Pretty Remarkable ✘ camsten f...

By ashamedapril

discontinued / no more updates / MATURE CONTENT "It's called stitching, cupcake." "That's impossible." "No it... More

prologue
a discovery
sometimes it all gets too much
a wild night
i'm a fool for you
we'll run forever with the lightning
i'm right here
the drunken truth
encounters and empathy
you've been replaced
saving our asses

repetitive thoughts (Bonus Chapter)

553 27 3
By ashamedapril

One time, somewhere around after the night of Kirsten seeing Cameron's scar and when he mentioned about the scar she couldn't stop thinking on that specific feature on him. How it's pink slightly swollen line goes straight down a couple inches. How it was the size of his heart, but mentally his heart is a thousand times bigger in her opinion. She asked herself, why was his heart that small? He doesn't have a small heart, or a cold one, it was a huge warm heart that she experienced with. It didn't deserve these small tools- interrupting the whole wonder of it.

That's when the next day, was a different day for her. She couldn't sleep throughout the middle of the night, kept tossing and turning, tangling up her sheets between her legs. About five hours later of non-stop curiosity over Cameron's scar, she didn't notice the sun was a quarter showing. Her reaction ended up planting her face flat down on the pillow with a small thump as she groaned. Then turned her whole body to lay on her back, holding the pillow on her face. Why was this irrelevant small scar making her crazy? How was this something to be focused about? Kirsten smacked the pillow the second time to her forehead.

When she entered the lab the first person to come to her was Cameron. Cute, bubbly, happy, handsome Cameron. He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek while he said "Good morning, Stretch." Kirsten didn't return the greeting, instead she had this slightly dazed expression and couldn't stop staring at him like he was a piece of meat. She slowly trailed her eyes to the middle of his clothed chest while her mouth parted. With just a few seconds passing by, Cameron stood there really confused on her weird behavior. He coughed,

"Is there something bothering you?"

Kirsten's thoughts on his chest get snapped. "What? Oh no, no- I was just," Kirsten paused thinking on what to say next to surprised Cameron at this time of day. "I'm gonna change." She sprinted quickly to her changing room. Before she could go any further, Cameron tried to grab her forearm but missed. Why didn't she say good morning back?

Every time he started a conversation with her just because he wanted his intelligent Kirsten back, not distracted-over-unknown-thought Kirsten, she would put her eyes back where his chest was. Staring directly at it and he would have no idea. He thought she was staring off to space over a past memory of a stitch, or over-analyzing what she had to remember. But that was it. She over-analyzed, and analyzed, and analyzed on that scar. Kirsten was still staring directly at the center on his chest trying to see what would it would look like without the fabric.

"Hey, you wanna come to my apartment tonight?"

She doesn't respond.

"Stretch! Macchiato with just the subtlest hint of Mexican cocoa?" He comes walking towards Kirsten with a mug in his hand.

Her mouth didn't say a word.

-

After some walking around the lab, not even minding the weird stares she'd get from Linus, Alex, or even Maggie. Especially Cameron, she didn't even care she was repeating the same path shes been going on for almost an hour. Now he got worried. Could something trigger her mind to do that?

In Kirsten's mind she thought if she kept walking and walking in circles of the lab she'd maybe start to forget about that stupid scar, and maybe focus more on her steps. Of course due to her condition she never realized how long she's been walking. And she doesn't care.

But the thought of Cameron's scar still hasn't faded away. It's going to drive her insane if she doesn't confront him about it. She clearly stated herself she will not crack over a sappy memory. She expects if she does, she'll just get a laugh out of Cameron that will leave her in idiocy and sorrow. Kirsten shivers over that. So stick with that subject to not make a fool out of yourself.

He comes up to her quickly, blocking her way of trying to walk. She dodges him as he dodges her. All he could do is grab her arms tightly to hold her and look into her eyes of worry. "You've been around the lab seventy-six times now. Don't turn that into a seventy-seven. Now, tell me what's been bugging you." Kirsten's eyes peer over onto his in a feeling of want and curiosity over again. He doesn't even know why she's been giving that look since she entered the lab. It feels like he did something wrong, but what?

"Come with me."

Kirsten takes Cameron's wrist, squeezing it over the anxiety and fear. As they passed several doors of the lab he was just really confused, usually she would just tell him right then and there. Since she doesn't want anyone to know, it might be serious.

They arrived to the conference room. The same exact room where they had meetings about samples, their conversations, the room where they first fought. She goes to every open window to fully close the blinds so no one will watch what they're doing. Cameron watches as she pulls the string to cover the clear view of them. Linus in the lab caught her closing all of the blinds. When she got to the last blind he turned back to his attention on his poker mini-game, still a little suspicious.

She walked forward to Cameron, staring at his face then back to his chest. Taking a deep breath she began to slowly unbutton his shirt till she met the end of where his scar ended. "What...are you doing?" His pulse picks up. She can't ask for sex at work now, won't that make them fir-

"If you think this is some way of trying to seduce you, you've got it all wrong."

"Then why did you unbutton my shirt?"

"I just wanted to...um, see your scar."

"You've already saw it before we-"

"I know I did but," She exhales nervously. "I wanted to see it again. Last night and early morning, even at two a.m. my mind was driven to your scar. I got curious to see it again because it reminds me that you have a reminder you survived." She flickers her eyes to Cameron's. "And if you didn't, what will that make me as a person now?"

Cameron couldn't comprehend any words. He choked on air on Kirsten's beautiful confession coming out from her. She then raised her index finger to trace the line and the small short ones that looked like stitches. She chuckled a little over the pun. Cameron smirked with a beam coming up his eyes, "What's so funny?"

"It looks like it got stitches. You know what I mean?"

"Ohhh, nice. Making puns over my scar eh?"

"If it's offensive I'll stop tracing it."

"No, no it isn't. It feels relaxing." He grins at her again.

"I just needed to see it. Just to be sure, and stop thinking about your scar until it makes me wanna pull my hair out."

"If you get frustrated over this, we could do this kind of thing whenever you want."

"Whenever I want?" She smiles, stopping the trace on his scar. She has her index remaining on it.

He laughs a bit, "Yes my little darling."

"But don't you think this would be weird? I mean it's not like I'll keep thinking about it. There may be some times it's coming back but-"

"I said whenever you want."

"Okay. Got it, whenever. Thank you."

"Anytime, curiosity cat." Kirsten smacks his chest softly with a smile. She leans in for a quick kiss but Cameron being the rebel here, he kissed back to her lips. Deepening the kiss even more and having Kirsten smirking into the sync of their lips moving. She placed her hand in the center of his chest pressing against it to feel his heartbeat. After a few seconds of making out, she pulled away reminding herself that they're at work.

"I love you."

"I love you too Stretch."

"And I'm sorry that I ignored you before, I didn't realize it."

"Kirsten, if this was one of the reasons why you were silent I can't be mad over that."

"I thought you would laugh at me then leave me hanging here feeling horrible and doubtful or like an idiot or-"

"Enough with the self name calling. You're Kirsten Clark, you're supposed to be focused on something once in a while. It's what makes you unique, right over here." Cameron also took his index finger to poke the center of her chest, then the rest of his whole hand resting on it.

Then the door swings open. "Yeah alright I got them! They're in- woah!" Linus shows up at the doorstep with his hand covering his eyes. He has this face in disgust with a hint of amusement. Kirsten immediately pries her hands off of Cameron's chest while he turned away from her buttoning up like it was a marathon to. She coughs for the awkward tension between the trio of them, walking straight past him and Linus.

Cameron steps forward to Linus, thankfully with his shirt fully closed and clothed. His face is purely a bright shade of red and he's a little angry that Linus interrupted their romantic encounter.

"We are never speaking of this inside or outside the lab. Got it?" He demands with an tense face to hide his embarrassment.

Linus nods rapidly.

-

AAAAAAAAANDDDDD YEAAAAHHHHH tHIS WAS LIKE MORE THAN A WEEK AFTER THE FUCKING FINALE. i was at the hospital and i could only watch ten minutes of the show then my dad told us we gotta gO. also i was very lazy and very exhausted from the road trip and i just wanted to maybe procrastinate bc i wAS MAKING VIDEO EDITS can we just talk about that ending of episode nine and ten omg i wanted to cry a million rivers till my house fills up

we are kind of two (or three?) chapters away to the ending. sooo sorry that this book is almost to be coming to an end. i had so much fun writing every chapter for all of you stitchers fans! i love you so much!

anyways, please spread this book whenever you want! this book has been a journey from the prologue. i literally had A LOT and i mean AAAAA LOOOOOT of fun writing this book. you all are amazing and wonderful and hugable tHAT I JUST WANNA GIVE YOU ALL A HUG CMERE ALL THE LOVE ALL THE LOVE BRING IT IN

i appreciate the massive gossip on this book, until next time, have a great day/night

- april x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 11 22
A Wonderlandian Pastiche. Matthias Haddler is the victim of an experiment in which is he is made to believe that he is the Mad Hatter alongside other...
13.8K 273 52
was: she looks so perfect had a name and cover change - still exact same story line tho: only known each other for a day and theyre already falling f...
189K 8.1K 52
Kirsten Blair ― an extremely stubborn teenage girl that hasn't even had her first kiss. Other than that, her life is what most people would call norm...
936 23 40
I'm half half, I thought - I must be a nymph. I'm a joke to my family. I love my mom so much that I have to leave her behind before I can even do ter...