Kuai and Zuko 2 [ON HIATUS]

By irishloveoftx

[ON HIATUS] After finding his mother in the Fire Nation town of Hira'a, Zuko runs into an old love, Kuai. How... More

Prologue: It's Been Two Years
Chapter 1: Aren't Big Fans
Chapter 2: Because I'm the Firelord
Chapter 3: But Never Fear
Chapter 4: AGH! Why did I look?!
Chapter 5: It's just...
Chapter 6: If You Stopped Interrupting
Chapter 7: W-wait...What?
Chapter 8: Since When Do You Wear My Mask?
Chapter 9: Oogies Saved Me
Chapter 10: Do Not Speak To Me Of Respect
Chapter 11: I-I Did It-t
Chapter 13: Should I Be Honored?
Chapter 14: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 15: Oh My Gosh, Yay Yay Yay!
Chapter 16: We Need To Leave Now
Chapter 17: Pointy-Hat Guy Told Me To Get You
Chapter 18: Their 10 Year Wedding Anniversary
Chapter 19: She Seemed Happier to Tell You
Chapter 20: I'll See What I Can Do
Chapter 21: Where's My Daughter?
Chapter 22: It Was Just a Nightmare

Chapter 12: I've Been Summoned

80 6 4
By irishloveoftx

After breakfast, there were a lot of political matters that Zuko had to take care of. Kuai actually had no idea what she would do all day, and everyday for that matter. In between meals, Zuko was always approving construction, messaging world leaders, and making sure everything stayed in order. Kuai did nothing.

For about an hour, Kuai sat at the foot of their bed looking at pictures on the wall. Nice art pieces, probably not by Zuko, but they were beautiful depictions of nature. She got up and went to the small desk in the corner of the room, to find a portrait of Uncle Iroh (which she had soon started called him as well) and an old clay disc with a small hand print on it.

After that hour, she roamed the gardens and watched as the gardeners did their work. They would greet her extremely kindly when she would walk past, and to their surprise she acknowledged their existence as well. She spent a while looking at the rose bushes and dragon-peach trees. 

Soon she walked a path around the turtle-duck pond. She stopped and stared at it for a while, watching the ducklings swim around.

As she was doing this, a servant bowed before her and asked

Servant: My lady, pardon my intrusion, but I was wondering if you wanted some bread to feed the turtle ducks?

Kuai: Please stand. *the servant stood* I'm allowed to feed them?

Servant: Of course. Firelord Zuko does almost everyday. I stay out here in case one of you wants me to get bread for the turtle ducks.

Kuai: Oh, then please do. 

Kuai sat in front of the pond and continued watching them swim and play in the water. After five minutes, the servant returned.

Servant: My lady, I am sorry for my delay. The bread was still too hot from baking.

Kuai: No need to apologize. Please, sit.

The servant girl sat next to Kuai, confused and somewhat scared. They began feeding the turtle ducks together.

Kuai: What is your name?

Servant: Mine?

Kuai: Well I am talking to you, aren't I? *smiles*

Servant: Oh, yes, sorry. My name is Anju.

Kuai: That's a wonderful name. It seems Earth Kingdom.

Anju: Y-yes my lady, I was raised in the colonies...my family moved here six years ago.

Kuai: People always ask why I use Fire Nation customs when I'm water tribe. I guess it's because I prefer my life here to my life there.

Anju: You're from the Water Tribe?

Kuai: Yes, my blue eyes show it. I was kidnapped during the war, and haven't been back since.

Anju: I'm assuming Ozai...gave you that scar...

Kuai: Yes *looks at arms where the scar is* He did.

Anju: Oh, I'm so sorry, my lady, I meant no offense! Please forgive-

Kuai: I took no offense, Anju. I won't hurt you, I'm not like that.

Anju: I like having you here rather than Mai. She's bossy and scary.

Kuai: *giggles* Well I'm glad Zuko's not the only one who likes me here.

Anju: Can you waterbend?

Kuai: Yes, pretty well, actually. *takes pond water and floats it in different directions, splashes it on ground, raises it again and forms an ice sculpture of a turtle duck*

Anju: Wow!

Kuai: I'm glad I have someone to talk to...

Anju: What do you mean?

Kuai: Well Zuko's always busy wit Firelord stuff, and I basically have nothing to do. It's almost lunch and this is the only thing I've done all day.

Anju: My lady, I'm out here everyday if you want to talk to someone.

Kuai: Call me Kuai, I'm still not comfortable with being royalty again.

Anju: Again?

Kuai: I'm a Northern Water Tribe princess, well, formerly.

Anju: This is what's difficult about being a servant. You never get to know things like that.

Kuai: Anju, I'd rather have friends than servants. 

Anju: Are you s-saying I'm your friend?

Kuai: Yeah. You might be Zuko's servant, but you're not mine anymore.

Anju: Yay! This is great! I have a friend!

Kuai: I'm your only friend?

Anju: I work so much here so I can pay taxes for my family. I almost never get to meet new people.

Kuai: Well, hey. You met someone today, didn't you?

Anju: Yeah.

Suddenly one of the palace guards walked over.

Guard: My lady, it's time for me to escort you to lunch.

Kuai: Well Anju, I've been summoned *laughs* have a nice day!

Anju: You too!

Kuai and the guard walked back to the dining hall and Kuai took her seat, all alone. The food was in front of her, but she didn't want to touch it until Zuko got there.

She waited ten minutes until he got there and sat down.

Zuko: Hello Lovely *kisses her* how was your day?

Kuai: Mostly boring until I met Anju.

Zuko: Anju?

Kuai: Yes, she's one of the palace servants.

Zuko: How did you meet her?

Kuai: We fed the turtle ducks together. She's a wonderful person, we'll be great friends.

Zuko looked at Kuai concerned. Zuko still hadn't eaten yet, and Kuai had her hands in her lap as if waiting.

Zuko: Why haven't you eaten?

Kuai: I was waiting for you to come.

Zuko: Don't, I can't have my wife starving because I'm late.

Kuai: I'm not *stomach growls* starving...

Zuko: Eat.

They both ate the slightly cold food without much conversation. Kuai and Zuko finished at the same time. Kuai got up and quickly walked out of the dining hall and Zuko followed without her knowing.

He caught up to her and pushed her against the wall.

Zuko: Lovely, why are you running away from me?

Kuai: I'm not, I just know you have work to do.

Zuko: I can spare a few minutes for you.

Zuko starts kissing her neck, still against the wall of that hallway. (It's his palace, he can do what he wants) She giggled as he moved up to her mouth and kissed her deeply for about 4 minutes until a man came up and tapped Zuko on the shoulder.

Angrily and disappointed, Zuko departed from Kuai.

Man: Firelord Zuko, I'm sorry to interrupt, but we received a messenger hawk from someone who calls himself 'Leader of Team Avatar.'

Zuko/Kuai: Sokka.

Man: It seems to require your immediate attention, your highness. My lady, excuse us.

Kuai: *angrily clenches teeth* Of course.

With that, an annoyed Zuko walked away from a frustrated Kuai.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Cool, another update in one day!

Sokka just always has to ruin it, even when he's not there.

Stay tuned for awesomeness, action, and drama!

<33333IrishLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 648 20
ᵃ ᶻᵘᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝..𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎?" 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. ➪ A story about a y...
759K 19.3K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
631 38 11
A long time ago, their was piece among all four nations. That is until the fire- nation attacked. The former Avatar died and was reborn into the next...
5.6K 192 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...