Tempt My Love - Book One (SYT...

By Lisadebells

Addison's career is her life, she travels to exotic destinations every other week. She thought she was fulfil... More

Tempt My Love
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINTEEEN
CHAPTER 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter Fourteen

5.3K 80 2
By Lisadebells

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Walking into Grand Bar and I was instantly impressed with the sexy suaveness of the room.  Lots of tall dark wooden tables and bar stools lined the main bar.  Smaller tables and chairs surrounded the outskirts of the room with low lighting creating mystery and privacy, perfect for secret dates or couples that were meeting for a lunch drink.  Each table was lit with a candle in small hurricane vase casting a serene glow on whoever sat at the table.

I walked to the far end of the bar and found a comfortable leather chesterfield lounge to sit at. Placing my shopping bags on the coffee table in front of me I admired the mahogany tables and parquetry flooring. 

A waitress took my order, I decided to indulge in some liquid courage in the form of a vodka martini pulling out my laptop while I waited for my drink...and the guest of honor.  

The waitress was back in a jiffy and placed my drink on a monogrammed hotel napkin. 

I sat my laptop on my lap and started typing away in the pages document, detailing the restaurant I ate at for lunch.  I added small exerps about the bar, the rooms, the staff of The Grand Hotel, I would elaborate tomorrow, possibly on the plane.  The plane that would take me away from Mr Midnight Blue.

It was 2:30 by the time I looked up from my notes.  He was late, I didn’t even have a cell number or email to contact him.  Maybe he’s not coming, I knew this was a possibility.  After all we were going no-where fast and today I was going to tell him so.  

The longer Ethan kept me waiting I resolved that last night was a one and only performance, there would be no encore of that ever happening again.  I was scowling and decided the only thing that would make me feel better was another drink.

I caught the eyes of the bartender holding up my drink and signaling one finger with my other hand.  They understood the secret language of ordering.  He had my drink to me in a jiffy and I wondered if he had already anticipated this next drink.  Damn you Ethan for not being here when you said you would  be. 

My martini was starting to have some affect on me and I was feeling mighty fine.  Well if I ever did see him again I would give him a piece of my mind.  This is the last time I would put myself out there. What was I thinking meeting him for a drink...?

I tossed down my second Martini and ordered my third when I saw a familiar tall framed man with dark tousled hair hurriedly approaching me.  Ethan, damn you and your dark sexy coolness! I scowled at him, I started to pack away my laptop to leave before my body betrayed me.

He was looking at me apologeticaly.  Midnight Blue eyes in full effect, I could not help but grimace further at him.  How dare he keep me waiting for forty minutes with not even getting a message to reception.  

“Ummm...sorry I’m a little late,” he said sitting down next to me with that breathtaking scent meshed with utter drop dead gorgeous looks and I was mad.  

“Yes well I have been forced to drink on my own and I cannot be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth...Im feeling a little tipsy,” with that a dainty hiccup came out.

Now it was Ethan’s turn to scowl.  “Have you eaten lunch Addison?”

“A light lunch with my mother.” What was it to him? I'm the cranky one right now and I have very right to be. 

“You shouldn’t be drinking without some snacks at least,” how is it possible I feel like a naughty school girl.

“Maybe if you were here on time you would have ordered for me as you did breakfast, I’m tired Ethan, I’ve had a long day and I’m leaving,” holy cow what was wrong with me,? I stood up to leave and started gathering my belongings when I felt a warm firm hand around my wrist.   

“I had problems at the office...they cannot be foreseen Ms Bates.  I am deeply...deeply sorry that you waited for me.” He said nuzzling my neck and sucking in a deep breath. 

“Mr Knight, you had every opportunity to send me a message, I have been waiting almost an hour.”

“I promise to make it up to you if you give me just one more chance,” his eyes empathic and as blue as the ocean.  I took a deep breath and found myself in a forgiving mood.  What was this man doing to me, the opposite sex have never had this effect. 

"Will you order some food Ethan? And some drinks as you do have some catching up to do."  My mothers words were ringing in my ears, “explore the possibilities even if it seems it won’t go anywhere.” 

Ethan walked over to the bar to order giving me an opportunity to look at him from the back.  His slim waist and athletic built created the perfect V formation, from his lush firm butt down to the hem of his slacks his thighs were powerfully built.  

He was quite the charmer too, smiling and making small talk with the barman.  Walking back I noticed his top two shirt buttons were undone and his tie was loosened haphazardly,  his toned brown forearms were revealed under his rolled up shirt sleeves.  He did look a little strained which made me wonder if it really was a tough day at the office.  

Sitting back down close to me he touched my cheek with the back of his hand looking deep into my eyes.  Pulling me closer to him with his other around my back.

“I haven’t thought of anything but you all day,” he said in earnest.

“Must be something in the water...,” I whispered.  That was all it took, I was lost in his eyes, in him.  I didn’t care about the past, present or future.  There wasn’t one, I was living in the moment, my mind and body were once again under his spell.

Our lips met in one fluid motion and we kissed softly and sweetly.  My resolve was melting, I was melting into his arms and wanting to explore his mouth. I ran my tongue on the inside of his bottom lip and he responded, gently bitting my bottom lip.  A soft moan escaped me. 

Ethan pulled me away from him looking into my eyes with passion.  I didn’t know if I was feeling so forward because of the 2 drinks I had consumed or if it was my new cocktail...Baby Blue Eyes.

“You do know how to kiss a man Ms Bates...that was some greeting...so much friendlier than the look you gave me when I first walked in,” he said sitting into the comfortable chesterfield and crossing his long legs.  I think he was mocking me.

“I hope your not complaining Mr Knight,” I turned to my handbag and whipped out my lip gloss, expertly dabbing the red gloss on my lips with my finger.  

“No right minded man would be if they were in my position...tell me what you did today?” He asked giving me his full attention.  

The drinks and a cheese platter arrived.  Ethan picked up a crisp bread and applied the cheese expertly popping it in his mouth.  Then preparing another for myself, I opened my mouth and let him put it in.  The combination of the soft cheese with apple was divine.  I washed it down with a sip of my martini.

“I met with my boss at his office...I have the itinerary for my next 6 months abroad,” I said proudly, I loved my job and it showed.  “I am off to some amazing places...”. 

"Is that so...well do tell."  So I proceeded to tell Ethan about where I was headed next. We ate and drank and talked about some of the countries we had travelled to. I had to admit we did have a lot in common.  Maybe it was fate that caused us to collide two nights ago. 

I was curious to know more about his work, he didn't really elaborate last night at dinner.  I wouldn't probe him about it now. I would have to guess he was highly thought of if he was responsible for trouble shooting for an international shipping empire. I must ask him the name...

“Have your flight details remained the same for tomorrow,” he snapped me out of my reverie, did he look slightly dismayed?

“They haven’t changed...3pm at Mascot.” Saying the words to him out loud I realized that I didn’t want to leave, how could I catch a plane and be on the other side of the world and so far away from this man.  He picked up a lock of my long hair and twisting it absentmindedly, giving me butterflies. 

“Change them?” 

"WHAT I can’t...wait - you don’t want me to go?” This was crazy.  What was happening?

“I can’t imagine waking up on tuesday and not seeing your beautiful face, I know it's presumptuous of me - if  you really want to know,” He kissed me chastely on the lips.  “I'm not ready for this to end yet."  Whispering his last few words on my lips.  

I felt light headed, what could be possible see in me more than the amazing sex.  

This was madness!! “I have to be in the Caribbean five days, I couldn’t possibly change flights now...there would be a cancelation fee...and who's to say there would be a flight available,” Oh my I was rambling now, I think I am in shock that he would ask me to stay and for the reason he just gave me even more so.

Ethan had a questioning look in his eye. “Ok how about if I can change your flights and get you to the Caribbean on your original flight from the US...I will pay all the fees, seeming it was my idea, what would you say?” He took a sip of his drink looking business sexy cool.  He was way to cool for me.

What would I say?  The thought of leaving tomorrow was killing me softly, thinking back to what I agreed to do, living in the moment was proving arduous.  Did I really want to spend more time with him? Absolutely without question I did.

Sky blue on midnight blue...the electricity sparked between us, I felt the now familiar clench of my stomach muscles at the thought of more time with Ethan.  This was an adventure, it was fun and sexy and I wanted more. 

“Yes...I would say yes,” I said quickly before I changed my mind.  Ethan let his breath out, "One condition, I pay." I hadn’t realized he was holding it.  He pulled his cell phone out of his top pocket and began punching into it.  Taking another sip of his drink I wondered if he always looked this way when he worked.

“Right answer Ms Bates...drink that and eat this, I have plans for us,” Oh so bossy, he offered me another cracker while he prepared another tasty bite.

“Im beginning to think yes was the only answer you would have taken...you seem quite the domineering type Mr Knight.” 

"Oh that I am and to hell with your conditions its on me."

"I won't allow you...."

Saved by the bell, his mobile rang and he answered, talking quickly and in clipped tones he wanted to know the when, where and how of it all.  It was like he was knocking out a business deal.  He hung up not saying good-bye and turned to me with the goofiest grin on his beautiful face.

“Done...your mine for two more days,” he looked delighted.  And me on the other hand, felt a little...scared, apprehensive... “Addison, you don’t have to stay,”  Looking at me with serious stormy blue eyes.  He was giving me an out, a chance to run and leave him...but why?  He obviously wanted me to stay longer after all the trouble he had gone to keep me here for an extra two nights. I really wanted to get to know the man behind those midnight blue eyes. 

I took his mobile from him and placed it on the table, deliberately taking my time I took both of his hands and placed them on my hips.  So brazen of me, I was getting good at this.

“Yours...for 48 hours - who are you Ethan Knight?”  I said shaking my head.  I was in awe of him and in his presence.  So authoritative one moment, tender the next, when he was kissing me, dangerous and seductive as hell when we were in bed together. 

That sexy dangerous look crosses his face as his blues darted across my face beseechingly.  "You would never guess Addison Bates..."

It was at that moment when it struck me, two days would never be enough.

Chapter 15 is going to get a little hot and sexy...its rated M possibly R.

Please vote and comment.

Happy reading

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.6K 29
I believed that fate doesn't exist. I knew that love can be brutal. And chemistry at first sight? Pure delusion. Until he came along... Determined an...
179K 7.7K 45
I was ruthless and she was was wrecked by her past. I never thought twice of anything but I did of her. I wanted her but she was too scared to ne...
23.3K 828 27
Leo's life was perfect. A promising future, a wealthy inheritance, a loving family, and a beautiful girlfriend. And then she came. And his life for...
5.4K 216 39
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...