The Ugly Dare

De imkindaofficial

《 A truth may embarrass you but a dare will put you to the test 》 Calista Winters, a big mouth, queen of pran... Mais

× 1 ×
× 2 ×
× 3 ×
× 4 ×
× 5 ×
× 6 ×
× 7 ×
× 8 ×
× 9 ×
× 10 ×
× 11 ×
× 13 ×
× 14 ×
× 15 ×
× 16 ×
× 17 ×
× 18 ×
× 19 ×
× 20 ×

× 12 ×

47 7 4
De imkindaofficial

Beep.

"She has been like this for a week."

Beep.

"My poor baby."

Beep.

"Don't worry she will wake up."

Beep.

"Hopefully."

Beeeeeeeep.

"HURRY GET THE DOCTOR!"

-♡-

I can hear, I can feel people touch me, but I can't open my eyes. I want to open my eyes but my body won't cooperate.

I hear the cries of my mom and Papaya. I want to speak and tell them I am alright. I want to hug them and make everything better. I need to wake up for my mom. I am the only family she has left. I need to wake up for Papaya. We are best friends and we can't live without each other.

I listen to Tyson speak to me while I'm like this. He comes everyday and tells me what I missed at school. He holds my hand like he is waiting for me the squeeze it. I want to squeeze his hand, I have tried many times.

Sometimes he begs me to wake up, he thinks it's his fault I am like this. Once I felt tears on my arm as he was talking to me. I wanted to scream out and say I could hear him, that I'm okay. But my mouth wouldn't move.

Westley, Jackson, and even Reggie came to visit me. But honestly I think Reggie is just here because he wants to get on Papaya's good side again. James came with Landon one day and he is just the cutest thing. I remember what he said like it was yesterday.

"May you please wake up. Ty Ty isn't fun now because you are still asleep. Everyone will be happy if you wake up, we all miss you."

I wanted to cry then, everyone is waiting for me to wake up and my body won't let me. I can't do this anymore, I need to wake up.

"Hey Calista, it's Tyson."

Is it after school already?

"Some interesting things happened at school today. Westley and Jackson got into a fight and were suspended. As you probably figured out they fought over Papaya. Oh and Westley won. They both have bruises all over though." He says.

Papaya needs to just choose one of them already.

"Betty tried to ask for my forgiveness and get me to take her back."

That girl can't take a hint.

"I refused and she threw a hissy fit. She said that she knew I liked her and all this other garbage."

Oh it's all garbage alright.

"But I realized something at that moment. I should have realized it sooner."

That she is a piece of trash?

"Calista I li-

Riiiingggg.

No. No. What was he going to say?

"Hello? James I am at the hospital. You were supposed to get him. Ok fine, I'll be there in a minute. Ok bye."

Darn you James.

"Sorry Calista I have to go pick up Landon. I will be back though. Don't miss me too much." He says chuckling.

No don't leave, it's boring here.

I hear the door close and I internally sigh. I wanted to know what he was going to say. It seemed important since he said my name. Darn James is always messing up things. I hope he brings Landon when he comes back. I love that kid so much and I don't usually like little kids.

I hear the door open again and I hear my mom's voice.

"Hey Honey. I hope you are alright, I miss you baby."

I feel her stroke my hair and her tears on my face. I want to wake up badly.

"The house is quiet without you there. Papaya and the gang miss you as well. When you wake up you will see multiple cards and balloons around you," she laughs at that, "I don't blame you for not waking up. I know that day is coming up and you probably just want it to pass by. I know you blame yourself for what happened but it's not your fault. You were only six, and I should have been there too. Gosh I am an awful mother for letting that happen. But you just wake up in your own time honey. I will be waiting for you when you do. I love you baby."

She kisses my forehead and I hear the door close again.

I hate myself so much right now. I am making everyone feel terrible and all because my stupid body won't move.

"Hey Cali."

Papaya?

"I hope you are doing alright. I wonder what you are thinking now. Or can you even think in a coma? Anyways if you haven't heard from Tyson already Westley and Jackson fought today. Can you believe it, they fought over me! I didn't even think Jackson liked me like that. I honestly don't know what to do. I like them all but I don't want to choose. I wish you were awake so you could slap some sense into me. You always give good advice. I don't know if you can hear me right now but I miss you Cali. I need my partner in crime back."

I hear her cry beside me and she takes my hand squeezing it. She cries a little longer until she does her daily routine. She turns on the tv to my favorite show and she explains everything that is happening on the screen. And this is why we are best friends.

After the show is over she talks to me for a little more and then says she'll be here tomorrow. I hear the door close for the third time today.

I feel so loved because everyone is actually visiting me and talking like I will answer them. I love all my friends.

"What's up Calista? It's Westley."

Yup I'm all for team Payley.

"You probably know the story already since I saw Papaya come out the hospital. I was going to try to talk to her but I decided against it. She really misses you, you know. She always has her phone in her hand just in case your mom calls to say you woke up. I just want her to be happy again. I mean I even miss you Calista. I miss your fights with Tyson and your smart remarks. I mean you're on my side right? Team Payley you said. I hope you wake up soon. Everyone really misses you especially Tyson. Well I hope you are alright in there, see you when you wake up."

He pats my shoulder and leaves the room. I am actually touched that Westley came to visit me by himself. When I get up I am definitely telling Papaya he is a keeper.

I hear the door open again and I wonder who that could be. Unless it's Jackson or Reggie. I doubt it though.

"I'm back sweetie, did you miss me?"

Yes, Yes I did.

"I would have brought Landon but he had to go home early. So family emergency."

Aww man.

"But I didn't get to finish what I was saying earlier."

No you didn't.

"Well when Betty told me that she knew I liked her I realized that I actually liked someone else."

Tyson likes somebody? Why does this make me feel angry? I kind of feel bad for the girl he is going to go after but at the same time...

Oh my goodness.

I want that girl to be me.

I have feeling for Tyson. Tyson Green at that? I must be going crazy in the brain. I hated his guts about two weeks ago. Now I like him? What is wrong with my emotions right now? Let me figure out who this girl is first.

"I definitely wouldn't be able to tell you this while you were awake. This girl is honestly really special and I would love to see her smile. This girl is a challenge and I like that a lot. She didn't fall at my feet, if anything I fell at her's."

This girl sounds great.

"It took her dying in my arms to realize that I like her."

Another girl died in his arms too!

"What I'm trying to say is. Calista I like you. I really do like you. I probably sound crazy right now and if you were awake you would say something smart back but I like you a lot. And I would love for you to wake up and say it back. But you can't even hear me." He says chuckling.

He takes my hands and he squeezes it.

This is my chance! Squeeze his hand, wake up!

"I'm sorry this happened to you Calista."

Wake up!

"I hope you wake up soon."

Squeeze his hand!

"Once you are better again, I will find ways to make you like me."

I do like you! Calista wake up!

"Well I will be back tomorrow like usual."

No! Come on squeeze his hand and wake up!

"Bye Sweetie."

I try to move my hand with all my might. He was about to let go of my hand when I squeezed it a tiny bit.

"Huh? I must be dreaming I thought you squeezed my hand."

I squeeze it a little harder.

"Wait you did. Squeeze again if you can hear me."

I squeeze it even harder.

"Calista you...you

Now wake up.

My eyes fly open and I can feel some of my body parts again. But most importantly I can talk.

"I like you too Green."

-♡-

Yay she woke up! Are you happy? I'm happy.

Quick question.

How did you guys find out about this book?

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

6.1K 124 44
[Collab with Hugs6] When the demigods of both camps decide to play matchmaking, they won't pair up the most easy... They are up to a challenge! Octac...
84.6K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
truth or dare De bianca-lee-rose

Ficção Adolescente

3.1K 24 21
Ash Cage the cocky new kid to Bainsbridge Secondary College Brooke Sharp the normal every day teenager who hates Ash's guts. What happens when these...
536 48 21
She's new in school and in town the captain of the football team has his eyes on her, but so does the badboy. Both are players, but are they playing...