Pieces Of a Puzzle

By HelplessRomanticNerd

(Originally 5 Bad Boys One Nerd and One Baby) Julianna has a secret like everybody else, except hers include... More

Copyright
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen *unedited*
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twelve

2.5K 104 7
By HelplessRomanticNerd

Its been a quiet month since Tyler was found bloody and bruised on my kitchen floor. Since then he has moved back in, much to my disappointment, but thankfully he and the guys have gotten along- sort of. At least Isaac and him can stand seeing each other now! It took a bit awkward moments and weird conversations but the way the bonded was none other than football and high school. I didn't even have much to talk about with Tyler, mainly it was about Drew and him begging to help me with Drew now. So now, Tyler has a job, drops Drew off since he doesn't work till 8 and I pick him up after school.

"Juliana!" Isaac called from the door. I heard the door bang close and the baby started crying in the other room. Way to go, genius.

"What is it Isaac." I yelled back irritated, finishing the last step to the steak. I turned the oven off and went to go see what he wanted. Isaac stood in the middle of the living room with a beautiful bouquet of a dozen white and pink roses in his hands, with a plush brown teddy bear underneath the roses. He was sporting a black button down with a light blue skinny tie, black skinny jeans and black converse. A broad smile on his face, with a faint blush on his cheeks. Just the sight of him made my pulse go wild. It's so unfair that someone can be so perfect!

"What this?" I squeaked, my eyes widening and heat rising to my cheeks. I probably shouldn't be wearing one of his black sweatpants and a tank top. Nor have my hair in a bun that resembles a birds nest. Not attractive.

Isaac strolled towards me until we were inches apart, his gaze never leaving mine.

"THIS is for you." He said, handing me the teddy bear and flowers before placing a gentle kiss on my already red cheek. My heart rate increased at the feeling of his lips on my skin, an adorable form of affection. Is it possible for your heart to stop beating from so much excitement?

'Thank you." A small smile made its way to my lips, a warm, fuzzy feeling bubbling at the pit of my stomach. So this is why girls are always wanting presents from their boyfriends, it feels nice getting a surprise.

"And I also want to tell you; we are going out today. So go get ready." Isaac said while dragging me to our bedroom as he spoke with glee ringing in his voice.

"What about the kids?" I asked. There was no way I would leave them here with my brother. As much as I got use to him being around, I still don't trust him to be alone with them for more than 2 hours.

"The guys are going to take care of them. Today is just going to be about you and me, no parenting, no worrying and no children." He stated, his eyes shining with joy and excitement. Look at us finally having a date night!

"Alright. What should I wear?" I asked, walking to the closet before pulling it open and looking at the rack full of our clothes neatly hanging there.

"A dress." He said, standing behind me and pulling out a black lacy dress with three quarter sleeves, the top part looking skin tight but flaring out from the waist down with a light blue belt wrapped around the waist. I look at it dumbfounded, there is no way this has been in my closet!

"This isnt mine." I looked at him confused. I would have remembered buying a dress like this.

"Actually, it is. I bought it for you." A shy smile on his face as he placed it on my arms along with a bag containing black booties and a pair of hoop earrings. I gave him a quick kiss and said thank you before rushing to the bathroom to change. Thank heavens I had shaved my legs last night. After pulling the dress on I decided to curl my long hair and add a small amount of makeup, just to finish the look I placed a blue pin on the left side on my head, holding my hair back from my face.

"I'm done." I announced, stepping out and seeing Isaac leaning casually against the wall scrolling through his phone lazily.

"Great. The guys are in the living room with the kids." He reached out and entwined our hands before walking to the living room where I saw four overly grown teenage boys lounging around with a baby and little girl playing in the center with toys, both in all the guys point of view.

"Look at you." Nick wolf-whistled, earning a gut punch by Isaac.

"Looking good Jules." Jared winked, just to get under Isaac's skin which seemed to have worked. I merely laughed and shook my head at their childish antics as we chatted up a bit about the kids schedule.

After all the guys finished messing with Isaac, Luke wished us a good night and we jumped into Luke's car and drove off.

"So , what brought this on?" I asked, not that I didn't like this surprise but I never really got the idea that Isaac went on dates.

"Well, we've technically been together for two months, so I decided to finally take you out." He explained, diverting his eyes off the road to look at me before focusing back on the road.

"Thats so sweet!" I gush. He lifts his right hand off the wheel and held my hand gently, resting them on my lap while giving it a squeeze.

"I'll do anything for you Jay." He whispered softly. I could see a blush on his cheeks as we past the street lights. My heart fluttered at the thought that Isaac cared so deeply about me. Maybe just as much as I care for him. Just maybe he had the same feels for me as I did for him.

"Thank you Isaac." I said genuinely, leaning over and kissed his cheek sweetly, feeling sparks when our skin touched. We sat in silence for a while, letting music take over the car as we drove who knows where. It was uncomfortable just enjoying each other's presence without having to say a word. As we drove I saw an elderly couple, hand in hand walking along the many stores, just smiling at each other and the pure love was evident on their faces. It looked like a lot of couples decided to having an outing today, enjoying the nice weather and the company of their loved ones.

A few minutes later we came to a stop in front of an expensive restaurant with elegant neon red light and people going in and out of it, obviously it was a busy night. I felt sweat form at the palm of my hands, wondering if I wasn't dress for the occasion but remembering Isaac chose it, so I doubt it. I must've been so lost in thought I didn't realize he had already exited the car until I heard my doors swing open.

"This is my uncle's restaurant." he explained, coming to my side and placing his hand on the small of my back, guiding me to the entrance.

"Hey Isaac! Its been awhile." A man with balding brown hair and shining gray eyes greeted us, coming around the podium and pulling Isaac into one of those manly one arm hugs.

"Hi uncle Dave." Isaac greeted, a grin on his face. I knew right away that this man before us, was his role model. Just by the way Uncle Dave was looking at Isaac, I knew he cared for him so much, maybe like a father to a son. I wonder what Isaacs family was like, we barely ever spoke about his father and I in no means ever wanted to ruin his mood by bringing him up.

"Who is this beautiful lady?" Uncle Dave asked, his eys darting to me with glee shining brightly.

"Hi, Im Julianna." I held out my hand with a shy smile on my face.

"Nice to meet you dear." The man grabbed my hand and yanked me into a bear hug, completely catching me off guard. I stood there awkwardly for 5 seconds before giving him an awkward pat on the back before bringing my arms back to my side.

"Uncle Dave, dont suffocate my girlfriend." Isaac chuckled. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the word girlfriend. We had never classified what we are, but just hearing him call me that had me flying to cloud nine. I know it's weird that we're basically acting like a married couple and yet never properly put a label on our relationship, but it seems like it all fit perfectly, like pieces to a puzzle.

"So you finally settled down! Felicidades mijo. Es muy bella!" His uncle chuckles, nodding in approval at his nephew. I saw Isaac's cheek glow red as he cleared his throat, probably not expecting that to have been said.

"Gracias ." I smiled at him my face probably resembling Isaac's. Uncle Dave escorted us to a table in the far side of the restaurant, asking us for our meal after we skimmed through the menu and our drinks. I had ordered green chicken enchiladas with a side of Caesar salad while Isaac ordered a medium well done steak and smashed potatoes.

"So, what other languages do you speak cariño?" Isaac wondered, not moving his eyes away from me as the waiter came to our table with the mouthwatering food.

"I can understand a little bit of French, but not a lot." I confess tucking a stray of hair behind my ear.

The restaurant was buzzing with business, waiters coming in and out of the kitchen doors with trays of varieties of foods and drinks, customers chatting away with family, friends or clients under the dimly lit room. But mostly all I could see was Isaac with that breath taking smile on his face. If anyone had told me 3 months ago I would be on a date with one of the Fantastic Five I would've smacked them in the face and laughed my ass off as I signed them into a mental hospital. Never in my three years in high school would I have pictures myself here with him, but I'm glad the universe had other ideas.

"Can you say my boyfriend is really sexy?" He smirked, his face coming closer to mine as he challenges me for a response.

"Mon petit ami c'est très sexy." I whisper leaning in closer to him, my eyes dropping to his plump lips as his eyes turn stormy dark . I can feel excitement and glee in the pit of my stomach at his smoldering gaze as we forget about our surroundings, just savoring every inch of each other as if we were the only two people in this room.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asks, his raspy voice turning me into a puddle. I don't respond as his hand comes in contact to my face and I lean towards his touch closing my eyes and enjoying the gentle touch.

"Hmm, I don't think you have." I respond, biting my lip to hide my smile. For not having been on a date in so long it all just feels natural with him being this flirtatious and carefree. I never would've suspected Isaac to be such a caring, gente and sweet person, he always has this uncaring, cocky and uninterested facade going on in school, but since the Friday day I actually spoke with him he's been nothing byt a true gentleman.

"Well, I just wanted to remind you that you are the most beautiful and perfect girlfriend anyone could ever have, but luckily fate decided to bless me out of all people." He says swooning me to no end. I can feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks and lean into to brush my lips with his, sparks erupting at our mere touch.

"Who knew you could be so cute." I smile pulling back shyly.

Isaac just barks in laughter before we dig into our waiting food, inviting the delicious taste of these enchiladas and devour it, wishing I had more. We eat in silence, just enjoying the food and our company as people around us go on with their evening, completely oblivious to Uncle Dave and his wife-I presume- taking pictures from the counter. All too quickly my food is gone and I'm drinking the last drop of my soda in pure bliss.

"Ready for the second part?" Isaac asked after we finished dessert. I whipped my lips with a napkin making sure I didn't have any ice cream or brownie smeared and nodded in agreement.

We said our goodbyes to his uncle and climbed back into the car onto our next destination. It was only a five minute drive before we arrived at a playground with only a family of three occupying it.

"Shouldn't we wait thirty minutes before playing?" I wonder turning to his side but seeing the car door shut behind him.

I watch him walk in front of the car to reach my side, offering his hand to help me out as I look at the playground again as the sun is setting behind the trees. A beautiful mix of orange with pink and purple illuminating the sky as the sun starts kissing the ground goodbye and making room for the stars and moon to shine on in its place.

"You know that's only for swimming right?" He points out with an amused grin as he drags me to the swing set. I gently tuck the skirt underneath me and start swaying my legs, trying to reach the top. I can see the smiling family leaving the premises, probably heading home and calling it a night as their son is jumping along holding both his fathers hands.

"So what brought this amazing date on?" I ask turning my attention back to Isaac with a curious look.

I see him give a little small grin before looking up at the darken sky brightened by the shining stars as he sways high up as if to reach their level.

"I just thought it would be nice to spend some actual alone time without having piles of homework or toys around us, just enjoying each other for a little while." He explained digging his feet into the ground so the swing would stop swaying. I stop moving my legs and allow the swing to slowly come to a halt next to him before hopping off and go wrap my arms around his neck, walking in between his legs so I can stand directly in front of him.

"I love our date." I declare leaning in and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad, because it's not over yet." He replies with mischievous eyes shining back at me, a goofy smile forming on his lips.

"I'll be right back." He explains as he hides me two steps backwards so he's ankle to stand up bone fore jogging to his car to retrieve what appears like a backpack and a bag.

"What's this?" I ask completely lost as he reaches in the backpack and pulls out a picnic blanket, sweatpants and a IPad.

"The third part to our date." He grins up at me whilst handing me the sweat. Shooting him a grateful smile I slide them on and sit cross cross on the blanket as he adjusts the tablet to stand up right and pulls out fruits in containers from the bag.

This has to be the most romantic date a girl has ever been on !

**************************************

Sorry for a boring chapter. Well, we just met another family member of the West siblings.

Don't be a ghost reader and show some love!

Comment

Vote

Read on !

~Selly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816 136 36
When 18 year-old Lexi's past starts to repeat itself she throws herself into her new job in order to save enough money to get away from it. Who knows...
5K 148 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...
68.8K 1.5K 34
When she was eight years old Tracey's heart got broken for the very first time when she saw her childhood best friend and crush Christian kiss anothe...
61.2K 1.4K 38
Amber had been trying to run away most of her life. When she finally succeeded, she found the place she would call home in her heart. Four boys- two...