Battle Scars

By tsphanie

The blossoming of Lexa’s relationship with Clarke, and also the events that falls in between. More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
13
14
Fifteen
sixteen.
18
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
22

seventeen.

1.3K 38 9
By tsphanie

Clarke groaned when she heard her name being called on the intercom. She lifted her coat from the desk and slipped it on as she makes her way to the emergency department, really hoping that it will be an emergency this time round. She's been treating non-emergency cases since morning - like a baby choking on a bead, a cut that does not require stitching and a boy who is thought to have a nosebleed but it was because he graze himself with his fingernail while he was digging his nose. Of course their parents would be worried.

She could hear her mother's voice when she stepped closer and she could tell from the urgency of the tone that it was serious. She rushed into the room and widened her eyes when she sees Jasper standing next to Abby. She went over and saw Monty groaning in pain. Her eyes immediately darted to his leg, where a third-degree burn was sustained.

He wailed louder when the older doctor checks the severity of the burns, pressing around his leg. Two staff nurses came later and Clarke assists the older doctor in inserting the drip into him. While she does so, Abby questions Jasper about the chemical that were involved. His face was panic-stricken as he tried to remember all the chemical names.

"Clarke, how about you bring Jasper out?" The older doctor suggested.

Clarke tugged on his sleeve but he refuses to move, insisting on staying with his friend. "Jasper," Monty winced, "Just go. I don't need you to babysit me."

Jasper reluctantly walked out of the room. "I'll be right back," Clarke told her mum. Abby shook her head and smiled understandingly, "Take as long as you need. I can handle this."

The relationship between Clarke and Jasper hasn't been great since... Maya's demise. She bit her lip and followed Jasper out. She sighed thankfully when she saw him sitting on the one of the connected chairs. She sat down, leaving one empty spot in between them because she was still not certain if they are on good terms or not. But it's safe to assume that they are not.

"I can't lose Monty," he suddenly spoke, surprising Clarke. "I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have persuaded him to try out the experiment. This is all my fault."

"Hey, hey." Clarke tried to soothe him. She scooted closer to him and put her arm around his shoulder, looking at him directly with a concerned look. "Look at you. Remember when you had a spear pierced into you? You survived that and no offense, but Monty is of better built than you. If you could survive something so serious, he could go through this easily. At most he will only have to amputate his leg," Clarke mentally slapped herself when she saw Jasper's eyes widened. "No, no. I mean, that is the most serious scenario that could happen. From what I perceive in this case, Monty will do just fine. Maybe he just need skin drafting, that's all."

"I know that," Jasper sighed, "But I just can't imagine my life without him, you know? He's been there for me. We play together, we work together and we got arrested together," he chuckled lightly at that fact.

Clarke nodded understandingly. "Jasper, I'm truly sorry for what happened with Maya. I know that you will never forgive me but I just want you to know that I still feel guilty."

The dark haired boy turned to Clarke, "Oh. I forgive you. I mean, you did what you had to do for our survival. It's just my luck that I fell in love with Maya, and stupidly wishing that she can be cured."

"I still feel bad."

"Don't be. I'm trying my best to move on, so you should too. Furthermore," he broke into a small smile, "If it wasn't for you, the Commander wouldn't have hired us all to work with the government, or something like that."

"She h-hired you?"

"Yeah. Monty and I are working more towards the military side. Wait, she didn't tell you?"

Clarke shook her head as she released her arm from the younger boy's shoulder. She slumped her body against the back of the chair and huffed. "How long have you been working for?"

"I think around the week where we settled down in Polis. Damn, this is some amazing place huh? I never thought we would ever get to see cars."

"I was speechless," Clarke agreed. The sound of the door made both of them look up, and Abby appeared with an assuring smile on her face. She put a hand on the boy's shoulder, "Your friend is fine. We just need to keep him here until we can confirm that he has no further infections. Is that okay? You can go inside and keep him company, though."

"Thank you, Dr Griffin." He said before scurrying into the room, all happy after hearing the good news.

"Let's go for lunch," the older doctor said. "We still have about an hour before the Commander comes to take a look at the 'super-soldier' recovery."

•••

Clarke looked around for the Commander but could not see any sign of her. She could only find Indra and two other men in the holding room. Indra stood up first, then the two men followed, making their way towards the apprentice.

"Where is the Commander?"

Indra only stared at her blankly. Clarke sighed, knowing that she wouldn't get any answer out of her. She continued, "Dr Griffin is waiting in the ward, so I'll bring you there."

Clarke lead them to the ward Abby is in. When they finally reached, Clarke watched from the side as Dr Griffin explained to them the precautions the hospital takes before pulling them out of life support. She informs them about the constant relapse but assures that they have it under control. She focused on the doctor's explanation that she hadn't realised the Commander's arrival until Abby nodded towards her direction. She turned around and found her girlfriend listening intently to the words.

When Dr Griffin was done, she allowed them to see the patients' progress for themselves. Lexa just stood there, staring at one person in particular. Clarke followed her gaze and saw Gustus lying on the bed, his eyes opened but he was staring blankly at the ceiling.

"So, what are the chances of them making a full recovery?"

"Very slim. I would say around 2%."

"Which is to say there is ninety-eight percent probability that they can't."

"I don't like to admit this," Abby nodded sadly, "But yes."

"They were all supposed to be dead, anyway," Lexa said dryly, giving one last glance at Gustus before walking out of the ward.

Clarke went with her. She just followed Lexa's steps silently and tried to get something out of her expressionless face. She huffed in defeat, obviously not getting anything no matter how much she studied her girlfriend's face. Because there was completely no emotion for her to grasp. Lexa suddenly stopped walking, causing Clarke to bump into her. She giggled to herself, finding it cute, but apparently her girlfriend didn't find it funny because when she lifted her head, Lexa was tilting her head and giving her a confused glance.

"How long are you going to follow me for?"

Clarke realised how far they have walked from the ward. "I just want to know if you're okay. And we haven't really talk since you came."

Lexa lets a small smile touch her lips. For the first time that day, she witnessed the brunette smiling genuinely. "I am fine," Lexa assured her, "And how can I not be fine whenever I'm around you?"

Clarke playfully grimaced then engulfed her girlfriend into a hug.

•••

It was rare for Lexa to be home before Clarke, so she took it as an opportunity to cook dinner for both of them. Once she was done preparing all the dishes, she took a quick shower before setting them onto the table. She heard the front door opens and smiled delightfully when she caught her tired girlfriend strolling into the apartment.

She went up to the blonde and massaged her shoulders, carefully leading her to the dining table. "Tired day at work?" She asked. The latter nodded and turned around, "I have to run around the hospital. It's tedious. I could only dream about cuddling and kissing you all day."

"Well, I can make that dream come true for you but we have to eat dinner first," Lexa said, spinning the girl around so that she could see the food on the dining table.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." Clarke mumbled repetitiously when she saw the fanciful dinner. She looked at her girlfriend in awe, "You did all these?"

Lexa nodded then she pulled out a chair and gestured Clarke to sit down. They ate dinner while Clarke talked about the minor things that happened in the hospital, and how Monty suffered a third-degree burn and went on to talk about her conversation with Jasper, which reminded her to ask Lexa how she hired them. Lexa admitted keeping tracks on them and seeing their talents, she decided that it would be beneficial to have them on her team. Clarke was a little skeptical about the explanation so Lexa finally confessed to her that the other reason is because she did not want Jasper to hold too much grudges on Clarke.

The blonde haired girl grinned happily to show her appreciation until it was too much for Lexa and she pleaded to change the topic. Clarke gratefully changed the topic and talked until they finished dinner. Clarke insisted on doing the dishes and Lexa only agreed when Clarke allows her to help out. Lexa would steal kisses every now and then, earning laughter from her girlfriend. The kitchen was filled with the sound of their laughters throughout the entire evening.

Later that night, Lexa went to bed first while Clarke took a shower. She was about to fall asleep when she felt a weight on the other half of the bed, then her arm was lifted and it was suddenly wrapping her girlfriend's body. She inhaled the familiar shampoo scent and could not contain a smile when she realised that the blonde smelled just like her, although there is another scent that she could not pinpoint. Maybe it's just a unique pleasant smell that runs in the girl's DNA.

"Ai hod yu in," Clarke attempted.

"Someone has been studying Trigedasleng."

Clarke was thankful that it was dark. Otherwise Lexa would have seen the redness in her cheeks. Both of them snuggled in comfortable silence until the brunette decided to speak.

"I love you too."

And Clarke smiled as she drifts into a slumber.

Lexa grins when she heard soft snores coming from her side. She definitely love Clarke. Perhaps she finds Clarke intriguing even before she met her and until now, she finds that there is so much to love about the Sky girl. It is impressive how Clarke always make her want to smile when she is not supposed to. She don't remember smiling as much as she have since Clarke's arrival and it makes her happy - like she finally has something to look forward to. To be truthful, she probably only laugh or smile more when Clarke is around. And just thinking about how Clarke never left her even in dangerous times makes her feel fortunate to have her as a girlfriend.

She is definitely in love with Clarke Griffin.

•••

a/n: short update for today. the next part will touch on somethingsomething.
how old are y'all btw

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.3K 33
Clarke makes her way through a new school, and meets a girl that makes everything more difficult. "Clarke Griffin, I'm falling in love with you all o...
9.8K 219 12
Clarke forgives Lexa for what she has done, but can she forgive herself for what she has done. This will not be an happy ending or will it? you'll h...
45.4K 1.2K 73
An alternate #Clexa ending !!! Clarke : Lexa ?!? .... Clarke didn't Wake Up, she didn't want to continue all she wanted is to be with the Love of...
700K 24.7K 65
Clarke can't deal with the guilt she is carrying from the events at Mount Weather. Can Lexa help her through or will this burden stay with her forev...