A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
6-Mission With Kid
7-Training And Hanging Out
8-New Power, New Home
9-One Thing After Another
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
15-Battle With The Wolf Witch
16-Sleepover
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
24-Arctic Mission Part 1
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

2-Checking Out The City

1.8K 64 9
By May5696

I walked down the streets of Death City with Drake and Drew following. After a bit of searching, we found a nice place to rent while in the city.

It was a simple house, a living room and kitchen on the main floor and upstairs were two bedrooms and a bathroom.

I looked around in each room before giving a satisfied nod.

"I suppose this will do."

I sat on the couch in the living room with the twins. Drew looked at me.

"So, are we going to attend the DWMA? Whatever you decide is fine, Luna."

Drake quickly sat himself up.

"Speak for yourself, I want to go! Come on, Lulu, you've done a good job of controlling yourself lately. It should be fine, right?"

I looked at the expressions on their faces. I could tell they were both eager to attend.

"I'm still not sure."

Drake smirked. "You know, the DWMA's job is to hunt down kishin and witches. This might be your best opportunity to find her."

My eyes widened and a low growl erupted from my throat. As much as I hate to admit it, Drake's got a point.

I coughed to stop myself from growling. "Alright then, I guess we could enroll."

Drake jumped up from the couch, cheering and fist pumping.

Drew placed a hand on my shoulder and I turned to meet his gaze.

"You sure, Luna?"

I nodded and loudly said, "BUT!"

Drake stopped and looked at me questionably.

"But, we're not going to tell Lord Death just yet. First, we need to make sure we can afford to stay. Second, I want to check out the city after dark and see what this place has to offer."

Drake nodded. "Fair enough."

"Okay, tonight, we're checking out the city."

After that being said, I headed up to my room. The twins get to share the other bedroom while I get one all to myself.

I started organizing my room the way I like. I prefer to keep my things clean and organized. Drew can keep things pretty tidy, but Drake on the other hand is a whole different story.

Feeling my stomach growl, I headed downstairs to see Drake on the couch. When he saw me, he grinned.

"Hey, Lulu. I just ordered a pizza, I'm getting pretty hungry."

"Me too. Where's Drew?"

"Upstairs tidying our room."

Without saying another word, I turned on the TV. Drew soon came down and joined us.

After a little more waiting, the pizza arrived. We talked as we ate and watched TV.

"If we're going to be staying here in Death City, we need to find a way to make some money."

The twins both looked at me and nodded in agreement. After eating and watching a few shows, I noticed it was after 8 and completely dark outside.

I got up from my seat on the couch, turned off the TV, and held my hands out. The twins both got up and changed form, slipping onto my hands.

I quietly left the house, locking the door before going down an empty alley. I climbed up the jagged bricks with ease using my claws.

Now standing on a roof, I scanned the streets below for any signs of people. Not seeing a single soul, I ran and jumped to another roof.

At least even in a city like this I can freely do what I want under the cover of darkness. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong anyway. I'm only checking out the place and having a little fun.

I continued running and jumping from roof to roof, landing on all fours before standing up straight again.

I finally stopped on one roof, crouching and looking down at some kind of club below that was open. I clanked my claws against the roof as I watched people going in and out.

I wouldn't think that some nightclub would be so popular. There were even younger people going in, what kind of club is this?

That's when, with my heightened senses, I heard something behind me. I turned to see a purple cat with a hat on.

She had a confused look on her face as she stared at me. Then, unexpectedly, she spoke.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you."

I tilted my head. "You can talk?"

She nodded. "Yep. My name's Blair. Blair the cat."

"Luna."

"Are you human?"

"Yes."

"But you can take another form, right?"

My eyes widen. "How'd you...?"

She giggled. "I can sense a bit of an animal side to you."

"I don't choose to though. Blair, can you promise not to tell anyone?"

She tilted her head. "I don't know why, but sure."

"Thanks."

I looked back at the club below. I heard Blair start walking away.

"We'll, I'm off to the Chupa Cabra. See ya around."

I then heard Drake mumble, "That was a strange cat."

I jumped down onto the street and approached the club. I immediately stopped, catching the scent of something other than human.

Drew asked, "Something wrong, Luna?"

"I smell a magic user...somewhere in this club."

I heard them both mumble, "A witch?"

I sniffed the air again.

"No. More like a necromancer, possibly a sorcerer."

I hesitantly went inside. There were flashing lights everywhere as people danced, drank, and played games like pool.

I looked around, trying to pinpoint where the scent was leading. I then noticed a small staircase that led into a dimly lit hall.

I walked over to the bar, clanking my claws on the table, waiting for the bartender to notice me.

A young man came over to me while I stood there.

"Hey there, cutie. Wanna dance or maybe play some pool?"

I could smell the alcohol in his breath, it made me sick. I ignored him and continued waiting.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him reaching toward my butt. I quickly grabbed his wrist and dug my claws into his skin.

He let out a small yelp as a bit of blood seeped out of his wrist. I looked him straight in the eye.

"These claws aren't just for show, try touching me again and I'll show you how well they work."

With that, I let him go, watching as he quickly got away from me. I could practically hear the smirk in Drake's voice.

"Way to go, Lulu. Still as feisty as ever."

Suddenly, the bartender approached me. "How can I help you, miss?"

I pointed my thumb toward the hall and asked, "Where does that go?"

He glanced at the hall before replying.

"That leads to the underground arena. It's where talented meisters can battle against monsters for prize money. It's our star attraction and anyone can enter. We even have a necromancer that summons the monsters for the battles. But be warned, it can be dangerous."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind."

I quietly left the bar and headed down the stairs and hall.

"Well boys, I think I just found where we'll earn our money."

"Are you sure about this, Luna? The bartender said it was dangerous."

I smirked. "Don't worry, Drew. I'll be fine. You know I love a good battle. Besides, earning money for something so simple is way too tempting."

Drake laughed. "This is going to be fun."

I went down more stairs before coming to a huge room. In the center there was a meister with a sword fighting some kind of big, cat looking monster.

They were inside a giant arena of chain like netting, cutting them off from the audience. All around the room were seats filled with cheering fans.

I watched as the meister managed to defeat the monster, but just barely. He looked worn out as he exited the arena.

I walked over to the announcer who stood with a woman. She's the necromancer, I sense it.

The man noticed me and said, "Hello, are you here to fight?"

"I am."

"What's your stage name?"

I thought a moment before answering. "The Silver Wolf."

"Very well. If you want to go next then go ahead and enter the arena."

I nodded and made my way inside the netting. The announcer began speaking to the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a newcomer today! Please welcome, The Silver Wolf! Let's wish her luck as she begins her first arena battle!"

The crowds cheered like crazy for me. Feeling everyone's eyes on me, I ignored the nervous feeling inside. I can do this, it'll be easy.

I noticed the announcer nod to the necromancer. She held out her hands as a glowing ring appeared on the ground in front of me. I got into a battle stance, holding my clawed hands up, ready to fight.

From the ring, a large bull-like monster emerged. It snorted before charging straight at me.

I quickly rolled out of the way and watched it bump into the side of the arena before turning toward me again.

As it rushed toward me again, I dodged and scratched at its side as it went by. It wasn't even phased by my attack as it charged at me again.

Once again, I jumped out of the way and scratched at the same spot again, hoping to make a dent in its thick hide.

"Guys, I could use a hand here! Help me find its weakness!"

Drake and Drew said in unison, "Already on it!"

I dodged the monster again and that's when Drew had an answer.

"Its stomach, go for its stomach!"

"Alright, time for a little magic."

I could feel the magic emanating from the gauntlets, signaling that Drake and Drew knew what I was getting at.

I stood my ground as the monster rushed toward me. As it got close enough, I reached out and grabbed its horns, stopping it in its tracks.

I could hear the audience gasp, causing a smirk to form on my lips. The monster pushed against me and I pushed right back. This just became a battle of strength.

We pushed against each other, waiting for the other to slip up. The bull finally reared its front legs to try and gain the upper hand, but that was a mistake.

As soon as its front legs left the ground, I twisted its horns to the side, flipping the creature onto its back.

I quickly jumped on it and slashed away at its stomach until it completely stopped moving. I got up and watched as the soulless beast's body disappeared.

The silent room erupted in applause as everyone cheered for me.

"What an amazing battle! Give it up for The Silver Wolf!"

I waved to the crowds of people before leaving the arena. I was awarded a great deal of money for my battle.

As I left the club, the twins couldn't get over how great my battle was. Looks like I found our source of income. I guess we'll be staying in Death City after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 183 13
A new enemy is prowling around Death City, claiming victims. Even the closest of friends. From the same people with the same thoughts, Maka And Death...
10.4K 737 55
Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after they found out she was a weapon and was 'd...
774 3 21
Hey everyone!!!! I haven't forgotten about my OP story at all!!!!! I have been thinking of what to post next, but nothing has been coming to me at al...
24.2K 791 17
It was just another day in Death City. DWMA was up and about living life to the fullest. Maka's team was yet again assigned a special mission by no o...