Hot Lap! (Pause Spin-Off, Com...

By CJ_Adler

"Racing because football, baseball, bowling and golf only require one ball." ~ Anonymous ... More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14::
Sequel Is Out!!!
Pause's Time to Shine
ALL QUESTIONS ON PAUSE FINALLY ANSWERED!!!!!
NB!!! Final Message before Launch!!!
We're live!

Epilogue

15.9K 1.3K 781
By CJ_Adler

Epilogue

Three Years Later:

"I mean, of course it's exciting." I admit, "He's been gone for three years. It would be amazing to see him again. He's practically a racing celebrity now. He's made headlines all over the place. He's helped build homes in Third World countries. He's explored and ventured to places we can only dream of. He's literally done it all. The world knows his name. He's left his mark."

It hasn't been all too pleasant without him.

"I have to say, I actually miss the idiot." Xavier confesses, his hand in mine as we walk aimlessly down the streets together.

Xavier would miss JT. His hatred for him was nothing but staged. He liked the guy. Grey, on the other hand, is chipper and over the moon upon hearing that JT is about to make a return - a comeback into town.

"He's improved so much in racing (not that there was much room for improvement), I bet he'd easily beat you now. You wouldn't stand a chance, not even a challenge." I tease, wanting to see the outcome of Xav's reaction.

"I don't even race anymore." Xavier reminds me, "We both kind of drifted from that when we started dating. We gave it up."

We both outgrew it. Racing was a hobby for us, not an escape. JT's escape is racing, hence why he still does it. It's different circumstances for each individual. I don't think Jay is the type to ever stop racing.

"I only raced for the thrill. I raced to feel free, on edge and alive." I inform Xavier, "The speed was exhilarating, but being with you is even more exhilarating. I guess I don't need or rely on that feeling anymore because I have you instead."

"Same here." Xavier agrees with a real smile, "With you, the feeling lasts."

At the end of a race, the feeling of adrenaline and excitement dies. With Xavier, everything thrives. I don't need racing to fulfill the emptiness anymore. Xavier has taken up enough space inside my heart to fill the gap. I love racing, but I love Xavier more.

I glance up at him, beaming from ear to ear, before briefly pecking his lips.

I can't wait to see Jay. He'll be back in a few weeks time. I need to thank him for encouraging me to take a chance on Xavier. It was the best decision I ever made.

"You're cheesy." I state in a matter of fact way as I swing our hands back and forth with each step taken, "Before you asked me out, I wouldn't have pegged you to be a hopeless romantic at heart."

"You want me to show you just how unromantic I can be?" Xavier suddenly smirks as if an idea had just occurred to him.

"That depends, is this going to be dirty?" I question, hesitant to hear what he has to say.

Xavier is, hands down, the romantic in our relationship. I never expected it, but it's the case at hand. He's a gushy sap.

He suddenly stops walking, causing a disruption right in the middle of the streets. Before I can say or do anything, he takes my hand in his. He then proceeds by going down on one knee. 

Shocked, I freeze.

He glances up at me with hope in his dark eyes, his expression a veil - not revealing anything. "I love you, so marry me Emma." He proposes, not even bothering to ask me, but rather command me to do so. Typical Xavier Thorman style. He likes to go out with a bang.

People passing by stop to take us in, their curiosity spiked by the scene. Some even take snapshots as they wait in anticipation for my answer.

I see the sincerity floating behind his eyes and in spite of him not having a ring yet, in spite of this being on impulse, in spite of this not being romantic at all, I can't help but nod down at him because it just feels so right, "Yes!" I shout out in glee, the people watching breaking out into claps. "Live with no regrets. I'd be more than glad to spend forever with you." I breathe out, stunned. He'd caught me off guard on this one for sure. "So yes." I conclude, just to make sure he'd heard me loud and clear.

A breath taking smile forms on his lips. He stands up and takes me into his arms, lifting me up off the ground as he embraces me tightly.

Feeling elated, I laugh and return his affection.

I guess this means we're officially engaged.

I send a photo to Lan and it's seconds later when he calls me. "What's this?" He questions happily, "You two lovebirds tying the knot?"

I guess you could say that Landon has warmed up to the idea of Xavier and me. He's still not Xavier's biggest fan, but they get along - in other words, tolerate - for the most part.

Xavier grabs the phone from me before shouting into it, "Yeah and we're probably going to marry in Vegas!"

Xavier can afford for us to get married anywhere and at anytime.

"No!" I hear Landon protest, "Emma deserves something more romantic than Vegas." He insists, the two of them arguing - just like old times. "And how come you didn't first ask for my blessing before proposing to my sister?! You don't have my blessing!" Landon concludes stubbornly, "You'll never have it."

I don't mind Vegas. I don't really care where we get married, so long as we do. It saddens me to think that my dad won't be here to see the wedding. I would have have loved it if he were still with us to walk me down the aisle. However, I have Landon and he's more than enough. He fits the role of not only my brother, but my parents too. Landon's the absolute best - when he wants to be, that is. He's pretty tough with Xavier.

"We're getting married in Vegas you bloody twat, whether you like it or not!" Xavier argues, "So you can either shut up and get on board, or you can be a loser and not attend! I swear 'Ruthless', I will uninvite you! I will rip you from the family list and add you to the guest list. To think I was going to ask you to be my best man!"

Xavier has no other friends. It's like he chooses not to get too close to anyone; I'm fortunate he made me his exception.

I roll my eyes at the two of them before skipping away joyfully. Even their fighting is not enough to dampen my mood. I'm too jovial to even care to put a stop to it.

I'm engaged!

As for Landon and Sarah, they're still together. Sarah moved in with him. They're very happy together. I'm not surprised. I called this happening. They're predictable, in the good sense, when together. It won't be long now before they get engaged too.

The time has just come and gone. I mean, just six years ago, I met Xavier for the first time. I despised him all the while, now I'm marrying the dipsh*t.

Xavier eventually catches up, walking in my stride as he turns to me with a weary look to his eyes, "So the rumor mill has it -"

"Grey?" I question, taking a guess as I cut him off. Grey has to be this so called rumor mill. He's the only one from us with contacts in high places. He keeps that part of his life on the down low - but still, it's him. It has to be.

Xavier nods to clarify, "Yes." He then adds, "I feel like Taylor Swift right now." He grins teasingly, referring to the fact that he'd been interrupted.

"Sorry." I apologize, "What were you saying?" I encourage him to proceed on.

"So JT is going to be back in say, two weeks tops." Xavier starts to explain, "So my question is, what is he going to do when he comes home to find that thee one and only - Aqueela Lawson - is back in town?"

She's coming back.

In the end, she returned home.

*~*

Hey all :D

So this book is officially finished.

This story has been entered into the #Wattys2015 for the #JustWriteIt award, please support through voting etc. Thanks a lot! :D  

October is not too far away now - the sequel to 'His Bubblegum Klutz' will be released soon. Still working on a few things. Thanks for understanding. Hopefully this story kept you all busy for the most part of the wait.

Thanks again for everything! :D Truly grateful and appreciative!

Officially signing out of this story for good, catch me in one of my others ;)

Take care Xx

~CJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1.3K 29
"To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life, as Eve felt the joy of life. To se...
325 29 8
Just like to add a little disclaimer. โš ๏ธNothing in this is real of course. But even the myths of the 'devil' have been messed around. So please don'...
96.2K 3K 49
"๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™„ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™›๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ, ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก๐™›๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™..." A lift to school was all you needed, in his be...
2.7K 116 48
Emma Bella , who is the most famous celebrity around the world. And she is a biggest Heartthrob and reddest Red Flag that everyone wants. When Emma n...