Accidentally Loving Mr. Step...

By OralKel

[BOOK #2 of MISTER SERIES] Mickey 'Mike' Hollister has been finding his The One by dating lots of g... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1: Clean
Chapter 2: Secretly Awkward
Chapter 3: Rip The Start
Chapter 4: Take A Hint
Chapter 5: The Gifted
Chapter 6: Message In A Bottle, Entry #8
Chapter 7: Don't Mind
Chapter 8: Magic, Madness, Heaven, Sin
Chapter 9: Theme Park
Chapter 10: Fluffy Unicorn
Chapter 11: Bang Bang
Announcement #1
Chapter 12: Ice Cream Love
Chapter 13: Ice Cream... Love?
Chapter 14: This Time, I'm Telling You, I'm Telling You
Chapter 15: Let's Live
Chapter 17: Changing Path?
Chapter 18: Birthday
Chapter 19: Disoriented
Chapter 20: Dealing With The Past
Chapter 21: Boom Clap, The Sound Of My Heart
Chapter 22: Wreck
Chapter 23: Our Hearts In Pain
Chapter 24: Ghost
Chapter 25: Trauma
Chapter 26: Empty
Chapter 27: Dying Inside
Chapter 28: Letters
Chapter 29: Stay With Me
Announcement #2
Chapter 30: Timebomb
Chapter 31: The Inevitable
Chapter 32: Forget Forever, Remember Everyday
Chapter 33: The End
Author's Note
Announcement: New Series!

Chapter 16: Everything's Okay

33.8K 1.4K 83
By OralKel

Chapter 16
Eros Dylan Donovan
Everything's Okay

Packing all the stuffs I got, as well as Brad's, I can't believe that for the first time, I'm going to leave this house. Not because of my will. We were forced to. I know that if we didn't get out immediately, the man who claimed the house as his will file a case to us for trespassing. I know better than that. Sighing, I admire every corners of the room, looking at every part of the room. My own room. My own house. My parent's house.

If Mel wouldn't have sold the house, we would be still here. I know this is a shitty house, but it's from my parents. It has a sentimental value to me. Mom used to say that I should need to take care of the house. Somehow, somewhat, I have a feeling that I have failed her. And I know I did. The house is in a different hands now. And I can't fucking believe it. I don't have a control to it now.

Brad enters the room without knocking, even him is sad that we're going to leave this house. At first, he asked me where would we live when we leave this house after I explained to him the whole situation. I accepted Mike's offer. He is somewhat guilty for what his mother has done. He offered us a home, and I felt - feel - grateful to him. Even though things are quite a blur to us, he didn't hesitate to give us a helping hand. And I somehow am proud that I met him despite weird things happening to us. I told Brad that we're going to go to Mike's own house, and his mood lightened. He babbled about how excited he is to see Mike's house. And I did tell him that we're going to stay there for a while.

Mike and I had an agreement. I'll pay him. He said no need to bother about it, but I insisted. My pride and ego were hurting. I can't stand the thought of being helpless. So, in a nice way, he accepted the offer 'but' I'll pay him back once I have saved enough money for me to buy the house back.

Getting the boxes one by one, I put them in the trunk of Mike's car. I didn't know Mike had a car. I guess it's his father's. But still, technically, it's still his car. Brad is so excited he's practically bouncing on his seat at the back. Mike sees Brad's excited and bubbly attitude and chuckles and a faint, genuine smile etches onto my lips. Giving a last look to my used-to-be-mine house, I take a seat at the passenger seat. Mike sees my sad expression.

"Everything will be okay," Mike assures, looking at me with hopeful eyes. They are sad like mine. But hopeful. I don't know if I have a hope that I'd get my parent's house back. I want to believe his eyes, his words, that everything will be okay.

Mike puts the key in the ignition and the car roars to life, releasing a soft clunks of the engines as he puts his hand on the stirring wheel. After a minute, we are on the road. I take a look at the mirror in front of us, the house slowly fading as we take off. I release a sigh of annoyance as I shut my eyes. How could Mel do this to us? She knew that that house was practically my life. Not really. But it's one of the veins of my heart. And I feel like that specific vein has been cut off. Brad is looking through the window, his face buried on it as he looks at the objects that are flying pass us fastly. His mouth turns into an 'o' as he puts his hands onto the window. I laugh at him. Mike gives me a glance from the corners of his eyes and smiles. I fully turn my head into his direction and watch him intently, observing the features of his face.
His jawline seems strong and firm, and his lips are plumped and looking kissable. I just want to ravish him here and there. Of course he notices me watching him because he fakes a cough. He does that if he's getting awkward. He gives me a quick glance, and when he notices that I'm still watching, his cheeks turn into a shade of pink. Cute. His arms are long and strong, and his tattoos are kind of awesome. I admire the way it flexes, especially when he swivels left and right. I probably look like a creep right now, but those arms... his neck, his jawline, his nose, his lips... Oh God.

I remember the letters he has written, it's awesome. I want the letters to be mine. Even though they are love letters, I still want it. But I don't know if I'm worthy of having one. Would Mike write a letter about me?
If possible, would he write the things he like about me?

Why am I even thinking of this?

In about 10 minutes, Mike is parking the car in the garage and my mouth flies open as I take in the view. This house is huge! Mel has been a Queen once. Why did she...? Brad practically screams and runs around. Mike releases a heartfelt laugh and I join him.

The house must consist of three floors. The color of the house is white, and the roof is black. It is simply gorgeous. When we go inside, again, I'm struck.

The inside of the house is basically twinkling. The floor is marbled and it looks hella expensive. There's a big, grand chandelier hanging at the living room, a plasma TV is placed in the center of three, looking soft and expensive couches. From the living room, on either side, is one of the typical 'big house' I see on televisions. Two stairs are either side of the wall. Curve. But what makes it more grand is it simpleness. Behind the TV, is a library. The door is opened, so I can see the books neatly places on the shelves. Four red beanies are inside the room. The room has a huge window, overlooking the fountain. It looks like Cupid or something.

Yep. Definitely Cupid.

On my side is a room for the dining area, and when you go further, you will get into the kitchen area. This house is too much. On the right is a room for the guests. I don't know what's inside since the door is just slightly opened.

Mike leads us to our room. I have thought that Brad and I are going to share a bed, but it seems like Mike has a different plan. He first leads us to Brad's room. Brad runs around the room, grinning widely. We leave Brad there for a while and Mike leads me to my own room. This is freaking too much.

When we enter the room, my eyes immediately scan it. The room is too big for me. There is a cabinet, a big one, on the corner of the room. The room is practically like an apartment. It has a mini fridge, bathroom, drawers, big mirrors, big windows, carpeted floor. God.

Mike grabs the boxes that I've been dragging and I help him. He says he's going to prepare a snack for us when I grab his hand. He looks at it, then to me.

"Mike, thank you." I say, smiling genuinely to him. His breathing becomes ragged and he just nods and scurries away, blushing. It does happen to him a lot lately.

I unpack the boxes and start putting it onto the king-sized bed. I don't know if I should put my clothes inside the big cabinet, but it would look like I'm invading this room. Which I'm probably doing right now. I don't who's the past owner of the room, the room is so simple. I inspect every corner of the room, opening the drawers one by one, and when I open the last drawer, a bunch of pictures greet me. It's the pictures of Mike when he was young. When he was a baby. When he was thirteen years old. When he was with his friends. He looked so happy.

Then I realize one thing, Mike is the owner of the room. He's letting me use it temporarily. From what I guess, the room hasn't been used for ages. But it's definitely being cleaned once in a while. The smell of fried bacon invades my nostril and my stomach grumbles. I put aside my things and decide that it can wait. The food can't.

When I get into the dining area, Brad is already seated and looking at the fried bacon on the bacon. Mike pats his head and gives him a plate and puts some bacon on it. I take a seat beside him. And he blushes again.

The table is quite long. It can accommodate 5-8 people, but I chose to sit beside him. Because I want to be near him.

And soon, close to him. Very close.

We begin eating the bacon and Mike is aware of me. Aware of what I'm doing. I always brush my skin against him, and every time our skins touch, he'd freeze and shut his eyes. I begin to make a conversation.
"The room you led me to, how has it been since the last person occupied it?" I ask him, looking at him through my lashes, waiting for his answer. He purses his lips.

"Probably a decade ago," he says, biting his bottom lip and I have the thought of biting it. I brush it off immediately. "It was my room when I was a kid," he says, looking at his plate.

"So it was yours," I tease, a grin starting to form on my lips. He immediately blushes. "There are so many rooms in this house. I wonder why..."

"You can choose," he says nervously, waiving his hand in the air. "Feel free. I thought you would like it since it has a nice view." He babbles in a cute manner.

"I like it," I confess, smiling at him. "Very. Though it feels like I'm invading your privacy." I already did invade his privacy when I read those letters he has written.

"Nah, it's fine." He says, shoving a bacon into his mouth. "It should be occupied now because it has been lonely ever since I left it. I remember my friends were always in that room. We always hung out there..." He says, looking up at the ceiling, reminiscing the moments where they had the room for themselves. It must have been a good time back then.

When we are done eating, we immediately head to the living room to watch a movie. Brad wants to watch The Dark Knight Rises, so we watch it. Brad is an avid fan of Batman. He even has the costume of it.
We had a movie marathon until it's bed time. Brad is already fast asleep on the couch, his light snores are so cute to hear. Mike chuckles at that. I scoop him up and go upstairs to bring him into his own room. I place him onto the bed and drape the sheet on him. He clutches the sheet and turns to the side, getting comfy. Mike watches me put a kiss on Brad's forehead and when I'm done, he goes out of the room.

I get out too.

Mike bids me a good night and I swear I'm not letting it pass by. He turns around, so I do what I always do, catch his hand, turn him around, and kiss him full on the lips. It's just a peck, but it leaves us breathless and wanting more. But I stop myself and run into my room, leaving him dumbfounded and wide eyes.
If Brad can get kiss on the forehead, Mike can get a kiss on the lips.

And I swear I'm smiling even when I'm sleeping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 747 12
[ takes place after legacy ] 'i love you, dex.' dex grinned so hard he was sure his dimple was showing. 'you too, wonderboy. you too.' ~ ~ dex thoug...
230K 7.5K 25
During the summer before his senior year, Stiles decides to create a new chapter in his life. He comes out to his friends and is taken aback by the o...
85.5K 4.7K 21
When Lacy tries to break of her forced engagement things take a treacherous turn for the worst. Things seemed to not be going as planned until a myst...
1M 42.4K 48
[BOOK #3 OF MISTER SERIES] With the goal of making his company the world's best company in the whole wide world, Josh Heid Thompson always st...