my life as Aubrey (currently...

By Screamin_to_be_heard

Aubrey has a bad life at home. Her father beats her and her mother is to busy getting high or drunk to care... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34 The Ending

chapter 10

14.1K 91 2
By Screamin_to_be_heard

it's a week before the court date and me and Landon just got back from school when we walked in and was greeted by Landons parents. his mother was grinning his father was looking down at her adoringly.

"what's going on?" asked Landon.

Jane grinned at me. "Aubrey, how would you like a girls day?"

i didnt really feel like going anywhere but she looked so excited and happy, i couldnt be the one to wipe that look off her face. "why not?" i said.

"oh were going to have so much fun! shopping and eating out at a restraint." she gave her husband and Landon a kiss on the check and said over her shoulder to me, "see you in the car in 5."

"thank you so much for doing this. you have no idea how much this means to her. she's always wanted a daughter to have girls nights with." Elliot said. he patted my shoulder gave me a smile and walked off.

"why didnt she just have another child?" i asked Landon.

"i think she wasnt able to conceive anymore. i never asked. it was always a sore subject."

i knew exactly what he was talking about. what Landon said brought back memories that i havent thought of in a long time.

FLASH BACK:

i ran down the stairs when i heard my parents pull into the drive though. i cant believe it! finally they bring home my baby brother. i know were going to be years apart since i'm already in 6th grade but i dont care. i throw open the door but stop short. my mom wasn't caring a baby or a car seat, she was tucked under my father's arm.  they brushed past me, my dad taking her to their room. when he came back out he walked into the kitchen grabbing a beer and sitting down.

"dad, where's the baby? what's wrong with mom?" i asked.

he sighed and shook his head. "Aubrey, we lost the baby." his voice cracked at the end.

my eyes teared up and the aching started in my throat. "what? how?"

he shrugs. "there's something wrong with the baby's placenta. it got detached and the baby ended up dying. she can never have anymore."

i started crying i didn't fully understand but i got the part where he said she can never have babies.

he got up and mumbled about having to go to work. i walked to my mothers room and knocked on the door but no answer. i opened the door to see my mother on her bed clutching a perception bottle.

"mom?" i whispered. but all i got back was a broken sob. she pulled up the blanket over her head. i patted her shoulder and slowly closed the door. that day i closed the door on us forever.

END OF FLASH BACK:

"hey, Aubrey?" Landons voice makes me come back to reality.

"yeah?"

"my mom's waiting for you, you should go." he kissed my forehead and gave my hand a squeeze.

i nodded and waved. i walked out the door going up to the car Jane is waiting in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"do you like them?" she asked.

i nodded and looked back down at the jeans i'm wearing. this is the third pair. these were light blue and faded in some spots. their long on me which is good, i know their going to shrink in the dryer. i made sure all the clothes she's buying me are on sale.

"good we'll take them." she said to the sale's lady.

i turn and walked back into the dressing room and change out of them. i gave them to the sales lady and she rung them up. so far i have three pairs of jeans and five t-shirts.

"now what should we get you?" she asked walking out of the store.

"really, i don't need anything else."

"well you need a dress for the court date."

i almost forgot about that. "right."

she grinned. "i know the perfect place." she grabbed my hand and started towards another store. when we got there, there was tons of dresses. "okay, the question is, skirt or dress?" she started going threw a rack of clothes so i did the same.

we were there for almost for an hour until i found it. i held it up admiring it when she walked over. "you must try it on."

i smiled and walked to the dressing room. i pulled it on not able to zip it up all the way. it was dark blue. it was snug fitting going until it hit above my knees. it loosened some around my legs thanks to the slit that doesn't go that far up. it had spaghetti straps and the neckline stops just above the boobs so it doesn't so any cleavage besides the small V that is cut to show some.

i walked out of the dressing room to show Jane and she grinned. "you look great! now all you need is something to cover your shoulder. give me a moment." she walked away. i sat down to wait.

about a minute later she came back. she held up a small black button up sweater. i put it on, it went to the middle of my stomach stopping their. and the sleeves go a little past my elbows. she pulled me in front of the full length mirror. she was right the jacket pulled the look together.

"now shoes." she grinned.

i groaned internally and went to change.

"okay, so your already tall so we don't have to worry about that but we still want some height." she scanned the aisle where the shoes are.

she pulled down a box and gave it to me. i pulled out a shoe. it was black. i pulled it on, it strapped across my toes and buckled around my ankle. she nods in approvingly. "now lunch."

i pulled off the shoes and followed her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we just got back from girls night. im in my room hanging up the dress when a knock came. Jane came in holding a small box. "here." i took the box. "it was my grandmothers."

i pulled the top off and looked inside. a silver brett sat inside. it had a butterfly on it with a blue gem on it. "it's beautiful. i cant take this." i go to give it back but she wont let me.

"my grandmother gave it to my mom, she gave it to me and now i'm giving it to you."

i gave her a huge. "thank you for everything. today, letting me stay here and this."

she hugged me back." you are so very welcome." she walked out smiling.

i put the top back on and put the box on the dresser.i felt wetness on my check and i reached up, wiped at it but another one replaced it.  it was a tear. i sat down on the ground with my back to my bed and cried for the times i wished i still had with my mom and the times that i still remember. like when we used to get up in the middle of the night to make cookies or on  Sundays we watched movies all day or pig out on cereal for breakfast because my mom never liked making anything in the morning.

i dont know how long i stayed down there crying but i heard a knock. "just a second." i called out. i ran to the bathroom and splashed water on my face. my eyes were still red and my nose was still running. i walked back out to my room and sat down. "come in."

Landon came in. he looked right at me and i knew he saw my red eyes. "hey." he says.

"whats up?" i asked.

"just came to see how it went." he leaned back against the wall.

"fine. she got me some clothes and a dress for the court day."

"your going to testify?" he asked, straightening.

i shrug. "i still dont know but i know i'm going to be there."

he nods. "so do you want to go make a dent in that movie list of yours?" he asked.

i smile. "sure." i stand up and walk out with him.

in the middle of the movie my hand found Landon's. he intertwined our fingers and i moved closer so our hips touched. i was still looking at the movie but from the corner of my eye i could see he was looking at me. he leaned over and kissed my temple then my check then my jaw. i turned my head so the next kiss landed on my lips.

at first it was a soft slowly make out but then he grabbed my hips and made me straddle him. i wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in, pressing myself against him, making him moan. he bit my lower lip asking for entrance and i wanted to play with him so i didn't. i heard him growl and i grinned.

i opened my mouth and let him explore my mouth. i ran my hands on his chest and stopped at his jeans. his hands moved from my hips to my lower back, lifting up my shirt and sneaking his hands under it. i pulled back needing air but he just trailed kisses down my neck to my collar bone and up again. he trailed down stopping at the place he would eventually mark me and i knew we should slow down.

"wait, stop." i whispered but his lips just found mine again. i pulled back. "we should slow down."

we both were breathing heavily. "your right. sorry." he said.

i bite my lip and smiled. i went to get off his lap but he wouldn't let me. he turned me around and pulled me back against him. he leaned his chin on my shoulder, putting a kiss there. i smiled and started watching the movie again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
3.4K 36 9
Jenny is tired of the abuse she recives from her family. So she finally makes abreak for it. She meets a nice stranger and his friends and she might...
2.6K 67 25
Nekoda a.k.a Cody's mom has been in rehab since she was a freshman. That's when things went downhill. Her step father was left in charge and he hates...
663K 16.3K 77
Breanna Thompson has suffered the worst kind of abuse. Whether it'd be verbal, physical, sexual or mental. She has gone through it all. She meets a m...