Alex's Redemption (girlxgirl)

By alexandravIIC

(Not actually good with plots. Will just try to write one. But don't judge my story from this. Read the first... More

Alex's Redemption (girlxgirl)
Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 16

231 14 1
By alexandravIIC

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

"Ready to go, sweetie?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah, let's go." I replied and went to the car. We went to the airport. And while sitting and looking at the airplanes, I thought about everything that happened the past week that I was in NY. And of course the past years. After that realization hit me I spent the whole week trying to fix myself. I applied to different schools away from America. I know that if I wanted to turn my life around, I needed to get out of this place.

"Hey we're boarding. What are you thinking, sweetie?" My dad said sounding worried.

"Nothing dad, I just realized stuff. Let's go." I then boarded the plane and sat on my seat. I got my headphones and listened to music before drifting to sleep.

The whole trip that my parents called "Pilgrimage" changed me. I didn't stop smoking but I decided to stay away from alcohol and drugs. I then checked my email and found out that I was accepted in a university in Australia because my professor recommended me. He said that I was a person who is lost but contains so much passion for engineering. And that I could be huge someday. Of course in my essay I also told them that I was just lost and that I'm ready to fix my life. So they accepted me. I then told my parents about it and they said that they're willing to give me another chance. So they bought me a plane ticket to Australia and they paid for the first three months of my rent.

I then told them that I don't want to be a freeloader anymore and that I wanted to change my life. I wanted to pay my own bills and buy a decent car from what I'm gonna earn. So they said yes. I will walk to school everyday and I applied for work. I'm going to be a working student. I'll pay my own rent and bills.

I told my friends the news 2 week before leaving because I wanted to make sure everything is set first before shouting to the world that I was leaving. And the moment they knew they organized this going away party for me at the clubhouse near our alma mater. They hired an event coordinator and a dj. It was overwhelming how much effort they put in order to make my going away party a success. I promised myself this would be the last time I would really get drunk and party.

From: Haley Parker

Party will start at 10. Be there. The whole world is invited. Haha just kidding but I heard almost 200 confirmed their attendance.

To: Haley Parker

Dude what?! How many did you guys invite? Or better yet, WHO DID YOU INVITE?!

From: Haley Parker

Everyone you know. HAHA good luck buddy. See you!

I couldn't believe this my friends invited everyone in town. I'm sure I won't recognize 70% of the people who will show up. And I have this feeling that this party is gonna be a good one. I mean dj + dance floor + golf + swimming + a lot of other activities = AN AWESOME NIGHT.

That night, I dressed up in a casual flannel shirt and pants then wore my dr. marten's boots. That's probably my signature look. And then drove to the country club. It was 10:30 when I got there since I had to finish something important at home. I parked my Mercedes Benz G-Class into the parking spot that has a clear sign that says "RESERVED FOR ALEX. IF NOT ALEX, YOU WILL BE TOWED". Good one Hale.

The moment I stepped into the venue the music stopped and the dj announced that I was in the house. Everybody screaming. I bet it didn't start at 10. It probably started at 8:30 because I can see drunk people around. And I was right, I didn't know 70% of the population here. I said thank you and told them to back partying. People came to me to offer me drinks but being the pro that I am I politely refused because who knows if the drink is drugged or not. I went to the bartender and got myself scotch.

I socialized a little then went to look for my friends. As I was walking towards the pool my good friend Vanessa grabbed me and brought me to the bar because according to her "IT'S TEQUILA TIMEEEEEE!!". She was clearly drunk and I couldn't refuse so we did like 4 consecutive shots of tequila. And the scotch was my chaser. I was tipsy. I had a low tolerance for tequila. I mean I can drink like half a bottle of scotch alone and I still won't get drunk but when it comes to tequila, exactly 7 shots and I'm drunk as hell.

Somebody then pushed me to the pool. So okay, I'm tipsy and wet. They were all cheering for me and I loved the attention. I mean if this is going to be my last better make it worth it, right? After about an hour of swimming and more drinking and dancing, I decided to use the bathroom. On my way to the bathroom, I was pulled by some girl and she started kissing me. I kissed her back but when I realized what was happening I pulled away. I don't know but I think I saw Alice from the corner of my eye. I saw her sad eyes but I wasn't sure. I let it go though and decided to go to the bathroom.

The party ended a bit late. It ended at 6am. It was wild. People were drunk and some passed out on the country club. I however woke up in somebody else's bedroom. When I opened my eyes, I was shocked because I was cuddling with somebody I thought I'd never see ever again. Pretty sure that this isn't her room since it's a little bit smaller than hers, the paint job is different. The walls. And the bed doesn't seem like her bed. I noticed we still had our clothes on so thank God nothing happened.

"Come on, sleep. I'm still not ready to get up." I immediately sobered up when I heard those words. I didn't actually know what to do. So I slowly got up but the moment I pulled my arm from her head she got up as well. She then looked at me and it took a while to register but the moment she realized what was happening she was as shock as I was.

"What happened last night? Why am I with you, Alice? Where's Haley?" I asked Alice with an emotion-less voice.

"You and Haley were dead drunk last night and Diana said it's best if we would take you guys here. This is her apartment and Haley is in the other room. I must have fallen asleep while waiting for you to vomit or something." Alice said worry across her face.

"Thank you but I gotta leave." I then replied rushing to go out and grab Haley. I didn't want to talk some more because I know that if I would spend more time with here, I'm just going to end up sad and I won't be able to focus on my goals.

"Hey D. Thanks for letting us crash here last night. Where is Haley though? We gotta leave." I kissed D's cheek. It was a friendly and grateful kiss though. No malice. I'm sure Alice saw the kiss and heard the liveliness of my voice when I spoke to Diana. D is my friend and she did nothing wrong to me so it's just right that I show her emotion, but Alice hurt me and I'm still healing from that broken heart.

"I'll walk you to her room so that we could talk." D replied and we walked to her room. D and Haley were best of friends ever since they were young since they were both members of the volleyball team. "Alex, you should thank Alice. She was the one who took care of you. I mean I told her I'd do it since I know that it might be awkward between the both of you but she said that she would prefer taking care of you than Haley since Haley here is known as the vomit queen when she's drunk. Also she's more comfortable with you." D told me while walking me to her room.

"I told her Thank you but you know I couldn't do this again. It was too painful. I just can't deal with anymore pain and distraction. I'm grateful for her taking care of me but it doesn't mean that I need to cook for her or stay and pretend like nothing happened between us." I replied with sad look in my eyes.

"I understand. And I want to thank you. My friend in LA who goes to the same school told me that you never said anything bad about Alice. And that when they bad-mouthed her you still defended her. It means a lot to me. Don't worry I didn't tell her that but I might tell her later." She laughed and opened the door to where Haley was. Her bathroom.

"Hey just so you know, I really did love and respect her. I never even cheated on her. And with that defending her, I mean yeah she broke my heart but then again she was good to me when we were together. She made me happy. And I have lots of happy memories with her. And of course because I believe that true love and respect is evident during the relationship and even after the break up. I just didn't want people to think bad about her since she's a good person. And I'll forever be thankful for the little forever that she gave me." I said while trying to wake Haley up.

"I know. And that's why I liked you for her from the beginning. She would never meet someone who would love her the same way you did and she's aware of that. And for Haley, I'll send her home the moment she wakes up. Leave her a note or something. I'll take care of her. This usually happens when she parties." D said. I thanked her for understanding why I couldn't stay. Before leaving I washed my face and combed my hair. I was walking to the door when I heard Alice. "I'm really sorry, Alex. Really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I could hear the sadness in her voice. I looked back and said "It's okay. I understand. You had to do it." I didn't wait for her reply. I closed the door and left.

That was the last time I ever saw Alice. Or heard her voice. Haley would often update me about her but I just didn't wanna listen. I wanted to flush her out of my system and never talk about her again.

I haven't fallen in love ever since.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249 4 26
18-year-old Ada had a tough life. Always lying about who she really is, always hiding behind a mask, until she couldn't do it anymore. But telling he...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
282K 5.9K 82
(I UNDERSTAND THIS BOOK HAS MISTAKES, I WILL TRY TO FIX AS MANY AS I CAN!! I ALSO KNOW I WROTE IN LOWERCASE, I DID IT BECAUSE THATS MY COMFORTABLE WR...
549K 20.2K 48
Alex seems like a normal high school senior but she is not. Anxiety and her OCD rules her life. She had been called a freak all her life and there is...