Accidentally Loving Mr. Step...

By OralKel

[BOOK #2 of MISTER SERIES] Mickey 'Mike' Hollister has been finding his The One by dating lots of g... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1: Clean
Chapter 2: Secretly Awkward
Chapter 3: Rip The Start
Chapter 4: Take A Hint
Chapter 5: The Gifted
Chapter 6: Message In A Bottle, Entry #8
Chapter 7: Don't Mind
Chapter 8: Magic, Madness, Heaven, Sin
Chapter 9: Theme Park
Chapter 10: Fluffy Unicorn
Chapter 11: Bang Bang
Announcement #1
Chapter 12: Ice Cream Love
Chapter 13: Ice Cream... Love?
Chapter 14: This Time, I'm Telling You, I'm Telling You
Chapter 15: Let's Live
Chapter 16: Everything's Okay
Chapter 17: Changing Path?
Chapter 18: Birthday
Chapter 19: Disoriented
Chapter 20: Dealing With The Past
Chapter 21: Boom Clap, The Sound Of My Heart
Chapter 22: Wreck
Chapter 23: Our Hearts In Pain
Chapter 25: Trauma
Chapter 26: Empty
Chapter 27: Dying Inside
Chapter 28: Letters
Chapter 29: Stay With Me
Announcement #2
Chapter 30: Timebomb
Chapter 31: The Inevitable
Chapter 32: Forget Forever, Remember Everyday
Chapter 33: The End
Author's Note
Announcement: New Series!

Chapter 24: Ghost

28.2K 1.1K 91
By OralKel

Chapter 24
Eros Dylan Donovan
Ghost

Mike and I are not in good terms. I'm an asshole who needs to be whacked by a giant mallet so I could have my sense back. But every time I look at him, I cannot avoid the guilt that is eating me. It has become a huge mess for the both of us. Every time we would pass each other, it's like we're strangers, not giving a glance, or even an acknowledgement! I know it's my fault, but I can't help but be sad and hurt.
I have fucked up real bad.

Going into the kitchen area, my body freezes as I see Mike frying some bacon. He's busying himself with things like that so he could ignore anyone. Even Brad. I open the fridge and get a water pitcher, and glass, and pour myself a drink then chug it down in one try. He never looks up at me, just busies himself by frying. In a minute, his phone rings and he scrambles to turn off the stove and fishes his phone in his pocket, and as soon as he sees the Callers ID, he immediately grins and answers it.

"Oi, Ezerette." Mike chirps happily. I frown as I hear his name coming out of Mike's mouth. I want it to seal his mouth with mine so he won't ever mention his name again. Rolling my eyes, I pour myself another glass of water. I'm kind of full, but for the sake of eavesdropping, then I'm going to drink a lot of water.
"Nah, it's fine," Mike continues to talk, smiling. "Sure, tomorrow night? Then it's a date! Yes. Yeah? Alright, sure. That would be great! Okay, meet you at 7pm? Thanks. Bye!"

Frowning, unable to contain my jealousy, I press, "What does he need?"

"None of your business," He says rather harshly. I flinch. That hurts. He turns on the stove again and starts frying bacons. Brad is at the daycare center today, and he will be at home not until 9pm.

Fuming in jealousy, I turn around on my heels and head upstairs and decide that I'll take a hot, steamy shower, but then change my mind to a cold shower. Since, I think, it would help me to cool my mind. Hah, I hope everything becomes a disaster when they go on a date. How dare he steal Mike from me?

Stepping inside the bathroom, turning on the shower, I let out a hiss as the cold water cascade down my body. I immediately grab a liquid coconut soap and lather it all over my body, bubbles forming. Then I grab a shampoo and squeeze some onto my palm and massage my scalp, which kind of relaxes my head.

After minutes of showering, I wrap a towel around my waist and droplets of water falling out of my hair. I head inside my room and lay out my uniform and take off the towel and dry myself. Done pampering myself, now wearing my uniform, I head downstairs and find Mike still in the kitchen area, holding his cellphone with a grin as he taps rapidly on his phone. I roll my eyes and decide not to bother him since he's just going to ignore me.

When I arrive at the station, everyone is busy. Deciding that I should visit some of the members of The Phantom Gang, I head down the jails where the prisoners are located. As soon as I reach the prisoners, someone gives me a sly smirk and I want nothing but to remove that smirk by punching him in the face again and again and again until his face deforms and no doctor could do a surgery on it because of its severeness. I give him the coldest glare I could give and he flinches a little but smiles wickedly, as if it didn't affect him at all.

"The Great Eros Dylan Donovan," the guy with a long, brown hair, with almost faded tattoos, says. "What a pleasure to meet you here in a place called Hell,"

"Well, nice to meet you, too, little fella," I smirk as his wicked smile is replaced with a pursed lips, gritting his teeth, and he has this furious expression plastered on his face which makes me laugh wickedly.

"If I get out of here, Donovan," he says, gripping the large bars so hard his hands are turning white, "I'll make your life much worse than Hell can do,"

He emphasizes every word he spats, as if I'm a 7 year old kid who has a hard time understanding what every word means and what impact does it make to a person. But I just stare at him like I haven't gotten what he said just to piss him off. The man tries to grab my collar but I step back a little and his fingers just graze the pocket on my chest. I look at the pocket, raise my hand, and dust off my pocket as if it has been infected with germs. His nostrils and ears practically flare as he rattles the large bars that keep him in place.

"What makes you think you can make my life much worse than hell if I'm already Satan himself?" I smirk, which hits his spot and he shouts. I roll my eyes and head back. I hear him cursing a lot, and hs keeps threatening me but I just ignore him and keep walking like I hear nothing. I even put my finger in my ear and pretend to clean it and examine my finger and just shrug just to piss the guy more.

Sighing, thinking of how I would be able to fix things between Mike and I. I mean, I fucked up real bad, but every person who tries to talk and beg for forgiveness deserves a second chance, right? Tonight, I'll deal with Mike. I'll make it up to him. But first, let me just think of possible ways of getting him back to my arms.

I've been guarding their cell, the guys keep making snarky comments and they always snarl, telling me I should be scared and all. The hell, why will I get scared of them? It's not like they can hurt me. I just keep grinning at them and sending them the bird and they would scream at me. Some of the prisoners had a laugh about it because, according to them, they're being childish. True. I even had a chat to some prisoners who are on my good side. So far, they are doing good. I mean, some of them did admit they did wrong something in their life, and they regret it. Those kind of people are my favorite people. I visit the prisoners every once in a while just to have a snack with them.

Standing up, I stretch my arms and legs and it makes a cracking sound, which releases the tensions out of my body. Now I can relax. I say good-bye to some of the prisoners and look at the members of TPG. The guy who has a faded tattoo gives me a smirk and there's an evil glint in his eyes that makes me cringe and frown. I do not have a good feeling about this. Sighing, I head to my office.

Geraldin and Max are studying another case, their brows furrowed as they examine it. I ask them what it is, and they just tell me it's a sexual harassment case. Shaking my head in disgust, I pull out my cellphone in my pocket and try to call Mike. I'm just going to request to him to look over for Brad for awhile. Since I'm going to be late a little.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

No answer.

Frowning, I give him a call. My eyes scan the sky, which is starting to turn dull and lifeless, about to rain. Mike always answers call regardless of what's happening. Shaking my head in a disapproving manner, I put my cellphone back ib my pocket as my heart's beat gets louder and louder. I let out a sigh of annoyance as I put a palm on my chest, trying to steady my heart beat, as if it would help it to calm the hell down.

Seconds later, the rain starts to pour down from the sky hard. The place is starting to get foggy and I bite my lower lip. Everything is okay. I chant.

Finally, it's time for me to go home. It's still raining, but not as hard as it used to earlier. However, that nervousness is still inside me, bugging me. I tried to busy myself by doing lots of paperwork, but it didn't work. I try to give Mike a call again, and it goes straight to voicemail. I miss his freaking voice.

'Hi, this is Mike! Sorry I wasn't able to answer your call because I was probably busy. Just leave a message and I'll try to respond back as soon as I can, kay? Hai!'

Groaning, I head where the police car is parked and climb into the driver's seat. I make sure to glance at my left and right just to make sure I would see Mike running around or something. That's a crazy thought, though. Why would Mike run in the rain?

A particular person catches my eyes and I stop in the middle of the road. I roll out the car window of the passenger seat and shout, "Ezerette!"

Ezerette stops from running and glances at my direction, walking slowly and squinting his eyes a little to see me better. His eyes light up as he recognizes me.

"Why are you running in the rain?" I ask him, frowning, kind of hoping that Mike is with him. Though I hate the thought, I kind of wish it.

"Hahaha," he laughs awkwardly. "Someone is being a mushy and hopeless romantic person and he's trying to catch me while it's raining. He thinks it's romantic and all." So Mike is with him.

"Are you with Mike?" I ask, afraid of what his answer would be. He just shakes his head and then a man comes behind him, putting an arms around Ezerette's waist and he yelps and then they begin to laugh.
The man who has his arms around Ezerette has a dirty blonde hair, a little bit taller than him, and his white wet shirt is clinging to his body as he plants kisses after kisses across Ezerette's neck. Now, why would someone do a PDA in a place like this? They must be dumb.

"Josh!" Ezerette squeals, laughing loudly as he tries to push the man off of him. "I'm not going to do it again, I swear! I'll be good as a saint! Some human is watching!"

"Let them watch me take you so they will know you're mine," Josh practically growls. Duh, as if I'm interested in Ezerette. Finay, they stop doing their huge PDA and Ezerette saunters his way over to the police car.

"I'm sorry 'bout that," Ezerette says as he offers me a shy smile. "Mike is not with me. But tomorrow, we will have a night out. He hasn't texted me yet. It's not so Mike," - Josh whines like a little kid, wanting Ezerette's attention back on him - "Stop acting like a kid, Josh! Sorry about that again. Anyways, I'll try to call him. Oh, where are my manners, I'm Ezerette. It's a good thing that you remember my name considering you were kind of far when I bumped into Mike."

"Eros," I say simply and then shake his wet hand. "Anyways, I better be going. I'll just text him. Thanks, Ezerette. And um, looks like your Josh is getting jelly now so go back to him before he kills me from jealousy." He nods and smiles at me then goes back to Josh. I wonder if they are boyfriends. Duh. Is it not obvious?

I pull out my cellphone and text Teacher Hans, Brad's teacher. I tell her that I'll pick Brad later and request to take care of him for me for a while. She sends a reply, telling me it's okay and I thank her through text.
Then someone texts me that makes me stop the car in the middle of the road, gritting my teeth, my heart basically crying, I read the text again.

'if u want to see your fag of a bf, meet us at the abandon building. dont bring any person or else ill kill him'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 4.7K 21
When Lacy tries to break of her forced engagement things take a treacherous turn for the worst. Things seemed to not be going as planned until a myst...
58.5K 2.8K 21
Disclaimer: this is the third instalment of a three part book series. Therefore to get the full story you should read the first two instalments, name...
33.8K 1.8K 95
This is Book 2 of Unrequited? The Series We pick up 6 years later and Art finally has it all...his dream career, great friends and an active social l...
12.2K 224 15
Stan and Kyle get married and move in together , however a couple of years later Stan and Kyle decide to make a huge discission that will effect thei...