Spirit of the puzzle (book 1)

By Itanna

The soul trapped within the millennium puzzle is determined to regain his freedom, but at what cost? Disclaim... More

Chapter 1: uncovered shadows
Chapter 2: Fateful encounter
Chapter 3: Unexpected kindness
Chapter 4: malevolent impatience
Chapter 5: Yugi's punishment
Chapter 6: Yugi's revenge
Chapter 7: eligibility
Chapter 8: Pure hatred
Chapter 9: unexpected emotion
Chapter 10: revelations
Chapter 11: word of a pharaoh
Chapter 12: early morning conversations
Chapter 14: surprise
Chapter 15: unexpected arrival
Chapter 16: the rift
Chapter 17: what have I done?
Chapter 18: Yugi, please
Chapter 19: Don't even touch him!!
Chapter 20: please return to me
Author's note

Chapter 13: sadistic courtship

7.2K 300 75
By Itanna

The door clicks quietly shut behind me. I lean my back against the door and skillfully lock it without looking away from my slumbering target. The small rise and fall of the blankets pinpointing his exact location for me. A smile tugs at my lips as I walk towards the bed, my bare feet silently traveling across the wood floor.
I tug back the blanket concealing Yugi's face from me. His cheeks are a bright red from the warmth, his breathing is slow and peaceful and his eyes are closed serenely. He looks so perfect. My little hikari. I lean down and gently kiss his cheek. His eyes twitch at the contact and I smile. I roll Yugi gently onto his back he groans in protest and I struggle to contain my laughter. My lips travel from his cheek, to his nose, then to his lips where they linger. Yugi's eyes twitch slightly as he begins to awake. My face drifts to his neck where I inhale his sweet scent. I don't know how he does it, but Yugi always smells like the purest vanilla. I can't help but hum my contentment as I cradle my face into his neck.
"Yami." The boy giggles slightly. "Stop that...I'm trying to sleep here."
"You've slept long enough little one." I murmur into his neck, making him shiver. "It's time to get up."
"But the bed's so warm." He mumbles trying to pull the blanket back over himself. His eyes narrow at me as he realizes that my body is blocking the blankets path. "You can lay with me if you like." He offers, desperately trying to get me off of the blanket.
"Tempting." I whisper suggestively. His face begins radiating heat into mine as he blushes. "I have other plans for the day, which would require for you to wake up."
"What kind of plans?" He yawns. His bright eyes closing as he stretches, his thin arms bumping into my legs as I look down at him.
"Plans that I think you will enjoy." I say meaningfully. He looks up at me curiously.
"What do these plans pertain to?"
"Courting."
"Courting?"
"Courting."
"You're courting me?"
"Would you prefer that I skip that step and go straight to the end phase?" I ask with a smirk. My hand gliding down his chest to his stomach.
"No!" He says with an embarrassed blush dominating his face. "I'm just surprised, that's all."
"Surprised by my desire to court you? You are a strange one aibou."
"Says the five thousand year old spirit." He mumbles as he rolls onto his side, facing away from me. I frown at this action.
"Aibou." I say warningly.
"Can we do this later today?" He asks with a fake drowsy slur. "I would really like to sleep more." I glare down at him, the hairs on the back of his neck stand straight up underneath the intensity of my gaze. "Would that be alright?" He asks.
"No." I say sternly as I rip the blankets off of him.
"Yami!" He cries out in protest. "What is y-? Yami!" He screeches as I grab him around the waist and throw him over my shoulder. "Put me down! Yami!" He shouts, slamming his fists into my shoulder blades. I struggle to contain my laughter at his pathetic attempts at harming me. His fists feel like a slight tap on my back, much less than what he was hoping for.
"Sorry aibou. I can't hear you. Maybe you should try talking louder."
"Yami!" He screeches as I walk towards the door. "Put me down!" I swiftly unlock the door. The whole reason I had locked it was because I had expected him to run away from me, but this works too. Yugi is so light that I only need to hold onto him with one arm. My hand positioned securely on the junction between his waist and the small of his back as he continues to struggle against me.
"Yami!" He screams as I hurriedly bolt down the stairs. "You're such a jerk!!"
"You act like that's new information!" I laugh outright as he slams on my back more insistently. He is so cute when he struggles.
"Do I even want to know what's going on here?" Solomon asks from his seat in the kitchen. His eyebrows raised in question but an amused smirk placed firmly on his face.
"Grandpa!" Yugi screeches. I smirk as I turn enough for him to see his grandfather. "Yami's gone insane!"
"So where are you taking my grandson Yami?" He asks, completely ignoring Yugi's outbursts.
"Places." I say with a smirk.
"Places?" He says with a chuckle. "What kind of places?"
"Interesting places." Solomon chuckles at my words as he glances over at Yugi. His smile just grows at the sight of Yugi's annoyed state.
"Grandpa don't let him take me!" Yugi pleads.
"What will you do Solomon?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"I don't see a thing." He says with a smirk.
"Grandpa!" Yugi screams as I walk away with a wave.
"Have fun Yugi!"
"You traitor!"
"Bye bye!"
"Grand-" Yugi is cut off by my laughter and the front door shutting behind us. This is a lot more entertaining than I had thought it would be.

"I hate you."
"I know."
"No, I really hate you."
"Good to know." I say as I continue walking with a broad smile on my face. Even though Yugi is insulting me halfheartedly I feel completely euphoric. If this is how I'm going to feel for the rest of eternity with Yugi I will gladly endure it.
"Was kidnapping me completely necessary?" He mumbles.
"Can it really be considered kidnapping? We're the same age." I tease.
"Give or take five thousand years."
"Well at least you have accepted the fact that you desire older men." I tease.
"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" He screeches as he begins to hit my back once more. "With all of my hatred!"
"I'm surprised there is even room in your body for hatred...considering you're so small." I say trying to get a rise out of him. "Does it all hide in your hair?"
"You're the worst!!"
"Oh really?" I smirk. "I think I can get a lot worse. I could turn invisible and just let you float down the street."
"You wouldn't dare!" He growls.
"Is that a challenge little one?"
"No! No! No challenge!"
"That's what I thought." I chuckle mischievously as he falls silent. "Yugi?"
"What?" He says grumpily.
"Can you swim?"
Yugi tries to turn to look at me but is only able to see the back of my head. "Yeah...why? Are we going swimming?" I say nothing as I continue walking. "I don't have a swimsuit! I'm only in my pajamas. You'll have to take me back to the house."
"Nice try." I say with a chuckle. "I actually thought this through, thank you very much." Yugi slumps against me in defeat. We walk the rest of the way in silence.

"Oh I know this place!" Yugi says as I gently remove him from my shoulder. "This is Domino lake." He looks at me curiously. "We're swimming here?"
"Yep." I say with a small smile as I grab Yugi's small hand. Yugi's eyes are lit up with excitement as we walk towards a booth that sells swimsuits, food, and boat rentals. We buy matching swim trunks. They are black with the dark magician on the lower portion of the right leg. As soon as Yugi has his trunks on he takes off towards the lake. He sprints across the dock and jumps into the lake sending up a cascade of water droplets.
I smile as I walk towards the dock watching him swim around like a child. Yugi is waving at me to jump in, but I am content just watching him swim around. I sit on the edge of the dock my feet dangling just above the water. Yugi swims over to me from underwater, his whole body visible in the clear water. I smile down at him as he surfaces. He smiles at me as he thrashes his arms covering me with water. My smile quickly fades as I wipe the water out of my eyes.
"Aibou-"
"That was your punishment for this morning." He says as he sticks his tongue out at me.
"Punishment? Are we reinstating the punishment and reward system?" I ask with a dangerous smirk.
"That wasn't-"
"Too late." I say rising to my feet. "You have five seconds to start running. 5..."
"Yami! I meant-"
"4..."
"You can't actually be serious!"
"3..."
"Damn it!" He says as he hurriedly begins swimming away from me.
"2,1." I say quickly as I dive into the water.
The cool water caresses my skin as I move effortlessly through the water. I glance up from the bottom of the lake to see Yugi scanning the surface of the water for me. His legs thrashing as he struggles to keep himself above the water. I slowly swim up beneath my little hikari and grab his legs. His body sinks like a rock into my arms. An army of bubbles escape his lips as he struggles in my grasp. I smile at him as I place my lips firmly onto his and push air into his mouth. He stares at me confusedly for a moment before we both begin swimming back up to the surface.
Yugi inhales deeply once we hit the surface while my breathing remains calm and steady. He looks over at me. "There, are you satisfied?" He chokes out.
"Who said that was the punishment?" I smirk. Yugi's face pales as he tries to back away from me. I grab his arm and pull him back to me. "This is your punishment." I say as I begin kissing and nipping at his neck. His body shivers under my ministrations and his face glows a bright red.
"Yami!" He gasps as he bites his lip trying to contain his voice. "We're in public." He hisses.
"That's what makes it punishment." I whisper huskily into his throat. My tongue tracing the contours of his neck. Yugi inhales sharply as I cross a sensitive spot. I smirk as I return there and continue to grant it attention.
"Yami...yo-you're so...me-mean." He says in between quiet gasps.
"I know." I whisper as I kiss him once more on that spot before I gently brush against his lips. "But that's why you love me." His lips softly press against mine as his blush only intensifies as I pull him closer against me. "Admit it." I whisper into his ear as I nip at it.
"I..I love you."
"Why?" I press teasingly.
"Because you're perfect." He whispers.
"That's funny," I say. His eyes look down toward the water with an embarrassed flush on his face. "That's what I think of you." He looks up at me with a small smile. His thin arms wrap themselves around my neck, holding onto me as I bring us slowly back to the shore. The orange light of the sunset illuminating our forms on the water as we float in the shallows. My little one in my arms as we watch the fading light. This moment couldn't have been more perfect.

The sun has finally set and Yugi has fallen asleep with his head on my chest. I smile down at my adorable Yugi. I gently lift him out of the water and wrap him in a towel. Yugi's eyes open slightly. "I'm so tired." He murmurs.
"I know." I say with a small smile. "Little one, get on my back, I'll carry you." He nods as I kneel before him. His small arms and legs wrapping around me as I lift him off the ground. "Comfortable?" He hums his answer into the back of my neck as I smile and start walking. Yugi's gentle breath is heard in my ears as I walked with a pleasant smile on my face. We are almost home. There is less than a block left to go.
"Yami?" Yugi whispers gently.
"I'm here."
"I love you Yami."
"I love you too." I say with a goofy smile on my face.
"Can we do this again sometime?"
I chuckle. "Anything you want little one." I glance back at him, his eyes are once again closed. "I'd do anything for you." I say as I take my first step onto the front porch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 59.9K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 120K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
71.5K 1.8K 28
What if after the fight with Kageyama Hinata left Karasuno and joined nekoma what will happen?? Photos in this don't belong to me unless I say so! Al...
979K 27.3K 54
I DO NOT OWN NARUTO IN A WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. What would happen if Naruto was not the dead least, knuckle-head that everyone thinks he is. What if he...