My Michelle.- Complete Story!

By micmat

It's 1963. The Beatles have just hit the big time. The lads have the world at their feet. Then, a chance meet... More

Chapter 1 - Michelle
Chaper 2 - Paul.
Chapter 3 - Secrets
Chapter 4 - Decisions.
Chapter 5 - The aftermath
Chapter 6 - Moving on
Chapter 7 - More Secrets Revealed.
Chapter 8 - History.
Chapter 9 - Admitting all.
Chapter 10 - Learning To Trust.
Chapter 12:- Demons Defeated.
Chapter 13 - Plans
Chapter 14 - Reunion.
Chapter 15 - Unexpected.
Chapter 16 - Breaking News.
Chapter 17 - Christmas
Chapter 18 - The Arrival.
Chapter 19 - Letting Go.
Chapter 20 - Heartbreak.
Chapter 21 - Separation
Chapter 22 - The Tipping Point.
Chapter 23 - Balancing Act.
Chapter 24 - Redressing the balance.
Chapter 25 - The journey.
Chapter 26 - First Step.
Chapter 27 - A New Beginning.
Chapter 28 - Moving Forward.
Chapter 29 - New Beginnings.
Chapter 30 - Making Plans
Chapter 31 - One and one makes four?
Chapter 32 - Homecoming.
Chapter 33 - Betrayal.
Chapter 34 - Heartache
Chapter 35 - More pain
Chapter 36 - Inner Strength?
Chapter 37 - Fighting Back
Chapter 38 - Taking control
Chapter 39 - A Christmas Gift.
Chapter 40 - Alice.
Chapter 41- Reasons.
Chapter 42 - Explanations
Chapter 43 - Scotland.
Chapter 44 - New Beginnings.
Chapter 45 - March 1985
Chapter 46 - Press Release
Chapter 47 - Goodbyes
Chapter 48 - Normality?
Chapter 49 - Accused.
Chapter 50- DNA
Chapter 51 - Desparation
Chapter 52 - Family
Chapter 53 - Conclusion

Chapter 11 The Demons Return

638 17 2
By micmat

As time passed, Michelle's confidence in herself and in her relationship with Paul grew. They were happy together and it became recognized by both press and fans that she was Paul's girlfriend. Michelle  worked regularly as a session musician and was enjoying her life immensely. Then one day, whilst Paul and Michelle were enjoying some time together, Rose called Michelle for a phone call. Michelle answered it eagerly, thinking it was to do with her new working life.

"Michelle Bailey speaking."

"Miss Bailey, or should I used your real name, Mrs McDonald? My name  is Simon Shaw. I'm a reporter on the Daily Mirror. Would you like to comment on the photographs that have been released today?"

"Photographs? I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about."

"Pictures of you with your husband, Miss Bailey." There was a pause, "So,  is it true you are having an affair with Mr McCartney and that you have deserted your husband and children? Is Mr McCartney aware that he is living with a married woman? Your comment please Miss Bailey."

"Look, where have you got this information from? It's not true?" Michelle stammered, "Now just leave me alone!"

Paul, hearing the distress in her voice, followed her into the hallway. "Who is it?" he whispered.

Michelle slammed the phone down then sank onto the bottom stair and put her head in her hands. Immediately Paul knelt before her. "What is it Michelle?" he asked in concern.

Michelle slowly raised her head to face him, tears in her eyes. "It was a reporter," she said quietly, "He's saying he's got photo's of me with Ian and some of the my babies. They've been released to the papers. He wanted me to comment on why I left my husband and child to have an affair with you! Where have they got them Paul? I didn't even know pictures of my babies existed! I've never seen any!"

"Photo's?" Paul took her hand in his, "We can sort this love. Did he name which newspaper he was from?"

Michelle told him.

"Then we need to get a copy and see what they're on about."

 Suddenly the phone rang again. Michelle picked it up. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed, slamming the phone back into it's cradle. "It's them again Paul!"

Before anything further could be done, Rose came into the hallway, she was holding a rolled up newspaper. "I think you both need to see this."

Michelle snatched it off her. Paul smiled apologetically at Rose as Michelle began searching frantically through the pages. Suddenly she gasped. "No!" Her cry was filled with pain. "NO.NO.NO.NO!"

Paul and Rose turned their attention to her. By now Michelle was crying, "Look at this picture." Michelle sobbed as she pointed to a picture of herself, taken as a profile shot holding a small baby in her arms. The picture showed her putting her whole focus on the child in her arms. "This picture was taken after my baby died. How have they got hold of these pictures? I don't even have a copy of this picture." Michelle broke down, throwing the newspaper to the floor.

Paul picked up the paper and scanned the pictures. Shaking his head, he moved to Michelle and soothed her tears. Rose left the two, only to return minutes later with a drink for them both.

"I think the best thing to do about this is to ring Tom and see what he suggests our next step could be. Rose...can you sit with Michelle whilst I phone."

Rose sat with Michelle and encouraged her to drink. Michelle strained to hear what Paul was saying, but failed. Impatiently, she put the cup down and went to the hall door to listen. Paul was listening intently. Eventually he said good bye and hung up.

"Well?"

He led her back into the living room and sat her down. "Basically we have two choices."

"And they are?" Michelle was impatient.

"First, we could issue a statement stating that the pictures do not reflect what you were accused of, although this would mean you would have to give some explanation as to what they really are."

"Or?"

"Or do nothing. Make no statement, carry on and brazen it out, ride the storm for a few days before it becomes old news. Whilst that's happening Tom said he'll do some investigating to find out where the pictures have come from in the first place."

"Which does he suggest is best?" asked Rose.

"The second one," Paul looked to Michelle. "... and Tom's going to see if he can find out where the paper got the pictures from. He said whilst he does that don't do anything."

Michelle sighed deeply. "So we just have to wait?"

"Yes."

"..and if we get more hassle from the press, what do we do?"

"Say nothing until we hear again from Tom."

..but I'm supposed to be working at 4.00pm! How can I go out there? There'll be press waiting for me!"

"Cancel."

"I can't! I'm under contract!" She looked at her watch, "Half past two. Well that settles it. I'm going to do what Tom suggested, after all I haven't done anything wrong! I'm going to get ready."

As Michelle came down the stairs, dressed, ready to brazen things out, the phone rang. As Paul answered as she stood on the stairs and waited. Paul listened for what seemed an age. His facial expression  altered several times as he took in the information.

"Does this change your advice?" A pause as he listened. "Ok – yes – thanks Tom. Bye."

"Tom?"

"Yes," He sighed, "You'd better come and sit down. I've got some news about the pictures."

Paul sat her down and faced her, holding her hand. "Tom contacted the Daily Mirror. He threatened legal action unless they said where the pictures came from. Michelle, the paper is owned by an American syndicate. The photo's were sent to the Daily Mirror from their sister publication in New York, where they've also been published."

"Right." Michelle looked at him, "so...?"

"Michelle, the photo's came from America. New York to be precise. Tom has very strong suspicions as to how they got into the hands of the press.  Think about it love!"

"Ian? You mean he thinks that Ian is behind all this?" Michelle looked at him, bewildered. Paul nodded slowly. "Do you really think he'd do this to me after all this time?" Michelle asked desperately, "It's nearly a year since he left. What about the terms of the agreement made by Tom when I said I wouldn't press charges, surely he wouldn't break them?" She shook her head sadly, "Do you really think Ian hates me so much? Oh I'm sorry. You've been dragged into all this mess. She paused for a moment. "So what happens now? What does Tom think I should do?"

 "We," said Paul,"He thinks WE should ignore until he's made further investigations."

 Michelle stood up. Paul  could see she was clearly very shaken by the latest revelation. She sighed deeply. "Right, my ignoring skills are set to full blast. I've got to go to work!"

  "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Why should I let this stop me from working Paul? I'm letting Ian win if I change what I would normally do and he's NOT going to!"

 Michelle gave Paul  a good bye kiss and left the house. Stepping out of the house she had to run the gauntlet of press, taking pictures of her and shouting questions. Michelle, in silent determination, continued on her journey.

 Several hours later Michelle made her weary journey home. Her work in the orchestra pit of the theatre had been draining that night. The other musicians, many of whom she had befriended, had fastidiously ignored her. Although Michelle held her head high and did what she was paid to do, it was with some relief that she left the bus that dropped her a short walk from home. The road was quiet now Michelle noticed. The late summer evening twilight seemed to have driven the press away – thankfully! As she turned the corner, the house came into view. As usual there was a group of fans outside. Michelle was used to this and often spoke to them with as she went about her business. Suddenly her reverie was broken by two girls stepping in front of her. Michelle jumped, startled. Then thinking they were fans, said hello and tried to pass – but they blocked her way.

"You're Paul's girlfriend." It was a statement rather than a question. Michelle felt tension mount between her and the two girls.

"Yes I am," She said politely, "Paul will be in the house over there. I'll see if he will come out and speak to you if you want?"

"Is it true? You're married and messing him about?"

"That has nothing to do with you," said Michelle firmly, "Now please, let me pass." She tried to push past. As she did so, Michelle felt a blow to the side of her head. Stunned and momentarily knocked off balance, she grabbed the person who has hit her to steady herself. She was punched for a second time, much harder than before. This time she fell, hitting her head on the garden wall behind her. She had no idea how long she had been there. Somehow she managed to get to her feet, collect her belongings and stagger home. Bursting through the door, Rose was the first person to see her.

"Oh my god, Michelle, what's happened? Paul! Paul!"

Rose led Michelle into the kitchen and promptly put a clean towel on the cut above her eye which was bleeding badly. Paul came into the room.

"What's happened? Michelle, talk to me."

"Someone hit me.

"What? Why? Where were you?"

"I was just outside. I think they were fans. They threatened me because of the pictures then one hit me. Well, they punched me on the side of my head. I was wearing my glasses because I'm tired and the frame hit my face. I think that's how I got this cut."

Rose lifted Michelle's head to look at her injury closer. "This is going to need stitching. You need to go to hospital."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.2K 18
are you, are you comin' to the tree? where they strung up a man they say, who murdered three thg: catching fire - mockingjay pt. 1&2 fem!oc 𝒙 mal...
10.8K 351 10
α΄›Κœα΄‡ Κœα΄œΙ΄Ι’α΄‡Κ€ Ι’α΄€α΄α΄‡κœ± α΄‘Ιͺʟʟ α΄…α΄‡κœ±α΄›Κ€α΄Κ ᴇᴠᴇɴ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄˜α΄œΚ€α΄‡κœ±α΄› ᴏꜰ Κœα΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄›κœ±, α΄€Ι΄α΄… α΄›Κœα΄€α΄›'ꜱ ᴇxα΄€α΄„α΄›ΚŸΚ α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄› Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄˜α΄‡Ι΄α΄‡α΄… ᴛᴏ α΄˜α΄α΄Κ€ α΄€ΚŸα΄‡xΙͺꜱ Κ€Ιͺʙʙᴏɴ. [ꜰΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺα΄„α΄‹ ᴏᴅᴀΙͺΚ€ x ᴏᴄ] α΄˜α΄œΚ™ΚŸΙͺκœ±Κœα΄‡α΄…: 05.0...
28.7K 1.1K 21
"if i'm a ghost then so are you" Emerald Colter hasn't known peace at any time in her life; and with her reaping comes a chance for her t...
3K 144 4
-π—•π—Ÿπ—˜π—˜π——π—œπ—‘π—š 𝗦𝗧𝗔π—₯𝗦 "𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 π₯𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 π π¨π¨ππ›π²πž" ⊹ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘰�...