Ride Or Die Chick

By UrbanQueen

Benjamin "Money" Carter is a vivacious young stickup kid, along with his wife Angel of four years. The two ha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 3

71.4K 2.1K 758
By UrbanQueen

Chapter 3

"I'll stomp a bitch into her casket over you, Benjamin." —Angel

Every second felt like a minute, every minute felt like an hour and every hour felt like a day, as I paced up and down inside my bedroom. It was six o clock, but my mind was far from the thought of sleep. It hadn't been since the twelve hours ago I last saw Money. My nerves were rattled to the core.

All sorts of horrific thoughts went through my head. The first thing I thought about was someone from our past catching up to us. Retaliating on him for a stickup we did. That was the one thing we would always have to worry about. Money and I may have been robbers, but we were no killers. Our victims got to live. That was one line we promised we would never cross. It was one thing to steal money, but a whole other to steal a life.

Besides the fact Money was missing, I'd gotten an anonymous text message with the words:

I fucked him good tonight, see how much I look out for you? Now you don't have to worry about that chore for now. So take care of my man until he comes back home where he always is.

The text didn't really bother me. The sender did have a name, Tasha, but it was from an unknown number. Which meant this was clearly sent to the wrong person. I've never heard the name associated with Money a day in my life. I didn't even suspect for a second it had anything to do with him. We were faithful to each other and there were no ifs, ands or buts to it. The only reason I hadn't deleted it, were for laughs once Money came through the door.

That was my main concern right now, anyway. Money's disappearance. I glance at the clock again to see only a minute has gone by. I know I shouldn't be reading the time, because it'll only keep stressing me out. But I can't help myself. I could never fathom the type of women that automatically flipped once they realized they went to sleep and woke up, seeing their man never stepped foot through the door.

I'd never been like that, I liked to give the benefit of the doubt. Why wasn't there ever leniency on the man? Already premeditated bias that he was doing something wrong was wrong. Who was to say he wasn't out bleeding to death somewhere from getting in a terrible accident, while you were at home already packing his shit because you assumed he was cheating? I always felt like if those thoughts came so quickly, you never had trust in him anyway.

For Money not to contact me since he left for the barbershop last night, I knew something was wrong. He did tell me not to wait up because he would probably be back late; but he said a little late, not until the next day.

Then, like straight out of a tv show. I finally heard it—it was a faint noise, but I knew what it was. It was the sound of the front door opening and closing. I stopped pacing in relief and put a hand on my wild heartbeat. I could hear moving around out front in the living room, but moments later footsteps came closer and closer to the back until the bedroom door was gently pushed open.

I had on a thin creme silk robe that was open, exposing my spaghetti strap nightwear and still, I felt so hot.

Money stepped in and I could see the look of surprise on his face. For a moment it was silent between us. But he spoke a second later. "Why you not sleepin', Bratz?" He asked, taking off his jacket as he walked over to the closet and hung it up.

It takes another moment for words to be said back, because I can't believe he's standing here, when he just wasn't. "How could I? I was worried about you." I say watching him walk all over the room. He hadn't quiet faced me yet. He was just putting his clothing items in the places they belonged. "You didn't answer any of my calls. You said you were only going to the barbershop, that was twelve hours ago. I thought something happened."

He pulled his shirt over his head exposing his slender build and the abs that were starting to come into place. "I told you the shop is crowded on these nights."

"Until six in the morning? The sun is about to come up." I glance at his head and notice he also had no haircut. It was hardly noticeable because Money never waited until his hair looked bad enough to get a cut; but I could still tell a fresh hair cut apart from the one he left home with.

He looked over his shoulder at me and assessed my face. "I never told you I was going there to get a haircut. I said I was going to chop it up with the guys. Joe didn't shut down until close to five something. And I still had to drive home. It's gonna take some time." He said.

Joe was an older guy in his late sixties, he owned a barbershop a couple blocks away from here and he was really cool with everyone. His shop was known as a hangout spot. A lot of the time guys would go there playing dominos, craps, talking crazy to each other and just sit back drinking until the next day. I knew this was true because I've past by the shop a couple times and seen it open well into the wee hours of the morning. It was a private owned business so Joe closed his shop when he felt like it. The barbershop story would sound crazy to most people knowing they would never be open at such a time, but I've actually seen it numerous times to know Money wasn't lying.

"C'mere." He says. I walk up to him and he gently cups my face, making me look up at him. "What's the matter baby girl?" He asks softly.

I just hug him. His hands go around my waist, keeping me against his body. I don't want to cry so I bury my face in his chest. It's the first thing he should've done when he walked through the door. He had me scared to death. Anything could have been happening to him during that time I was here pacing back and forth like a mad woman.

"You had me so worried, check your cellphone next time. What? Did you do a lick without me or something?"

I notice his body is a bit tense. He hadn't said much since he walked through the door and he seemed a bit off.

Money and I never robbed someone without each other. He's tried it before, to see what it felt like to do it without me, but I rather us do it with each other. I was the extra pair of eyes and ears for him. Anything could go wrong during a robbery. It was never meant to be a one man job no matter how easy. That's how most robbers ended up underground. They were too busy being greedy and thinking about not wanting to split profits with someone else and ended up getting killed, instead.

By his facial expression I could tell he was trying to word his sentences before he spoke. "Yeah...to be honest I stayed at the shop until three and then went out and caught a lick. I know not telling you was selfish and I'm sorry. I feel like you shouldn't even be robbing people with me. I'm suppose to be your provider and protector. Not having you help fend for us. So I just did it real quick. Some random dude I saw walking by himself."

I force myself to relax, hoping he was careful and covered his tracks by not letting the man see his face. I don't even ask to see this money he got, because whoever he robbed must've only had enough to give him for pocket money. Else he would've walked through the door holding something.

Since we were already up and talking, I decide to bring up the mysterious text message. I bring it up on my phone and look up, seeing Money stepping into black sweatpants. I even reread the words in my head real quick just for the ridiculousness of it. I giggle. "Money c'mere, do you know who this is?"

He came walking over to me and took the phone. When he looked at the screen I didn't know if I was imagining it, but barely, just barely if even noticeable, Money seemed slightly taken aback. But just as quick as the expression came it left.

"How do you know her?" He asked, giving me my phone back.

"I don't and I just asked you that, so why are you asking me the same question sir?" I smile. He doesn't. Almost like he has an attitude. So it makes my smile falter.

He was way too serious, it was off putting almost. Ever since he walked through the door he seemed kind of tense. To the point it kind of starts to make me suspicious, even though I know it's silly. I mean, Money could not be cheating on me. That would not be possible, it couldn't be.

But I stay calm.

"I don't know either," He shrugged violently. "If you don't know who she is, how imma know?"

I fold my arms and narrow my eyes at him, my voice never raising. Any other chick would've been yelling and screaming, acting the fool. But I didn't have to get loud, it wasn't in my personality, "What do you mean why am I questioning you? I wasn't, I was just playing with you. Of course I don't actually think you know the woman who sent it. You're being way too defensive right now. Only people who are guilty start getting hostile like that."

"I'm not being defensive, it just didn't sound like you were playing to me."

"No you are being defensive, because you know me better than to think I would ever think you would cheat on me. I trust you and you know that."

"Fine, you're right, my fault. It's obviously just the wrong number." He said wanting to drop it.

I was going to let it go, but since he wanted to act offhand just now, I'd be petty for no reason. "Just for the record, since the woman in the text claims she's sleeping with someone's husband and I have a husband, do you know a Tasha? It says it's from Tasha."

"No." He replied before I barely finished the sentence. He even took the phone out of my hand one more time to look at the message again. I stared at his face to see any signs of guilt while he reread the text. But he read it silently, unfazed. He handed it back to me. "Nope, don't know her."

I wasn't stupid, there was a slight possibility he could've been lying to me. His odd behavior was showcasing something was wrong. I may have been overthinking it, or I might not be. I stood there puncturing my bottom lip with my teeth. "Are you having sex with this woman?"

I don't know why I got so scared but my heart was pounding. It was either because I actually asked the question, or I was afraid of the answer. I sometimes wondered how other women felt when their man cheated; but now I think I had an idea, because I could feel the anxiety building up just waiting for his answer alone. Money cheating would devastate me.

"Get the fuck outta here..." He says more to himself. A chuckle slips past his lips showing he's now humored. He looks at me warningly and even in amusement. "Angel, go to sleep, aight? 'Cause you really wildin' right now. How I'm sleeping with someone I don't know?"

"Then look me in my face when you say it. I'm not over there, I'm right here." I say turning his chin so he was looking in my eyes and not over my shoulder.

"Come on kid, you serious right now? You know the answer to that question already."

"So say it. Say you're not cheating on me Benjamin. What's the problem?"

He knew I was serious, I didn't call him by his government name because I knew how much he disliked it.

Money clenched his jaws then looked away. He then opened his mouth, a faint sound coming out but he quickly shut his mouth and looked toward the carpet. My heart twisted and I thought I got my answer right there, until he turned back to me after a couple more seconds.

"Angel..." He said, looking me square in the eyes. "No, I'm not cheating on you."

My face lit up after hearing his answer, but just that fast my joy died. I felt bad for even doubting him. He was about to walk around me but I grabbed his wrist, stopping him. "I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry. I just wanted to hear you say it."

"Yeah aight." He said dryly, brushing past me. I understood why he was a little upset, because I would be if he asked me if I had been with another man. I'd most likely be more hurt if anything.

Money's laid out on the bed now, hands behind his head as he stares up at the ceiling. I let out a low sigh and climb onto the bed with him. Instead of laying in my spot I straddle him and rest my head on his chest. He doesn't push me away which I'm grateful for. I could count the number of times we've ever argued and I wasn't the type that liked to create drama for the fun of it.

He wasn't saying anything and it was killing me. I pop my head up,"Baby I'm sorry." I whine, looking into his face and counting the uncountable number of thick long lashes on his eyelids. "Forgive me."

Money licked his lips. "I still can't believe I even answered that. Like wow...I'm shocked you was sittin' in here really thinkin' about that shit. That's your problem, you let people get in your head and tell you anything. Now what if the number actually wasn't wrong, would you still believe me then?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if the person had the right number, but was lying on me. Playing a joke or something. One of the guys could've set it up as a joke at the shop. They have sisters and female friends they could've put up to it." He shrugged.

"Joke would be on her because if she was talking about being with you as a prank she'd get her ass beat."

"But that's what I'm saying, you don't have to do none of that. Just ignore people Angel. You too gullible sometimes and I gotta change that about you."

I was hearing him. Because maybe I was. But I didn't play when it came to Money. "I'll stomp a bitch into her casket over you, Benjamin."

He looks dead at me, he has dark brown eyes that look black most of the times, but they're so beautiful to me. "Come on kid, you still not listening to what I'm saying."

Kid, sandbox shorty, he made up the names when we were children. He grew out of calling me some of them, but the more common ones he started to use when we got older were baby, baby girl, ma and one of my favorites were, love. He narrowed his eyes at me as if he was thinking about something in his head.

"You don't even have to worry about that. Because any time a female come up to you with that shit, which would never happen, you know it's a lie. Just think about it, we're always together. When would I find the time to mess with females?"

It was so true, I never even thought about it. Which is ironic considering it should've been the first clue all of this was a misunderstanding. Aside from his little hangout sessions here and there with other guys around the way or from the barbershop, Money and I were glued at the hip.

I stroke his cheek, now feeling ashamed of myself. Ashamed knowing he probably came in the house annoyed, because I was an irritating person. I couldn't get antsy every second of the day he wasn't around me. He needed five minutes to breathe and I knew that, I did. I was working on it, but it was hard. It was just that he was my only friend and family. Literally the only cellphone number I had. It was sad but I had no life, so I got really lonely without him very quickly.

"It was just...you took so long to come back home...I thought something happened...I was scared Money." I clear my throat, clearing away the emotions, trying not to think of life without him.

I didn't really want this but if I wanted him to have some freedom I had a gut feeling there would be many more nights like this.

"Imma always come back to you ma," Money said wrapping his hand around my neck and gently pulling me down, kissing my lips. "Let's go to sleep. We have a big night ahead of us tomorrow."

I laid beside him and he repositioned himself, so his face was in my breasts and my arms were wrapped around his head, hugging him to me. I listened to his steady breathing until he fell asleep, before I followed shortly after, dozing off into a peaceful slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935K 7.7K 7
It was every little black boy's dream to make it out the hood, and the only way you made it out the hood was either you hustled, went to college, or...
581K 16.3K 49
Some parts are private, so press follow to view the chapters. Have you ever loved someone so bad that you cannot see were you're hurting inside & th...
265K 7.9K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...