Just Because of a Coffee Cup

By SomeoneFromHell

Melanie Carter is 26 years old. She had graduated from University 2 years ago and now she is working in a suc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14. part 1
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 14. part 2

4.6K 186 8
By SomeoneFromHell

Chapter 14

Part 2

I walked out of the bathroom shaking. I looked at Charlotte who was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"You were right." I stated. "I am pregnant." I said. "How did you know?" I asked.

"I saw the simptoms. One of my friends had the same." Charlotte replied.

"Oh my God. What should I do now? What if Alexander doesn't want kids? " I started to panick.

"Look, take my plane and go back to New York. Talk to Alex. May be at first he will be shocked but if he truly loves you he will accept it." Charlotte said.

"But what about the meeting? I have to be there. I promised Thomas I will be there." I said.

"No, you don't have to. You are not the CEO. Besides, I can tell them that your family had some problems and you had to leave, that you left late in the night." Charlotte said.

"But what if he will decline the contract because I'm not there?" I asked.

"He won't, trust me. Now, pack your things and go back home. We can survive without you." Charlotte said.

"Ok. Can you call the cab?" I asked.

"Yeah." Charlotte said and walked out of my bedroom.

I instantly took off my dress and put on a regular dress. I put everything I had with me back in the suitcase. I walked out of the suite and sat down on the couch.

"The cab will be here in 10 minutes." Charlotte said.

"Are you sure I can go back home? "I asked.

"Yes. Now, stop worrying. It's no good for the baby." She answered.

"What baby?" I heard David's voice. Damn it.

"Melanie's pregnant." Charlotte replied turning to face David.

"She is WHAT?!" David yelled. "Please tell me you are getting an abortion. You can't actually keep this baby. Brown will dump you as soon as he finds out your pregnant."

"She is not getting an abortion. Even if he will abandon her, I can help raise the kid." Charlotte said.

Later Charlotte helped me to get in the cab. She helped me get the suitcase.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"To the Los Angeles International airport." I answered.

I'm pregnant.

I can't believe I am pregnant. This baby can and will change my whole life. And what if Alex doesn't want kids? At least, not yet?

What will happen if I give birth to this baby? Will it be a boy or a girl? What if Alex will not want to deal with this baby? What if he will leave me or tell me that I cheated on him and that is not actually his baby? What if he will want me to make an abortion?

Soon we arrived at the airport and I made my way to Charlotte's private jet. Apparently Charlotte had already made a call to the pilot and the crew because they were all standing outside the jet.

"How are you feeling, Miss Carter?" The pilot asked

"I am a little bit stressed and shocked." I answered.

Gabriel instantly was next to my side and his right hand wrapped around my waist and the other hand took my left hand.

"I'll help you." He said and we started to climb up the small staircase to the jet.

I sat down on one of the chairs and closed my eyes. I tried to relax but too many thoughts were spinning in my head. And many of them were negative.

"We will depart as soon as we have the permission." I heard the pilot announce through the speakers.

"Hey!" I called out for the stuardess. She made her way towards me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Could you please give me a glass of water?" I asked.

"I will as soon as we are in the air." She said. I nodded and she returned to her seat.

In less than fifteen minutes we were in the air. The stuardess gave me the glass of water and I emptied it very fast. After that I fell asleep.

"Have you thought about some names?" I asked Alex.

"Yes, if it will be a boy then he could be Axel. If it will be a girl then - Melissa." He answered.

"I like the names." I said smiling.

I was in the ninth month. Sometime soon I will give birth to the baby I have been carrying inside me. Alex and I chose not to know the baby's gender until the birth.

Alex and I were standing in a line at the Supermarket. We had ran out of food and since I have to eat for two then we had to come and get some.

"Excuse me, miss!" Someone behind me called and poked me. I turned to face the person. It was an elderly woman.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I think your waters just broke." She said and in thr next second I felt terrible pain.

The next moment I was laying in a hospital bed. There were hundreds of people around me.

"Push!" The doctor between my legs shouted. I started to push the baby out. The pain was unbearable.

"Ok, the fifth one is out and it's a boy. Now take all the strenght to push the sixt out." Doctor said.

What? Sixth one? Why do I have six babies? I only want one. I don't need six babies. What am I gonna do with them? I don't have that much place for six babies.

"Miss Carter? Can you hear me? Push the sixt one out!" The doctor shouted.

"Miss Carter?" I heard a voice say. I was slowly passing out.

"Miss Carter?"

"Miss Carter? Are you alright?"

I opened my eyes and Gabriel was standind infront of me. Behind him was the pilot and the stuardess.

"Miss Carter?" Gabe spoke.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"We heard you scream." The stuardess said.

"Ummm... eerr... I... I had a bad dream." I said. "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yes. We landed 10 minutes ago." The pilot said.

"Oh. Ok. Thank you." I said and unbuckled my seat belt.

I walked out of the plane and the staff already gave me my suitcase. I walked to the exit. There were already some taxis standing and I took one of them.

At home I changed into some sweatpants and a T-shirt and made my way to the kitchen.

I need to eat something. I haven't eaten anything for a few hours. And it's very early morning. May be I should have a nap and then eat? My stomach growled signaling that I am hungry. Ok then, food it is.

I toka some kale, some cheese, chicken, beans, tomatoes and cucumbers. I made some very delicious salad. I sat at the table and started to eat.

After I was done with my salad, I decided to take a long, hot, relaxing bath. I opened the tap and let the bathtub get filled with hot water.

I made my hair into a messy bun and took off my clothes. And then I saw my reflection at the full-lenght mirror I had in my bathroom. My belly.

My belly. It wasn't that flat as it was a few weeks ago. Someone would think I have gained some weight. But my stomach got me thinking - if I don't have that flat stomach anymore, then how long have I actually been pregnant? What if it's already close to a month?

I put both of my palms on my belly. Inside there is a small baby. My baby. Alex' and mine. We have made a life together somehow.

Alex.

What will be his reaction when I tell him I am pregnant? Will he leave me? Tell me that I cheated on him and that it's not his baby? May be he will be happy. May be he will hug me and we will both sit down and start to think about the baby's names.

But what will happen if he abandons me? Will I keep the baby? There is a chance that if we break up and I decide to keep the baby, there's a chance that other males will say that they don't want to raise a child that's not their's

I hopped in the bathtub and closed my eyes.

The baby. If I keep the baby, it will change all my life. Completely. There will be a small human being that i have to take care of. And especially, if I will be a single mother, that can cause some problems.

I have work. Ok, thechnically, I have more money than I need right now and I can guarantee the baby a college. I can give him a good education and a good childhood. But...

... but the money can ran out at some point. And for it to not happen, I have to go to work. I have to earn the money.

And if I go to work, I have to leave the baby alone. Technically, I could hire some babysitter. But what if she could be like in the movies - she hates the kids and she is mean and a total bitch.

The baby can cause many problems. I am in the age when I have to start to think about a family. My family-to-be is inside my belly. But what will someone think when they will find out that I am single mother?

Oh God. Why did I have to get pregnant before I get married to the love of my life?

After what seemed like an hour, I washed my hair and body and climbed out of the bathtub. I blowdried my hair and put back on the sweatpants and the T-shirt. I decided to take a nap and I climbed in bed. Very soon I had fallen asleep.

When I woke up I heard rain. I opened my eye and saw that it was heavy raining and my window was like waterfall.

Ok, now I have to go and meet Alex. I have to tell him about the baby. He has to know.

I climbed out of the bed, put on some undergarments, black skinny jeans, a tank top, covered by a leather jacket. I hopped in my Converse sneakers and I was ready.

I got a cab and durning 30 minutes, I was at Alex' building. I payed for the ride and hopped out of the cab.

I walked inside the elevator and pressed the floor to the penthouse. The elevator door opened and I walked over to the door and pressed the door bell.

I was somehow smiling. I was really hoping that Alex would accept that he is going to be a father and that we can be together forever.

The door opened and I was about to jump on him and kiss him with so much passion and happines but I stopped before I even moved because the view.

A girl, with blond hair and only very transparent underwear was standing in front of me.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked in the bitchiest accent I had ever heard.

"I am here to see Alex." I spoke. The words that came out of my mouth were so weak. I was in shock.

"Babe! There is some bitch at the door who wants to see you." The girl shouted.

"If that's Brittney, tell her to come later around 5PM. I will fuck her then!"

"Brittney, as you already heard, come here by 5PM. Alex will be ready to fuck you then." She said.

My heart just shattered in million tiny pieces. He is sleeping with other girls.

The next moment I heard a loud moan in the name of "Alex".

"I'm not Brittney. I'm Melanie." I said with closed eyes after a moment. I was trying real hard to not let tears out.

"Babe! She says she's not Brittney! She says her name's Melanie. Who the hell is this bitch?" The blond girl shouted again.

The next moment I heard something break. "Get the fuck out of my apartment, Lily!" I heard Alex shout.

The next moment there was a girl in only underwear making a run for her life. She ran past me right into the elevator.

"Get out you too, Jenny!" Alex said full with rage.

The girl picked up a dress from the floor and walked out of the apartment. I stepped inside the apartment.

"What are you doing here?" Alex spoke.

"I came to see you. Can you do me a favor and answer one of my questions?" I asked barely

"Ok. What do you want to know?" He asked.

"How long have you been sleeping with girls behind my back?" I asked.

"I had stopped for about two weeks when we started dating. I thought that we will have regular sex and that I could just deal with you, bet when you said 'no' all the time it didn't take me a long time to find a girl to sleep with. And when we started to do it I was just happy that I can have sex more." Alex answered.

And then I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I turned to face Alex.

"Was anything even real for you?" I asked.

"Are you seriously asking me this? I should ask you the same question. You have been spying on Dorian's future plans for months." Alex said.

How the hell did he know about it?!

"Yeah, you need to be more carefull when you talk to Charlotte when I am just right behind your door." 

"Just answer the damn question!" I yelled.

"No. Nothing was real for me. The truth why I actually started to "date" you was because Dorian asked me to do it. He said that since you are working for Haulden Inc. that means that I can get some future plans from you. And you know what? I actually got everything I needed. Besides, you were doing the same thing. Only you stopped once you fell completely for me. I continued that even later.

The only thing I didn't like is that this "relationship" lasted this long. I don't even love you!" Alexander said.

"You don't say "I love you!" to a girl if you don't even mean it! I bet you don't even know what "love" means!" I yelled.

"Oh, trust me, I know what love means. Besides, how else was I supposed to keep this relationship last this long." Alex said.

"Good, then I wish you this - when you will leave all the player life and start to think about a family, I wish you all the possible bad things that could ever be!" I said.

I run past him, straight to the elevator. I couldn't control the tears anymore. I let them fall.

I walked outside the building and took a cab. I told the driver the adress and then closed my eyes.

I heard my phone start to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Melanie!" I heard my mother's voice. It sounded like she is crying.

"Hey, mom. How are you?" I asked.

"Oh, honey. I have very bad news." She said.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Your father. He died in the night. His heart just stopped." Mom said.

I payed for the drive and got out of the cab. I walked inside the building. I pressed the elevator button. I walked over to the door and pressed the door bell. The door opened.

"My father has died during the night, I am pregnant and Alex revealed that he hasn't loved me. It was all just a game for him to get some info for Hauled Inc.'s plans. And right now I just need someone to talk to." I said through sobs.

Cassandra came out of her apartment and hugged me. I started to sob even more.

"Sshhh... I'm here for you. It's gonna be alright." She said in a calm tone.

#########################

The next chapter is ready!
Hope, you guys, like it.

Vote and comment! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38.6K 39
"Get in." A deep voice inside the car said. That made me back away even more. I was not about to get in a car with a total stranger. "Listen, I don'...
50.3K 2K 26
"You're beautiful Elise" "Zach, please..." I smiled when she called me Zach. It was always Zachary or Mr. Walton and when she called me Zach I... "Za...
461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
863K 29.7K 37
What happens when your feelings and thoughts don't agree? You feel like there's a battle happening inside you. Your heart tells you what you really w...