Royal Pain in the Ass

By PunkRockPenguin

Juliet has worked hard all of her life and everything she has she earned herself. Now her world is turning u... More

Royal Pain in the Ass
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI (corrected)
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Epilogue

Chapter XI

167K 2.1K 128
By PunkRockPenguin

Chapter XI: The Morning After . . .

I felt myself being lifted out of the car. "Come along, love," Harper smiled. I cuddled against his chest. He was so warm.

"You're cuddly," I murmured. I felt the pull of sleep. I liked the way his chest vibrated when he laughed.

"Don't get too cozy," Gwen warned, I'm not sure if it was to me or to Harper. "Harper, I'm going to show you the back way into the main house."

"Harper," I managed.

"Yes, love?"

"Sing for me."

Harper laughed. "What do you want me to sing?"

"Something pretty."

"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you. Tomorrow I'll miss you, remember I'll always be true."

"I love the beatles,"

Harper chuckled and continued singing. His voice was so pretty.

"Shh, quiet now. We can't get caught." Gwen warned.

Gwen led him to my room and Harper laid me on the bed. "Good night, sleep it off. You'll feel better."

"I'll have Laurel bring you some aspirin in the morning. Harper, come on, I'll be outside." Gwen gave us a moment.

"Well, love, good night,"

"Good night," I smiled up at him. "You have pretty eyes."

"Thank you, I think you've mentioned that."

"Well it's true,"

"Good night," he bent down to kiss me on the cheek but I turned and kissed him back. He seemed surprised but didn't stop. His lips were so soft. My hands reached around to the back of his neck and pulled him harder against me. He made a small noise of surprise but returned my ferocity. My hands fumbled to the bottom of his shirt, but he grabbed them and pulled away laughing. "No, no, love."

"No?" I asked confused. No? "You don't think I'm cute anymore,"

"Oh, quite the contrary, love, but you are very drunk."

"I'm just tipsy,"

"Good night, I have to go,"

"Stay?"

"I can't, as tempting as that is,"

"One more kiss?"

Harper sighed, a smile forming on his lips. "One more kiss," he kissed my forehead and tucked me in. "Now go to sleep. Tomorrow morning is going to come early for you."

I nodded. "Night night,"

I felt sleep overtake me.

Next thing I knew Laurel was gently shaking me awake. "Juliet, you have to get up," she soothed rubbing my back. My head was killing me and I felt nauseous. I looked around.

"Ugh, what time is it?"

"Almost seven, come on let's get you into a nice warm bath. You'll feel better." She helped me sit up and the world span.

"Oh god, how much did I drink?"

"Gwen told me all about it. I've told the master that you're not feeling well. He thinks you have the flu."

"Ugh, I don't remember most of last night,"

"Gwen said you kept up with her, and she's quite the drinker."

I groaned and covered my head with a blanket. "Why is it so bright?" I whined.

"Because you're hung over."

"What did I drink last night?"

"Knowing Gwen something strong and hard, and it probably had a bite to it. Come on," Laurel helped me stumble to the bathroom and into the tub. "I'm not leaving you alone in here, I'm not going to have you drown." Laurel helped me out and then brushed my hair while I lay in bed feeling the effects of a night of poor decisions. "Gwen is going to come up and see you as soon as her shift is over, but your father wanted to check on you. I told him I'd let you know when you were awake. Are you ready for this?"

I let another groan out. "No, but I haven't been ready for anything that's happened so far. Let's do this."

"Alright, I'll go get him."

I buried my head in the pillows and tried to remember what had happened. I'd gone out with Gwen . . . Sam drove us . . . we watched a band . . . Gwen and I were dancing . . . lots of shots . . . lots of beer . . . I didn't remember anything but little patches of memory. I needed to talk to Gwen.

It wasn't long before I heard the door open and someone come in. "Juliet," my father's voice was soft and soothing.

"Hey James," I managed and turned around. The sun was still so bright.

"Laurel tells me you aren't feeling well."

I shook my head, but stopped when the world span. "I'll be okay, just not feeling so hot today."

James came over and felt my forehead. "You don't seem to be running a fever. That's good. Maybe it's all the stress." James sighed and sat on the edge of my bed. "I've been meaning to talk to you anyway."

Oh great, this was going to be one of those mornings. I sat up and tried to look him in the eye.

"I didn't intend for everything that has happened to happen. Madame Hubert said despite her best efforts you don't seem to be making much progress. The king and queen have come up with a solution for our little problem. They want to properly introduce you into our society."

I didn't bother to try to hide the confusion on my face. "What?"

James sighed. "I didn't want to force this upon but now we have no choice. You have been unofficially announced via the tabloids and many things are in question now. My morals, my parentage, even my sister's character. I cannot let my shortcomings affect her ruling. As much as it pains me to do this, I have to ask you to do this. Mind you, I ask out of politeness, it is not really a request."

I was taken aback. "What are you saying exactly?"

"You cannot act as you have been permitted to do in the past. I have spoken with Carolynn and we have found you an advisor. You will be taught the ways of the noble English and you will behave as a noble lady. You must not act rashly. Any other incidents like this will not be tolerated. Do I make myself clear?"

I stared at James for a long moment. "So I'm going to be trapped in other words. I'm not going to be allowed to be myself?"

James sighed. "I don't want that,"

"But that's exactly what you just told me. I'm rash, I'm outspoken, opinionated, childish, and foolish. And you pretty much told me I can't do that. That I can't be that."

"Juliet, you are an adult. You should act like it."

James got up and walked out of my room and left me staring at the door. I rubbed my aching head. This was too much. I curled into a ball and went back to sleep. I woke up to Gwen shaking me.

"Hello gorgeous, how's it going?" she smiled.

"Awful," I smiled back.

"Awful? You feel that bad?"

I still felt like crap, but not as bad. I shrugged. "I've felt better. What was I drinking last night?"

Gwen smiled. "The good stuff. I brought you a present." Gwen pulled out a flask. "This is what Gran used to give Dad for his hangovers, then Ben, then me."

"What is it?"

"Just drink it,"

I took a swig and made a face. Vomit tasted better. "Ugh, what the hell?"

"It tastes awful, but trust me, it works. I made it this morning before I had to be at work at six. Look at me. Do I look like I'm dead on my feet? Now go ahead, finish it."

I made a face but did. She smiled and handed me a cookie. "I don't want to eat anything."

"Trust me,"

I took a nibble and didn't feel nausea rise up. "Wow,"

"I told you,"

"I have a question for you."

"What's that?"

"What happened last night?"

Gwen laughed. "You don't remember?"

"No,"

"Oh this is great."

"What is great?"

"What do you remember?"

"Bits and pieces, something about a band . . . dancing with you . . . Gwen . . . what did I do?"

"Well Harper has been texting me."

"Harper . . . Harper, why does that sound familiar?"

"Oh my god, this is great! He's smitten and you can't remember him! I can't wait to tell him that!"

"Wait, what did I do?"

"You asked him to stay last night,"

"I didn't,"

"I wouldn't have let him, and you didn't do anything but make out and get a little handsy."

"Oh god," My hand covered my face. "I'm so embarrassed."

"Why?"

"I shouldn't have done that!"

"It's okay. But Harper is really interested in you."

"I'm so not going there."

"Where?"

I sighed. I was about to have to tell a long story. "I'm not ready for anything like that."

"Why? What happened?"

"This is a sad story, do you want to hear it?"

"If you're okay telling it."

I sighed. "Back home there was this guy. Chase Evans. He was great, handsome, smart, funny, really sweet. He was in my comm one class freshman year and we started dating not long after start of term. Things were really great for a long time. He started getting a little distant in our junior year and we ended it just before graduation. As you know, I lost my mom. She was sick for a really long time. Well, while I was sitting by her bedside, he was at someone else's if you catch my drift."

"Oh," Gwen grasped.

"Yeah, as soon as I found out, I left him. I had enough on my plate, I didn't need to add his crap to it."

Gwen nodded. "That wanker doesn't deserve you."

I laughed. "Nope, but I'm not ready for something else so soon. It just hasn't been enough time yet,"

Gwen pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry honey. Are you feeling any better?"

Now that I thought about it, my head wasn't aching so badly and the light seemed less harsh. "Now that you mention it, yes I do feel a bit better."

Gwen smiled. "I knew it. Now get up and get ready. Your advisor is on his way here."

"His?"

_____________________________________________________

sorry this one is short, but the next one will be long vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 2.3K 61
***FEATURED BY @YARomance (06/01/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @teenfiction (13/12/2021)*** ***FEATURED BY @NARomance (24/08/2021)*** ***FEATURED BY @WattC...
241 25 18
Being a crown princess, with a selection of princes vying for your hand? What's the catch? Well, for one, love isn't the only thing that's on their m...
121K 5.6K 23
Ranked #12 in girlxgirl |03/23/20| Ranked #6 in Updates |08/20/20| Ranked #2 in kingsandqueens |3/20/22| Trapped inside castle walls, heiress Aless...
Generous Hearts By Ayesha

Mystery / Thriller

342 98 16
Flora Hamilton life is not cheerful like others. She lost her parents when she was thirteen. Her happiest day is that she spent with them on her 13 t...