Qulsum

By Royal7

Qulsum Abi is going through a lot. Her step mother only favors Qulsum's step sisters and brother Worst part i... More

Meeting at the wedding.
Moving on
Anger Management
The guests
Road trip.
Camping.
Gold Diggers.
Fear of Flying
Homesick
Tired of him.
One Call
Exploring Belgium
Bye-Bye Belgium
The man in the gray suit
He's an Editor
She kicked him out!
Opening secret.
His truth.
Her wise words
Queen Aliza
Love Interview?
Its Enough.
Qulsum's love life
Hidden tear
Trust issues
The editors invitation
Am I Attractive?
Unwanted guest.
A step out of the house
Stuck
Progress
10 years
Taking a Stand
Dinner
Opened like a book
Real Talk
Friends?
Breakdown.
Depressed
Alone
Other women?
Threat
Phone call
Truth
Lost
Deep Conversations
News
Changes.
Normal
Stop
Split
Phone call
Kids?
New house
Mrs.Rami
Job
Let's Keep it Professional
Heavy Rain
Storm.
THE END!

Qulsum

44.7K 1.5K 165
By Royal7

Ever hear of cinderella?
Well if not let me explain though my life is a bit different.

When I was 5 my mom lost her memory and she became very sick, not long after she passed away. At that time my mom was everything to me,and I'm sure if she were here right now she'd still be my everything.

My dad was very soft with me and after my mom's death he became very protective and always tried his best to get me whatever I wanted because he was afraid to lose me as well.He always tried to keep me happy.

But a couple years passed until he married another woman that too for my sake. I was 12 when he married my step mother.

At first I thought she was amazing until a couple weeks later my dad started to work again and I was left alone with her and her kids. I always thought of them as my siblings though they didn't like me very much. I realized that my step family weren't too fond of me.

My step mother has three of her own children. Aliza, Danish and Zainab. Aliza being the eldest Danish the middle and Zainab the youngest.

When we were young Zainab had some mercy on me. She was mean but not as mean as the other two.

Whenever my dad would go for work my step mom always made me clean up after my siblings and whenever Zainab pissed her pants she'd make me wash her pants by hand. Yes Zainab peed in her pants when she was 9 she seemed to have some problem.

Whatever the case, my mother did not tolerate any sort of disobedience from me. If I ever lied to her she would kick me out of the house for hours and make me starve.To make it worse she'd make her kids eat in front of me from the window just to...make me feel bad.

She never told me directly that she hated me. As we got older Aliza became really mean like extremely mean. She'd invite her friends and humiliate me by making me serve them food and made me into a rack by telling her friends to toss there jackets at me.

I remember she made me wait outside her room and ring the bell when she needed something. I couldn't do anything because she'd go to her mom and tell her I hit her or some lie and then I'd be punished. Her punishments were horrible, She made me take all the dirty clothes down, She'd take away any gift my dad brought for me and threw it away or give it to her kids. She would keep me in the house without breathing the outside world.

One time I didn't listen to Aliza and she took me to the bathroom in front of her friends and shoved my head in the toilet. They laughed and they all thought it was funny little did they know that every time they laughed at me they were breaking me inside.

Danish use to hit me a lot. He had a really bad temper and when he lost or if his mom yelled at him which she rarely did he'd push me around and hit me with blocks.

I told my father a bunch of times. But he just laughed. He was no longer that protecting father he use to be. He thought she took care of me. Once I borrowed a video camera from Danish and recorded them so I could show my dad. But Danish realized it was missing and I went to hide it but he caught me and He beat me up really bad and my mom yelled and yelled and hit me really really bad.

In school I was great. I had friends I never let my struggles at home effect me because It's useless bringing bad memories up.

I tried to convince my dad to send me somewhere but he couldn't leave me.

I'm not the type that stays silent but now I have no say in anything because I've been humiliated verbally abused and beaten a lot. I don't act like some depressed weak little girl who complains about everything. Quite frankly I think it's just the harsh reality of life.

You meet people who are screwed up and you wish you could change some things. It's not like I'm the only one who gets hit though I might be hit a little more harshly a lot of kids get beaten up by there parents it's not for the sake of hitting but maybe just for discipline, they don't end up taking some sort of councilling or therapy or pills so why should I? I think alot of times people take things too seriously and just maybe want attention.

Obviously I don't like being pushed around and bullied but I know things will get better I have trust in Allah. Every once in a while I do take things in my own hands. Even though I end up being punished afterwards I feel its worth it.

The one thing that really pissed me off was when my step mom or siblings mentioned things about my real mom.

They said awful things and that was when I beat them up so bad I left bruises on them. But that caused more trouble because when my dad got back home I was in trouble. See they were smart. they had plans.

My life is hectic, and I'd do anything to leave. I wish I could run away but I have no money and no where to go. Therefore it makes no difference.

I know things will get better I've got trust in Allah and that's what matters.

-

"Qulsum!" Zainab shouted.

I quickly shut my book and got up.

"Yeah?"

"What the hell are you doing. Someones here to see you get down before I tell Danish-"

"I'm coming." I quickly say and follow her down.
I have a feeling I'm gonna get yelled at.

My mom stood there glaring at me I looked to the the couch and a woman sat there.

"This is Qulsum. Qulsum say Salam to Aunty Amina. Zainab go bring some thing for aunty." My mom said.

Well look whose finally doing work.

"Aren't you a beauty." Aunty Amina said and I looked at her suspiciously. Some thing here wasn't right.

"Yeah. Even though I didn't give birth to her she's my daughter I treat her like my own and I don't know where I'd be without her." My mom says. I turn to look at her completely shocked. What the hell? Does she think I'm Aliza?

"I can see that. Qulsum how are you?"

"Good Alhamdulillah, and you?"

"I'm fine. So how old are you?" She asks.

"19. I've graduated." I say with a smile.

"That's great it's time you get married don't you think." She says.
"Uhhh...I ..." I say looking around to hope for an answer.

"Don't be so formal with me you can think of me as your mom okay?" She says cupping my cheeks. But I barely know you. But something about her makes me feel a lot better then being with them...

"You know when you and your family went to Asifa's wedding?" She asks and I nod.

"I saw you guys and heard good things so I decided to come and just meet you all I hope I didn't scare you." She says with a beautiful smile

"No not at all,guests are blessings from Allah." I say.

"What do you plan on becoming?" She asks.
"Um.. An author. I like to write."

"She's just joking she's gonna be a doctor." My mom says and aunty Amina laughs.

"Whatever she becomes I have no problem."

I was confused. Why would she have a problem with what I become?

"Anyway Qulsum I really like you and I want to ask for your hand in marriage for my son." She says and I stare at her.
I heard my mom murmur Alahamdulillah under her breath.

I nod and smile. Not knowing how to respond.

"Of course she'll yes." My mother says. Of course cause I'm her and Her decides.

"I better leave for now I'll come next week and I'm sure she'll think about my offer yes?" She looks towards me and I nod.

"I will. " I say and she smiles and hugs me and follows my mom out.
-

I have no reason to object the moment I've been waiting for to able to leave is finally here.I really don't care who I'm getting married to as long as he's a Muslim. A good one. If he's ugly or poor or lazy or stupid or short or out of shape or I don't know anything I don't care. Good Muslim equals I'm ready, I am one hell of a desperate adult. Getting married for freedom.

I think I'm worse than Aliza whose always begging to get married but my mom always gives me looks and tells her I have to get married first.

I'm pretty sure they just don't want me to become something in my life so they wanna marry me off to some loser but that loser is way better than them not to be rude though I think I'd miss them and there stupid schemes. Still family right?

"Qulsum after all these years some one finally decided to marry you, Alham dulillah! Now go pray two rak 'as of shukr. It's been years!"

"You realize I'm 19 right? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been years..." I say under my breath. My mom gives me a glare.

"Well it sure seems like it, now shut up or I'll call Danish, if you ever talk back to me like that. Your mouth is getting bigger by day." She says as she heads out.

Zainab and Aliza walk to me and stand in front of me with fake smiles and then dirty looks.

"It surprises me that someone has actually decided to marry you." Zainab says with an attitude.

"Wow that poor guy, he must've felt really bad for you! After all you look like some pathetic girl on the streets. I don't know what you're doing here." Aliza says giving me a fake smile and they turn to walk away and Aliza stops before heading up.

"Oh yeah and Danish's friend is coming over, go clean his room and get some snacks ready, oh and if you're feeling generous put a paper bag over your face, it's rude to show a guest something so hideous and scaring them!" She says laughing.

I look down and Imagine me just knocking her head off.

"What are you staring at? Go!" She says and I head up.

Great another dump yard.

I knock on his door and he yells come in after a couple seconds.

"Finally! Omer is gonna be here soon. Get to work." He says as he sits there playing on his stupid Ps 4. Which my dad bought him! Yes I do call him MY dad. Because their mom has never accepted me.

I pick up his dirty sweaty clothes off the ground and toss them in the basket. Until I reach upon his Boxers. This was a first. I stare at him until he pauses his game and looks at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you why are you staring at me like some dog."

"Why don't you come take a look yourself." I say folding my arms and he crawls on his bed and looks at the ground.

"Just pick it up. Stop acting like a dramatic queen." He says going back to his games.

I ignore him and throw away his wrappers paper cups and plates his papers and work. After some time I finally finish. Now for the bed sheets and I'm good to go. I leave knowing that he'll just get mad and say no because he can't waste his time getting off.

-

I hop on to the couch and lay down. Finally sleep. The one time I can live in peace.

-

I woke up early and made breakfast for Aliza and Danish. I banged on each of there doors before heading down.

Danish came down and stares at me.
"Where are my car keys?" He asks with his raised voice.
"On your table where else?"

"They're not there. Where'd you put them?" He asks angrily.

"On the table!"

"They're not there. Go find them before I kick you out in two seconds. Get the hell out of the kitchen and get my keys or I'll take you by your throat and choke you to death.

He calls me dramatic when he's ready to kill someone for keys. That's very humanly.

I walk upstairs and check on the table. What an idiot. I walk downstairs and I could hear him on the phone he looks at me and walks towards me.

"Give me those!" He says aggressively grabbing the keys out of my hands and then walks off.

-

"Qulsum Amina's coming. Go make your self look decent and listen, this time match your hijab with your clothes you look like some street gangster." She mumbles the last part and I head up.

I wear some decent clothes and the two devils walk in.

"I hear your fiancé is old and ugly and takes a shit every five minutes!"they both burst out into laughter. Even if he is its better than staying here. A million times better. I laughed along actually. The ending part was funny.

"Really? Are you guys friends with him?" I ask.

"Are you crazy. We have more standards than that."

"Hey Aliza isn't it funny that the guy and her aren't gonna see each other until the day of their wedding" Zainab says pretending to act mature.

"Huh? That is weird. But again she's lucky because if the guy saw her now he'll say no. Atleast now she'll be gone and some other families gonna be stuck with her." Aliza says laughing.

"Aw But whose gonna be our new servant? This ones leaving." She says raising her eyebrows. They need to seriously reflect on what an ugly character they have towards me.

"Aw that's too bad I'm gonna miss her cleaning the toilets all day." Aliza says.

"What's going on?" Danish says walking in.

"Nothing we're just telling our servant that we're gonna miss her." Aliza says.

"Oh come on guys. She's leaving we can be nice to her for a couple days." Danish says.

"Yeah right. Maybe if she was nice to us we'd be nice to her." Zainab says rolling her eyes.

"We're gonna miss you " danish says walking towards me to give me a hug but I move away.

First of all he's my step brother so it'd be wrong to hug him. And second he's ruined my life for all these years I wouldn't even shake hands with him after all the bull shit I've dealt with because of these fools.

Call me crazy. But I'm still gonna miss them.

"Don't hug her Danish. You know what ma said. And besides why're you being so nice all the sudden?"

"She's going to a rich house she's obviously gonna give us money as a gift" Danish says smiling.

I wish I could donate some humbleness to them.

"Anyway get your Ass down stairs. I have more things to do then waste my precious time talking to you." Zainab says.

"Okay. Are you done?" I ask and Zainab walks up to me.

"B*tch don't talk back to us or your gonna regret it." She says and they leave.

-

That is it for this one hope you guys enjoyed.

Lemme know what you think? 

Don't forget to VOTE

Be Loyal and Stay Royal~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 926 18
Dedicated to Yumhaj❤️ Wahaj Ali and Yumna Zaidi. He is handsome and she is cute. He is polite but she is arrogant. But she was not like this. She use...
937K 43.3K 49
" I do!!" She said in shaky tone. It was still unbelievable for her that her dad made her deal with a Mafia king just for some pennys. She could see...
73.7K 3.5K 54
When you went to Pakistan to attend your step sister's wedding but you got married to the groom as your so called step sister ran away with her boyfr...
24.2K 1.2K 69
STAND BY ME❤️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...