The Dragon Riders

By ageofthewriters

Jason Mead is a normal sixteen-years-old, who thought his grandpa's stories were only that stories. But he fo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18

chapter 4

1.2K 20 8
By ageofthewriters

Chapter 4:

We made it back to the the point where we were supposed to meet again. We found almost all of our rocks in our way back there. We even found some arrows Indians' points and put them in our backpacks.

“Well, seems like we have almost all the rocks” Dustin said with a smirked glued to his face. “What did I told you guys the rocks won't go any where”

“Yeah, yeah. Don't let it go to your head” Naomi tease.

“Yeah, because you already have a big head full of air” Anastasia joked.

“You two are very funny, you know that?”

“Yeah, we know” The girls said at the same time.

After everyone done with their lunch and have some fun. The chaperons said it was time to get back to school.

We get on the bus and we went back to where we were sitting in the morning. The trip back was fast and quiet. We reached the school around six o'clock.

The huge windows of the school shining with lights inside meaning that there was teachers still working. The huge brown walls lighted by the wall lamps. There were benches in the front of the school filled with no many students, that stayed for tutorial classes after school, waiting for their parents to come and picked them up. The parking lot was filled with cars of parents waiting for their sons.

The bus stopped at in front of the school and Mr. Dobly took attendance once more after letting us get out of the bus.

We waited in a bench for my granddad. He was going to picked us up when we get here.

“Well, bye” Naomi said walking to the school's gate.

“Where are you going?” Anastasia asked.

“Home”

“You don't want us to give you a ride?” I asked her.

“I don't want to be a bother” She said.

“Oh, you won't my granddad will give you a ride”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, come on. He is already here” I said pointing at a white truck. “Come on”

“Ok, thanks” Naomi said.

We walked to my granddad's truck and I climbed in the shotgun seat. Anastasia, Dustin and Naomi sat on the backseats. He had the A/C on, and it was so cold I shivered, but it felt good at the same time.

“Hey, guys” Granddad greeted us.

“Hey, Grandpa” Dustin and Anastasia said. They called him grandpa to, because they almost live with us. No, that they got problems at their home, but they like to be at my house always. I don't mind that, because I'm only child and the company helps.

“Hello, Mr.” Naomi said.

“Oh, hey” Grandpa said with a smile. “Who are you young lady”

“I'm Naomi Campbell”

“Nice to meet you Naomi” Grandpa replied, “I'm Frederick, but everyone called me grandpa”

“That means you have to called him grandpa too” I replied.

“Um...ok”

“So how was the field trip?” Grandpa asked us. “Any mosquitoes attack or something?”

Mosquitoes weren't the worst we found in the field trip. “No, but we found real dragon, grandpa. Can you believe that?” I thought to say that to him, but that would be very smooth, don't you think? (Note the sarcasm please)

“Yeah, they were a pain, Grandpa” Dustin said.

“Good thing we had repellent” Anastasia said smiling.

“So Grandpa...” I started, “We were thinking that um...we liked going to the woods, and we were wondering...”

“What is it Jason?”

“We were wondering if you could take us camping?” I finally asked.

“Yeah, we can go” Grandpa replied.

“YES!” We all said at the same time in excitement.

“Next week”

“What?!” I exclaimed, “Next week? We can't go next week, we can't wait that long”

“Why not?” Grandpa asked with a confused face. “The woods won't leave or something”

“But we can't next week, because um...”

“Because what, Jason?”

“Because it's going to rain next week” Anastasia said thinking quickly.

“If that so, then we'll go tomorrow morning since today is Friday” Grandpa replied. I released a breath, I didn't know I was holding. “Ok, but ask you parents first”

“Ok, thanks grandpa” They all replied, even Naomi replied calling him Grandpa.

The rest of the drive, we just talked about stuffs we like. Naomi told my friends and Grandpa stories of us at the summer camp. She even told them about a nightmare I had about fishes coming out of the lake and attacking me. I didn't went to the swimming classes for the rest of the summer camp, but I'm not afraid anymore.

We dropped everyone at their houses, and Grandpa drive back to our house. It took us thirty minutes to get back, but we got just in time for dinner.

“We are home!” I yelled opening the door. I set my backpack on the side of the stairs and walked to the kitchen to greeted Grandma, and found mom there helping her.

My mom wasn't the cooking time of mom, but she always try to cook. Her long brown curvy hair was tied in a ponytail. She was smiling sweetly and her green eyes sparking with happiness.

“Mom?” I questioned, “You are cooking?”

“Yeah, something wrong with that son?”

“No, no, definitely no”

“Good, because dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes” She replied smiling. “Now, go get change”

“Ok, mom” I said kissing her on the cheek and ran to my room to get changed.

Ok, I tell you this if you want to hide something very well, and want no one find it. Then the perfect place is my room! My mom always is scowling me about me not cleaning it. But come on, its going to get dirty again anyways, what's the point of cleaning it? But this time I, luckily, cleaned the yesterday. I got changed quickly to some black training shorts and a white shirt.

I walked down the stairs to the dinning room. My grandpa was setting the table.

“Need help, Grandpa?” I asked walking toward him.

“Uh? Oh, no” He replied, “I just finish, thanks Jason”

“OK”

After we all ate dinner, I went to my room and started 'doing' my homework. Well, more like just stared at the books blankly. I mean it was History homework. I don't like that subject, I mean come on that passed like a gazillion year ago. But my parents want me to be someone in life, so they make me study that.

“Sam?” I heard someone knocked on my door.

“Come in!” I yelled. I heard the door cracked open and my mom came in with a sad smile. That wasn't good. She always smiled like that when she and dad are going to go in a business trip or have to work late.

“What is it, mom?”

“Honey, we'll have to leave for a business trip” Mom replied, “And we'll be out of town for two weeks”

See, I told you. She always wear that smiled when she has bad news. Well, I guess they don't have any options. They will have to go on that business trip.

“Ok, mom. Don't worry” I said smiling reassuringly. “I'll be OK, grand and gram will take care of me”

“I know they will, honey” Mom replied, “But I don't like to be going in business trips and leave you alone”

“Mom, don't worry” I said, “I understand you have to, that's your job”

“Thanks, honey” Mom said hugging me. “You'll be a great man some day”

“Thanks” I said smiling. She broke the hugged and walked out of my room. I went to my bed and lay down hearing my ipod.

After listening to my ipod for about thirty minutes or so. I remembered that I got to pack to go camping tomorrow and get the dragons to our houses. How we are going to do that? I got no idea yet, but I got to think of something to how to tell grandpa about the dragons.

After I finished packing everything for tomorrow, I took a long fresh shower and went to put on some shorts and blue shirt and went to bed.

It took me a while to fall asleep with all that had just happened today. The dragons, swords, evil dragons. I mean who could sleep knowing that the fate of the world, that the lives of a lot of people was in the hands of four sixteen year old kids? That all those stories about elves, gnomes, dragons, and all that creatures of fairy tales could be real –those stories are real! – and a evil dragon wants to control the world?

But after thinking about it like half an hour, my eyes started to closed and felt heavy. Last thing I know I fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

899 20 25
UPDATES EVERY WEDNESDAY (currently on a short little hiatus) leo valdez x oc Eileen Thomas has spent most of her life as a social reject, getting in...
652 26 23
"Y'know, I never thought it would end up like this." "Me neither." "I love you, but you know we can't be together." "I know. Maybe we're meant to be...
1.5K 32 24
Dan Terrance is just an 18-year- old student who lives a normal student life. At least, that is what he thinks. One day during a P.E lesson, somethin...
816 7 87
The world turns on its own. Ever turning, life continues on its own. That is what many would like to think. This story follows Caleb Aris, a young so...