, and I rejected her,'' he explains.

''I think it would be the other way around if it ever happens,'' he sadly adds. Luke pats his shoulder and tells his friend to man up. ''Ashton, don't worry. If you really like that girl I guess it could work out. The only difficulty you have is Calum and Michael,'' he tells his friend.

Ashton shrugs. ''I don't know Luke, she doesn't seem that interested in me,'' he says. ''It seems like she despises me, because of the way I acted towards her yesterday,'' Luke looks at his mate with pity. ''What did you even tell her?'' Ashton gets this really guilty look in his eyes, and you surely hope on some clearance.

''I kind of humiliated her. When I noticed I started to like the girl I began to act a little bit like a douchebag. I told her she was insane because of the chords she chose, while it actually sounded good. I asked her if she even knows a thing about music, and treated her like a child,'' you feel your jaw drop as you feel an indignant feeling build up in your stomach. ''It's no wonder she thinks you hate her, and I completely understand her behavior towards you as well now,'' you say while frowning.

''I know! But I didn't mean any of it. I didn't have any choice... I couldn't like her,'' Ashton says, sounding really guilty right now.

''Tell her, not me,'' you say while rolling your eyes. ''If you really like her, you shouldn't tell us, but her. She wants assurance Ashton, not me,'' you sternly tell him. ''If she's broken on the inside because of insults you made, I'm not the one who you should apologize to,''

He seems to shrink a little, like a schoolboy who's getting lectured. ''I know Hailey, I know. I just need a chance to do that,'' he says.

''Well, I know something that could help you with that,'' I say. Luke looks up at me and starts to smile when he realizes what I'm talking about, and he nods. ''What is it?'' Ashton asks you, not understanding it quite yet.

''Go help us with that rumor, you're the only one who could really do something,'' you push it, and it finally seems to reach him. ''Yeah, I'm going to do something. I don't know what, but I am,'' he says. ''Tonight at the improvisation night,'' you nod and smile at him. ''Thanks a lot Ashton, this could really help both you and I,'' you say. The boy smiles and walks back into the cabin, leaving you with Luke.

''You're good with this stuff,'' he says with a smile. ''I can never get through him, and you do it within minutes,'' you smile and shrug. ''He's like Bethany, and I know how to handle her,'' you tell him. ''Well, you did great. I wish there's something I could do as well, but I guess it's all on Ashton now,'' he says. ''Calum and Michael are just so... Forcing. I wish there was a way to make them a little nicer,'' you sadly smile before replying. ''I wish too Luke, seeing you both so... suppressed like this is not a happy sight,''

''Hm, I'm glad there's at least someone who understands,'' he says while sending you a meaningful smile. ''Hey, that's what friends are for... Right?'' You ask him. ''Yeah, that's what friends are for,'' he says before pulling you into a hug, you gladly accepting him. Yeah, mission reaching Luke accomplished.

''I'm going to head back to Bethany now, or she'll think I'm doing something suspicious,'' you say after letting go of Luke. ''Yeah, I'd best get in there as well. I guess I see you tonight?'' He asks with a wink. ''Sure thing!'' You say before her turns around and get back into his cabin.

You feel butterflies go wild in your stomach and your heart just skipped a beat at that wink. What the hell is wrong with you? You couldn't go possibly liking this boy, could you? One thing you knew for sure, a whole lot of drama was going to follow, if it's not today, then it's tomorrow.

--------- • ---------

''Are you really sure this whole night is a good idea? Everyone knows about the rumor right now,'' Bethany sighs while sitting down on her bed. She luckily didn't stop showering until you come back, which saved your ass. You heavily nod before opening your mouth to tell her why.

''That's why you should show up, otherwise everyone will think you're too afraid to show yourself. You need to show confidence, remember what Andrea told us? That also applies to real life, if you hide away from it now everything will only get worse,'' she nods understandingly and sits up straight. ''I guess you're right,'' she says. ''But I'm not planning on performing or anything,'' you heavily shake your head this time.

''No, me neither,'' you say. This is when Ashley walks in and shows you both a devilish smile. ''Good luck tonight Bethany, I hope you're going to feel it in the way you deserve,'' oh, she's definitely going to feel something she deserves, but it's definitely not a bad thing Ashley. ''Can you get out please?'' You politely ask her with a frown. ''Of course,'' Ashley says with a fake smile before grabbing the things she needed and leaving. ''Well that was easy,'' you say, surprised.

''Yeah, she's probably satisfied already,'' Bethany sadly says. ''Hey, don't worry, everything will be okay,'' you say while patting her shoulder. ''I promise,'' she nods, takes a deep breath and gets up from her comfortable spot. ''Well, let's go then,'' she says. You look at her outfit. She's wearing a black Nirvana tanktop stuffed into a black skater skirt, gray all stars on her feet. You're wearing a Fall Out Boy muscle top with ripped high waisted shorts underneath it. You stuffed the top into the shorts. ''Yeah,'' you say. You both leave the cabin and go to the smaller stage, where the improvisation night will be held.

''Nobody's said anything yet,'' Bethany whispers in your ear when you walk past a lot of people, but nobody talks about the thing. ''Maybe they just haven't told anyone yet, maybe they've changed their minds!'' You say in an optimistic voice. You know it's not true, but who cares? ''Sure Hailey,'' Bethany sarcastically says. ''I think they haven't told anyone yet, they'll do that when there's more people,'' you nod, what's the use of denying it? You don't know Valery and Ashley that well, but you know them well enough to know they're going to do something.

''Okay, who's the first one to come up here and perform something for us tonight?'' Andrea yells in the microphone. Apparently she's the leader tonight. 'What does improvisation night even mean?'' You think out loud. ''It means you can go up there and perform without previously planning on doing something and preparing it. If you like to perform something, you can,'' Bethany quickly explains.

''So if I say I want to sing We Are The Champions, I can just go up there?'' You ask her. ''Were you planning on doing that, then?'' Bethany asks you with a cocked eyebrow. ''No, but if,'' you say while rolling your eyes. Bethany laughs, but replies. ''Yeah, you could,'' she says. ''So, planning on performing some Queen tonight?'' You hear a low voice behind you say. You turn around and the person standing there already makes your knees go weak by his presence: Luke Hemmings. What the hell is happening to you?

''No, I was just asking,'' you say with a grin. ''Ah, I see,'' he says with a smirk before joining you while looking at the stage. Two girls are entering it, both with a guitar in their hands. ''Did you know there's a karaoke evening tomorrow?'' He asks the two of you. ''Yes, I did,'' Bethany says. ''I did not,'' you admit while looking at the ground guiltily. ''Ah, you know now,'' he says with a chuckle.

The girls start to play I'm Yours, and you listen to them. They're quite good, but then again: everyone here's good, otherwise they wouldn't have been accepted.

''Where's Ashton?'' You ask when you notice the curly boy's missing. ''Back in the cabin with Calum and Michael, he'll be here in not too long. I decided to go already because I was bored and ready,'' Luke shrugs. ''Ah, I see,'' you reply now.

''I don't even like this song that much,'' Bethany moans when two other girls are singing Adore You by Miley Cyrus. ''Me neither,'' you say with a frown. These girls should stick with playing piano either, because singing isn't their best thing.

''Aren't you performing anything tonight, girls?'' Luke asks. ''Nope, not my kind of thing,'' you say, after which Bethany nods in agreement. ''Same here,'' she says. ''What about you?'' You ask Luke. He shrugs. ''I don't think so,'' he says. ''I've got some news by the way! I-'' he wants to talk but gets interrupted by a loud voice.

''Hey everyone,'' you all look at the small stage and see Valery standing there. ''This is a beautiful night, isn't it?'' She asks, and everyone cheers. ''Oh no,'' Bethany whispers next to you. ''Is this it?'' Luke mouths at you, and you nod.

''Well, it's also a beautiful night for a beautiful confession of someone. Y'all know Ashton Irwin, don't you?'' Everyone cheers again. ''Of course you do, he's one of the hottest guys on this camp,'' she says with a big grin before continuing. ''Well, someone tried to kiss him during the class we had yesterday,'' Valery says, her grin only growing bigger. You hear several confused sounds around you, and you grab Bethany's arm. ''Wanna know who it was?'' Valery asks. ''It was Bethany Hunter, do you know her? She tried to kiss him and he rejected her die hard,'' she chuckles. Everyone around us starts to chuckle as well. Some throwing Bethany some pityfull looks. ''Yeah, you Bethany Hunter, come up here,'' Valery says. Bethany is reluctant, but then realizes she'll only get humiliated more if she stays here. ''Beth,'' I whisper but she yanks her arm away. ''I'm doing this,'' she says before straightening her back and walking up the stage, everyone cheering around us.

In a reflex I grab Luke's arm, but he doesn't seem to care about my sudden movement at all. He smiles at me with a sympathetic smile.

''Ah, there she is,'' Valery says. ''Well, this girl right here got rejected by Ashton Irwin, not so strange, right?'' She laughs, anyone else laughing with her. Except for me and Luke of course.

''It's not true,'' Bethany softly says. ''What did you say?'' Valery asks her. ''It's not fucking true!"' Bethany repeats, louder now.

''Oh isn't it?'' Valery asks. ''Because from what I've heard, you got rejected. He angrily walked away because he didn't want you. He thinks you're pathetic and doesn't like you, Bethany,'' Valery says while laying her hand on Beth's shoulder. ''He doesn't like you at all,''

''That's not true,'' you suddenly hear a voice boom through the crowd. You look around to see where it's coming from when you see Ashton standing there. ''What did you say, Ashton?'' Valery asks him in a sweet tone. She hates him, she hates him so fucking much.

''That's not true, I actually do like her,'' Ashton says while walking up the stage and taking the microphone from her. ''What you're telling everyone here isn't true. Bethany didn't try to kiss me, hell, I would be lucky if she did. We just talked yesterday, and I walked away because I'm just a douche bag, okay? Don't treat that girl like that, she doesn't deserve your fake rumors,'' Ashton says before handing the microphone back. He grabs Bethany's hand, who's on the verge of tears, and leads her back to us.

''Let's go to the lake,'' he tells Luke and you, and you obediently follow him. Everyone around you is giving the four of you wide eyes, but you just ignore them, like you should. Everyone believed that bitch, but now it's their time to see who's really that trust worthy, the bitch who only tells nasty things about Bethany, or the one who just kind of told everyone he likes her. You're still holding Luke's arm, but he still doesn't seem to care. He grabs your hand and slightly squeezes it before leading you with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 130 20
Everyone in Willow's class finds a partner for a project, not knowing what the project is. After everyone is paired up, Willow notices only one perso...
16.7K 427 41
in which a shy college student posts her number on a school message board for other students who need to rant or just need a friend. visceralluke - 2...
2.1M 51.8K 38
I'm Caroline Evans, originally from London and I'm seventeen. My family transferred here to Sydney, not because of my dad's work or whatever common r...
26.6K 478 44
Shannon McCormack is a young store owner with her new clothing line on the rise. she runs into 5 seconds of summer member Luke Hemmings and is thrown...