The dragon

She was Gorgeous
Her design was both a beauty and horror, a kind sight for those in need and a nightmare for those against her.
She had a long cockpit, large enough that I could sit in it comfortably without feeling too claustrophobic, and long, finned wings that jutted backwards and filled with tubings so that they looked like the wings of its name sake.
The engine was in the rear, flanked by two flaps that extended out from the rear of the rounded cockpit and ended slightly after the engine did. Beneath the wings was an array of fully functional plasma cannons, and a micro synchrotron power core sat in the middle of the ship, distinguished by the blue glow emanating from the graphene bonded glass.

--------------------------------------------

"She's amazing!" I stepped forward and placed my thumb on the edge of the cockpit glass, which immediately retracted and slid into the main body.

Pix had a huge grin on his face, "you haven't even heard about what she' got under the hood."

I looked at him, "like what?"

"It's got a micro-tractor beam in it that can gather scraps, and teams of specialized nanites can literally modify the ship with said parts, all under your control."
My eyes narrowed at him, "prove it."

He pulled out a handgun and tossed it onto one of the wings, and I watched as the wings seemed to ripple and the gun disappeared, before a new barrel appeared on the edge of one of the cannons.

"So cool," I looked at Pix, " and I'm the one who gets to fly it?"

He grinned, " she's all yours, combat ready."

Suddenly the ship shuddered as we came out of warp, and a massive blast rocked the ship and sent most of us sprawling to the ground.

Looks like I'd need to fly the dragon and see what she was made of.

--------------------------------------------------------

Will hopefully see if I can draw up a sketch of what the dragon looks like.

Sorry again for teeny-tiny chapters.