The Optimum Project

By gmoney2123

Noah price is a regular 15 year old kid, like you or me. Except that he lives in the year 2159, knows how to... More

READ ME
Authors note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
The Selena (chapter 4)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
The dragon
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 41

3.1K 275 7
By gmoney2123

The bridge

According to Tom, even with taking the elevators, we had walked three football fields! And that was mainly because of my refusal to use the shifters, which would have cut that walk down to one football field, this was a big stinking ship.

When we walked onto the bridge, my mind was blown, holographic displays were being projected, yet as I watched people reached out and pressed the holographic buttons, which responded with a solid sounding click. Pix smiled at my look of amazement and he leaned in, "the entire bridge is rigged up with 'hard light' projectors, they're as efficient and effective as normal control panels, but with out the clutter."

"What about power issues?" I asked in awe

"In the case of an outage, all tablets owned by a member assigned to the bridge are capable of simulating a command console, and the more vital boards have their own synchrotron power core built into the floor, there." He pointed to a small hatch, which had black and yellow tape bordering it.

I looked around, trying my best to truly take in the bridge and over look the control panels. The bridge was actually rather expansive, and it sat in about the middle of the ship, favoring the front a bit. It was designed with large plasma windows and expansive views of the open void beyond, large cannons were mounted on the tops and sides, making any attack run in a fighter a death wish, and missles? Forget about it, the bullets would shred through them like paper.

I noted one of the unoccupied consoles labels, 'basic operations matrix' was written in block letters at the top.
Walking over, I looked through the various control diodes. There was one for internal ship temperature, lights, a master 'fuse' for the engines, and another for manufacturing. I turned to talk to pix, but he wasn't where I thought he would be. Instead he was over by what looked like the command chair, talking to, guess who? The commander!

I finally heard Tom, who had been silent for quite a while, processing and cataloging all the information that had been made available to us.

"That is commander E. Sharp, captain of this entire expedition."

I mentally nodded, making sure to remember the name as pix gestured over to me and the two began walking this way, I tried to stay calm but my nerves were starting to get the better of me, after all, it's not every day you speak to the the commander of an entire fleet.

--------------A/N---------------
I'd like to thank everyone for their awesome support!

I (hopefully) will end the next segment on a bit of a calm note, that way you guys aren't left hanging when I start school this coming Thursday.

As for publishing segments after that? I honestly don't know, with luck I can publish on every weekend, or every other weekend, it all depends on wether or not I'll have the time.
Again, thanks for the support!
-gmoney

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 288 28
After a disaster strikes the earth, teenagers are all that survive. But they develop strange and dangerous abilities that brand them as monsters. The...
45 10 6
This story is about a 17 year old girl with 4 best friends,Oliver,Daniel,Flow and Ethan. She was a girl who loved astronomy more than anything in the...
59 2 1
Seventeen year-old Tyler Johnson lives a normal life. He has no friends, no social life, and doesn't do much at all. At least, that was before the Ex...
70 1 1
Connection has been lost, your lives are in danger and the possibility of ever seeing Earth again dwindles drastically. You're all on your own, in t...