sometimes it all gets too much

As Kirsten finished her drink, she threw it in the trash can beside her. She can hear someone's footsteps behind her getting closer and closer. But she just thinks that its Cameron trying to scare her off, so there was no need to turn around.

"Cameron, real funny you did not get me this-"

Okay, someone put a sack over her head. That's just peculiar. She's being kidnapped. Oh my god. The man picks her up, listening to the footsteps then listening as the bell rings when the door closes. Where is she going? Kirsten tries to pry herself out from the man's grasp but his strength beats him to it. Dammit. Kirsten grunts, still not giving up to free herself from the strong force preventing that.

"What the- what the hell! Ugh!" Her voice muffles around the sack that's around her skull.

-

It has been ten minutes of walking, exhaustion, groaning, and complaining.

Kirsten is finally thrown onto a seat. Her bottom makes a loud thump due to the man's power. The unknown man rips off the sack of her head. Her eyes go in so many directions and her breathing picks up speed. But she sees that, she's in a Chinese restaurant? Then she glances at the table, following a woman with black skin. She has brown hair, wearing a black blazer over a blue top.

"I've seen that you are confused." says the woman.

"Where am I?"

"How's Ed?"

"How do you- how do you even know his name?"

"I may have been poking around for a while."

"Why am I here?"

"I am asking you a question, how is Ed?"

"Can I at least make a phone call."

"You really don't know do you?"

"He is just my guardian."

"Why did you not feel anything when you found out he killed himself? When you were, traveling around the world, making poses as the photography took pictures of you."

Kirsten heard about Ed committing suicide back over a phone call when she visited France. She had to pay a little visit to see Ed's body, she never felt a single thing when she saw the cold frail body resting on top of the metal cart. After she dealt with the detective, Kirsten went straight back to Europe to resume her career. To keep forgetting that she saw that body, that it was Ed.

"My past modeling career was meant for me to forget. The reason I didn't react when I saw Ed in the morgue is because the moment I saw him, it was as if he had been dead forever. How long have I been here?"

"Guess."

"An hour."

"One minute. Clueless over that?"

"I have this condition. It's called temporal dysplasia. I have no time perception."

"I've read about the condition."

Is this woman seriously trying to get everything out from her?

"I wish, 'cause then you can unmake it up. It really sucks. I use memory, logic, and math to approximate a time difference, but I don't know what time feels like. That's what caused me to stop my career, that's what caused me to deal with every person that I have a conversation with. I don't even know how long I brush my teeth, I don't even know how long thirty minutes feels when you're adjusting the time on a clothes dryer."

"I see. So memory, logic, and math?" The woman tilts her head.

"Tell me where I am."

"Downtown L.A."