My Daughter (Dramione)

By wantinghemmings

It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding W... More

Prologue (Updated)
Chapter 1 (Updated)
Chapter 2 (Updated)
Chapter 3 (Updated)
Chapter 4 (Updated)
Chapter 5 (Updated)
Chapter 6 (Updated)
Chapter 8 (Updated)
Chapter 9 (Updated)
Chapter 10 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 1 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)
Chapter 12 (Updated)
Chapter 13 (Updated)
Chapter 14 (Updated)
Chapter 15 (Updated)
Chapter 16 (Updated)
Chapter 17 (Updated)
Chapter 18 (Updated)
Chapter 19 (Updated)
Chapter 20 (Updated)
Chapter 21 (Updated)
Chapter 22 (Updated)
Chapter 23 (Updated)
Chapter 24 (Updated)
Chapter 25 (Updated)
Chapter 26 (Updated)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Chapter 44 (Book 2)
Chapter 45 (Book 2)
Chapter 46 (Book 2)
Chapter 47 (Book 2)
Chapter 48 (Book 2)
Chapter 49 (Book 2)
Chapter 50 (Book 2)
Chapter 51 (Book 2)
Chapter 52 (Book 2)
Epilogue: The Final Chapter
Bloodlines Published!

Chapter 7 (Updated)

38.2K 1.2K 928
By wantinghemmings

*Chapter 7 (2017 Update)*

It was a sunny Sunday morning. Professor McGonagall had debated whether she would join the students to Hogsmeade or stay in the castle to finish a few paperwork before the weekends. Before she could make a decision a black owl had flown in from an open window and landed on the mahogany desk.

The old professor was familiar with the dark owl. She quickly retrieved the letter from the owl's beak and told the owl to rest in the owlery and be fed. After she had read the letter she requested for the Potions Master to be summoned to her office.

"You requested my presence, Headmistress?" Professor Adams entered the Headmistress' office.

Minerva stood from her chair and greeted the middle-aged wizard standing near the door.

"Ah. Marco. I apologize if I pulled you out from something important." She gestured for him to take a seat on the couch near the fireplace. "Tea?"

"Thank you, Headmistress." He smiled gratefully and watched the enchanted teapot pour the tea in the antique teacup. "I was just restocking the potions cupboard for when he arrives."

Minerva nodded and pour herself a cup of tea. "Of course. Speaking of him. Marco, I received a letter from India this morning. It seems that he has finished with his expedition and is expected to arrive today." The old headmistress informed.

"That is wonderful news, Headmistress!" Marco exclaimed. "But I will surely miss Hogwarts." He sighed. He had spent the few weeks enjoying the company of the students and helping them grow and understand the importance of potions. Even the first years have enjoyed each lesson the middle-aged wizard taught.

The headmistress looked at her short-term employee, she had heard wonderful feedback from the students about this middle-aged wizard. It might be his first time teaching, but he did an exceptional job. He was almost made for the job. Minerva immediately had the Ministry know and suggest that Marco be a part of the teaching staff for the training Aurors.

"I am glad you enjoyed your time here, Marco. Our students will miss you dearly."

"Please, Professor, if you do need another substitute please do not hesitate to owl me."

Tea and a meaningful conversation can make the time fly. Before the two professors noticed it was almost late afternoon and the original Potion's master would return from his extended trip any moment, but not later than dinner.

As Marco was finishing a story about a first-year exploding cauldron the flames in the fireplace began to erupt and turn into huge green flames. The two professor stood up to greet the person traveling by Floo network.

The flames began to calm down and appeared Draco Malfoy exiting the Floo gracefully and confidently. He brushed the ash that stuck to his robes and greeted his old professor.

"Mr. Malfoy." The old headmistress greeted with a smile. "It is wonderful to see you again."

"It is good to be back, headmistress. I do apologize for the delay."

"Nothing to worry about, my boy. Come sit, let us have tea and tell us about the stone you found in India." The old headmistress poured a cup and offered it to the young potions master.

Monday marks the start of a new school week. Professor Minerva McGonagall decided to have brunch in her office along with a few officials from the Ministry, Professor Adams, and Draco Malfoy. The headmistress insisted that they join together to discuss the future recommendations qualified to join the Ministry, Professor Adams' recommendation to take on a post in training Aurors, and it was the perfect opportunity for Draco Malfoy to present his astonishing discovery.

"That is indeed a wonderful discovery, Mr. Malfoy. I do pray you'll win The Alchemist Award next year." An old woman praised as Draco finished his report.

"You flatter me, Mrs. Havan." Draco humbly replied.

Draco noticed the scowl on the face of Benson Beckett, an Auror specializing in Alchemy and notorious for taking others work to become his own. He was very much like Gilderoy Lockhart, but unlike Gilderoy, Benson was ruthless and thirsty for glory.

"With such a discovery you should work closely with the Ministry to publish your discovery. If I may, why stay in Hogwarts?" The Benson questioned.

Draco knew of this man's tactics and very carefully plotted his moves. When he found the stone he immediately asked the Minister to keep an eye on the old cheat. Draco also requested that if anyone had asked about his whereabouts they would say that he was India, but in truth, he was searching for the stone in Indonesia and after finding the stone they moved to India to cover up any suspicion from the cheat. His time in India he had thought of ways avoiding every possible route leading for him to stay in the Ministry or his home whilst finishing the book.

During the early summer in India, he was surprised to see the Headmistress of his old school waiting for him in his tent. The old Headmistress visited with the intention to ask him if he was interested in filling the post of Potions Master during the next school year.

He immediately obliged, knowing that the castle was well protected and he can request for a hidden room in the castle to finish the book without worrying about Benson's sneaky tactics to get his hands on the information.

"I have been away for a while now. I would like to take it easy for a few months and it is a good opportunity to spend some time with my son." Draco explained, not wanting to divulge any other information before the completed presentation.

The headmistress had noticed the Potions Master's eagerness to end the conversation on the stone. She immediately countered another question from the recruiter and directed it to another issue.

Draco gave the Headmistress a small nod which she returned. After Draco had explained the situation the headmistress agreed to the plan and gave him what he needed in order to finish the book.

"Auror Buckett must be frustrated." The headmistress chuckled.

After the official left and the house elves collecting the plates and cutlery, Minerva and Draco resumed their conversation near the fireplace.

"I bet he is, Professor," Draco smirked, he had just outsmarted a witty fraud, yet he cannot let his guard down.

"Thank you for accepting the post, Mr. Malfoy. I could not think of anyone else fitting to be our Potions Master."

"The pleasure is all mine, Professor. It is the least I can do for all you've done for me."

"Noon is almost over." She pointed out when she heard the faint bells. "It is time for you meet your students."

"Thank you, Headmistress." Draco shook her hand and left her office.

As he made his way to the Potions classroom the walls reminded him of his time in Hogwarts, both the good and the bad. He frowned when he remembered the night he let the Death Eaters inside the castle. How he watched when his old mentor kill Dumbledore and not to mention how his psychotic aunt destroyed the Great Hall. Part of this castle haunted his thoughts, his memories, but most of it he only recalled the simple times. The times when he was walking around the halls with Greg and Goyle, pulling pranks on unsuspicious Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs and making fun of the Muggleborns.

Once he reached the Potions Classroom door he stared at it. How he remembered Professor Snape startling everyone with a loud slam of the door. He laughed remembering how the Gryffindors would shake in fear when they saw Snape's flowing cloak as he took the steps towards the board. It was one of the best moments of Potions class.

A smirk appeared on his thin lips when an idea surfaced. He was lucky that he was wearing a long cloak today or else the idea would be all for naught. Oh, he would enjoy this. He would need a muggle video camera to record all the reactions of his students.

Before he entered he dropped his smirk replacing it with a stoic and bored expression. With his right hand, he forcefully pushed the wooden door making it hit the wall and causing a loud bang.

The chatter inside the room has died down. He was greeted by wide eyes and the sound of gasps and murmurs as he walked towards the board. With a wave of his wand, the chalk levitated from his desk and began writing his name.

"Good Afternoon, everyone. I am Draco Malfoy your Potions Master." He spoke and scanned the room. His eyes landed on his son who's in shock with his wide eyes and gaped mouth.

"Since this is my first day, let's have a roll call. Once I have called your name please raise your hand to be recognized." He reached for the piece of parchment that Professor Adams had prepared for him.

"Sandra Fletcher."

"Present, sir."

"Kimberly Flynn."

"Present."

"Alicia Granger."

"Present sir."

"Okay, next." When he realized what he just said he read the name again, out loud. It was no mistake and he was not hallucinating.

"Yes, sir?" A soft voice rang him out of his thoughts and stared at the young girl sitting next to his son.

Alicia dropped her raised hand and looked at her new Potions Master. She could sense the confusion her professor was radiating. Did she do something wrong?

Could it be?

When he realized he was staring he quickly cleared his throat and continued the roll call. Every name that he announced only brought his thoughts back to the young girl. He never imagined hearing a name in years.

Could this young girl possibly be Hermione Granger's child?

As the day progressed he had created ways to confirm that this young woman was indeed Hermione's child. He had concocted a potion similar to the Amortentia potion, but instead of a love potion, it would remind the user of their parent's scent.

Draco had asked a volunteer to test the potion Alicia eagerly raised her hand. He gestured for her to approach the cauldron and instructed her to identify the potion.

"It is the odorem parente." Alicia said after studying the silver colored potion. "It's a familiarity potion. The scent usually reminds the user of their parent's scent. For example, I smell, flowers, the flowers from springtime and chamomile tea."

It was all that Draco had needed to confirm that this young woman was Hermione's child. He remembered how didn't need to turn around to know it was Hermione standing behind him, her flowery spring fragrance was all the confirmation he needed.

Despite confirming that Alicia was indeed Hermione's daughter, he was beginning to feel uncomfortable. Seeing her was a reminder of what he did her, what he refused to fight for. Because of his father's promise to the Greengrass family he was forced to marry Astoria, Daphne's younger sister. Despite being forced into a marriage he had grown to love the youngest Greengrass. Astoria was a beautiful and gentle woman. Any man would be very lucky to have her.

15 years have passed since he last seen Hermione. He always wondered what had happened to her. Last he heard she was working with Pansy in one of the Parkinson companies.

He was saved by the bell, literally. The bells rang indicating the end of the period. The students started to pile out and go to their next classes. After everyone had left Scorpius stood up from his desk and made his way to his father.

"Father, what are you doing here?" Scorpius asked curiously.

"The Headmistress asked me to come and teach Potions," Draco replied not bothering to even look at his only son.

Scorpius looked at the floor sadly. Even he did love his father he hated when Draco would turn into his old cold self.

Draco noticed his son's lugubrious expression and stopped what he was doing to approach him.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, placing his hand on his son's shoulder. "I agreed to the proposal in order for me to spend more time with you. I have been gone for a while now and I do miss my son."

Scorpius looked up and smiled, but he then his smile dropped.

"How about mother?" He asked concerned for his loving mother. "Won't she be lonely without you?"

"Don't worry. She went to France, to stay with her cousins for a while. We'll join in France for Christmas." Draco answered, assuring his son.

"Okay, father," Scorpius replied. "I better go, father. Alicia and I need to finish a report of Magical Creatures. He added and pointed at Alicia who was outside of the classroom speaking with a boy in red robes. Draco recalled the boy as James Potter, Harry Potter's son.

"Very well, my son." Draco nodded. "I will see you at dinner."

Draco watched as Scorpius greeted Alicia and offered to hold some of Alicia's books. He took a seat on his comfy chair and began thinking of the events that transpired. During class, he noticed that Alicia looked exactly like his son or it's just because they have the same color hair. Still, it bothered him, if Hermione was married then shouldn't Alicia carry her father's name, but then again he never heard of Hermione's marriage to anyone.

If that's the case, then who was the blonde arse who left Hermione and his child? He thought as he continued to grade papers on his desk. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 3.7K 77
Harry Potter is dead. In the aftermath of the war, in order to strengthen the might of the magical world, Voldemort enacts a repopulation effort. Her...
680 27 23
In her mind, Hermione Granger has left the Wizarding World for a very good reason. However, it leaves everyone who loves her to wonder what they'd do...
120K 2.9K 29
Three months have passed since the war and all is well, or so Hermione Granger thought. One day her entire world changes when she is told that she wa...
22.6K 1.3K 53
After the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger was the Golden Girl who helped Harry Potter defeat Lord Voldemort. She was celebrated for her achievem...