A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
2-Checking Out The City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
7-Training And Hanging Out
8-New Power, New Home
9-One Thing After Another
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
15-Battle With The Wolf Witch
16-Sleepover
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
24-Arctic Mission Part 1
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

6-Mission With Kid

1.5K 46 9
By May5696

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing sunlight peeking in past the curtains. I sat up and stretched, noticing I was back in my normal, human form again.

I got up and got dressed before heading downstairs. Entering the kitchen, I saw Drake sitting at the table while Drew stood over the stove.

Drake gave me a grin when he noticed me. "Morning, Lulu."

"Good morning."

As I sat across from Drake, Drew flashed me a smile from over his shoulder.

"Morning, Luna. I'm making pancakes."

"Yum."

They both chuckled at my simple reply. Drew soon set down a plate of pancakes in front of each of us before joining us himself.

As we started eating, Drake complimented, "You're a great cook, bro."

"Yeah, Drew. You're cooking is amazing."

He nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Come on, I'm not that great."

Drake smiled and patted his brother's shoulder. After eating, we quickly got ready and left for the DWMA.

Approaching the academy, I saw the gang all there. They all smiled and waved as they noticed us. The twins waved back as we got closer.

I quietly walked past them all, but quickly stopped. Alright, I can do this, it's just a few simple words.

"Blackstar, I'm...sorry...about what happened yesterday."

I could tell he was smiling by his reply. "Don't worry about it! It was an awesome battle!"

Without looking back, I walked into the school, hearing the other's footsteps as they followed. Upon entering the classroom, Stein immediately looked over at us.

"Luna, Kid, Lord Death wants to see you both."

I tilted my head slightly. "Huh, wonder what he wants."

As the others took their seats, Kid, Liz, Patty, the twins and I all headed to the Death Room. Upon entering, we were greeted by Lord Death, like usual.

"Hiya, Luna! I have a mission for you!"

"A mission?"

He nodded. "Yes, I want you and Kid to take care of a strong kishin in a city to the west."

"But, sir, I can handle this myself. I don't need any help."

"I know, I'm pretty sure you're capable of doing this yourself. But since this is your first mission, I want you under supervision for this."

I sighed. "Alright, I understand."

"We'll get it done, father."

We turned and headed out, hearing Lord Death behind us shout, "Good luck, you two!"

We made our way to the mission board and looked for the mission. Kid soon pointed to one.

"Here it is."

We all read over it before leaving the academy. We were lucky to catch a train that headed to the west.

I sat with the twins on my sides while Kid sat across from us with his partners on his sides. I crossed my arms as I sat quietly, often glancing outside.

After sitting in silence for awhile, I noticed Kid was staring at me.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, I was just admiring your beautiful symmetry. You're also lucky to have such perfectly symmetrical weapon partners."

Liz rolled her eyes. "Not this again. Come on, Kid, you said it yourself, we're perfectly identical in weapon form."

Patty bust out laughing for some unknown reason. "Kid was looking at your body like a creep!"

"Be quiet, Patty!"

It was definitely amusing to watch Kid getting all flustered by Patty's comment. Drake nudged me and gave me a sly grin, causing me to simply roll my eyes at him.

Patty suddenly jumped up and pointed to the next car over. "Oooh I think they're selling snacks!"

We all looked toward the other car. She was right, someone is selling snacks. Patty ran in that direction with Liz chasing after her.

Drake stood up. "I am a little hungry. Come on, Drew, let's go get something."

Drew began to follow him, but looked back at me first. "Luna, you want anything?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

He shrugged and left with the others. I then realized that Kid was still in his seat as well. He smiled at me.

"So, the twins sure are something, huh?"

"Yeah, Drake can be a bit messy and annoying sometimes, but that's just who he is. Drew is much neater and calmer than his brother."

"They're pretty much opposites. They seem to really understand you though."

I nodded. "They do. I've known them for so long, and they've always been there for me. They're the only ones who truly know me for who I really am."

"I'd like to know you, if you'd let me in."

I looked at him in surprise only to see a gentle smile on his face. I averted my gaze and nervously rubbed my arm.

"I-I, um..."

I quickly stood and began walking away. I heard Kid's footsteps and felt his hand on my shoulder. I stopped and turned toward him.

"Please, Luna, don't shut me out. I want to know you, the real you. Please, just let me in."

"I...I...can't."

Right at that moment, the train went over a bump and jarred us around. Kid stumbled forward straight into me and we both went falling to the floor.

Kid's pov

I closed my eyes as I fell toward Luna. After hitting the floor, I hesitantly opened my eyes, only for them to go wide at the sight in front of me.

I felt my face heat up at the sight of Luna's breasts right in front of my eyes. Seeing them up close like this, I could tell they were perfectly symmetrical.

Hearing a groan come from Luna, I picked my face up away from her chest. When she opened her eyes, her face turned red as she looked up at me.

"I am so sorry, Luna. Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, just-"

"Well what do we have here?"

Luna's pov

We both snapped our heads in the direction of the voice to see our weapons starring at us.

Drake had a smirk on his face as he said, "Looks like someone's being a little naughty."

Kid quickly got off of me and waved his hands in front of him.

"It's not what it looks like! We just-"

I picked myself up as Liz stated, "If you wanted to be alone all you had to do was ask."

Kid quickly replied, "No, it's not like that!"

Patty laughed like a maniac while Kid simply sighed and back sat down, giving up on trying to convince them.

I took my seat again and was surprised when Drake tossed me a candy bar before him and the others sat down again.

Drake grinned at me after I caught the candy. "I know you said you didn't want anything, but I found your favorite candy bar."

"Thanks, Drake."

I unwrapped it and started eating. It took all day to get to the city, but late that night, we finally arrived.

Knowing this kishin was a strong one, we found a place to rest for the night. The next day, we started gathering information, and quickly found that this kishin only comes out at night.

We waited for nightfall before going out in search of this sneaky kishin. We now stood in a dark street. With our partners in weapon form, we were ready to hunt down and kill this kishin monster.

Kid looked at me and asked, "Alright, let's track this thing down."

I gave him a sly smirk. "Just try and keep up."

Using my claws, I jumped and climbed up a building and onto the roof. Looking down at Kid, he stared up at me in awe before making his way up here.

"Don't slow me down now, Kid."

I ran and jumped to the next roof, looking back to see Kid following. I continued running and jumping across roofs, occasionally looking back to make sure Kid was still behind me.

Kid's pov

This is strange. Just like during her battle with Blackstar, I'm not seeing any fear in her soul. The twins must not have been lying when they told us Luna's afraid of people.

But what I find the weirdest is her movements. She almost seems like some kind of animal hunting for its prey. And with each jump she makes, she lands on all fours before standing up straight and running again.

Does this have something to do with her fear of people? Maybe she's afraid of being judged, or perhaps there's more to it. I hope she'll soon understand that she can trust me.

She finally stopped at the edge of a roof, crouching down. I crouched beside her, looking at her in slight confusion.

"Why'd we stop?"

"The kishin is near, I can feel it."

"How? Can you see soul wavelengths?"

"No, but I have a great sixth sense."

Now I was a little suspicious of what she's hiding from everyone. How can she sense the kishin if she can't use soul perception?

This girl is just shrouded in mystery. I was brought out of my thoughts by a slight clanking sound.

I looked down in the street below to see what looked like an armored knight but with black smoke pouring out from the cracks in its armor. Looks like we found our kishin.

Luna's pov

I smirked upon seeing our target below us. It looks like a knight, slowly moving down the street. I crawled across the side of the roof, following above the knight.

As I got into position, I glanced back at Kid before jumping down right onto the knight. I tried clawing through the armor, but it was too thick.

The kishin threw me off. I landing on my feet as the armored creature approached me, unsheathing a large sword, ready to strike at any moment.

The kishin was suddenly pelted from behind by Kid's wavelength bullets. Seeming unfazed by the attack, the suit of armor turned toward Kid, who was still on the roof shooting down at the monster.

The knight readied its sword and threw it at Kid, who dodged and jumped down, rushing to my side. With the knight's sword lodged in the edge of the roof, I ran forward, trying to find a weak spot in its armor.

The armored kishin attempted to knock me away, but I quickly backflipped away from it. I looked over at Kid.

"I can't find a weakness in its armor."

"We need a plan."

As the knight began heading over to retrieve its sword, Kid shot at it again, causing it to turn back towards us. It instead grabbed a light pole, ripping it from the ground and throwing it at us.

I got in front of Kid and held out my hand, stopping the light pole with magic before it could hit us. I looked back at Kid with a slight smirk.

"We don't need a plan, we just need a little bit of magic."

Dropping the light pole, I picked up the knight and slammed it against the side of a building. Holding it in place with magic, I raised my other hand for what I was about to do.

Holding my hands close together in front of me, I proceeded to pull the armor right off the kishin. I growled to myself at how strong the armor was attached to the creature.

After a bit of pulling, I finally managed to rip the armor from the kishin's body, revealing a dark, humanoid creature shrouded in black smoke.

Dropping it to the ground, I yelled, "Now, Kid!"

Upon hearing my shout, he repeatedly shot at the dark creature until it was on its knees, too weak to move.

I casually approached it, stopping right in front of it. It looked up at me in evident fear as I glared down at it.

With a swift movement, I slashed my claws right through its neck, causing it to collapse. As its body disappeared, its red, kishin soul floated up in front of me.

I looked back at Kid who simply smiled at me and said, "Great job, Luna. The soul is yours."

I grabbed the soul and let it absorb into my gauntlet. "Good job, Drake, Drew. You two knew when I wanted to use magic, I didn't have to say anything to you."

As they changed back along with Liz and Patty, Drake grinned.

"Well, we've been with you so long we're starting to get a good sense of when you need our magic."

Kid came over to me and asked, "Do you want to contact my father and let him know our mission was successful?"

"Sure."

I went over to a glass window and breathed on it before writing Lord Death's number. 42-42-564. Good thing I can remember his number.

Lord Death's masked face soon appeared on the window. "Hey there, Luna, Kid! How goes the mission?!"

"It was a success, Lord Death. The kishin is no more."

"Very good! I knew I could count on you two! I'd like a full report when you get back!"

"Very well, father. We'll be back soon."

We proceeded to leave, catching a late train back to Death City. Liz, Patty, Drake, and Drew were already fast asleep. Seeing how late it is, I don't blame them.

Kid, who once again sat across from me, smiled. "My father will be very pleased. You're a great meister, Luna."

"Thanks."

"It'll probably be morning by the time we get there."

Right at that moment, a passenger with a dog walked past us. I watched the dog as it stopped and sniffed my leg.

It backed up and growled at me. Before I realized what I was doing, I growled back at the dog. When the dog whimpered and ran back to its master, I coughed to stop myself from growling.

When I looked up, Kid was giving me a weird look. "What was that?"

"N-Nothing. It was just...allergies?"

"Uh huh."

I nervously said, "Well, I'm going to get some shut eye. Don't want to stay up all night."

"Okay. Goodnight."

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. That was a close one, Kid probably thinks I'm a weirdo. Oh well, who cares.

Kid's pov

That was very strange. Was she actually growling at that dog? She quickly changed the subject and I didn't push it too much, I don't want to make her mad.

I quietly looked out the window at the dark sky. I hope I'm able to get Luna to open up. I don't want her to be afraid and keep to herself.

Good thing my father agreed to let me go with Luna on this mission. I think he knows about her fear and I think he's glad that I'm trying so hard to help her.

After all, this mission did help. I believe I've gotten a little closer to Luna and I've definitely learned more about her.

After thinking about the events of this mission, I laid my head back against the seat. Closing my eyes, I began dozing off just like the others, hoping to be back in Death City when I wake up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

964 42 21
This story is basically about a wolf witch named Luna who was challenged by the three best Meisters with their Weapons. Luna defeats them and asks to...
31.5K 769 22
My first time writing a Soul Eater (or any fanfic.) story so please be kind to me. :) You're a meisterless sythe weapon who finally decided to go...
9.4K 183 13
A new enemy is prowling around Death City, claiming victims. Even the closest of friends. From the same people with the same thoughts, Maka And Death...
24.2K 791 17
It was just another day in Death City. DWMA was up and about living life to the fullest. Maka's team was yet again assigned a special mission by no o...