Chemistry Partners

By -mayraaa

High School student Zoe is dreading going off to college soon. All she wants to do is finish off high school... More

Welcome
Cast List
Chapter 1: Married Couple
Chapter 2: Boys Have Cooties
Chapter 3: New Friend
Chapter 4: Cookie Monster
Chapter 5: Matching Friendship Tattoos
Chapter 6, Part 1: New Guy
Chapter 6, Part 2: Graffiti
Chapter 7: Thanksgiving Break
Chapter 9: Sarson For Life
Chapter 10: He's A Keeper
Chapter 11: Skipping
Chapter 12: Kisses & Mistakes
Chapter 13: Brayden's Back
Chapter 14: Employees Only
Chapter 15: Revenge
Chapter 16: Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 17: Christmas
Chapter 18: Stars & Kisses
Chapter 19: Tutor
Chapter 20: Yes or No
Chapter 21: Date Night
Chapter 22: Making Out
Chapter 23: Terrible Day
Chapter 24: Accidents Happen
Chapter 25: Unconscious
Chapter 26: Wake Up, Gorgeous
Chapter 27: Awake
Chapter 28: Graduation
Epilogue: New Beginnings
Last Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter 8: Thanksgiving Dinner

1.4K 51 3
By -mayraaa

Rewritten: 1/13/17

z o e ♡

Thursday, Thanksgiving

"We're going to dad and Julie's house on Saturday afternoon," Jacob informed me as he not so kindly barged into my room.

I nod my head not really paying attention to what he was saying as I scroll through my Tumblr feed. "Cool, alright," I mumbled distracted, waving him off. I snickered at the post about bears, screenshotting it to send it to Naomi. Half of our text messages were screenshots of Tumblr posts we saw.

I hear a sigh along with a few footsteps before my phone is ripped out of my hand. I gasp, "Hey! I was looking at that." I cry out, leaping for my phone. Jacob scowls at me. I shrink back, sitting back down. Like mom, he had that mean glare, though, he's not as good as Mom is.

"By the way, mom wants you downstairs and we're going to dad and Julie's on Saturday." He tells me once again.

I nod my head, "Okay, sure, now give me my phone." He hands it back, sighing and muttering something about annoying siblings. I chuckle, shoving my phone in my sweater pocket as I make my way to the kitchen to see what mom wants.

"Hey, Zoe! So glad you came here as fast as you humanly could." Mom sarcastically said, "As if I didn't send Jacob to get you 15 minutes ago." She mutters.

"Blame Jacob!" I quickly say, "so, what's up? What's with... all of that?" I say, staring at the huge mess in the kitchen.

"Thanksgiving dinner! We're going over to the Matthews household because they invited us over and since we had nothing really planned other than eating everything store bought, I decided why not?" Mom grins, clapping her oven mitt hands.

"So, what are you making then?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Cherry pie, my specialty."

I nod my head. "Nice,"

"Also, you are here because you are going to clean up the kitchen." My mouth drops, as I stare at the mess in horror. "Not the whole mess! You won't be doing it alone, Jacob!" Mom screams, very loudly.

"What?" Jacob yells back, his footstep coming down.

"You and Zoe are on cleaning duty. I'm on the cherry pie duty." Mom informs him.

John appeared into the kitchen, taking in sight of what went down. "What happened to the kitchen?" John exclaims, his mouth wide open.

I laugh. Mom groans, "I didn't even make that big of a mess!" She exclaims, pouting.

John slowly nods his head, "Sure honey, we can go with that." He walks up to her, giving her a kiss.

I make a face, clearing my throat, "Hello! There are children here!"

They laugh, pulling apart. "Okay crazy family of mine, we have approximately 37 minutes to clean, cook, and get ready before hitting the road." Mom said. None of us move from our spot. "Chop, chop! Hurry up!" She claps her hands. We all get to our work, laughing and talking about past memories.

---

I decided to go for something casual and not too dressy. Seeing as it is a bit chilly out recently, I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans, a maroon sweater with a white knitted scarf. I take out my brown boots, slipping them on. I walk to my jewelry box, opening it. I grab my silver watch, putting it on. I put on my favorite pair of silver earrings my grandmother got me when I was around the age of ten. As for my makeup, I keep it simple and apply a few coats of mascara, lip balm, and cover my dark under bags. I run a brush through my hair, braiding a fishtail style. Spraying on some perfume, I'm all ready to go.

I grin, looking at my outfit. Not bad.

Cute outfit, Zoe." Mom walks into my room smiling. Her eyes land on my ears, "Are those the pair mom gave you?"

I smile sadly, touching the earrings. "Yeah."

"I miss her." Mom croaked, her eyes turning sad. "I wish she was here. She would've definitely hated if she found out we were going to buy take-out rather than cook a turkey and all."

I chuckled, "Oh, you would've gotten an earful. She loves going all out for holidays."

Mom smiled, "It's hard making a big dinner when she's not here. Remember that one time she was stuck in France and I almost burned the turkey."

"Mom, you did burn the turkey." Jacob said walking into the room with a teasing smile on his face. "If grandma found out, oh, she'd be so sad."

I laughed, "Thanksgiving her favorite, then Christmas."

"Can we visit her tomorrow?" I asked softly.

Mom nodded her head, looking down. "Of course."

"Let's go, we can't be late."

We all soon leave, John driving us to the Matthews household.

We soon arrive at their house, the four of us getting out. Walking to the front porch, I knock on the door and wait for someone to open the door.

"Katie!" Mrs. Matthews smiles brightly, giving her a big hug. "Come in, come in!" She ushers us all in. We enter the house, greeting each other.

"Happy Thanksgiving." Mr. Matthews smiles.

The adults walk away chattering happily.

"Oh, hey, Zoe." Cody, Sean's older brother, said.

I smile, "Hey."

"No way, you have this game?" Jacob exclaimed pointing to CD, his mouth formed into an 'o' shape.

Cody grins, "I literally just got it last week! It's so fúcking cool! They have this new effect and..." That's when I zoned out and started thinking about whether Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds were cuter.

Definitely Reynolds.

"Hey, are you free after break?" Sean appears out of nowhere.

I jump slightly, as my mind goes blank, "Well, I have no clue actually." I reply, "I don't exactly know my weekends."

He rolls his eyes, "Well, when you are, I have something fun planned, just saying."

I slowly nod my head. "Will I still be alive?"

"No, you'll be dead by the end of the night." He rolls his eyes. I grin in return.

"Kids! Dinner is ready!" I hear my mom shouts. We all scurried to the dining room, taking our seats.

We all say what we are thankful for and then dig in making small conversations here and there with everyone.

Soon we all finish eating and help clean up the table.

The parents part way and go to the living room and continue their conversations.

"Come on," Sean says.

I stop, "What?"

"Come on, let's go somewhere. I want to show you something." He tells me.

I nod my head and follow him outside to his backyard.

I stop in my footsteps, a smile making its way to my face, "Oh my gosh, you have a treehouse!" I exclaim. I've always liked treehouses. We had one before but it broke and we also moved houses so that really sucked.

Sean grins, "You wanna go up there?" He asks.

I nod my head excitedly. "Yes! Let's go." I grab his hands, feeling a warm tingle surge through my body. I almost shiver in delight.

"I used to always go up there with Cody when we were little kids," He tells me.

I climb up the ladders, listening to his story. Sean follows behind, continuing. "There are so many memories made here."

I smile, "Tell me some of them."

"Well, I broke my arm once because I fell off the ladder."

I gasp, laughing a little, "How did you manage to do that?"

"I got distracted because of Cody, he was already in the treehouse and he was showing me something. Lost my footing and fell." He laughs.

I share a few of my memories with treehouses and others as does he.

It was a good Thanksgiving.

---

Saturday

It was the next day and I was getting ready to go to dad's house with Jacob. The drive there is an hour long so that already ruined my mood.

I finish packing and leave my room. I walk to the kitchen finding everyone eating.

"You guys are coming back Sunday right?" John confirms.

I nod my head, "Yeah."

Soon Jacob and I leave and start the one hour drive.

We make it to their place around 2:30. I get out grabbing my bag and walk to the front porch. I knock a few times before someone opens the door.

"Julie, hey." I greet her, "Happy late Thanksgiving."

"Zoe," She exclaims, giving me a hug. "Happy Thanksgiving."

I smiled, "Where's dad and Yasmin?" I ask her.

"They went to the doctor. Yasmin needed a regular check up."

I nod my head, "Oh, alright."

"Happy Thanksgiving," Jacob says entering the house. The two talk for a bit as I walk to my room, setting my stuff down. I leave my room and head to the kitchen.

"Do you guys want to eat out for dinner today or stay home?" Julie asks us once we both settle down.

"Whatever is fine with you guys," Jacob responds back. I nod my head.

"Alright, have you guys had lunch?" She asks.

We both nod, "Yep,"

Soon enough dad and Yasmin come home and we all hang out for a while, sharing what we did during our Thanksgiving and all.

"How is school?" Dad asks us.

I shrug my shoulders, "It's school, stressful and boring." I reply.

Jacob nods his head, "Yeah, can't wait till summer."

My phone starts ringing suddenly. I take it out and realize it's a call from my mom. "I'll be right back, mom is calling." I walk to my room, answering the call. "Hey, mom."

"Hey, you. How's it going there?"

"Great, actually. We're about to go to dinner." I tell her.

We speak for a few more minutes before hanging up. I check for any text messages.

omg!!! guess what! - Carson

what? - Naomi

chicken butt - Mason

stop blowing up my messages! i'm trying to sleep! - Sean

where's zoe? - Carson

in mars. - Sean

you all are very annoying - Zoe

THERE SHE IS! - Carson

let me sleep! - Sean

then fúcking mute us u dumbáss! - Carson

ugh shut up - Naomi

why the hell are u sleeping now? it's only 6:30...- Mason

leave me alone - Sean

okay bye i have a life to get to - Naomi

I chuckle, putting my phone back in my pocket before walking out of the room.

My phone buzzes a few more times. I get frustrated with the noise and open the texting app and roll my eyes at the messages.

i'm really regretting this group chat - Mason

me too - Zoe

"Get ready everyone, we're leaving in 30 minutes," Dad tells us all as we part ways.

I pick out something comfortable and casual pretty. I ended up picking a white top with a floral skirt. As for shoes, I went with my brown booties. I kept my makeup and hair simple.

I finish getting dressed and text back my friends

Soon enough, we are in the car on our way to the restaurant.

♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

175K 4K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
1.2M 38.1K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
5K 176 29
●When Keytlin and Nate start talking to each other, Keytlin would've never thought that bad things would happen. On the contrary, after Nate saved he...