Pieces Of a Puzzle

By HelplessRomanticNerd

(Originally 5 Bad Boys One Nerd and One Baby) Julianna has a secret like everybody else, except hers include... More

Copyright
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen *unedited*
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Thirteen

2.4K 100 12
By HelplessRomanticNerd

I can hear the birds chirping outside my window, meaning morning has arrived much to my dismay. I role to the side trying to avoid the suns blinding rays and stretch, an unattractive yawn escaping my lips as I try to get comfortable for a few minutes since neither of the kids have woken up yet. My palm lands on something smooth and warm making me cuddle to it, definitely not ready to leave my bed just yet.

"Mhmm." I sigh contently with a lazy smile etching on my lips. As I'm drifting back to sleep I feel something heavy lands on my waist, wrapping itself around me and pulls me closer to the unidentified warmth.

"Morning corazon." A husky voice greats inches from my ear with warm air caressing my cheeks. I slowly open my eyes to the brightness illuminating my room once again and see his face inches from mine. His eyes are shining due to the morning sun making them more light blue with a hint of silver in them. His brown hair was sticking in different directions, making him look like he's modeling for a bed commercial or a scene out of a chick flick while I on the other hand probably look like I've been run over by a bus, stomped by a mob of elephants and then having a birds nest on my head.

"Good morning." I smile, pulling the covers higher to hide me. I can hear his chuckle as the mattress shifts. I feel something heavy hovering over me as the bed dips around me from new weight on it. I don't dare move as I try to make out his figure waiting there as if I'd throw the blanket off anytime soon.

"Isaac?" I call from under the sheets. All I get is a hum as response from him.

"Are you on top of me?" I question, not daring to uncover my face yet. I can feel the bed shaking from his quiet laughter and wait for him to finish and give me the confirmation I knew would be given.

"Maybe." I can just hear the smirk on his face. I slowly peel the blanket off an inch to peak my eye up and spot him hovering over me, his knees on either side of my waist and his forearms on either side of my face with his an inch away, way closer than I expected! How can someone look this good so early in the morning!

"What are you doing?" I ask him, covering my face once again with the blanket before its yanked off abruptly, exposing my naked face to him and the chilly air swirling in my room.

"Why are you hidding?" He asks, ignoring my own question with an arched eyebrow. I couldn't help but bite my lip, stopping a smile from taking over my face.

We stay like that, just looking at each other with no barriers. His eyes are studying every inch of me,as if making sure not to miss any small detail no matter how tiny it may be. As I watch him and flashback to last night slowly creep into my head.

After dinner we went out to a park where he pulled out blanket, sweatpants and sweater for me and we just laid there, talking about anything and everything and feeding the somehow perfectly sweet fruits to each other as we play 20 questions even though it was way past 20, we just didn't want the night to end our perfect moment.

It was nice, being able to star gaze with him and just get to know about him more and his life instead of just hearing gossip about it, but of course like anything amazing we all to soon in my opinion had decided to call it a night and drove back home where the kids and guys were all sound asleep.

What is truly funny was that we had found Tyler and Jared cuddling so closely, we decided to take pictures before waking the guys up and send them in their way after thanking them for the favor. I decided I will made them all food as a thank you for the amazing free time before Luke and Jared left and head on home. Nick and Caleb decided to stay over and Rock paper scissored to decide who got the blow up mattress and who got the couch.

"C'mon, lets go make breakfast before they all wake up." Isaac grabbed my hand and pulled me up after hearing me groan in protest.We quickly took a shower (separetly, of course) and decided that we were just going to have to go lazily to school. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and applied my usual make up before going to the kitchen and began making waffles, eggs and bacon.

"Good Morning Julie." Caleb yawned coming in shirtless with shorts hanging low on his hips, his hair standing up in all directions.

"Good morning Caleb." I smiled, setting a plate in from of him. Nick soon came in, sporting Isaac's pair of shirt and jeans, his hair freshly wet from the shower probably.Isaac followed a few minutes after hun carrying Drew in a cute jogger suit with his baby Jordans. Which also matched the ones Isaac and Violet were wearing. I guess he must've bought them the outfits the same day he bought me the dress.

"Brought you your shoes." Isaac said, holding out black and red Jordan high tops in my size.

"Aw! Look at the cute little family all matching." Nick gushed in a high pitched girly voice.

I look at the four of us and notice we're all wearing black sweats, red shirts (Me and Vi wearing tank tops) with a black sweater. How on earth does this happen? I mentally question, completely at lost. I shake the thoughts away and smile at them, taking in all the wonderful people in this room, knowing this is what I always craved to have. A family with unconditional love and support.

We all finish eating a little after and soon enough Isaac and I are in the car driving to drop of the kids before heading to school ourselves much to my protests and hinting that we ditch.

As Isaac parks the car I see our friends waiting for us at the steps leading up to the school entrance, everyone laughing as Caleb gives Luke a wet Willy.

"Finally the happy couple arrives!" Jared hollers as we come closer, completely uncaring by the curios eyes turning his direction.

"Shhh Jared! People are staring!" Brenda hisses, whacking Jim in the back of his head in a disapproving manner.

"Let them, it's not like they have anything exciting happening in their lives." Jared shrugs as he rubs the back of his head. Brenda merely shakes her head at him before turning her curious look at me. I can already here the million and one questions going to be thrown at me the minute we're alone.

"Let's head to class before the bell rings."  Luke suggests standing up and flicking the invisible dirt of his jeans. 

Today's definitely going to be a long day.

* * * *

Its finally lunch time, and so far the day has been filled with stares, questions, glares and probably rumors flying around once again  about Isaac and I. Apparently Nick isn't the only one that noticed Isaac and I matching, because as soon as we stepped on school grounds everyone stared in shock, envy and jealousy. People began gossiping like a wildfire,our names leaving their mouths from every direction as if we weren't a mere steps away from them.

"i heard they have a baby."

"I heard her parents wed her for money."

"Why would he date someone so ugly?"

"She's delusional if she thinks he'll stay for long."

Snarky remarks were thrown form every direction and it's like they spoke loud enough intentionally so I would hear their cruel judgements.

"Dont listen to them." Isaac mumbled, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer, kissing my temple as we continue walking down the hallway. I take a deep breath to settle my nerves and go on, hoping the day will get better.

We reach my locker so I can grab a few notebooks and pens before we head for the cafeteria where the guys were waiting with Derrick.

Upon entering the buzzing cafeteria Isaac's arm tighten when his gaze lands on Derrick at our table, laughing away with Jared at something he must have said.

"Calm down." I sooth, wrapping my arms around him and stepping on my tip toes to plant a gentle kiss on his cheek. I feel him relax as we approach the table at a leisurely pace. Isaac sat in the last available seat next to Luke, leaving me towering over them in the filled table.

"Um.." I try looking around for a free chair near me, but no such luck.

"Babe, sit down." Isaac chuckled taking ahold of my hips and pulled me in top his lap as if it were the most casual thing to do. Everyone went back to their conversations as I try calming down the heat evading my face, even though I know everyone could spot my red cheeks from a mile away. Slowly I start to even out my breath and lean into Isaac, enjoying the warmth and comfort of his chest against my back as we chat away with our friends about light topic, never once an awkward moment between Isaac and Derrick. Jared and Brenda started arguing about the Twilight movie as everyone put their input on team Edward or team Jacob- I personally am team Jacob. As this continues to play out Isaac rests his chin on my shoulder, feeling his cool breath hit my ear and making a shudder erupt within me.

"So, did you like our date?" He asks in a hush tone, trying not to catch anyones attention. I glance around our table to our little family goofing off and just having a good time, even including Derrick in on the conversation before turning to face him with a bright smile.

" I loved it." I confirm, giving him a passionate kiss before being booed by everyone at the table causing us to break apart laughing.

***************************************

What do you think of this chapter? Oh hope you enjoyed it!

Please hit the vote button and don't forget to drop comment along the way!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 136 36
When 18 year-old Lexi's past starts to repeat itself she throws herself into her new job in order to save enough money to get away from it. Who knows...
147K 5.5K 19
"I thought I had my life all set. I was getting married and going to live happily ever after. That was until my future husband disappeared without a...
293K 1.7K 5
Highest ranking #24 in Chicklit #3 in Our Roots Series, but can be read as a stand alone. How does it feel being the little sister of the infamous...
237 23 16
My friend and I started writing this story as a joke, so expect a lot of cringe tropes and characters at the beginning but it develops into more seri...