The Forgotten Adoption

Autorstwa Mazcat626

The Forgotten Adoption follows on from My Little Sisters Wedding, as we watch Cameron become a mother and a w... Więcej

Chapter One - Life Changes
Chapter Two - Meeting Lily
Chapter Three - Surprise
Chapter Four - Introductions
Chapter Five - 21 Questions
Chapter Six - Good Morning
Chapter Seven - Danger Zone
Chapter Eight - Our Nightmares
Chapter Nine - Busy Mornings
Chapter 11 - Welcome Home
Chapter 12 - Not Working
Chapter 13 - Junior Ball
Chapter 14 - Gut Feeling
Chapter 15 - Ouch
Chapter 16 - Dark Days
Chapter 17 - Bad Siblings
Chapter 18 - Barefoot & Desperate
Chapter 19 - Broken Promises
Chapter 20 - Goodbyes
Chapter 21 - Onwards & Upwards
Chapter 22 - Parenting Woes
Chapter 23 - Property
Chapter 24 - Parental Guidance
Chapter 25 - Promises
Chapter 26 - Lily's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Birthday Surprise's
Chapter 28 - Hustle
Chapter 29 - Us
Chapter 30 - Morning News
Chapter 31 - Best Friends Reunite
Chapter 32 - Explanations
Chapter 33 - CRAZY
Chapter 34 - What's your number?
Chapter 35 - Downfall
Chapter 36 - Piece by Piece
Chapter 37 - Forgive-Ness-Sake
Chapter 38 - A Snotty Yes
Chapter 39 - Trust Fall
Chapter 40 - Thankful
Chapter 41 - Déjà Boo
Chapter 42 - Runaway Bride
Chapter 43 - The Aisle
Chapter 44 - Muva
Chapter 45 - Runaway Groom
Chapter 46 - Make Amends
Chapter 47 - Why I Love You
Chapter 48 - Her Arrival
Epilogue - Forever

Chapter 10 - Adult Children

1.1K 37 8
Autorstwa Mazcat626

Jack drove in his car back to my house and I drove in my car. I put on some Sam Smith in hopes to calm me down before I got back to Lily but if anything it made me even angrier. Jack and I pulled up at the same time. Jack walked over to me and stood in front of me, staring at me intently. Ethan and Edward had both volunteered to babysit Lily while I went to the parent teacher interview.

"Calm down, you don't need to go in there guns blazing. Give her enough time to explain before biting her head off." He held onto my face obviously sensing my heightened emotions. He knew I was far past the point of control but he tried anyway. "This has gone in through one ear and out the other hasn't it? Just, don't do or say anything you will regret." He moved out of my way and followed behind me closely.

The house was quiet except for the sound of the t.v coming from the sitting room. I walked my way up the hall and walked into the sitting room. Lily was sitting with her leg planted over Edwards lap as they watched the t.v intently. Ethan sat in the lay-z-boy with a beer in his hand and his eyes glued to the t.v.

I walked up to the t.v and turned it off.

"Cameron, what the hell?" Ethan asked angrily. I turned my head so fast to him he shut up instantly.

"Shit." Lily mumbled under her breath.

"Cameron, what's going on?" Edward asked confused.

"What's going on? Ask your fucking niece." I spat as my voice was dangerously close to yelling.

"Cameron." Jack warned. Lily pulled her legs in and folded them underneath her. She looked down at her hands and studied them carefully. I stood silently and waited for her to say something but she carried on looking down at her hands.

"Lily got into a fight on Monday and didn't tell me." I said with little control. Lily's head shot up and she tried justifying her actions.

"I was going to tell you, I swear! I just," She trailed off and looked back down at her hands.

"You what? Huh?"

"I don't know." She said softly.

"When were you going to tell me?" She didn't look up and sat saying nothing. "Fucking answer me!"

"Cameron! Swearing at her isn't going to help." Edward said as he inched closer to Lily who was obviously on the brink of tears.

"I wasn't going to tell you, okay. I was scared and I didn't want to get in trouble. I might have told you next week, maybe." She said as she sobbed while looking at me. Edward reached for her and pulled her into his embrace while turning to me to give me a dirty look.

"Of course you would have got in trouble, you got into a fight! If you had just told me, I wouldn't be as pissed as I am right now. I am your mother, I love you and I will protect you from Carmen or who ever that bitch is, but you need to trust me and tell me when something, like a fight, happens. I want you to go and get ready for bed. I will tell you what your punishment is tomorrow." She pulled away from Edward and stood up and walked towards her bedroom. She paused and turned around slowly.

"I'm really sorry." She turned around and went into her room and closed the door quietly.

"WOW! What the fuck was that Cameron?" Edward asked angrily as he stood so he didn't look up at me.

"Back off, I am not in the mood to deal with you." I said as I moved to walk away. He stepped in front of me and stopped me from walking away.

"She is 13-years-old, don't yell at her like that." He said through gritted teeth.

"All right you two, calm down." Ethan said as he placed his beer bottle down and stood up.

"I'm her parent and I will parent her the way I want to parent her." I spat back.

"I will not sit back and watch you yell at her like that." He poked a finger at my chest.

"You don't get a say and don't poke me." I said as I poked him back.

"Don't poke me!" Edward said as he poked my arm.

"Fuck you!" I had had enough and tackled him into the couch. We rebounded off the couch and fell to the ground with a loud bang.

"Cameron!" Ethan groaned.

"What do we do?" I heard Jack ask Ethan.

"Just let her get her anger out then pull them apart." I started landing punches into Edwards face, my police training proving useful. Edward put his hand up to block an on coming punch when his arm went too far and ended up connecting with my face. We both stopped and looked at each other wide eyed. Edward and I had had our fare share of fights over the years and not once had Edward ever really hit me hard enough to shock me. He was taller and bigger than me by size but it was common knowledge for him to never hit me.

I pulled back and felt a cool liquid run down my face. I reached my hand up to my face and sure enough I was bleeding. I went to punch him again until he grabbed both my arms and rolled over so I was pinned under him.

"Cameron, stop! You're bleeding." He got off me quickly and was soon greeted by a loud slap from Ethan.

"You idiot!" Ethan spat as he scolded Edward. Ethan came over to me and helped me sit up. I felt kind of dizzy.

"Mum are you okay?" Lily asked with tears in her eyes. I smiled to reassure her that I was okay but she still looked frightened.

"Jack get me a medical kit." Ethan said hurriedly as he held the tea towel to my cut cheek. A few minutes had passed and we all stayed quiet. Neither one of us wanting to talk first.

"There's nothing here." Jack said.

"Three doctors and not one of you have a medical kit?" Lily said exactly what I was thinking.

We all ended up hurrying over to the hospital to emergency. Just my luck, Dad was on and was extremely pissed when he entered the cubical.

"What in the world is going on?" He asked in a surprised voice. He walked over to Lily and kissed her on the forehead before coming to see what Ethan was doing. Ethan worked hurriedly, while Jack inspected Edwards wounds. We all stayed quiet as the tension built as none of us answered Dad's question. "Since no one is going to tell me what the hell happened, I want all of you in the staff room once you finish this up."

Soon enough Ethan managed to close the cut on my cheek and threw me a ice pack. Jack looked over Edward and gave him an ice pack also. Edward and I both sat in seats next to each other while Ethan, Jack and Lily stood away from us, not wanting to be apart of the telling off.

"Explain." Dad said. Edward and I looked at each other before he started to explain.

"Cameron came back from the parent teacher interview and she came in yelling at Lily because Lily got into a fight on Monday. Honestly Dad you should of heard the way she was yelling at Lily. She was yelling at Lily like she was a dog,"

"No I wasn't!" I interjected.

"Yes you were! And then she sent Lily to her room. I told her to please stop talking to Lily like that and she attacked me." Edward said.

"I did not attack you, you bloody drama queen! And you didn't say please. We got into an argument and then he poked me. So I poked him back and then he poked me and THEN I tackled him into the couch. Then he hit me." I said pointing to my cut. Dad looked between Edward and I before sighing.

"You two are the most...immature adult children in the world." He spat.

"BUT," Edward and I both said before Dad showed us who was the real boss.

"SHUT UP!" He banged his fists into the table and we both jumped in fright. "You have not only embarrassed yourselves but you have embarrassed Lily, Jack, Ethan and I. If you were both children I would've thought this behaviour was okay, but you're not. You two are grown adults and you're behaviour has been disgusting. Go home and I will see you both tomorrow at breakfast for a family meeting. That will be all. Get out of my face." Dad said in a dangerously low voice. We all hurried out of the room and drove home in quiet silence.

When we got home Edward got his car and drove home, not before kissing Lily goodbye. Lily went to bed quietly. Ethan, Jack and I sat in the dining room in silence sipping on beers. We were all too shocked by the level of anger Dad had shown in the staff room. Before long we all called it quits and made our way to bed.

"Jack, can we talk about it?" I asked in a quiet voice once we were inside our room. He turned to me sharply and spoke quietly.

"No. Get changed and get into bed." He said firmly.

"But, I really want to,"

"Cameron, I said No. Get changed and get into bed." He said with a bit more force. I turned and opened my drawer that had my sleeping gown in and started to undress under the watchful eye of Jack. I slid the gown on and walked to the bed slipping under the covers quietly. Jack watched me carefully before removing his tie and then shirt.

"I'm going for a shower, I expect you to be asleep when I get back." I looked at him sadly.

"Please say something, Bobby-Lee use to not talk to me when he was obiviously angry and it drove me crazy." I begged. He sighed and slowly undid his belt.

"I'm dissapointed in you, Cameron. The way you yelled and swore at Lily was completely out of line. Edward was right, that is no way to talk to a 13-year-old. She made a mistake in not telling you but ripping into her like that was way beyond out of line. You've been her mother for two weeks, you're still strangers to eachother and treating her like that is not going to make the bond between you two grow stronger. Then the way you fought Edward, you both got hurt and your face is going to be bruised tomorrow. What were you thinking taking on someone much bigger than you? Don't answer that because you weren't thinking. I warned you outside before you came inside to calm down and make sure your thoughts were in order, but you came in here guns blazing. I'm so dissapointed and angry with you. So there you have it. Go to sleep, I'm going shower." He opened the door and closed it firmly. I sat staring at the door for a few minutes after he left processing what he had just said.

He was right, I shouldn't have yelled at Lily like that. I don't know what I'm doing and I can only model my parenting off my Mum and Dad. They're such great role models. I sat in the same position thinking about the telling off I was going to get from Mum and Dad.

Its so crazy that I'm a grown adult and I still fear my parents. My 'parents' that lied to me for 26-years about who my father was. I feel like absolute shit. I should check to see if Lily's all right. I think we both need to sleep it off.

10 minutes had passed and Jack finally came back into the room. He looked at me pointedly before getting dressed infront of me. If this was any other day I would've jumped his bones as his backside looked as though it were carved from the greek gods. But, he was angry at me and had every right to be. He pulled on briefs and then sweat pants before climbing into bed. He turned off his bedside lamp and stayed on his side before he turned his back to me. At this action I felt hurt and sad. I stared at his back for a few moments before I turned off my lamp and turned my back against his. I didn't want to cuddle anyway. Tears sprang to my eyes at the rejection and I waited for sleep to take over to end this horrible day. Before long the bed started moving and sure enough I felt Jack's arm reach out and pull me into his warm chest.

"I'm sorry." I wispered quietly to Jack.

"I know." He said as he kissed the back of my head. Sleep came quickly after that.

It was 3 in the morning and I was woken by someone shaking me.

"Mum. Mum." It was Lily standing over me looking desperate. I sat up quickly and turn the bedside lamp on.
"Lily, did you have a nightmare?" I asked hurriedly. Jack woke up also and was surprised to see Lily in our room.

"Lily are you okay?" Jack asked. She nodded her head and looked at the door contemplating whether she should run now. I reached out and held her hand hopefully giving her the support she needed to tell me what was wrong.

"I can't sleep." She stated almost embarrassed.

"Thats okay. Why don't you sleep in here with us?" She thought about it for moment before she nodded her head. She climbed over me and moved in between Jack and I. Jack had his arm out and she placed her head down onto it. She faced me and smiled before closing her eyes. Jack looked shocked before a big goofy smile entered his face. I understood what he was happy about. We both thought we should slowly bring him into the picture as her other Mum's boyfriend was horrible to her. We thought she would have a hard time adjusting to Jack but I guess she was all ready comfortable.

I reached for my phone to take a picture of Jack and Lily. I turned off the light and went back to sleep.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

11.1K 191 30
Sister Huxley, a new sister and midwife must face the challenges of a new town and home to help guide newly expectant mothers into a new dawn called...
23.3K 438 36
After Tessa is beaten by her mom's boyfriend she is dropped off at someone's doorstep. But not just anyone's. Kendall Schmidt finds her and ends up h...
138K 4.9K 40
Weddings can bring out the worst in the best of us. Cameron is a 26 year old police officer who can't seem to have a stable relationship with anyone...
106 16 8
Hi I'm y/n faith McFadden, I'm 20 and this is my story. I grew up in a foster home my whole life I never knew my birth parents. The McFadden my foste...