This Is Gospel (HIATUS/rewrit...

Rydooper tarafından

Mutation occurs in every species. Something that happens in nature. Most of the time, mutation occurs to help... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
authors note to be replaced one day

Chapter Three

41 1 4
Rydooper tarafından

---------------
Chapter Three
---------------

"Welcome to base." Xavier said, gesturing to a large white building, with multiple areas. It was apparently a government facility, that they were lending to the pair to try and defeat some guy named Shaw who was trying to start World War 3.

Brilliant. At least we're on track.

"Are we the only ones?" Chloe asked, now with her wings retracted and her jacket back on. Xavier glanced over at her, smirking.
"No, you're not." I wonder what they can do, "Follow me."

He took the lead, followed by Fran, then Chloe, then me and, finally, Grouchy. Through a large entrance hall, where lots of armed men stood. Xavier stayed calm, as did Fran, while Chloe and I tensed. I think even Grouchy was nervous around them - or, at least, on edge.

Understandable.

Next, Xavier took us through a side door and through a small corridor, into a lounge-like room. On the right, there was a large window, showing a grassy outside and a large stature of some guy in the centre. On the left, there was an area similar to a kitchen, with lots and lots of bottles. In front of it, there was a table and some chairs. On one of the four sofa's, there sat a blonde woman, next to a brown haired guy - both facing away from us. On the sofa facing us, there sat a dark-skinned woman with dark hair, who stared at us, curiosity showing, and a black man with short hair, smiled. On two single chairs, there sat two guys. One was closer, with combed blonde hair and a typical bad-boy attitude surrounding him. The other was further away, with a mop of light brown hair and sat sloppily, one foot up on the chair.

As we entered, the door slammed shut behind us, giving away our entrance. Rushing over, the blonde woman jumped up, hugging Xavier tightly.

Relatives or romantics?

"Hey, Raven." He said, awkwardly hugging her, and when she stopped, began to speak again, "Everyone, these are Francesca, Chloe and Ryder."
"Just Fran is fine." She added, surprising them with her British accent. Wait until they hear me speak too.

"Well then, I'll leave you all to get introduced. Erik." He called over to his (probably) German friend, who nodded in response, and they left.

Brilliant. Room full of strangers. Bar Chloe and Fran. But still.

"Hey, my name's Raven and I'm Charles's adopted sister." The blonde woman introduced herself. Ok, so not romantics.
"Hank McCoy."
"Angel Salvadore." The dark haired woman added.
"Darwin."
"Sean." - curly hair.
"Alex." - probably been to prison guy.

"Well, you're among friends now." Raven smiled innocently.

Nice.

---

"We should think of code names." Raven suddenly perked up, out of no where. Glancing at Fran and Chloe, who sat on the last sofa, I mouthed "What the fuck." to them. The only response was a shrug.

"We're government agents now, we should have code names. I wanna be called Mystique." Well, shit.
"Damn, I wanted to be called Mystique." Sean groaned, unimpressed with this, and a shared laugh shuddered through the room. Mystique is too feminine for him to be taken seriously.
"Well tough. I called it." Blue scales rippled over Raven and now she looked like Sean, except in Raven's seat. Wow. That was sudden, unexpected and incredible to watch.
"And I am way more mysterious than you." Raven spoke in Sean's voice. What the fuck. Again.

Clapping echoed and I joined in rather willingly, as Raven turned back into herself.
"Darwin, what about you?" She prompted him.
"Well, Darwin's already a nickname," Is it?, "And, you know, sorta fits. Adapt to survive and all."

He stood, calling out, "Check this out," as he did, and strutted confidently over to the fish tank, which sat unnoticed, behind the sofa. Placing both hands onto the sides of the tank, he pushed his face underwater and it shifted as he did, growing three pairs of gills, that moved as he shifted his face.

Nice.

Que applause and laughs. Throwing his head back, Darwin shook off the water, thanking his audience as he did.

"Hey," He pointed at Sean, "What about you?"
Shawn leant forward, interlocking his fingers to look professional and spoke solemnly, "I'm going to be... Banshee."
"Why would you wanna be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank and Fran asked, somehow in sync. They glanced at each momentarily, then turned back to Shawn.
"You might wanna cover your ears." He answered, pushing himself off his seat. Angel covered her ears first, then Hank, then Chloe, then Raven, Darwin, Alex, Fran and me.

Shawn crouched down, in front of the coffee table, and breathed in, staring intensely at three coke glasses. He paused, glanced around, with a smirk on his face, and breathed out, a high pitched gust of air shooting out, hitting the window. The glass cracked, splintering and falling to the ground.

My god. How do people even mutate like this?

"Your turn." He pointed at Angel, who grinned, standing up and removing her jacket.

Oh.

"Well, my, uh, stage name is Angel. And it kinda fits." She commented, as a pair of spindly dragonfly-like wings pulled off her skin, from her tattoos.
"You can fly?" Raven and Chloe exclaimed, in sync.
"Uh huh." Angel agreed, then turned, "And, um." She spat, a miniature fiery ball shooting out, hitting the statue on its head, setting it alight.

Que. amazed laughter from all of us.

"What's your name?" Angel asked Fran, who shrugged.
"I dunno."
"Well, what can you do?" Sean added.
"I'm not volunteering to show, before you even ask, okay?" I gave Fran a deadpan stare and she frowned defensively.

"I can, uh, heal people. I don't know to what length." Everyone seemed to grin a bit at that.
"How about... Phoenix? They can heal themselves, so why not." Fran nodded in agreement with Alex.
"Nice one. What about you, Ryder?" Raven, you frickity frackity bollocks stick. Now I have to practically blow the place up.

"It's best not to. I mean, this place, uh - it's lot a of electricity and -"
"Oh, go on!" Angel encouraged me, followed by the others and I nearly swore. Bloody peer pressure.
"Fine. But don't blame me when you can't see." I moaned, getting up and finding the lightbulb furtherest away from the group. That seemed to gain their interest.

Rolling my eyes, I reached up and poked it, closing my eyes and flinching. Once more, it blew up, shattering into lots of pieces and shorting out the rest of the room.

At least it wasn't all the lights.

A series of wow's and nice's rang out and I smirked a little, then sat back in my chair.
"What would you call yourself then?" Someone asked and I shrugged, unsure as to how to respond.
"Terravolt was what I was gonna go with, but I'm not sure."

"Sounds like a pretty awesome name to me." Fran smirked and I stared for a moment, wondering what she was up to.

"Anyway, Chloe. Care to share?" I volunteered her.
"This is payback for back at the house, isn't it?" Nodding, I watched as she stood, removing her jacket, "Angel's not the only one with wings."

With that (and a cracking sound), out popped her five-foot long, black, razor sharp wings once more, almost touching the walls with how long they were.
"Oh wow, Chloe. That was my face." A confused Fran spoke up, from behind the feathers.

Meanwhile, the others were clapping and Chloe smiled awkwardly, then retracted them.
"Can you fly too?" Raven asked.
"I think so."
"What about a name? I mean, we all have them - you need one too." Darwin commented, a small smile upon his face as he took a drink from the glass bottle in his hand.
"I was thinking, maybe, uh, Fallen?" It seemed more like a question than a statement, "Because of, ya know, the black colour."
Raven nodded approvingly, smiling up at Chloe, who blushed, taking back her seat on the couch.

"What's your name then?" Angel questioned Hank and Alex snorted.
"How 'bout big foot?" He suggested, smirking as he sipped his coke.
"Well, you know what they say about guys with big feet." Raven smirked, "And, uh, yours are kinda small."

"Ooh, shit. Shot's have been fired." I smirked widely, only to gain a few weird looks. Calming down, I nodded to myself, taking another sip of my coca cola instead.

Ah, subtly insulting men's dick length. Gotta love it.

"Alex, what is your thing, what can you do?" Darwin interrupts, before a full blown argument can ensure. The man in question shakes his head, staring blankly at the floor.
"It's really not a good idea." Everyone encouraged him to show his powers and he sighed, standing up slowly. Wandering over to the window, Alex cautiously stepped over the shattered glass and stood in a corner, staring intensely at the statue in the middle of the grass.

Oh. He's gonna break it somehow.

Following the others, I poked my head out from behind Fran. It probably looked quite comical, with everyone being nosy in some form of conga line.

"I said, get back!" Alex called out, before sighing, "Whatever."

Rubbing his hands together, he did some weird twirly thing with his waist, summoning three bright red circular things. Two flew off in random directions and the last flew straight through the statue, slicing his upper half off.

What the fuck was that?

Where did that come from?

----

A/N: just edited this (28/6/16) and turns out Angel's real name is Angel?? like its her stage name and her real name.

what the fuck

also why the fuck did i write in gaelic it may be my roots but goddamn this obsession needs to chill

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

105K 9.3K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
96.2K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
78.7K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC