Super

By chameleonsrule

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin." - A... More

Copyright Statement
PART ONE
Prologue - The Curious Case of Grace Williams
1 - There's A Reason I'm Invisible
2 - Let The Cat Out of The Bag - Literally
3 - A Hero Unmasked
4 - I Only Spoon Two Guys: Ben and Jerry
5 - It's A Watch, Not A Time Bomb
6 - Make Up Is My Mask
7 - As Luck Would Have It
8 - pt 1 - Balls of Steel
8 - pt 2 - The Levitating Buddah
9 - Flame On
10 - You Burn Down A School One Time...
11 - Spiders
12 - Suction Cup Powers
13 - pt1 - The Internship
13 - pt2 - That Guy
14 - Sincerely, Obsidian Black
15 - Gayland's Checking Out My Date
PART TWO
16 - No, I GLIDED Into The Window
17 - pt 1 - I'm A Teenager, Not A Therapist
17 - pt 2 - Smarty Pants
18 - Don't Brag Drezzy-Poo
20 - Earth To Wonder Woman
21 - You're Like Eeyore On Heroine
22 - Cool As A Fucking Cucumber
23 - One Does Not Ignore A Sex God
24 - Badass Peter Pan
25 - The Short Second Life Of...
26 - I'm Voldemort Now? Fan-Fucking-Tastic
27 - My First Thought? Throw Soap At It
28 - Think The Cucumber. BE The Cucumber
29 - Felt A Disturbance In The Force, Luke?
30 - A Sacrifice To The Mayan Gods
30 1/2 - Manifest Destiny
PART THREE
31 - pt 1 - Hello...
31 - pt 2 - My Knights In Shining Spandex
32 - J.R.R. Tolkitten
33 - NO CAPES!
34 - She Loved Me?
35 - I'm Basically A Chameleon
36 - Girl Power
37 - Good Pep Talk, Hawkeye
38 - pt 1 - Tick Tick Boom
38 - pt 2 - Light It Up
39 - See You Again
Heartbreak Hero - Prologue
Heartbreak Hero News Update
SNAPCHAT?!?!
I HAVE MADE A SNAPCHAT!!!
BONUS CH - Annie's Christmas Adventure
Getting Published!!!

19 - Some Idiot In Tights

15.2K 896 980
By chameleonsrule

Word count: 5,386 (you're. fucking. welcome.)

"I used to advertise my loyalty and I don't believe there is a single person I loved that I didn't eventually betray."

– Albert Camus

Recap: 

Seven lines were carved into the stonewall next to me, one for each year, apparently. The rest of the cell stank like pee and my cellmate was looking at me with an expression very similar to one I'd seen on Discovery Channel of a lion eyeing up its prey. I gulped.

Outside the cell, Finn paced impatiently, raking his long fingers through his strawberry-blonde hair. It didn't help that all he seemed to be able to mutter was obscenities. His brother had left ages ago, giving up on trying to get Finn to leave me, but being the sweet guy he was, Finn stayed glued to my cell bars. Finally, there was a loud buzz and a door next to Finn slid open with a screech. He didn't even flinch. I, on the other hand, cowered further into my stonewall, finding refuge in the jagged lines carved next to my ear.

"Annabelle Collins?" A scratchy voice asked. The man it belonged to didn't bother looking up from his clipboard as he stood outside my cell. Even my cellmate had stopped licking her lips at me to watch him in curiosity.

"Um, y-yeah?" I stuttered, trying to sound composed, but instead sounding like I was standing in the frozen tundra in nothing but a bathing suit. That's how badly my teeth were chattering.

"Someone's here for you."

"Who's here to see me?" I asked the bored-looking guard with the clipboard. Luckily, there was only one other inmate in my holding cell. Unfortunately, she looked like she was about to eat me.

Dresden and Finn had both gotten bailed out. Dresden hadn't been wrong about his mom being pissed off. In fact, she had dragged him out by the ear. I had never laughed so hard in my life. Needless to say, his mom shot me a glare, shook a finger at me, and left, threatening to tell my mother.

As for Finn, he got off lucky. Instead of his parents picking him up, it had been his older brother, Jason, who answered the phone. Jason drove down to bail out his brother and Finn's mom never even found out. Mine, however, had answered straight away, and unfortunately Terry wasn't there to cover for me, off on some stupid mission for President Xavier.

Now, Finn, my weird ass cellmate, and I stared at the guard expectantly. She kept muttering something about the whole seven scratches representing each year she'd been in jail, but I mean, it was a holding cell. Did she think I was that stupid?

"Who is it?" I asked again, trying to keep the tremble out of my voice.

"Some idiot in tights," the guard rolled his eyes, stepping aside to let in my visitor. Finn and I gasped simultaneously while my inmate smirked at my fear, giving me a look as if to say fresh meat. I half expected her to pull out a fork and a knife. For once, I didn't even notice the taunting way she licked her lips as I watched him step into the room.

One boot stepped over the threshold and then the other before he reclined against the doorframe and crossed his long, muscular legs out in front of him, obviously getting comfortable as he stared at me with his eyebrow raised challengingly. My eyes roamed up his body as I took in the skin-tight spandex that hugged his every groove. Black material strained against his biceps as he crossed his arms and tilted his chin at me. Everything about him screamed laid-back arrogance as he gave me an easy smile and winked.

"Actually, it's spandex," he gave the guard a pointed look and for a second, the guard almost looked nervous.

"Whatever, you have twenty minutes," he grunted and left to keep watch on the other side of the large metallic door that separated the holding cells from freedom. The Invisible Hand turned his attention back on me.

"Huh, I was right," IH mused, wetting his lips, "you really can't stay out of trouble." The smoky spandex somehow made the room around him seem darker. Apart from the thin, leather band that stretched across his eyes, IH's face was on full display, his grin revealing a childish set of dimples that almost gave him a flair of innocence. Finn's jaw dropped to the ground and IH smirked, pushing off the doorframe and crossing to close his mouth for him.

"Really, Finn, you'll catch flies," he tutted. How he knew Finn, I didn't even want to know. Up until this moment, the two had never come face to face.

I finally seemed to snap out of it as I waved at the guard. "Hey! What are you doing? He's a wanted criminal! Arrest him!" Even as I screamed at him, I knew the guard would look at me crazily. After all, I was the girl who had been hanging out with this very super for the past couple months. His name had been cleared ages ago when he helped everyone at the school escape and the media saw that the supers actually trusted him. Nobody knew he was really a traitor after all except us. That news was more recent and unfortunately, more private. I clenched my fists at my side. Even my cellmate was distracted from me as she watched IH hungrily.

IH cocked his head like a puppy as he turned to look at me, "aren't you happy to see me?"

In two strides, he had closed the gap between him and the cell bars. Now, he towered over me, his hands wrapped over mine on the bars and in a weird way, we were holding hands as his peppermint breath fanned over me.

"I'm going to get you out of here," he whispered, his eyes darting around before he teleported next to me. I screamed and stumbled back, straight into my crazy inmate's open arms. Letting out a strangled cry at her satisfactory smirk, I leapt as far away from her as I could before IH grabbed my wrist and suddenly we were standing outside on the dark street, lit up only by street lights and the occasional glow of a cell phone as some New Yorker walked by. It was after one in the morning and the street was almost deserted of people. Only taxis and the sporadic car zipped by and that was mainly on the avenues, not the streets.

"What are you doing?" My voice cracked, "I'm going to get in so much trouble! They know who I am, idiot! I'll get arrested all over again for breaking out."

"You're welcome," IH rolled his eyes. I blanched. Did he really not hear what I just said? "You know, we never got to talk about Ciaran."

"What about Ciaran?" I asked, trying to contain my annoyance, "we don't have time to talk about Ciaran!"

"Yes we do," IH gestured around, "I don't see anyone out here, do you?"

"IH–"

"You really need a better name for me than that," he chuckled.

"How about you tell me your real name then?"

"Not a chance," he winked.

"Stop winking at me!"

"Aw, but it's so fun," he pouted, his blue eyes sparkling mischievously. But something about them was off.

"You're wearing contacts," I noted. Either he had just come from his human life and didn't have the time to take them out, or... "No. HELL NO!" I shouted.

"What?" IH looked less startled than I had expected him to and instead, more amused.

"You're... You can't be... No... No you can't–"

"ANNIE!" IH waved in my face, "get a grip! Whoever you think I am, I can assure you, I'm not."

"Wha– why not?" I stammered, trying to get my emotions under control. Could he have possibly not had time to take out his contacts because maybe he had come straight from getting bailed out of jail? If IH was really Dresden Fox and he could read my thoughts, there would be no way he could keep his face blank at my racing mind. If he was really Dresden, he'd be cracking up at all the theories going through my brain, right? Right? RIGHT?

"Can we just talk about Ciaran?" IH sighed.

"Can we not?"

"Did you have fun?"

"Maybe."

"Did you kiss? Or do something romantic?"

"Maybe."

"Well did you enjoy it?"

"Maybe."

"Are you going out with him again?"

"Maybe."

"ANNIE!" IH shouted, throwing his arms up. He walked away from me, his back tensing up as he visibly tried to calm himself down. From the back, I definitely had a good view. His shoulder and back muscles were well defined by the slimming black suit and his–

Before I could register what was happening, IH had spun on his heel and was marching back towards me. I opened my mouth to say something, but stopped when IH crashed his lips down on mine. Stunned, I let him kiss me. My eyes fluttered closed as I kissed him back, lips moving against his as he nibbled my lower lip and I had to resist the moan that involuntarily bubbled up from my throat. 

One of my hands wound itself around the back of his neck, my fingers tangling in his liquorice-black hair as he smiled against the kiss. IH gripped my hips, pulling me closer to him and causing me to stumble into him. I wanted to press myself up against him, I wanted to feel his toned body against mine, and I wanted to kiss him more, have him kiss my neck, my jaw, and my shoulder. I wanted so much, but he was a traitor, and I knew I couldn't have any of it. Just as I was about to push him off me, we were interrupted by a shout.

"There you guys–oh." I yanked myself away, but IH's hand had slipped down to the small of my back, and he pulled me back, kissing me once more before stepping away.

I touched my lips tentatively, still tasting his peppermint lips on mine. I gasped. PEPPERMINT!

"Ciaran?" I whispered, confused. If IH was surprised by my realisation, he didn't say anything. Instead, he only laughed. 

"You really think I'm Ciaran, don't you." It wasn't a question.

"What?" I frowned. Everything about him being Ciaran added up. "Ciaran asked me out right around the time you and I got close," I pointed out.

IH shrugged it off as, "coincidence."

"You both smell like peppermint!" I was growing hysterical, desperate to put a name to the face.

"Annie, I'm pretty sure Ciaran isn't the only guy at our school who buys gum," IH mused and then added, "or Tic Tacs." He started laughing all over again. "And here I was thinking you thought I was Dresden. Your theories are cute, Annie, but you couldn't be further from the truth!"

"Well if you're not Dresden, and you're not Ciaran, who are you?" I asked, but IH was already disappearing, his body fading out of existence. The last I saw of him was one of his forget-me-not blue eyes wink at me and his Cheshire grin vanish into the darkness.

"Well..." Finn let out his breath, "that was weird."

***

Less than an hour later, Finn and I sat cross-legged on my bed, facing five other supers as we recounted what had happened. It was well past two-thirty in the morning and everyone was yawning and rubbing the sleep out of our eyes. Superheroes or not, all of us still had to go to school tomorrow (or I guess, later today). Luckily I didn't have my internship on Wednesdays so I'd be able to go straight home from school and take a nap.

"I'll walk you home, Finn," the Claw offered and earned a sleepy smile from her future husband. Finn's strawberry-blonde hair was mussed in that I-just-had-sex kind of way and his green eyes sparkled from fatigue. He looked like he had just woken up and he was adorable and hot all at once. I snuck a glance at the Claw, only to see that she was practically melting. 

Everyone exchanged knowing looks before departing, either by window or front door, like a normal human being. Luckily my dad wasn't home and my mom was still at the police station, probably wondering how the hell I had escaped from my holding cell. I knew that when she would get home, I was beyond screwed.

Finally, it was just me. I collapsed on my bed in exhaustion. Today had been... eventful. Not only had Dresden been quizzing me on my love life, but so had IH. I tossed and turned for about half an hour, counting sheep, counting backwards from one hundred, and trying every possible sleep method I could before finally giving up and going on my phone.

"You know, I've heard those things are bad for your nose," a voice mused from the shadows and I gasped and dropped my phone on – shocker – my nose. I glared at the intruder, tempted to throw my phone at him and make him suffer a nosebleed too.

"God dammit, Ciaran, I got another nosebleed," I whined, clutching my bleeding nose before swinging my legs out of bed and trudging over to the bathroom. 

"I already told you. I'm not Ciaran," IH mumbled, but followed me anyway.

Fumbling for the light switch on the wall, IH and I found it at the same time. I yanked my hand back while he just chuckled and flipped on the light. I stared dejectedly at my reflection. A trickle of syrupy red blood oozed from my nose and my light brown hair stuck up in crazy directions. Meanwhile, IH just laughed at my reflection, tucking a strand of my wild hair behind my ear before meeting my eyes in the mirror.

"You're such a mess," he whispered humorously. I scowled back at him as he kissed my neck, "but you're my mess."

I whirled on him, "actually, you've lost the right to say that."

"Annie–"

For a second, the Invisible Hand actually looked lost, and what's more, he looked guilty. His face stripped of arrogance and smirks, he almost looked ten years younger. The only word to describe his expression now was naive.

"Yeah?" I asked flippantly, trying to sound uninterested.

"I know we're on two different sides here," he said quietly, watching my reflection to gauge my reaction, "but we could make it work."

I sucked in a breath. Funny, a week ago, it had been me trying to convince him of that. What was I supposed to say now? Oh sure, you only sold out my friends and made me lose nearly everything and everyone who's important to me, including you, but I forgive you! Yeah, not happening.

"Please Annie," IH pleaded, "you know I'm the same person. Only my loyalties have changed - and even then, I was always bad before, you just didn't know. I'm still the same idiot that always makes you drop your phone on your face." 

What I was afraid to admit was that I knew he was right. Even when I thought the Invisible Hand was secretly good, he was still the same person. I guess that's because he never actually changed – he was bad from the get go – but it still hurt knowing that he was still the boy who showed up in my room at crazy hours of the night, and he was there when I nursed the nosebleeds that ensued, always chuckling at my clumsiness. He was the same guy that teased me or kissed me spontaneously or laughed in my face at all the theories of his secret identity. He was still the same Invisible Hand and I was still the same Annabelle, so what was the problem?

Seeing my wavering expression, he took a deep breath and asked, "is this about your date with Ciaran?"

I shook my head and slowly released the breath I hadn't known I was holding before whispering, "sorry..." I shook my head, "it's too late."

***

Lodestone's P.O.V.

"Meal time," a familiar voice said from the doorway. My head snapped up and I sighed, my eyes flicking back to the ground.

"Go away, IH. It's four in the morning."

"Come on, Ardie," he said quietly. It made me angry how he thought he could call me by my name. When I wore my suit and my mask, I was Lodestone, no questions asked. The only other two people who knew my secret identity were Annie and Lila. Sure, the other supers had seen me without a mask, but none of them knew my name. None except the cocky son of a bitch who always tried to convince me he was on my side even though he just stood by and watched H2O work her evil on me.

"At least eat some bread," IH coaxed. I gave in when my stomach rumbled in agreement, begging me to eat something. I snatched the slice of bread from IH's outstretched fingers and nibbled at it.

"Are you kidding me?" I spat it out, "this tastes like concrete!"

"It's Wonder bread," IH blanched.

"Well that explains it," I sighed. Even tortured and kidnapped in some underground stone prison, I still couldn't escape my school's cafeteria food. Dammit.

IH surprised me. He sat down cross-legged and leant back against the stonewall, watching me with a pensive expression.

"What?" I finally snapped, growing defensive. He was sizing me up, but not in a challenging way; more like a can-I-trust-you kind of way.

After a long silence, IH finally muttered, "nothing," stood up, and walked out.

***

Annie's P.O.V.

Surprisingly, I woke up a good seven minutes before my alarm went off. Unsurprisingly, my mom was waiting for me in the kitchen as I trudged in, still battling my crazy bed head. I studied my feet guiltily and pulled out a box of Oreos from the cupboard as quietly as I could before sneaking my way towards the doors.

"Annabelle Marcy Collins," a stern voice screeched from the kitchen and I stopped in my tracks.

"Busted!" Sang my cousin Hunter as he suddenly appeared from the living room.

"Hi Hunter," I said, trying to stall my punishment.

"Annie, get in here!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Aunt Sarah and Uncle Elijah said I can stay with you guys this week because my school's off for conference days!" Hunter exclaimed proudly.

"Oh congrats, little man," I beamed.

"ANNIE!"

"COMING!" I shouted back before shooting Hunter an 'I'm so screwed' look as I bounded into the kitchen. "Morning mom!"

"Annabelle, what the hell were you doing breaking into your dad's old office last night?"

"I was feeling nostalgic," I shrugged. My mom glared disbelievingly at me. Before my dad had been elected mayor, he had been a senator and was always stressed. Whenever I got called to the school office, it was always he they called and not my mom. He always used to yell at me in that office. When he was elected mayor, though, he finally gave up his position as senator. The job had been taking too much of a toll on him and I think he was happy to retire to a less stressful job.

"Annie–" My mom warned.

"Mom, listen. I can't tell you everything right now, okay? All I can tell you is that dad was involved in some shit–"

"Language!"

"–Dad was involved in some stuff and it may have been for all the right reasons, but he went about it in all the wrong ways and – I digress. My point is, President Xavier's presidency is in danger and I needed to save my friends."

"That made no sense," Hunter chimed from behind me. I whirled around to find my cousin blinking up at me, his gaze fixed pointedly on the Oreos. I sighed and tossed them to him, determined to distract him while mom and I had our "grown up" talk. Glancing at the clock, I knew I was already late, but my mom deserved to know the truth.

"Okay, so here's the full story," I took a deep breath and began telling her everything from the very beginning. I told her about how dad had suspected President Xavier of harbouring illegal weapons and hired someone who would have no problem with spying on him: Vitelli. I told her about Grace Williams, Arson's older sister, who had been working for Vice President Rhodes and had the perfect opportunity to dish up dirt on the president. I told her about how Vitelli turned out to be a new super villain called Obsidian Black and that he wanted Xavier's presidency for himself so he turned IH against us. Then I told her about Lodestone getting tortured – the reason behind Lila's screaming a few nights ago – and my friends getting captured. "Last night we rescued them, and that's what I was doing in that building," I finished.

"Oh..." Was all my mom could think to say when I had finally finished.

"Annie?" Hunter asked, looking up from the empty Oreo box. My mom glared at me. Whoops... Guess I had forgotten that I gave him the whole box. Hunter was covered in black Oreo crumbs and he was clutching his stomach in a worrying way.

"Yeah, Hunt?"

"When can I see Gold Thrush again?"

"Again?" My mom narrowed her eyes.

"Oh yeah, Hunter met Gold Thrush," I added, laughing as I explained that story too.

"Alright," my mom pulled out a fifty from her purse and thrust it at me, "grab a taxi to school. I'll call them and tell them I let you oversleep. Call Lila and make sure she got home okay last night."

"Thanks mom," I beamed, snatching the money and skipping out of the room. Now I could spend fifty dollars on a taxi in rush hour, or I could keep the fifty dollars and call in a favour instead.

***

"Annie, you really need to find a more efficient way to contact us," Gold Thrush stressed as he rescued me from nearly falling down a work hole in the street. "Seriously, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were suicidal! The public is probably thinking the same thing."

"Well it's not like you keep your ear chips on 24/7," I grumbled.

"If we did, we'd have to listen to Bat Boy talk to himself," Gold laughed.

"Or sleep talk," I shuddered. I'd made the mistake of falling asleep with my ear chip on as Bat Boy did the same. Eventually I had to pull it out when I woke up to his sound effects to a dream in which he was hunting Bigfoot.

"And why's it always me who saves you?" Gold Thrush was still complaining, oblivious to my distraction. "Maybe we should get some sort of signal. Like, set off fireworks that spell out 'idiot' or something. Bat Boy would probably pee himself in delight," Gold mused.

"Would you like some cheese with that whine?" I grumbled vehemently, complete with an eye roll and everything! Note the sarcasm.

"You know I'm not old enough to drink," he winked.

"Just shut up and take me to school."

"You know, I have to go to school, too, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm guessing you have a hall pass?"

Smirking, Gold shifted my weight to one hand as he reached his other hand into an invisible pocket and pulled out a hall pass. I squealed when he nearly dropped me. Laughing, I smacked him on the chest. He put the hall pass between his teeth before regaining his grip on me. We were almost halfway to school and I leaned back, letting the breeze whip at my face as Gold flew slower than usual, letting me enjoy the flight rather than worry about getting my cheeks ripped off my face.

"Thanks for the ride, Gold," I said as we neared the school.

"Vur melbum," Gold mumbled through the hall pass. Chuckling, I plucked it from his lips so he could speak properly. "You're welcome," he reiterated. He dropped me in the parking lot just as an obnoxious sports car pulled up.

"Wow, sick ride!" Gold gushed, running over to fangirl over the car. Who should exit said obnoxious ride but an obnoxious owner? Enter: Ciaran Hunt. He stepped gingerly out of the car and smirked at an open-mouthed Gold Thrush. "Dude... How many miles does this thing have?"

The two began to ramble on about car talk that I frankly had no interest for before Ciaran finally broke away and sauntered over to me. Frankly I was just surprised by how normally he had treated the super. 

Gold Thrush waved before taking off, leaving me alone with the hot boy.

"Hey Annie," Ciaran smiled coyly at me, "running a little late?"

"I could ask you the same," I muttered, rubbing my forehead as Ciaran walked me to math, which we shared with Lila and Dresden, among others. 

As usual, Ciaran and Dresden sat on one side of the room with Kyle and all their annoying friends while Lila and I sat on the other, with Ashton, Nick, and a bunch of other random kids.

Mr Rye launched into a lecture all about limits while Ciaran tried to get my attention by shooting a never-ending stream of paper airplanes in my direction. Each had a note; each note cheesier than the one before.

"Oh my gosh!" Lila squealed, reading one over my shoulder. "Melissa's got nothing on you? Who's Melissa?"

"His foster mom," I deadpanned, remembering when I had accused Melissa of being something a little more than a foster mom. I told Lila the story of how Ciaran had taken the call and then explained that Carter was his adopted brother and Melissa was his foster mom.

"And Terry never told you?" Lila asked.

"No," I groaned, burying my face in my hands, "God, I'm such an idiot!"

"Well..." Lila snickered as another airplane soared past her and poked me in the head. I turned to glare at Ciaran, but he only smiled innocently back at me.

"So what else happened on your date?" Lila probed as I unfolded the new note, scowling at the cheesiness. What was with this boy? Was he bipolar or something?

"We went ice skating and then he walked me home and kissed me," I sighed.

"He KISSED YOU?" Lila squealed, loud enough to earn the attention of a horrified Ciaran and a smirking Dresden. Ciaran looked mortified, flushing crimson and scooting down in his chair as Dresden cracked up, earning a glare and scolding from Mr Rye who was oblivious to what Lila had just blurted out.

"On the cheek!" I assured, trying to get her (and half the class) to calm down. Lila seemed torn between ripping Ciaran's head off for being so forward and running over there and kissing him herself for getting me to come out of my shell.

"Well I think it's good," she finally decided, "it's good for you to get your mind off the Invisible Hand."

"Lila!" I hushed her. We still had a couple curious gazes, but most had returned to talking amongst themselves, doodling, or actually scribbling notes. Dresden whispered something to his friend Kyle, who had dark brown hair and moss green eyes. I swear those boys were so exclusive they only recruited gods into their friends group so everyone would know who they were or something.

"Guys, you might want to shut the hell up," Ashton leaned back to whisper to us.

"Why?" Lila asked innocently.

"BECAUSE EVERYONE'S LISTENING!" Ashton and I both whisper-yelled.

Looking around, Lila realised I was right. Even the ones scribbling notes were smiling behind their hair or hands or whatever they were using to hide their smirks. Ciaran had got over his embarrassment by now, figuring that nobody really knew it was him they were talking about, and lounged in his seat whereas Dresden just sent me a string of dopey grins and mock kissy faces.

"He's not wrong," Nick, who was sitting next to Ashton, turned around to whisper. "And by the way, I strongly disagree."

"Excuse me?" Lila raised an eyebrow.

"If I had to choose between Ciaran and the Invisible Hand, I'd definitely choose the Invisible Hand!" Nick chuckled, flushing at the thought.

"Seriously? He's evil!"

"He was evil," Nick stressed.

"Actually, he still is," I corrected with a sigh.

"Even better! He's bad. Ass. That's hot!"

"But he wears all black and he's a cocky son of a bitch," Lila countered.

"So is Ciaran," was Nick's argument and the four of us turned to look at a very shocked Ciaran.

What? He mouthed. We giggled and turned back to each other, earning a scowl from Ciaran, who was wearing black jeans, a Ramones tee shirt, and an Abercrombie jacket. Nick was definitely not wrong there.

"He doesn't always wear black," Lila muttered. "Besides, it makes him look hot."

"The Invisible Hand is hot."

"You can't even see his full face!"

"But that jaw line! Mmm..."

"Nick, get a grip," I groaned, "he's an evil bastard and you can't like him because he's evil."

"But you could be like Romeo and Juliette," he whined.

"They both died," I narrowed my eyes.

"Collateral damage," Nick dismissed. Ashton smacked his chest. 

"All I'm saying is if you have a hot super chasing after you. Villain or not, you should probably seize the opportunity!" Nick protested. "You don't get one of those every day. Besides, he's probably good just for you, am I right?" He raised an eyebrow at my silence.

"Yeah, he'll treat her like a freaking princess and then she'll get her heart broken as soon as he sells out her friends again," Lila snarled, her voice rising a little.

"What's a relationship without a little heartbreak?"

"How about a good one?"

"Good relationships don't exist, Lila. Both parties will always have flaws."

"Being evil is a little more than a flaw."

Nick shrugged, "so some flaws are bigger than others."

"God dammit Nick!" Lila threw up her arms. "Annie is NOT going to date a super villain!"

"I think that's her choice, actually," Ashton piped up.

"Yeah, so does she," I muttered, glancing at our classmates' open mouths. "Can you guys please–"

"I still think she should pick Ciaran."

"No way, the Invisible Hand all the way!"

"No, Ciaran."

"The Invisible Hand."

"Ciaran!"

"THE INVISIBLE HAND!"

"Are you guys really doing this right now?" Dresden moaned from the other side of the room. Even Mr Rye seemed too surprised to speak as his gaze flicked back and forth from Nick to Lila.

"The Invisible Hand!" Someone shouted. Thinking they were butting in on Nick and Lila's debate, I whirled angrily on them, opening my mouth to snap at them.

"If I hear one more person's opinion on who I should date–"

"No, Annie, look!" Ashton pointed to the door where a familiar black spandex-clad boy lounged with arms crossed and deep frown etched on his face.

"You," he growled at a very surprised looking Ciaran, "we need to talk." He pushed off the doorway and stepped into the classroom, raking a hand through his black hair. All eyes immediately fell on the feral grin he now wore, but he didn't notice: his murderous glare was trained directly on Ciaran.

Disclaimer: I DO KNOW WHO IH IS. I'm not playing it by ere (ear?) or whatever, so don't worry, there won't be any plot holes. It will all make sense :) All will be explained in due time >:D

Anyway, if you like this chapter, please VOTE and don't be afraid to comment any thoughts, comments, problems, issues, debatable topics, or just praise ;) Thanks to everyone who's been reading :D

Also feel free to check out my blog:

www.wordsareouroysters.weebly.com

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 1K 19
Tessa has a roller coaster of a life. After her brother and his best friend also her boyfriend go off to war Tessa doesn't know what to do. Every ti...
5.6K 315 36
Rosalind never killed Farah but worse - imprisoned her and forced her to relive her lifetime of hurt and failure that she'd thought she'd put behind...
6.5K 502 32
Stella's perfect day includes working long shifts as a nurse, drinking copious amounts of coffee and doing her best for her patients by the time she'...
1M 6.1K 11
Even in the year 1717, one month, one week, or one day, can make all the difference in the world. One month ago, Tess Willoughby was the daughter of...