Hers | ✔ | (Editing)

By nadia__writes

❝I know love can be as pointless as it is to Nancy, and perhaps even as revolting as it is to Bill Sikes, but... More

Hers
00| Elysian
01| Orphic
02| Eccedentesiast
03| Kalon
04| Mauerbauertraurigkeit
05| Epiphany
06| Froward
07| Selcouth
08| Monachopsis
09| Illecebrous
10| Petrichor
11| Diaphonous
12| Lagom
13| Philocaly
14| Frisson
15| Abditory
16| Brumous
17| Haimish
18| Atychiphobia
19| Limerence
21| Basorexia
22| Feuillemort
23| Querencia
24| Amaranthine
25| Lacuna
26| Aquiver
27| Commuovere
28| Adamantine
Author's Note
29| Redamancy
30| Kilig
31| Baisemain
32| Hiraeth
33| Eunoia
34| Demure
35| Zweisamkeit
36| Epilogue
37| Balter
One Shot Competition!
Deadlines & FAQ's!
Tomorrow!
One Shot Results!
38| Sirimiri
Prequel Is Up!
39| Latibule

20| Collywobbles

27.6K 1.2K 1K
By nadia__writes

2 0

C o l l y w o b b l e s 

  /kɒlɪwɒb(ə)lz/ 

(n.) butterflies in the stomach.

  ●●●   

For all things my hands have held, the best by far is you.

  ●●●   

Maybe Rose didn't notice.

But ever since their little talk in the backroom, Aaron couldn't stop smiling. He couldn't stop even if he wanted to. 

While he worked the rest of his shift, he did it entirely with a smile. And considering how his regular customers were always used to his grumpy frown, it was a big surprise to see him happy; let alone smiling. 

He could feel the adrenaline going, his heart racing, his hands trembling, but Aaron was too busy smiling to even notice. He didn't care that he looked weird or abnormal, the only thing that mattered was that Rose knew.

She knew what she was able to make him feel, she knew what kind of power she possessed over him, and she knew that he was probably just as lovesick as she was; if not more. 

After dropping Rose home, Aaron took a while as he walked home. He had no idea why, but everything seemed brighter. Everything looked more beautiful, more enchanting. 

And Aaron scowled himself for it. "You're acting like a pussy," He told himself. "Fucking man up."

He heaved out a small breath, while a small smile climbed up his lips. Even though it was a bit chilly out today, Aaron was all warm. This fuzzy feeling from the center of his brain was reaching the tips of his toes that even as he entered his apartment, he didn't shiver once. 

Surprisingly Luke was already there, putting his stuff back where they belonged. When Aaron entered he looked up. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

The scowl was back on. "Well hello to you too,"

"Why are you smiling?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking." 

Luke's hazel stare was burning holes into Aaron's back. "Yeah well I'm not, it was fucking raining the entire trip. It was shit."

Aaron shrugged. "Tough luck,"

"You scaring the fuck out of me."

He frowned. "Why?"

"You seem so-" Luke physically shivered. "-so happy." 

Aaron made a face. "Really?" He sighed, the annoyance laced in his tone. 

Luke nodded, and Aaron could already see some peeling blisters on his forearms. "Yeah," Luke shrugged. "It looks weird."

Aaron just shrugged in response. "Whatever," He grumbled, walking towards his room before he called out. "Good to have you back," 

"I knew you would miss-"

Aaron already shut the door of the room. 

He let out a small breath as he sat down on his bed, his eyes flickering to the protein bar on his bed stand. And when he looked at his stiff unmade, make shift bed that he set up last night, a smile tickled its way to his lips.

Her hands. 

They were the softest thing he has ever touched. Aaron was never really a guy that went along well with thunder; it was one of those things that Aaron usually tried to suck up and ignore, but with how much noise it was making last night and how he could feel every single strike made him swallow a gulp of saliva just thinking about it. 

He found that you do not truly trust someone until they see you sleep. Sleep is one simple act of being dynamic, but the impassional secret behind that simple gesture was something not many could understand. 

Sleep was one vulnerable deed; one where Aaron had to be unconscious while he did it. And he did it because he trusted Rose just as much as he trusted himself. 

Rose was there when he slept. She was there when he temporarily left this world. And she was there when he woke up. Aaron was probably overthinking again, and he was most likely being ridiculous, but it was the truth.

Rose was Rose, and he didn't expect any less or any more of her. 

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban caught the corner of his eye, and Aaron was already drawing towards it before he could say otherwise. He could remember staying up til 3 am for this book, and being only 9 years old, 3 am was a huge deal. 

He grew up with the boy with duct taped glasses, and sometimes, Aaron would like to feel like him. 

Because he wasn't brave, or handsome, or special; he was just Aaron. The boy who liked wearing all black, the boy who often tried to hide the way he felt, and the boy who saw things no one ever deserved. H̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶.

Maybe it was just the way things sorted themselves out that upset Aaron, or maybe it was the way things ended that hurt him. Either way, he was far from sad right now.

People, Aaron thought, were God's tests in this life. Some will stay, others will leave; some will heal, others will break; some will hate, others will love.

Aaron couldn't remember the last time he felt this happy; as though a bird had just took flight from his tight chest, loosening all the knots along the way. He always had this feeling whenever he saw James, and it was just as beautiful every time. 

James never called. 

Aaron never expected him to, but it was always more painful when that circle of hope popped in him. Aaron missed him as he always did. 

He was already a 100 pages through Harry Potter before his phone beeped. And after that he had a small chat with Rose, his heart beating right underneath his typing fingertips. Rose had that effect on him, and he would never be able to unravel the science behind it, but he didn't even care. 

Because Rose was slowly mending him. 

B̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶.̶

★★★

Aaron never had a proper girlfriend before. 

And when he flipped Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban to page 250 and realised that, he could feel his entire heart go ballistic inside his chest. Putting his bookmark in, Aaron sat up on his bed; legs crossed as he thought about this.

He never had a proper girlfriend before. D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶.

He let out a small breath, running his fingers through his hair. For some reason, uncertainty imprinted itself on his bones, screaming at Aaron to not get involved with Rose, to push her away, to hate her.

But he couldn't.

Because while every bone in his body was shrieking at him that this wasn't going to work, his heart was whispering how beautiful would it be if it did. And Aaron listened to it; he listened to the part in him that was wounded the most, the part in him that died a few years ago, and the part in him that only belonged to Rose. 

Maybe he was being melodramatic again, but it was the truth. And he was tired of lying. 

Aaron never looked wrongly at a girl. No girl had ever interested him enough for him to. He only took glances and that was probably all he would want to get anyway, but with Rose - with Rose it was different. 

He wanted to looked wrongly at Rose. 

And by wrongly, he didn't mean a filthy way of looking at a woman; he meant looking at her like she was the world right before your eyes. Your shooting star in a sky of black. Your everything in just one thing. 

Because he wanted to look at the soft arcs of her collarbones, and he wanted to admire the delicate curves of her waist, but Aaron was already despising himself for it. Respect, he thought, Stop being a little boy Aaron, respect is always first. 

With Rose circulating through his mind, it was when the worry started to settle in. "Good God," He muttered, burying his face in his fingers. "I am losing it."

What if her parents disapprove? He'd convince them. 

What if they thought he wasn't good enough for her? He could never be good enough for Rose.

What if they would never allow him near her? He wouldn't be able to live with himself.

And Aaron might have considered that Rose was right and that he was being over dramatic again, but he couldn't help it. All this bubbly happiness in him felt so weird, and so out of place that it was scaring him.

But that was the thing about Rose. 

She wasn't going to break him, wasn't going to try and knock through his armor like everyone else did. She could make him happy. She could make him feel loved. She could make him the Aaron he used to be.

And that absolutely terrified him. 

Because Aaron knew that once you're happy, it can be taken away. And it is going to hurt even more than before.

A̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.

By the time he was already thinking of this, he had already gone as far to the living room where Luke was lazily lounging on the sofa.He gave Aaron one glance before resuming back to the TV. "Okay, so I was right. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Aaron puckered his lips for a few seconds, clenching his jaw. "Nothing,"

Luke heaved a sigh, rubbing his drooping eyes. "Listen man, it's 9 pm on a Friday and you're acting like this." He yawned. "So what the fuck is up with you? Did something happen?"

"How was the trip?" Aaron was sitting next to look, leaning the back of his head on the sofa. 

Luke shrugged. "It was fine, wasn't anything spectacular." Luke's hazel eyes lighted up subtly. "Except for that part when Aiden failed at hitting on a hot chick."

Aaron pursed his lips. "You animals," He muttered.

Luke gave him a knowing look. "You would've enjoyed it just as much." He wouldn't, wouldn't wouldn't.

"No I won't," Aaron scowled, shaking his head.

Luke lazily quirked an eyebrow. "Why?" Rose, Rose, Rose.

Aaron shrugged. "I don't know."

Luke shook his head. "You're weird." Aaron just shrugged once more.

"Oh," Luke added. "And Rose became a runaway."

"What?" He tried to hide the smile behind his voice.

"Yeah," Luke shrugged. "She went with Aiden. I just told the teachers she went to the bathroom,"

"With Aiden?"

Luke rolled his eyes. "Of course not you idiot, I just told them that she got her period or something," Aaron refrained himself from turning pink. 

"Did she tell you where she went?" Aaron asked casually, the secret smile tucked between his lips again. To anyone else, it would've looked like he was annoyed, but he wasn't. He was just smiling into a world that took away all his other smiles. 

"No," Luke said. "But she's like my little sister, so if she wants to get away from this shit trip, she will get away from this shit trip."

Aaron nodded. 

"Did the teachers even notice she was gone?" Aaron just had to know how she pulled this off.

"Aiden told them that Rose was feeling sea sick and that she was reported into the emergency room," Luke was full on grinning, as though impressed with Aiden's work. "And so those damn nosy teachers won't call her parents, Aiden said that they were already with her and that it would be appreciated if they could give the family some space."

A̶a̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶. "Impressive,"

Luke nodded. "I know." He eyed Aaron weirdly once more. "Do you know anything about this?"

Aaron could feel himself smiling. "No,"

Luke narrowed his eyes at him. "You're lying,"

Aaron shrugged. "Whatever you say,"

Luke pursed his lips, his hazel eyes swarming in confusion before he eventually shrugged it off. Aaron could still see the uncertainty lingering in Luke's eyes and chest, but he wasn't going to tell him. 

Rose was his own little secret, his personal miracle. And he wasn't about to go tell Luke first before her own parents; best friend or not, he needed the approval of her parents first. The thought made his palms clammy again. 

Aaron let out one more breath before he bid Luke good night and rushed to his room. He smiled slightly, he was sleeping on his bed today. 

As he laid down on his pillow, he could still smell Rose's lingering scent of raspberries and almonds. He hugged the pillow tighter, already feeling the anxiety tug at his heart.

Aaron couldn't sleep until 4 hours later. Perhaps it was another thing his Mom had an effect on. 

No one will ever love you, 

not because you aren't handsome or smart,

but because you are miserable and unworthy. 

Tell me, who will?

D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶.

★★★  

Aaron woke up at 3 am.

He simply couldn't sleep because of all the nerves tangling themselves in uneasiness, making his entire body twitch with restlessness. 

It was 6 am now, and Aaron was still rummaging through his closet for absolutely anything suitable to wear. Don't get him wrong, he was still wearing black, but it needed to be a good kind of black. Aaron concluded that there are different shades of black, some more faded than others, and it also depended on the cut of the shirt.

Aaron was probably making this more of a deal than it is, but he didn't even care. Meeting Rose's parents was something he needed to nail, and if it meant spending another 4 hours looking for something to wear, then so be it.

He already texted Rose the night before that he was coming over at 3 in the afternoon, and even though Aaron knew he could get ready in 3 minutes, he was still freaking out over this.

"Dude," Luke creaked his door open, rubbing his sleep eyes. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked groggily, letting out a yawn.

Aaron quickly froze, taking a step back from his closet as he faced Luke. He gulped quietly, taking a glance at the mess of clothing around him, awkwardly scratching his neck. "Uh, cleaning?"

Luke gave him a quizzical look, squinting his eyes at the mess Aaron made. "Cleaning?"

"Yeah, spring cleaning."

Luke rose a questioning eyebrow. "Spring isn't until next week,"

Aaron shrugged. "I guess I like an early start." 

Luke scowled, his hazel eyes narrowing in curiosity. "Oh really?" Luke walked over to Aaron, flickering his gaze towards the piles of clothes around Aaron. "Is that why some of your clothes still have their price tags?"

Aaron clenched his jaw, already scolding himself in his head. "I just started, give me a break."

"I could hear you since 4 am,"

"Your point?"

Luke took one more look at the mess. "Are you going somewhere?"

Calm, calm, calm. "No, why?"

Luke grinned. "Looks to me like you're looking for something to wear."

"I'm not,"

"You're lying."

Aaron gulped. "I'm gonna start on some breakfast-"

"Is it for Rose?" Aaron could feel his heart explode from the mention of her name.

"What? No." He already missed her. 

Something glinted in Luke's eyes, perhaps it was playful mockery or maybe Aaron was just seeing things. "Is that why I saw her hairband in the living room?"

"What?" C̶a̶l̶m̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶m̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶m̶.

Luke lifted up his wrist, grinning. And just as Aaron expected, around his wrist was Rose's customary lilac hairband, practically screaming at him on what an idiot he was.

"Shit," He muttered completely by surprise.

"So I was right," Luke was full on grinning now, his perfectly aligned teeth on display. "So?"

"So what?"

"What was she doing here?" Aaron hated the way Luke made it sound. 

"None of your business," Aaron said, giving a small glare to Luke. 

Luke leaned against the door frame, still grinning. "Does it have something to do with why you are losing your shit now?"

"Can you shut up?"

"I'm taking that as a yes,"

Aaron worked his jaw. "How about you go and make yourself a cup of damn coffee?"

"So you can presume to acting like a complete chick?"

"No, so I can decide what's my first step in killing you."

Luke slightly smirked. "You mean like an accident?"

"That's how I'm gonna make it look,"

Luke chuckled before he pushed himself off the door frame, still smiling. "Well tell me how your date goes!" He chirped, before his feet padded to the kitchen. Aaron sighed.

He rummaged through his entire closet by the time he could hear Luke stir his coffee, and he let out a breath as he plopped down onto his bed. He took one more look at all the clothes on his floor before he hesitantly picked up a black button down. Should he go fancy? He tried swallowing down the uncertainty. 

She deserves the best.

Nodding to himself, he took a pair of black khaki pants before he started cleaning up his mess. And along the way, he let out a light laugh as he found some thing that he has been looking for. At other times, he also found things he never knew he had. (He had a forsaken pink shirt)

By the time noon rolled around, Aaron already had breakfast and showered and even called in sick at work. He did compromise that he would work extra hours tomorrow until 11 pm. 

Aaron was glad Luke was minding his own business, but that didn't help him become any calmer. Every tick of the clock made his hands tremble more, made him drum his fingers against his knee while he watched some show on the telly. It still wasn't doing a good job on clearing his mind.

And no matter how many times he told himself to calm down, he couldn't.

Because anything concerning Rose, never made him calm. S̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶.

Taking one more glance at the clock, Aaron got up once more. "Where are you going?" Luke asked, chewing on his soggy cereal. 

"To take a shower,"

"Didn't you just take one like 20 minutes ago?"

Aaron looked at the clock once more. He read the clock wrong. 

With an annoyed sigh, he sat back down onto the couch, grumbling underneath his breath. 

Luke seemed amused though. "What? Bummed that it's only 1:30?"

Aaron just continued grumbling. 

"Jesus," Luke mumbled. "You are so pitiful."

He scowled. "You're annoying,"

"Annoying, but not pitiful." Luke grinned. 

Aaron scoffed before shaking his head, getting up on his feet. "Where are you going now?"

He gave Luke a look. "To take that fucking shower."

★★★ 

Aaron ended up taking 3 showers. 

He was dressed now, anxiously waiting for the clock to strike 2:30. He even secretly applied some of his cologne concoction; something that Aaron never does on a regular basis. Since Aaron wasn't about to spend 20 bucks on cologne, he decided it wouldn't be bad to make one at home. 

And since they were things he could find at home, he couldn't say no. It was too simple really: just lemon juice, vitamin E drops and some castor oil. Mix it up and store.

Now that he was smelling good, he felt a bit more confident and calm. 

And then he couldn't take it anymore. 

Even though it was probably still early, he took off from home, even bidding Luke a small 'Bye' before he made his way to her house. Canada was a bit chilly today, but it was humid too, considering the downpour that fell on them last night. 

Aaron was refraining himself from jogging to her house, but he wasn't walking at his normal pace either. He was scared, but he was excited and happy and-

he felt absolutely amazing.

It was adrenaline rushing through his veins, swirling around his bones. It was joy bubbling from the center of his chest to the rest of his entire body. Attempting to calm himself down, Aaron started counting his steps, clenching and unclenching his palms at the same time. 

But when he could see Rose's house a few blocks away, he recited the digits of Pi while counting his steps in his head. And when he was on her front porch, he couldn't breathe, couldn't breathe, couldn't breathe.

This feeling of excitement swishing and swirling through his body was absolutely phenomenal. And even though the restlessness was settling at the bottom of his stomach, he somehow liked it. It proved to him that this was real; that Rose really did like him. That he really was going to meet her parents about courting her. T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶.

Ringing their door bell, Aaron was basically a writhing mess outside. He was jumbling up pi digits with the numbers of steps he took and it was becoming so hard to breath and he couldn't even think straight-

and Helen opened the door.

Her hazel eyes were light today, glimmering in their own green light as she looked at him. She was smiling too. "Hi Aaron, we were expecting you."

"3.142 and 64 steps," Aaron blurted out, immediately widening his eyes in response. Crap

Helen was grinning. "What?"

"You look lovely today Helen," He coughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. 

Helen smiled in appreciation. "Thank you, you look fine yourself." Anything for Rose.

Aaron gave her a small smile. "Come on in," Helen sounded annoyed, almost exasperated. 

"What's the matter?" Aaron noticed the thin line her lips were pursed in t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶p̶s, and the stiffness in her eyebrows. 

"The matter is dear boy, when your husband and daughter have a movie marathon at 3 am and sleep in," Helen was slightly smiling now, her hazel eyes gleaming in satisfaction. "Rose is still asleep." She said. 

Aaron couldn't really help but smile. Of course she would be. Of course she would find a way to be different than any other girl he has ever been with. 

"I can come back later-"

"No," Helen was smirking now. "I would appreciate it if you went and woke her up. Besides, I should really make you some tea." Aaron stopped breathing. 

"W-what?" 

Helen grinned, pushing some of her bangs off her cheeks. "You still know where her room is right?"

Aaron gulped. Nodded slowly. 

She beamed. "Great," She licked her lips, a secret grin tickling her lips. "I'll make that tea."

Aaron was still waiting for her to turn around and shout Jokes over! or I got you! but when she still kept making her way to the kitchen, Aaron was just really confused. Was this some kind of test? 

Aaron let out a small breath before he padded his way to Rose's room, ensuring that his steps were extra quiet. Looking down on his shoes made a grimace imprint itself on his lips; Aaron couldn't afford nice shoes all the time, and so, he was wearing his beat up black VANS. 

He remembered getting them, his very first splurge since he left his parents. It was a memory he was always going to remember, but it was a painful one at the same time. H̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶.

He quietly creaked Rose's door open, and just as Helen told him moments ago, she was sound asleep. And she looked absolutely beautiful. 

The lights were off in her room, but her window was gleaming the afternoon sun. It was quite cold in her room, and he noticed that her air conditioner was on. Rose was snugged beneath layers of blankets, her blonde locks sprawled across her pillow.

And when she started snoring, Aaron was lightly laughing; the laugh where his chest was vibrating but he wasn't making any sound. 

He then walked over to her bed, nestling himself right beside her, stroking her cheek softly with the tips of his fingers. And as creepy as it might sound, or as insane as it might seem, he was smiling as he did it. Her cheeks were smooth, delicate - just like the rest of her. 

And he never thought Rose could ever catch Aaron off guard when she slept , but she proved him completely wrong.

Because as he stroked her cheeks lightly, she smiled smiled smiled.

It was the mere lift of her lips really, but whether she was smiling or frowning, it didn't even matter to Aaron. His fingers stopped moving, his sapphire gaze resting on the most subtle curve of her lips. He was smiling too. 

Rose was beautiful when she was awake, and she was beautiful when she was asleep. 

He lightly shook her shoulder, trying to hide the smile on his lips. "Rose," He whispered quietly, feeling the cold chills of air around his neck. "Rose, wake up."

She peeled one eye open, before she grumbled and closed it again. Furrowed her eyebrows. Peeked at him through one eye once more. Closed it. And then both her eyes flew open. 

"Good afternoon," He told her, offering her a small curve of his lips. "Slept well?"

Rose looked at him, and looked at him long. She shook her head. Pursed her lips. "Christ I'm going crazy,"

He pinched his own eyebrows together. "What?"

She looked up to him again, sitting up. Her hands were now on his face; pinching his cheeks, running across his jaw and even tweaked his nose. He was trying not to laugh. 

"I mean, I know I thought about you last night, but this is becoming weird," Rose said groggily, rubbing her eyes. "Like, twilight weird,"

Aaron couldn't help it, he laughed. Rose was smiling too. "Ah, I love it when you laugh," She mumbled sleepily, yawning. "Even though Aaron will never know that,"

"Aaron?"

She nodded. "Yeah the real Aaron. You are dream Aaron you know?" She told him, her eyes drooping again. "Like you're really really nice in my dreams,"

"Really?" This was getting too funny. 

"Yup," She licked her chapped lips. "Really. He's really nice."

"What does he do for you?" Aaron was smiling now, not noticing his own hand reach out for hers. "Buy you books all the time?"

Rose snickered. "No of course not, I wouldn't let him," She grumbled. 

"Then what?"

Rose smiled a stunning smile; one that was enough to make his heart almost travel through his entire body. "He lets me take care of him," She whispered, eyes drooping once more. And before he even had time to blink, she was asleep again. 

Something in Aaron stirred, almost knocking the emotion on his chest like a knife stab. It caught him so off guard, out of nowhere, that he was still digesting her words. 

He lets me take care of him.

Her soft snores were the only noises in the room as he stared intently down at her. He trailed his fingers over her cheeks again before he kissed her forehead. "I'll let you take care of me," He murmured against her forehead. "I promise." 

One more look at her before Aaron was out of her room. Walking down the stairs. Smiling at her mother. Telling her that he would come back in a few hours.

She nodded her head, smiling gently. "As you wish,"

Aaron flashed her one last smile before he left the McLean household. He left with a fluttering heart. A̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶r̶.

★★★ 

He ended up taking another shower.

Luke wasn't there when he returned home, so he figured that he probably went out with the rest of them. Aaron ate the protein bar Rose gave him before chucking down some water and then making his way to her house.

The second time around, Aaron was more calm. That didn't mean he wasn't nervous, but it was a definite improvement to the first time. He felt really light; almost weightless as he walked along. Rose's words had such an impact on him that he was softly smiling as he made his way, his hands impatiently waiting to be laced with hers. 

He did manage to stop by a small florist store before he headed to Rose's house, picking up a single yellow rose. Aaron didn't know what weird obsession he had with roses, but they always reminded him of Rose. Refreshing and absolutely beautiful Just like her.

He rang the door bell again. It was almost 6 pm now, and it was becoming chilly. Aaron adjusted the cuffs of his sleeves once more. 

This time Peter opened the door, grinning. "Hey Aaron," Peter greeted. "We were expecting you."

Aaron smiled back. "Thank you for having me."

Peter brushed him off. "Don't mention it," He was grinning again. "So, you planning on taking my daughter out?"

Aaron shyly nodded his head. "I am,"

Peter smiled. Patted Aaron's shoulder. "Well come on it then,"

Aaron stepped in, immediately meeting Rose's amber gaze. "I am so sorry," Was the first thing she blurted out. 

He furrowed his eyebrows. "For what?"

"For making you wait, I mean I knew I should've set up an alarm but-"

"Rose what are you talking about?"

She looked at him weirdly. "For you to go back because I was sleeping," 

Aaron shook his head. "I just came now,"

Rose gave an accusing look to her Mom. "Mom,"

But Helen was too busy looking at Aaron. She gave him a quizzical look, but when he smiled softly and kept one finger on his lips, she smiled back the very smile Rose inherited. 

Helen softly nodded her head before she glanced at Rose. "April fools,"

Rose gritted her teeth. "That wasn't funny."

Helen shrugged. "It was to me,"

"Alright," Peter chirped. "Let's go have some dinner."

"Here," Aaron handed them the yellow rose he got, smiling. "I couldn't possibly come empty handed."

Helen smiled, taking the flower from him. "I'll put these in some water,"

Peter gave Aaron a small wink, grinning. "I'll help you with that."

Rose was beautiful. 

She just wore a simple pair of blue jeans and a plain green shirt, but it brought out the brown in her eyes. They looked almost golden, swirled with specks of yellow. Aaron hoped he wasn't drooling. 

His hand didn't wait a moment longer to meet her own. "How are you?" He asked her quietly, hearing the clangs of the dishes in the kitchen. 

"My parent's lied," Rose said, smiling. "They didn't finish dinner."

"That isn't really a problem."

"They're procrastinators," She added. "And this is my queue to take you up."

Aaron nodded. Gave their fingers a squeeze before he let Rose lead them to her room. Her hair was down again, and he just loved how it nicely framed her heart shaped face. By the time they reached her room, Aaron was lightly playing with the ends of her hair.

"So you weren't here earlier?" Rose asked timidly, closing the door behind them. 

"No I wasn't," He told her, smiling. He pulled her closer against his chest, his chin resting on the top of her head. "I missed you," He murmured against her, kissing her hair. 

She wrapped her arms around him. He could feel her smile against his collarbone. "I missed you too." He could feel her squirm. He let her go before he looked at her, the worry swirling around his eyes. "I'm sorry," She mumbled. 

He looked at her in question. "For what Rose?"

She snickered as she looked down at herself, pursing her lips. "For not dressing up, I mean you look-"

"I think you look beautiful," He told her, his fingers going to her shoulders. 

Rose scowled. "Aaron-"

"It brings out your eyes," He told her, tucking a stray hair behind her ear, smiling. 

Rose played with the hem of her shirt, shyly looking up to him through her eyelashes. "Thank you."

He kissed her forehead. "You don't need to thank me."

Rose leaned her forehead against his chest. "I need to,"

"Why?"

"Because you're an idiot," Rose mumbled. 

Aaron chuckled lightly. "Why is that?"

"Luke told me," She muttered. 

"Told you what?"

She looked up to him, the fire gently gleaming in her iris. "That you planned my surprise birthday party."

"He has a big mouth doesn't he?"

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Rose asked quietly. 

"It wasn't something important,"

"It was Aaron," She whispered. "You're an idiot."

"You told me that a minute ago," 

She ignored him. "Come on, I want to show you something."

Rose sat on the floor, right in front of her bookshelf; patting the space beside her. Aaron sat down too. She rummaged through her lower shelves, checking title after title before she took out one book. "It turns out," She told him. "That I do actually already own Jane Eyre." She smiled sheepishly at him, handing him the book. 

Aaron grinned. "At least you have a classic in there,"

She shrugged. "God bless."

"What do you want to do Rose?" He asked her suddenly. "Like what is it that you want to pursue a career in?"

"Honestly Aaron, I have no idea." Rose seemed upset about it, grimly shaking her head. 

"Hey it's okay," He reassured her, giving a small nudge to her nose. "It happens."

"I want to do something worthwhile," She said quietly, her eyes on the ceiling. Aaron didn't know whether Rose knew she was smiling, but she was. 

Aaron nodded, smiling. "Sounds like a plan,"

She shrugged, snickering. "Not really, but hey, we'll see where it goes."

Aaron gave their fingers a squeeze. "Don't worry, you'll ace it."

"Speaking of worry," Rose was grinning now, her warm eyes glimmering in playfulness. "Are you nervous about this?"

Aaron tried not to show it. "Why are you asking?" He mentally cursed himself for it. Really Aaron, really?

"Your arms twitching,"

Aaron looked down to only see how insanely his hands were trembling, pursing his lips in annoyance. Jesus Christ, I already fucked up.

"I had coffee," He told her. "Must be the caffeine,"

Rose let out a giggle. "You are unbelievable," She gave their hands a reassuring squeeze. "But don't be worry, my parents love you." But do you?

Aaron squirmed a little. "Maybe it's the roses,"

"The roses?"

He shrugged. "Yeah."

She leaned her head over his shoulder, and he could feel the smile on her face by how firm her cheek was. "Yeah, I think so too."

"Did you know the colour green means naturalness?" Aaron had no idea why he blurted that out. I swear you're an idiot.

Rose looked amused, nodding her head. "Yellow is happiness,"

"Black is sophistication." Rose's brown gaze flickered to his clothing. She was smiling. 

"Is that your way of telling me you look sophisticated?" He wanted to kiss her. 

"No, it's a fact." He could feel himself grinning. "But if you insist, thank you."

She scowled, but she was still smiling. Rose made him feel waves of emotion every time she did, because Aaron knew anyone could make Rose laugh and smile, but when he saw how he had his own smile from her, it blew him away. His smiles were somehow as cheery as her other ones, but a tad bit sarcastic. 

And he absolutely loved it. 

"Colour pink is compassion," She was back to grinning. 

He groaned. "Don't remind me,"

She smiled, and when she did, Aaron knew he was going to be okay.

He knew that she was strong, that she was independent. That she was kind and beautiful. That she was sweet and spicy. That she was the most extraordinary human being he ever had the privilege of meeting. 

Maybe it was then; when Aaron was sitting on Rose's bedroom floor with no shoes, discussing about the most weirdest thing he could ever bring up, that perhaps leaving home wasn't a bad idea. Otherwise he would've never met Rose.

She was salt; he was pepper.

Alone, they were dangerous and bitter.

But together, they made the most beautiful pair.

H̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.

Author's Note:

Hey loves! How are you all doing? And uh, I'm sorry if this sucked, I kinda didn't give myself time for inspiration and all, and that's because I had to update before I left. I am moving countries, and with that being said, it means I won't be able to update. I will most probably be busy unpacking and all, so please bear with me! 

But anywho, putting that aside, I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter! And please, do tell me your thoughts down below! :D

Vote - I fell in love with the way you voted, slowly and then all at once.

Comment - That's the thing about euphoria, it demands to be felt.

Share - Everything is unstable to Nadia.

And this chapter is dedicated to Maiya_Hates_You for being SUCH AN AWESOME PERSON LIKE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Your support has been absolutely insane, and it makes me smile. And cry. And sob. And go insane. I love you! <3 :D xoxo

And of course, more dedications on the way. There's a lot of you guys now, it's literally insane! I am thankful for each and every single one of you, and ya'll mean the world to me. :')

AND YOU GUYS HERS REACHED 79K LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I was so shocked on the number, like no, this is too much. I need an inhaler. Thank you all for the amazing support, and I even hit 600 followers! Everything is just absolutely insane, and UH fndfkjglksjgkfgl! 

Thank you again, nothing you guys do ever goes unnoticed, I promise. :')

Alright that's all for now loves, until next time. :)

I love you beautiful, remember that. 

-Nadia <3 :D xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 285 9
Ephemeral - lasting only for a short time The love which had no bounds, now just left some deep wounds, The jar of love which we thought we will kee...
675 26 8
Updates everyday! Based on real events . Touching real life situations, relationships and feelings also with humor, adventurous plot twists, and a ch...
9.6K 487 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
2.3K 347 49
Something remains scaring us. Something remains troubling us. Some pains feel so fresh, when they has to get dry.. but there's just one thing which...