the exchange student [isco]

By marcinhoe

"in which a football training program 400 miles away from home leads him to find love." More

uno: madrid - barcelona
dos: the park
tres: first day
cinco: the cleanup
seis: dates + animal crackers
siete: band-aids

quatro: bartra's party

905 55 26
By marcinhoe

It was finally Friday in Barcelona and as expected, everyone was running around and telling their friends excitedly about their plans for the weekend. In this case, everyone was talking about Marc Bartra's party that night and what they were going to wear or how they were going to try and sneak in to the party.

"Damn, I'd kill someone to be invited to one of Bartra's parties," Chris sighed longingly as he and Della pushed their way to the cafeteria. "No, seriously - I could kill someone." Chris said quickly.

Della tuned him out as she remembered when Marc invited her to his party when they talked at the park and that she could invite as many people as she wanted. Chris would kill her if he knew that she got an invite and didn't tell him. 

Della wanted to go to one of Marc's famous parties but she would probably walk in, hang around for 3 minutes and then tumble out and never come back. 

Chris and Della walked into the class and sat down at their usual spots near the back of the class. Isco was already sitting there with Marc and the rest of his friends and they were talking about what they were going to do and wear tonight. 

Now all Della had to do was get through the day without someone mentioning the party to her or Chris. 

+

"This is so lame," Chris frowned as he sat on the couch cross-legged with Della as they both munched on chips. "People are out getting drunk and partying and dancing in some great party and we're sat in your living room eating chips and watching Mean Girls over and over again." he complained. 

Della rolled her eyes, "This is what we always do anyway, Chris."

"Shut up, don't remind me."

Della and Chris both looked up from the TV to see Isco and Diego walking down the stairs together. They both looked great and Della had to look away when she made eye contact with Isco. 

"Hey, guys," Diego smiled, "Having fun?" he asked, ruffling Della's hair. Della slapped his hand away and glared at him, "Shut up."

Diego exhaled, "Well, we're off to the party. See you around." Diego said before fishing his car keys out of his pocket. Isco turned towards Della and tilted his head before opening his mouth to say something. 

'No, don't say it. Don't say it.'  Della thought. 

"Della, didn't Marc invite you the other day?" he asked. 

Everyone was silent for a while until Chris let out a demonic screech. "Puta! You didn't tell me you were invited to Bartra's party!" Chris yelled, slapping Della's arm repeatedly. Della groaned and shoved Chris over before sending a glare in Isco's direction. 

"Why?" she mouthed over to Isco who raised his hands in surrender. Chris got up from the couch, sending little crushed up pieces of chips everywhere. "We are going, Della. Get your pretty little bum off the couch and go get ready. Go, go, go." 

"Can't we just stay home and-"

"Nope, not again. Come on, just go make yourself look presentable."

+

Della had no idea why she agreed to come to the party. She had no idea why she was in the backseat of her brother's car wearing a black dress that Chris picked out for her - even though she had to admit it looked nice. 

Chris was passionately singing to a Beyoncé song on the radio with Diego while Isco played a game on his phone. Della looked out of the window and hugged her arms around herself tightly.

Before she knew it, Diego stopped the car by a sidewalk and he turned off the car. There were cars everywhere and Della could already hear music from inside the house. 

"Vamos, chicos." Diego said before getting out of the car. Chris didn't even hesitate to run out of the car which left Isco and Della. "Come on." Isco smiled softly before getting out of the car. Della followed suit and she followed him into the large house.

The moment she entered the mansion, she could smell alcohol, smoke and cheap perfume. The music was playing so loudly that she felt the ground thump from beneath her feet. 

"Okay, go have fun but not too much fun," Diego whispered into Della's ear. "If you need me just come find me." he added before walking away from her and into the throngs of people. Chris was still attached to Della's side but she knew that once he started loosening up, he'd be gone in a blink of an eye.

Della spotted Marc walking towards them from the corner of her eye and she absentmindedly tugged her dress down. 

"Hey, guys!" Marc smiled happily. He had a red solo cup in his hand and his phone in the other. He was wearing a blue polo shirt and brown chinos. His hair was done the way it usually was and his blue-green eyes were shining under the lights. 

"So glad you could come," he said before taking a sip of his drink. "Della, you look great." he complimented. Della felt her cheeks heat up and she rubbed her arm insecurely, "Thanks, Marc. Nice house." 

Marc shrugged, "Thanks. Do you need a drink? You look like you could use it. Come on, follow me." Marc smirked before resting his hand on the small of her back to lead her to the kitchen. Isco furrowed his brows and crossed his arms over his chest before slowly trailing behind them, wondering what Marc was up to now.

+

After the fourth cup of whatever it was that Marc kept pushing into Della's hands, she felt a little bit more than tipsy. She took a deep breath as she stumbled into the empty kitchen, keeping her fingers on her temples.

She stumbled around and looked for a cup of water when she ran into a wall.

Actually, not a wall.

"Whoa, what's wrong with you?" Isco asked as he looked at Della. Isco had a cup in his hands too but it was only his 2nd drink of the night and it hardly had an effect on him.

Della smiled sheepishly up at him, "Are you my mom?"

Isco couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled out from his lips. He shook his head and handed Della a cup of water. "No, sorry." he smiled. Della took the cup from his hands and drank it all down, feeling herself get fresher already.

"Oh, okay, cool." she said. "Who are you, then?"

Isco took a sip of his drink and glanced out the kitchen for any signs of Chris or Diego. He had a feeling that maybe Della had a bit too much to drink.

"Isco," he replied, "The one staying in your house."

"Oh, right," Della laughed, "Can you drive? Let's go home." she said softly, nearly dropping her cup of water on the floor before Isco took it from her shaky hands. Isco nodded and set his drink down before walking Della out of the kitchen.

Isco found Diego sitting on a couch with his girlfriend and a few other friends of his and they were all laughing hysterically. After talking to Diego for a while, he told Isco that he could go and take his car home since Diego would probably pass out at Marc's anyway.

And as for Chris...

He was dancing on a table in front of a large crowd who were cheering him on. Isco didn't want to interrupt that. So, he took Della's wrist and led her outside, careful to keep her from falling or tripping over people.

"Whoa, where are you two going?" Marc asked as he approached the two of them outside with a smile. "The party just started."

Isco shot him an apologetic look as he kept his hand around Della's waist to keep her from falling over, "Sorry, bro. Della's not feeling so good so I'm going to take her home." Isco replied.

Marc snorted and took a sip of his drink, "She can crash in my room tonight. Don't let her ruin your night, c'mon man." he said, motioning towards the house again. "I don't think you want a drunk person in your bed tonight." Isco reasoned.

Marc smirked at him and threw his empty cup onto the grass, "Why not, Francisco? It's happened before."

Isco's features twisted into shock, then disgust, then awkwardness. "We really should get going, Marc. Her mom's going to get worried. It was a great party, though," Isco smiled. "We'll see you at school."

Marc nodded understandingly as he watched Isco easily lift Della and set her into the backseat of the car before running towards the driver's seat.

"Oi, between you and me, mate," Marc called out. "Della is hot as hell. Not gonna lie."

+

By the time Isco and Della got home, it was nearly 2 AM. He had one of Della's arms around his neck as he supported her.

After trying hard to get her to climb the stairs, Isco gave up and scooped her into his arms easily, earning a light giggle from Della.

He walked up the stairs quickly and pushed open Della's room. He looked around the room and observed it a little bit before walking towards her bed. He peeled open the covers and set her down then pulled the blankets over her limp body.

Della automatically curled into the blankets and hugged one of the pillows close to her chest.

Isco observed her face as the moonlight lightly traced her features. His eyes drifted from her closed eyes to her long eyelashes to her high cheekbones then to her lips, still with faint traces of lipstick on it.

Then, after realising what a creep he must've looked like, he bolted out of her room and ran into his own.

//

this was so long :/ um ok 

so this is chapter four! hope you guys liked it :) 

happy reading lovelies!!xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

582K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
906K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...