Music Camp { A Short Luke Hem...

Af TakenOverByZoe

It is a camp in which you will make music, make friends and learn stuff. You learn to play new songs, and to... Mere

O n e
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E p i l o g u e

T w o

83 5 2
Af TakenOverByZoe

You peel your eyes open and feel a bit confused. Then you remember, you're on a camp and this is the second official day here. Yesterday you hung around some more with Bethany while playing guitar before you had to go to the places where you all eat together.

You all went to bed together and today's the day in which you will actually do things that are related to the camp: you'll do some things to get to know each other better, a meeting with your band and some learning things.

You stretch your arms and legs and swing them over the edge of your bunkbed.

Because of the movement the whole bed starts to shake, waking Bethany as well.

"Is it morning already?" She asks, and you nod. "Yeah, we have some things on the schedule for today. But first breakfast, which starts at nine," you tell her, and she climbs out of the upper bed as well.

You both take a quick shower in the shared sanitary building before dressing yourself and getting ready for breakfast.

You're wearing your black All Time Low tank top together with some denim ripped shorts and black Vans. Your hair is tied up in a messy bun and you apply just a little bit of mascara before considering yourself done.

"You ready?"

You look up and see that Bethany is also done, dressed in a black Green Day shirt with some white ripped shorts and black simple flip flops. Her hair is waving down her back and she isn't wearing any make up.

"Sure," you reply, and you both walk out of the cabin. Ashley was still sleeping, and Valery got up before you. You haven't seen her since yesterday, and you didn't care too much either.

It was around ten past nine now, so breakfast was already served and you could just join the group.

You didn't really see any familiar faces. Of course you'd seen some that performed yesterday, but you didn't really bother to remember them.

The breakfast existed of bread with simple spreads and toppings like cheese and Nutella. You made yourself a sandwich with some grilled meat in slices and filled a glass with orange juice. Bethany grabs her plate with a sandwich with Nutella and joins you to your seat on a random table.

"What's the first thing on our schedule?" You ask her.

"We have a come together at ten, so you can get to know some of the people here. I don't really know what we're doing yet, but I suppose it's something to do with doing stuff together with our band. At twelve we have lunch, and after lunch we have a class in banding," she explains. She read that shit yesterday and remembered it... Wow.

"Okay," You mumble, and take a big bite from your sandwich.

"Hey," you look up to see Jennifer standing there. "Can I sit with you?"

"Sure," you say, and you scoot over a little so she can sit next to you.

She gladly nods and sits down.

"Have you met your band yet?" She asks you. "I heard that Luke and Ashton are like the hottest guys in camp. Together with Calum and Michael of course," she says.

"Nah, we haven't met them yet. But they acted like assholes yesterday," Bethany shrugs.

"Calum and Michael did, not Ashton and Luke," Jennifer wisely says. "I've heard about them from the girls in my cabin. They can't stop drooling over the poor boys. Well, I know it was a compliment that they placed you into a band with them, they're really talented,"

"You know? We'll see, maybe they're nice, maybe they're not. There's one thing I know: we'll have to keep up with them," you shrug, and Jennifer nods. "You're right. The people in my band are a bunch of nerds. One of them plays guitar, which is kind of okay. The other two play the flute... I'm not kidding," she sighs.

"You already met them?" You ask. "Yeah, I went looking for them," she explains. "You'll officially meet them in an hour,"

You finish your breakfast while talking and return to your cabin after. You don't have to bring anything to the come together, it has nothing to do with the actual music and instruments. Ashley also got out of bed this time, and is applying the third layer of foundation at the moment.

"Don't think you're special now you're in a band with Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin," she says when the two of you walk in.

"Okay..?" You say. "I'm pretty sure my band's going to win. With my voice everything will be completed, just like my vocal coach told me," wow, never heard someone say that much bullshit in such a short amount of time before.

You play a short game of Uno before walking outside again to see some of the camp before you have to go to the come together. There's a beautiful lake on the edge of the camp, and it's really peaceful.

The camp has a few buildings with small classrooms, music studios and just some rooms to practice in. Apart from that there's the auditorium and a place where the improvisation moments and campfires will take place. Then at the other edge of the camp there's the cabins and the hall where you all eat.

You've just seen everything when it's time to go to the place where the campfires take place. There's also a number of people waiting there, and more follow.

"Okay, welcome," the lady says when everyone arrived. "Today there's a chance to meet your band. The meaning of this moment, is the fact that you should get to know each other. I'll give you some assignments to do when you've gathered with your own band," she explains.

Everyone starts to talk and a big chaos erupts. "I don't know who of those four boys belong in our band... Well shit," you mutter.

After a while or so you notice that from the four boys only two are left over, so that must be Luke and Ashton.

"I think that's them," you whisper to Bethany while nodding at the boys. "You're right," she says. "And Jennifer was too, they're kinda hot," you add. Bethany slightly nods and blushes.

"Shall we walk towards them?" You ask her, and she shrugs. "I don't know," she says. "Well I don't either," you say while looking at the two boys.

Now they seem to notice the two of you, and slowly walk closer. "Are you Bethany and Hailey?" The blonde boy with the piercing in his lips asks.

"Yeah, we are," you say. "I'm Hailey," the blonde shakes your hand. "I'm Luke," he says. "I like your shirt," you look down and see your all time low tank top. "Thanks, I love All Time Low," you say with a smile.

"I do too," Luke says and he smiles back at you. He's wearing a Nirvana shirt himself, and it looks really good on him with those ripped skinny jeans.

Maybe Jennifer was right, he seems nice.

"Hey, I'm Ashton," the other boy with the curly hair in the bandana tells you. "Hi, Hailey," you introduce yourself.

"That girl in the Green Day shirt is Bethany by the way," you say when you notice Bethany's a little bit shy. "Hi," she says with a small smile.

"I love Green Day," Ashton says while pointing at her shirt. "Me too, I love AC DC as well," she says while pointing at his muscle top that has AC DC on it.

"So, what do you play?" Luke asks us both when we sat down on one of the small benches made out of wood.

"I play guitar," you say. "That's it," Luke understandingly nods. "I mostly play rhythmic guitar," he says. "Mostly chords and that shizzle," you understandingly nod this time.  He seems nice so far.

"I play drums, saxophone, piano and guitar, but mostly drums," Ashton tells you and Bethany and your eyes lit up. "That's a lot," you tell him. "Yeah, I'm planning on becoming a music teacher," he says with a smile. "What do you play," he turns towards Bethany, Luke and you doing the same.

"I Uhm..." She begins. "I play guitar and piano," she says, her cheeks heating up from all the attention directed towards her.

Ashton smiles at her, dimples appearing in his cheeks. "That's nice, what are you planning on playing in this band?" He asks. She shrugs for a response.

"Well, if anything, you're definitely going to sing," you say with a bright smile. "Am not," Bethany says while shaking her head. "I completely messed up holiday, I can't sing,"

"No, I agree. You should sing," Luke says with an encouraging smile. "You sure?" Bethany asks, disbelief in her eyes.

"Most definitely," Ashton also joins in.

"Well, okay... I guess I'll sing and play guitar then... But only if you sing with me," she says while pointing towards Luke.

"I agree," you join in this time. "You're a really good singer,"

His cheeks heat up a little. "Okay, if you think so," he says.

"Well, if you don't mind us... We're going back to our friends," Ashton says while grabbing Luke's arm and dragging him away. Luke sends him confused glance, after which Ashton gives him a knowing glare. Luke just shrugs and with that they're out of sight.

"Okay," Bethany says, kind of confused.

You feel kind of disappointed, you actually had fun with them. Luke's like an angel. He's really handsome, like a model, and his voice is beautiful. Is he even real? You can't get those blue piercing eyes and lip ring out of your head.

"They were nice," you say after a while. "They were, but what if it's just an act? Did you see how Ashton looked at Luke when he dragged him away?" Bethany asks you.

"Yeah, you're right. But we'll see, we don't have much choice," you say while shrugging. Bethany agrees.

--------- • ---------

You both walk towards the place where you can eat again. It's twelve and time for lunch. The lunch exists of pizza, which you really don't mind. These people know what teens like to eat.

After this you'll have a class in banding, and you wonder what it's going to be like.

"I can't believe those boys left us alone with the assignments," Bethany says with a grumpy look on her face.

The boys never came back after going to their friends, leaving the two of you alone with the assignments you had to do to get to know each other a little better.

Maybe Valery was right, and are they really just a bunch of jerks.

"Yeah, I hope it will get better the coming week, or it will become really awkward," you say before taking a bite of your pizza.

"We have a class in banding this afternoon, what does that even mean?" You wonder out loud.

"You learn how to form a band and blend in with each other. Make compromises even though you sometimes don't like them, and learn how to work together," Bethany sums up.

"Is that something I should've known, or did you read that somewhere?" You ask her, and she laughs because of the flustered look in your eyes.

"I don't know, I just knew it," she says.

"Oh, well..," you say, taking another bite of the holy goodness.

--------- • ---------

You walk into the building with the classrooms in it, and go to classroom 3, just like you were told to do. There's already some of the people there, including four certain boys that you really don't want to see at the moment.

Luke just shows you an apologetic look, and you look away to show your dissatisfaction. You don't care about what the stupid boy does.

When a lot of you have arrived a teacher walks in.

"Hello everybody, my name is mister Rodriguez, and I'll be your banding teacher for today," he says while sitting down in the chair in front of you.

You look around in the classroom and see several instruments and a very good sound system.

"So, the first thing I'm going to do, is explain what we're going to do today," he says. "Today I'm going to make groups existing of the band you're in. You're going to learn some chords with that group, and try to make it sound good by using the right instruments and that kind of things. The main goal of this assignment is that you work together as a band to create the destination, which is a good sounding melody. Do you understand me?" He asks, and you all nod. Great, another assignment with Ashton and Luke. Hopefully they'll stay this time.

"Okay, the first band-" the teacher says, and he sums up the following members of that band. You end up having a B, Am, G and E7 chord, which you have to work with.

You all gather with your own bands, and you see how Ashton and Luke finally walk towards the two of you. "Bunch of dicks," you mutter just before they arrive, and can hear you.

"So, what are we going to do with these chords?" Luke asks as he is the first one to speak up. "Play them?" You say, cocking one eyebrow.

"Y-yeah, but I-I mean..." He says, kind of confused all of the sudden.

"Get started people," the teacher, who suddenly walks by, says. "If you don't start you'll never become a band," you look around and see that everyone happily started already. And you're not even in the process of starting.

"You know what?" Mister Rodriguez says, noticing your reluctance. "You and you work on the order of the chords together," he says while pointing at you and Luke. "And you'll be focusing on the instruments that will play those chords," he says while pointing at Bethany and Ashton.

Great, now you have to work together with Luke. The teacher apparently noticed that you didn't really talk or anything. "And go..." Rodriguez says before leaving.

"Great," Ashton mutters as we all awkwardly look at each other. "I guess you and I are working together today," Luke tells you and you nod, you'll just have to get over it.

You and Luke stay in your seats because you'll have to work on paper, and Bethany and Ashton walk towards the instruments to work out the melody.

"So, which order would be the best?" Luke asks, and you shrug. "I don't know, I guess the G would be a good one to start with?" Luke nods and hums a tone... "That's the G, right?" You ask, surprised.

"I hope it was," he chuckle. "It sounded good, let's start with that one," you say and you write it down on the paper.

"What do the other ones sound like?" You ask him, and he scrunches his nose while thinking, something which looks adorable.

"I think it goes a little like this," he says before humming another tune. "That was the E7!" You say, and he nods. "It was an attempt," he says.

"An accomplished one," you say. "But I wouldn't place that behind the G," he nods in agreement. "I wouldn't either," he says. "That would sound somewhat odd,"

Hm, he really knows something about music. "Can you do the B?" You ask him, and he thinks before humming something.

"Great, mister Hemmings. See? The two of you can work together as a team," mister Rodriguez, who suddenly appears, says. "Keep going that way!" He walks away again, and you slightly glance at Bethany and Ashton. Bethany's laughing out loud because of something Ashton says, and you can see the bright smile on his face.

Maybe those boys aren't that bad, maybe their friends just influence them a lot with their bad behaviours.

"Did that sound like a B to you?" Luke asks and you look up in a confused way, ashamed about your thoughts.

"Can you repeat it? I was a bit zoned out," you say, and Luke follows your gaze.

"Hm, they seem to get along," he says while smiling. "Yeah, they do," you reply while returning the smile.

"Y'know, we were really sorry about what happened this morning. Our friends are a little... Intense," he suddenly apologizes.

"I just thought it wasn't that classy," you admit. "We had to do those assignments on our own because of you,"

"I know, and I'm sorry," he admits while looking down at his fiddling hands.

"Why did Ashton give you that glare by the way?" You decide to clear everything up now you possibly can.

"Because... It's something stupid me and the boys decided. I can't really tell you," he hesitantly says. "Ah fuck it. We weren't supposed to be nice to you girls," you feel a bit of indignation growing in the pit of your stomach.

"Why not?" You ask him. "Because your friend, not Bethany but the other one, was a bitch to us," he admits, and you frown. "You weren't exactly nice as well," you tell him.

"Because of your friend," he shrugs, causing your indignation to rise to a new level.

"You and your little friends started mister Hemmings. You wanted to bring us down," you tell him.

"Hey, don't act like that please. It's not like you weren't a part of it," he says with a huge frown on his face.

"I wasn't a part of it, and so wasn't Bethany. We didn't say a thing," you point out for him. "But never mind, I thought the two of you were different, but you're just like them," you say with a disgusted look on your face.

"Let's do G, B, E7, Am," Luke says with a sad but angry look and he scribbles it down on the paper.

After this you don't talk to each other anymore, but just look at the walls in front of you in silence. After a few more minutes Bethany and Ashton walk towards you. Bethany plops down on the chair next to you with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Which order do you have?" She grumpily asks while snatching the paper from the table. "Okay," she mutters before laying it down again.

"What the hell happened to you?" You ask her.

"Mister Irwin suddenly decided to act like a jerk when I asked him about this morning," she says as she shoots him a glare.

He carelessly shrugs and looks away, but you can see the guilt in his eyes. Luke looks only sad right now, and he doesn't dare to make eye contact with you anymore.

"What did the two of you decide?" You ask Bethany and Ashton after a while, realising you have to finish the assignment.

Ashton quickly explains what they decided and not much later you're playing the things on your instruments. Ashton made a rhythm with the drums, Luke's playing the rhythmic guitar and you the melodic guitar while Bethany plays the bass.

You never knew she could do that, but she knows some basics.

"Okay, play," mister Rodriguez says, and Ashton counts down with tapping his sticks against each other.

You play the chords in the order you decided and everything goes well until the very last note.

"That was good, you form a good band together," he says, not noticing the clear tension between you all.

"I'm sure you'll be able to compose a good song, well done guys," he says, dismissing you from his class.

"Thanks," you say before leaving the classroom.

The boys and the two of you both go separate ways, which maybe is better. They became jerks again halfway through class, great.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

13.3K 321 23
Rose Alyssa Mitton is a depressive teenager with no one. That is until the most popular guy in school Luke Hemmings, enters her world, and everything...
2.7K 154 23
Mitchie is just your everyday, run of the mill, girl that loved things too much and too fast but when she gets the opportunity to she her favourite b...
256K 6.8K 36
Rena's high school has a system. The system is called the "Buddy System". Yes it's been used since you were in elementary school, but Rena's high sch...
5.7K 139 55
Skyler Aviana Hemmings. The youngest of the Hemmings family. She used to be the bubbly, kinda girly sister of Luke, Jack and Ben. Luke's age is the c...