Kuai and Zuko 2 [ON HIATUS]

By irishloveoftx

[ON HIATUS] After finding his mother in the Fire Nation town of Hira'a, Zuko runs into an old love, Kuai. How... More

Prologue: It's Been Two Years
Chapter 1: Aren't Big Fans
Chapter 2: Because I'm the Firelord
Chapter 3: But Never Fear
Chapter 4: AGH! Why did I look?!
Chapter 5: It's just...
Chapter 6: If You Stopped Interrupting
Chapter 7: W-wait...What?
Chapter 8: Since When Do You Wear My Mask?
Chapter 10: Do Not Speak To Me Of Respect
Chapter 11: I-I Did It-t
Chapter 12: I've Been Summoned
Chapter 13: Should I Be Honored?
Chapter 14: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 15: Oh My Gosh, Yay Yay Yay!
Chapter 16: We Need To Leave Now
Chapter 17: Pointy-Hat Guy Told Me To Get You
Chapter 18: Their 10 Year Wedding Anniversary
Chapter 19: She Seemed Happier to Tell You
Chapter 20: I'll See What I Can Do
Chapter 21: Where's My Daughter?
Chapter 22: It Was Just a Nightmare

Chapter 9: Oogies Saved Me

80 5 1
By irishloveoftx

Kuai, Zuko, TuoYan, and JiaLi came from backstage out to where the crowd used to be. Now it was just the gaang, Noren, and Ursa.

Katara: Sooo...?

Kuai: You guys like my necklace?

Ursa: Eek! Zuko, she said yes?!

Zuko: Um...yeah.

Toph: I thought she'd say no.

Zuko: HEY!

Sokka: Kuai, you should thank me. I helped.

Aang: No, you just sat there and watched him carve it.

Sokka: Moral support goes a long way, Aang.

Katara: Whatever.

Toph: Who are these people?

Kuai: TuoYan and JiaLi, they're my friends from Yu Dao.

JiaLi mumbled something that no one could hear.

TuoYan: JiaLi! Be polite!

Well apparently TuoYan heard it.

Zuko: Noren? Is it okay if Kuai and these girls come eat dinner with us?

Noren: Of course.

Everyone walked back to the house and sat in a circle around the table for a late night dinner. Noren and Ursa sat together, Zuko next to Ursa, Kuai next to Zuko, JiaLi next to Kuai, TuoYan next to JiaLi, Katara next to TuoYan, Toph next to Katara, Sokka next to Toph, Aang next to Sokka, Kiyi next to Sokka and Noren.

That was too much for my brain...

TuoYan: Kuai, how come you didn't tell us you knew the Avatar?

Kuai: Because you guys already fangirled about me knowing Zuko, I didn't want to know how you'd react to knowing Aang.

Zuko: Wow, I have fangirls? (oh Zuko, if you only knew...)

JiaLi: No.

TuoYan: Excuse us for a minute...

TuoYan grabbed JiaLi's arm and dragged her out of the room, leaving the rest to mingle.

Ursa: So, Kuai, how did you and Zuko meet?

*Silent Flashback....*

Kuai continued to wash, acting like she didn't notice the man behind her, who was at a 20 foot distance at the least. Her blisters stung with the cold water, but to Kuai, it was worth it. Once she finished bathing, she put back on her clothes, weakly, and prepared to strike.

She remained with her back turned to her watcher, but she knew exactly where he was. She used her blood-bending to draw him nearer. He let out a small yelp, but she closed his mouth. She turned to him as he came closer, under her power. As soon as he was only two inches away, she released him from her bending. Apparently, he didn't notice that part.

She pulled on the neck of his tunic, looking into his golden eyes with a smirk. He was quite the sight for sore eyes---and by that, I mean handsome. Very handsome. She kissed him softly, and well, he kissed her back.

And and after they pulled apart, she realized he was Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation.

*Flashback Over*

Kuai: Oh...um...

Katara giggled, because she knew the story. Kuai blushed and Zuko scratched the back of his neck.

Sokka: Yeah, how did you guys meet? You didn't tell us.

Zuko: I guess we just...ran into each other...

Katara burst out laughing. It was really loud and obnoxious. Zuko sent a death-glare at her and she stopped.

Aang: Sweetie? What were you laughing at?

She was about to speak but Kuai sent a similar death-glare at her.

Katara: Oh...nothing.

Kuai was playing with her necklace, because she still wasn't used to it being there. Then she looked up to see Zuko staring at her. She blushed again and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. TuoYan and JiaLi came back in and sat back down at the table.

Ursa was in a questioning mood apparently...

Ursa: Kuai, dear, I can tell you are Water Tribe. How did you get to the Fire Nation?

Kuai: It's a funny story actually...

TuoYan: *blurts out* They captured her because she was the princess!

Katara: What? You told us you were captured because you were a waterbender.

Toph: Princess? Of the Northern Tribe? I thought she turned into the moon.

Sokka mumbled something sorrowfully. 

Kuai: Oh, um, I'm Yue's cousin...I was captured about a month or two after that happened.

Aang: It's crazy how our group shares all these coincidences.

Kuai: What do you mean?

Katara: Sokka and Yue kind of...I guess...dated.

Kuai: Oh my gosh, really?

Sokka: Yeah, we were there when it...happened.

Kuai: Oh, I'm so sorry Sokka.

Sokka: It's alright, continue telling Ursa your story Kuai. *slumps shoulders*

There was a few seconds of silence before she began again.

Kuai: Well...I was taken to a prison a few miles out from the palace city and stayed there for a little while. Then I was chosen to be one of Azula's servants...*Zuko cringed at that statement* and then I refused to serve Ozai, making him challenge me to an Agni Kai. That's how I got this scar....

Noren gasped and Ursa covered her mouth in shock. Kuai ran her fingers along the scar that was on her face, Zuko put his arm around her, and Kiyi tugged at her dad's sleeve.

Kiyi: What's an Agni Kai? 

Noren: A fight between two firebenders.

Kiyi: But she's a waterbender...

Katara: Kuai, we'd understand if you wanted to change the subject-

Kuai: Please.

Aang: Okay...um...

Ursa: Have you two set a date?

Zuko: What?

Ursa: You know...for the wedding?

Kuai: Oh, uhhhhh...Zuko...come up with a date.

Zuko: Why me?

Kuai: Cause I don't have a clue.

Zuko: I don't either!

Katara: You know, you have the rest of us to help you.

Kuai: Yes, come up with a date.

Aang: Um...next week?

Katara: What's wrong with you? We need more time!

Zuko: Why?

Katara: We need a dress, decor, venue, caterer-

Zuko: Um..I'm the FireLord, I can make that happen in like two weeks.

Toph: Give it a month.

Zuko: Really?

Sokka: It seems you want to get married right away. Is this because of *wiggles eyebrows* ?

Zuko: Katara, can I attack him now?

Katara: Why...OHHH...yes, you can.

Zuko got up and chase Sokka out of the house throwing fireballs at him. For some reason, Sokka's been obsessed with embarrassing Zuko lately. That was the last straw.

Sokka: Zuko please! I was just kidding!

Zuko just kept firebending at him, and Sokka was barely dodging. Kuai was running after them, and Zuko didn't notice. But she could actually run faster than them both, so she caught up in time to stop Zuko by putting a hand on his shoulder.

He turned around quickly and then saw her face and calmed down. Sokka stopped, too. He was about 10 feet in front of them.

Kuai: Don't kill Sokka, he was just being stupid.

Sokka: Yes, stupid. That's me: Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Zuko: Fine.

Kuai: Does scaring the crap out of him make you feel better, at least?

Zuko: Kind of.

Kuai pulled Zuko towards her and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist as she slid her arms over his shoulders.

Sokka: Ick!

Zuko shooed him away. Sokka walked back into the house as they continued to make out in the middle of the street.

*Cut to house*

Katara: Hey, you survived.

Sokka: Oogies saved me.

Ursa: What does that mean?

Toph: Kuai's distracting Zuko to save Sokka.

Noren: Oh...

Ursa: And that means...?

Aang: They're, you could say...making out.

Ursa: Oh...

Kiyi: Eww...

TuoYan giggled while JiaLi sat with a scowl.

Ursa: JiaLi, sweetheart, what's wrong?

JiaLi: FireLord Zuko's taking Kuai from me.

Katara: What do you mean?

JiaLi: She's been the closest thing to a mom I've had for years...and now that she's getting married, she'll move to the palace.

Sokka: But you live in the same town as Ursa and Noren.

TuoYan: What does that have to do with this?

Ursa: I'm Zuko's mother, and he comes to visit whenever he can. So when he comes to visit, he'll bring Kuai, and she'll be able to visit you.

JiaLi: Oh.

Toph: Feel better Antsy Pants?

JiaLi shot Toph a dirty look, which obviously Toph couldn't see. But Toph could feel that something was up.

Toph: Sorry if you were sending me a glare, but if you couldn't tell *waves hand in front of face* I'm blind!

JiaLi: Oh...

Kuai and Zuko walked back in the door holding hands when JiaLi ran from her seat and hugged Zuko.

Zuko: Um...hello?

JiaLi: I'm sorry for being mean to you.

Zuko: Uh..it's okay...

JiaLi stopped hugging Zuko and sat back down. Zuko looked at Kuai with a confused face.

Kuai: She's a hugger.

Zuko: Okay then...

They sat back down, still holding hands. Zuko was looking down at Kuai as she played with her necklace again. He squeezed her hand and she met his gaze. He kissed her for three seconds, pulled away, and looked at her again.

Kuai: In a month, right?

Zuko: Yeah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay that was soooo cuuuuute. Don't even argue with me.

I hope you liked this chapter. I promise the wedding will be next chapter.

Stay tuned for more Zuai action AND THE WEDDING!!! You don't want to miss that.

Thanks for reading!

<33333IrishLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 2.1K 20
AN AVATAR : THE LAST AIRBENDER FANFICTION BOOK I : WATER "You-You're alive?" ~~~~ "Expecting someone else?" ~~~~ "Wait don't go!" ~~~~ "We were ne...
9.8K 343 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
758K 19.3K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
446 44 10
Modern Femreader x ATLA (girls) *Warning⚠️ • Grammatical error • Foul language • All I published with pictures came from Pinterest (mostly) • Quite C...