||Say yes...please?|| {Unedit...

By _autumngirl_

"Will you go on a date with me?" He asked "NO" that was all she said "Will you go on a date with me?" He aske... More

Say yes...please?
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Author's Note.
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
News Flash.
H.F.D
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Au Revoir.

Chapter Seven

679 52 25
By _autumngirl_

Hello!

Lovely Readers..

**************

"She is Something"

"I love the way she smile, because it remind me of all the beautiful things God has made"

Derek's P.O.V

"If its not important then I am going to hang up on you," I said to Dean.

"Hello to you too..." Dean said with a cheerful mood.

"You sound...happy?" I questioned while doing my paper work which was scattered on my desk.

After working vigorously since the past 12 hours, I was completely exhausted and still had so much to do. My gaze fell on the papers and I sighed heavily.

"I am in no mood to talk to Dean. There's so much work on my desk right now."

"Well, okay dude. I'll make it quick. I want something in return of my favour..." Dean started in a confident tone but trailed off later.

"What favour?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion while putting the call on speaker and placing my phone on my desk.

"You forget so soon? I am talking about getting you the best 5th year associate." He said with admiration and contentment lacing his tone

"Oh! That certainly slips out of my head, considering when you should've handled my case." I said emphasising on you in the sentence.

"Stop whining." He said laughing.

I rolled my eyes.

"BTW, I want your...umm...your private jet," Dean stated.

"And why would I give that to you? You didn't even handle my case." I said smirking.
I was going to give him my jet, undoubtedly but I love messing with him, after all he is my Buddy.

"You better give me what I'm asking for, because Iris got every thing she needed for the settlement. Consider that you already won this case." Dean said, becoming a little serious.

"And beside I want that for my honeymoon." Dean continued.

"Then, in that case don't you think she is the one I owe something to, not you..." I stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"And what? You are planning your honeymoon on my private jet..?"I asked teasingly.

He sighed heavily, "Handle the formalities, dude. I am not taking no for an answer. I'll text you the details."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. "BTW what about the case? I mean seriously, this is out of the picture. Enlighten me about the progress, please." I demanded.

"Ah yes! As I have already told you and I repeat myself that I've brought the best one for you and she has everything such that the settlement would be in our favour. So, for now your so-called secretary can't go for the trial to the court. The papers Iris has prepared for the settlement has a clause that states that if she goes to any outside body after this settlement, she'd be sued by your attorney and would be subjected to heavy fine."

"Oh! Thank God." I sighed and layed back comfortably in my chair.

"Alright, and don't forget to make the arrangements of the flight." Dean said and then quickly hung up.

I smiled.

Thank God. Finally, I can feel the tension fading away and the burden on my chest being lightened. After almost a month, after her stupid accusation, I was sleep deprived. I couldn't think straight. It might sound stupid but the society where I live, a single news headline can change the course of my whole career. And I don't want to lose everything I have. I don't want to be the reason for the downfall of a whole empire my father had built. And most of all, if this thing gets to my Dad's, I would be so...dead.

All my happiness flew out of the window once my gaze landed on the huge pile of paperwork kept on my desk.

Argh. Yes, now this work, too. I thought.

♥★♥

"Do you wanna lose?"
Suddenly a voice hollered into my office.

I looked up at the familiar voice and found my heart beating frantically. I was astounded by her sudden outburst. Honestly, I got out of my trance once I saw her.

"Who let you in?" I asked still confused.

"I am your lawyer. I don't need any permission. Besides, there is no one at the table outside. You better find yourself a new secretary who won't accuse you of harassment." She stated, smirking.

Well, I must say, this girl has certain charm that one can't resist despite of her so blunt attitude. I find something in her that my heart feels so strong about. That's the thing, I want to know. I want to find out that thing which pulls me to her like a gravitational pull so hard and irresistible.

"Oh really?" I asked impressed by her answer.

"I need to just ask a few questions before going for the settlement." I rolled my eyes on her reply.

Dean had already informed me about the progress of the case and now I don't have to worry about anything and now I can relax and breathe.

"Umm... Shoot" I said closing my laptop and sitting in a comfortable position.

"You look...relaxed?" She asked taking a seat opposite mine.

Nope, you are wrong. I am not, my heart is beating frantically and I have got something down my stomach which is totally new to me, right now I feel like the oxygen level has reduced to nil in my office thus making me hard to breathe, and this is all because of your presence But of course I can't tell you. Around you, I can't be relaxed. Around you, my body charges to 350 volts and I don't know how to cool down. Around you, my capability to think evaporates into thin air and again, I can't tell you all this so I will answer what is the half truth.

"Yes, because Dean called me and told me that you have got everything that can be used as a proof of my innocence." I beamed at her.

"Alright, these are for counter check so that while settling they don't accuse you of anything I don't know of. Because then, I would look like a fool."

I chuckled and asked, "Like what?"

She do looks lost. She shooks her head.

I smiled at her.

Well the first question was kind of stupid but then her second question made me a little uncomfortable. I don't know why because I kind of know where all this was leading to and honestly it was kind of awkward talking about my bitch secretary and her pointless accusations with the very girl who was making me crazy.
Her mere presence could make my heartbeat rise and blood pressure shoot. And she was talking about intimacy with my secretary.
While asking the next question, she held a pen in her mouth, and her eyes contracted. She had got the perfect heart-shaped lips which enhanced her beauty, along with her beautiful features.

Well, she certainly have some beautiful features. While she was busy reading something from the file, I took a full glance at her. She had beautiful profound brown eyes which were mesmerizing. She do have a thing for black I assume, because I saw her wearing black in both of ours not-so-decided meeting. Her black raven hair, I know I might sound like some teenage love freak but they are beautiful and compliments her skin perfectly.

"You are beautiful." I murmured.

She suddenly raised her head and stared at me in a questioning manner.

"What?"

Shit, did she see me gawking at her. Shit...shit...shit.

"Nothing." I said looking away from her piercing eyes.

The next question again, kind of threw me off the edge.

Did I have sex with her? Is she joking? Isn't this whole thing, about me trying to proof that I never had sex with her?

Suddenly a known voice booms in the silence that was lingering in this room.

I looked and found my stupid younger brother barging in my office.

What's with everyone here? Are they forgetting the proper etiquettes? Can't they just knock before coming in?
Someone please remind me to hire a secretary.

And not to mention, he just made it more awkward than it already was.

"Zane...What the hell?" I hissed in irritation.

And then her profound brown eyes pierced into mine.

"So-sorry" I stuttered.

"Please continue. He is my younger brother Zane."

Damn is she making me nervous?

Um...She again ignored everything.

What's with her ignoring everything?

I answered her question, but couldn't help but wonder about the question. Why was she asking this thing about what happened that night? She already knows, she has that damn camera recording.
This thing is freaking uncomfortable, especially when this girl who is sitting in front of me has such an effect over me.

"You do know the rest...right?" I said avoiding her, I don't want to look into her eyes.

She chuckled and said, "I know."

I looked at Zane to avoid eye contact.

"She is beautiful." He mouthed.

I rolled my eyes. He too, thinks that?

I know she is damn beautiful but I don't want to confront this thing with my younger brother, who is going to hold on this thing for ages on me.

Iris must have sensed something while Zane chuckled, for she looked up questioningly.

And then he did something which made things all the more awkward.

"Him." He said pointing at me.

Shoot me, now. My brother is throwing me off the cliff.

She shook her head and stood up suddenly.

"Are you going?" Are your queries completed? Did you get what all you needed? Can you not stay for more time? I asked, of course only the former part. Hah.

She gave me the look.

"Yes I am done." Iris stated and turned around and started moving out.

Certainly, I didn't want her to go. I didn't knew that I feel a lot of things around her but right now, I just don't want her to go.

I stood up to follow her, and then she suddenly turned around.

She said something that left me and Zane both astounded.

"And BTW," she paused and then continued, "You won." She beamed at me and then left.

Before I could even react to her announcement, she left.

I looked at Zane and he returned my gaze with the same confused expression as mine.

"She is something." Zane said, more like stated.

"Indeed, she is." I said smiling.

And I want to know her.

*****************************

Dear Readers,
Shower your love on this poor soul, please :D
Please Like and Comment.
I would love to know about your views regarding to my story.
Lots of love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4.6K 53
First known as destined to be.... __ "Look into my eyes and say the same thing Priya, say that you don't love me anymore" he said clutching my should...
73.1K 3.4K 49
Yeah their toxic...but what couple isn't ;) ____________________________________ "Go on", he said slapping her thigh, he could feel her letting go a...
10.7K 123 73
One kind of love story that would blow your mind apart! Why is it that two people meet when they are no longer free? Why is fate cruel sometimes when...
195K 5.5K 33
"That's not something you mess around with." I say to her and she just rolled her eyes. "It's not like he's going to fall for it anyway." S...