Best of Luck, Martins.

By kandy_kanes

Soccer captain Tyler Martins and Addison High's golden girl, Gabriella Peters hate each other and everyone kn... More

Introduction
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
epilogue (part one)
epilouge (part two)

3

5.1K 143 6
By kandy_kanes

Chapter 3

"Gabi!  I demand help right now!' Alisha was screaming and shaking me at 11 a.m.

Yes, I'm a late sleeper, but we had no school  so I was spending the day with her. Later in the day, we were going to meet our other friends, Blake and Char.

Charmont Mickelson is the last member of our tiny group, the captain of the swim team, and the model boy. You know, perfect grades, perfect house, perfect everything.

"What" I replied sleepily.

"What dress do I wear? For meeting up with them"

"Please tell me you're kidding!" I sat up annoyed and looked at Alisha, who was holding up two pretty dresses.

I've never been a dress person, I was more of a leggings or jeans person. Although I didn't mind wearing a dress occasionally. However, I absolutely loved Alisha in dresses. It was like they were made for her.

"Well?" Alisha pressed.

"Blake already loves you. You don't need to impress him every time, it's not your first date!"

"Shutup, I wear dresses because I want to. I feel fabulous in them. Also, would you stop raining on my parade and just pick one?" Alisha asked exasperated.

"I was joking, " I deadpanned.

I sighed and examined the dresses. They were both short dresses, a blue knee length, half sleeve dress with a silver band around the waist and a black one that reached mid-thigh with with a halter neck.

"Okay. The black one."

"Yes! I hoped you'd say that"

"If you already knew what you wanted, why ask me. Anyway, now that you've ruined my sleep, I'll go freshen up"

********

"Where are they!?" I asked Alisha for the billionth time. We'd searched the whole mall.

I was wearing denim jeans, a white top and white converse.

'There they are" Alisha said waving.

"Char! Blake! Over here!" She screamed to get their attention. And by default, every one else's .

I shook my head at her and smiled at the approaching guys.

"Hey babe! I missed you so much. " Blake said kissing Alisha.

"Me too!" she replied enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes. I mean, I was way more than happy for Alisha and their new as yesterday love which had been going on for the past 3 years, but sometimes, it was a bit over the line, I mean they saw each other just yesterday and were acting as though they'd been apart for ages.

But, I'm no one to judge, I've never had a proper relationship before.

We then headed over to the food court.

"What do you want to eat?" Blake asked.

"Pizza!" Char and I said together.

"Pizza it is! My treat because I got accepted in the soccer team!" Blake said walking over to the pizza place.

"Obviously,  you literally play better than every one else, seeing that you've been playing since you were 7" I replied.

The rest of us found a place to sit.

"So Gab, tell us, how's Tyler?" Char asked wriggling his eyebrows.

"That's gross. He's gross. Also, why is he the topic of conversation?" I replied scrunching my nose.

"You're so dramatic, why would you possibly hate someone so much?" Char asked.

"Don't you remember fif- oh wait, you weren't there."

"Happy realisation. But you never did tell me why the grudge?"

"It's your own fault you joined school late. Anyway,I didn't think it was an important topic. I'd rather not talk about him."

"Well too bad. I want to know."

"Okay then. So basically, it was the first day of fifth grade, Alisha and I were having lunch quietly like the innocent girls we were.The bell rang so I got up to dump my left over lunch into the trash and accidentally bumped into Tyler. I started profusely apologising but he wouldn't have it. He shouted and threw my food in my face." I finished.

By Char's expression though, I could tell he hardly believed me.

"Don't you think that's a bit of a lie? Of course you'd tell the story in your favour. Piss off Peters." Alisha said, playfully punching my arm.

"I'll tell you what really happened." She continued, taking over. "Gabi didn't apologise at all, her ego was and still is, way too big." She laughed.

"Hey!" I cut in, only to be ignored.

I crossed my arms and pouted. Yeah, very mature. 

"So she went 'hey, don't you have eyes?' And Tyler shot back 'you should say sorry to me. Have you no manners?' And that's what set Gabi off. She told him she had very fine manners and that he was the one who bumped into her so he should apologise. Tyler obviously disagreed, his ego being huge as well, and put Gabi's spaghetti in her face. Which was a little harsh. So then she punched him in the stomach, hard. And that's what started the hate story of Gabriella Peters and Tyler Martins"  Alisha finished. 

"SEE? He's a mannerless disgrace and not to mention disrespectful towards food. FOOD. Also damn Alisha, your memory deserves awards." I said, throwing my hands in the air.

"Uh, don't you think that's an extremely petty thing to 'loathe' someone for?" Charles asked, emphasising the 'extremely'.

I know it is. I'm not usually like that but I guess since we were kids when it happened, we sort of never came around because we always ignored each other in the hallways and any small matter turned into a huge deal.

In my mind, he had absolutely no manners and I'm pretty sure his thoughts about me were along the same lines.

Over the years, we started opposing each other in everything and if we ever had to pick teams, we should make sure we were playing against each other.

I'm sure if the whole food incident had happened when we were older, we would've brushed it off, but we weren't "older". We were practically babies.

I mean, he still acts like one but that's besides the point.

I don't actually know a lot about him. I mean things like his personal stuff or life outside school. Not that I want to. But sometimes I feel as though our hatred for each other is based on, well, first impressions only. And I'm a firm believer in keeping an open mind and people can change.

But as I said, we were kids. The hatred is strong and I can't change it now. Again, not that I want to.

Between you and me, it's actually kind of fun to have new challenges and fight him all the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
118K 9.1K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
16.2M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
134K 4.8K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...