If I Fall (GirlXGirl)

By LBrooks23

***GirlXGirl Romance*** Living in New York you learn to keep up with the quick pace of the city, myself inclu... More

Chp. 1
Chp. 2
Chp. 3
Chp. 4
Chp. 5
Chp. 6
Chp. 7
Chp. 8
Chp. 9
Chp. 10
Chp. 11
Chp. 12
Chp. 13
Chp. 14
Chp. 15
Chp. 16
Chp. 17
Chp. 18
Chp. 19
Chp. 20
Chp. 21
Chp. 22
Chp. 23
Chp. 24
Chp. 25
Chp. 26
Chp. 27
Chp. 28
Chp. 29
Chp. 30
Chp. 31
Chp. 32
Chp. 33
Chp. 34
Chp. 35
Chp. 36
Chp. 37
Chp. 38
Chp. 39
Chp. 40
Chp. 41
Chp. 43

Chp. 42

172K 6.3K 3.3K
By LBrooks23

It's not that I wasn't excited to be graduated because I really was, but graduating in New York was an all-day thing. I was ready to get a move on, celebrate with my friends and head to Philadelphia where my new home awaited me. There were so many things I needed to do and I was aching to start.

Graduation itself was over but the amount of people made it impossible to find anyone, and my height didn't help.

I took of my cap, holding it under my arm as I pulled out my phone, dialing Maria first. She answered on the first ring, "Where are you? I can't find anyone."

I looked around, finding something that showed my location, "Uh, I'm by that huge purple banner, by the entrance."

"Oh okay, I see you... I'm coming!" She laughed through the phone.

I hung up, glancing around even when my mind wasn't here with me. I couldn't stop thinking about leaving and starting over somewhere that I actually wanted to be. Not only was I happy about that but my favorite people had agreed to come with me.

Maria was coming that had been solidified whenever I first mentioned it to her. Her parents were also more than happy to help her move out considering she had been living with them for twenty-two years. Demarcus was tagging along too after discussing it with Maria. They decided to get an apartment together not far from where I would be staying. He claimed Maria was too naive to live alone, and this resulted in Maria punching his arm while agreeing with him.

I also convinced Jeremy to come along after going round and round with him for what seemed like forever. He doubted himself and his ability to teach but I knew a good teacher when I saw one. He would bring something to the table that neither Maria nor I could. Plus I knew the kids would adore him, so he would move in with his cousin that lived near the studio to help us run the place.

And then there was Drew, who hadn't renewed her lease on her apartment and started packing as soon as we got back from Philly last weekend. We talked the subject over immensely throughout the past week and decided it was only right for her to move in. I may be moving back to my hometown but without Drew it wouldn't feel like home. She was my home, and as much as that scared me I could no longer deny it. The pain of our breakup was healing, just like she promised she would try to do, and we were growing into new people. Neither of us were the same, but it was a good thing. Now I believed everything that happened had happened for a reason.

I felt hands on me then, pulling me out of my thoughts. Maria was smiling like an idiot, "I can't believe we're finished."

"You have no idea how relieved I am," I joked, falling into a hug as she pulled me into her.

She released and smiled, "So, my family found yours and they're all over there." I watched her point in a specific direction as I nodded, more than ready to see my family and Drew.

She pulled me through the crowd, me trying my best not to run into anyone while I trailed behind her. Then the crowd opened, Mike and Jada coming into view first, and then my parents. A wide smile spread onto my face when my eyes fell upon Drew who was standing there, eyes already locked on me.

My heart quivered against my chest at the sight, her smile burning its way into my memory. I couldn't get over the fact that she was so different now, within the few weeks after the whole Evan incident. I figured after everything she had been through would only make her harder to be with but it hadn't. Instead she opened up, like the cage she had been trapped inside released her and she could finally breathe. Her smile was genuine, those eyes glowing with a life I hadn't seen in her until recently. The new look made her even more loveable, if that was even possible.

When the two families spotted us they all cheered and congratulated but all I could focus on was Drew. I exchanged hugs, thanked everyone, and had a few moments of chatter while she waited patiently. As soon as I was released by my parents I rushed over to her, more than ready to fall into a much anticipated hug.

She wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into her as I closed my eyes, savoring the moment. Drew always provoked unfamiliar feelings but lately the love she radiated was too strong to ignore. I couldn't help wanting to be wrapped up in her arms, and when she planted a quick kiss on my forehead I melted.

She spoke, "I'm so proud of you."

I looked up, smirking, "It wasn't painfully boring?"

"It was," she teased, "But that doesn't matter. Plus you look super cute in your cap and gown."

I blushed from the sudden compliment, biting my lip to hide the huge smile trying to peek through. Our moment was interrupted by Maria and Demarcus.

"So, we're all heading to the restaurant for food and celebratory margaritas. Are you two coming?"

Drew laughed as I turned to face Maria, her arms crossed over her chest with a smirk on her lips. I nodded, "Like I can refuse your margaritas."

Although this was my last day in New York, there was no harm in letting loose and having fun with the people I loved the most. We were finally closing a chapter today and ending it on a good note seemed like a pretty good idea.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Why do you have so many shoes?" Drew chimed as she watched me stack and sort through my endless amounts of footwear.

"We all have our weaknesses," I laughed, finishing up with the last box of clothes before climbing over my bed to Drew.

Her playful smirk slipped through, "And yours is shoes?"

I tilted my head, "Yes, and you."

Her cheeks reddened at my comment while staring up at me, those beautiful eyes lingering on my lips. The aura Drew gave off now was completely different, but I liked it a lot. At first it made me nervous, but rediscovering who she was becoming was amazing, and I couldn't get over the fact she had turned into someone unrecognizable. She was still intoxicating but in all the right ways, not from her mysteriousness and being closed off. She wasn't dark anymore, she was light, and that alone gave her a new and beautiful vibe.

"I'm just happy we're done driving back and forth from New York."

I couldn't help myself anymore as I leaned down, our lips touching. This sent the familiar fire burning through me before I pulled back and agreed, "Me too."

I sat cross-legged on the bed looking down at Drew who was staring up at me. Not only had her persona changed, but she changed physically too. She lost a little weight and muscle from not being able to work-out but she still looked magnificent. More delicate even, which fit her. Her transformation within this past month had done her justice, and I was amazed.

She broke the silence, "So, how are the sign-ups looking for this fall?"

"Oh amazing," I beamed, "We're almost full. I can squeeze in a few more teens but that's about it. I'm so excited."

"I know, it's cute," she teased.

Red rushed to my cheeks, "I'm just amazed at how many people were anticipating the re-opening of the studio."

Drew leaned up into a sitting position, matching my own, "Who wouldn't want their children to learn from New York University's Dance graduates?"

"Well, when you put it like that..."

She smiled then, leaning in and capturing my lips with hers. It still felt the same after all this time. The familiar rush of adrenaline through my veins, the lack of air, and the tingling that always spread throughout my entire body. Kissing her never got old, and I took that as a sign.

We pulled back only because we had both lost our breath, me first, naturally.

"Let's go ride," She pitched, me wondering how she wasn't tired from all the moving and unpacking.

"Where?"

She paused, and then caught an idea, "Let's go to the studio."

I tilted my head at her suggestion, wondering why I hadn't thought of that. She had yet to see the studio since Easter, but now it was finished. I wanted nothing more than to show her around, so taking a trip out there seemed like a good idea.

I nodded, ready to show her the place we would run for years to come. I was thrilled to show her too, ready to give her a tour and share that moment with her. She would love it just as much as I did.

We hopped in the car and she took the passenger, me cranking the car to life and pulling out of our apartment complex. I asked, "Are you excited to teach?"

She sucked in a tight breath, "Kind of... You'll have to refresh my memory on some things before we start."

I glanced over to her, grabbing her hand, "I can do that."

She blushed this time, "I don't want to disappoint."

"You won't," I confirmed, "You have no idea how good you are."

Her hand squeezed mine, indicating a silent thank you. The way to the studio was comfortable, filled with light chatter and a few teasing remarks. I couldn't help but become intoxicated by her, loving how everything about her shined. It made me appreciate the hard work we put into this relationship, and it made me grateful we had been lucky enough to end up where we were. I believed we both deserved a happy ending, especially Drew.

I pulled up to the studio, throwing the car in park and glancing at her, "I can't wait to show you the inside."

She smiled, "I can't wait to see it."

We exited, and I fumbled with the keys, finding the correct one to let us inside. The heat of May was peeking through since June was around the corner. I heard the lock give and grant us entrance to the coolness inside of the studio.

My senses filled with smells that reminded me of a new house, the interior looking clean and shiny. There was one main studio when you walked in and a smaller one through a door on the side wall. There was also an office and a bathroom all the way to the back.

But the main studio was my favorite part of it all.

Drew sighed, "Wow."

I looked over to her, smiling, "So you like it?"

"It's amazing," she confessed, walking along the extended mirror they installed while refurbishing the place. I watched her run her hand along the balance bar as if she was reminiscing in her own memories when she danced. She looked lost in her own world, and I didn't want to be the one to ruin it because I understood.

This place brought back so many personal memories. I had spent numerous hours here since I was a child, and I learned so much. This was my sacred ground and reviving it had been one of my early dreams back whenever they shut the doors after my senior year. No one in town was willing to bring it back when the previous owner passed away, but I couldn't stand to see it be torn down.

I felt obligated to save it, and in doing so it had been the best decision I ever made.

I walked up to where Drew stood after my moment, more than happy to share this with her. I watched her silently from in the mirror, those magnificent eyes catching mine as she smiled.

"This makes me miss our rehearsals."

"Well, maybe when you're finished healing we can dance like that again," I expressed, hoping that Drew could soon do that again.

She pulled me into her, bringing her magnificent lips close to mine, "Promise?"

Suddenly I forgot to breathe, and when the memories of us rehearsing flashed in my mind I felt myself grow warm. Those moments we shared burned a hole in my heart and would forever live there. Dancing with Drew was a unique experience, and I missed the feeling I got when we did.

"I promise."

If there was anything I loved more in this world over dancing it would be specifically dancing with Drew. It was magical, an alternate universe that existed between only her and I. There was nothing better than that.

"Did you ever imagine ending up here?" I asked.

"No," she shook her head, "I didn't, but God I couldn't be happier that this is where you led me."

I wondered how she made my heart melt with such ease. I smiled hard, moving closer for her arms to snake around my waist. Her touch always stirred up new senses, which was something I prayed I never got used to. She was familiar and new all at once, which was the greatest combination.

Her lips grazed my own while her arms held me close. I took Drew in, how she always smelt like shampoo and mint, and how it had become my favorite smell. She tasted sweet, her lips soft but always hitting me hard right in the gut. My stomach dropped and tightened when they met mine, and she sucked the air right out of my lungs. Her hands held me tight every time we kissed, like this was the last time she would ever get the opportunity to do so. She savored every moment we had, but she didn't have to be afraid of losing me any longer.

My hands rested on her face, and when she pulled away for air my eyes stayed closed for a few more seconds. The tingling on my lips remained, trembling like earthquake aftermath. When I opened my eyes she was just looking at me with those deep sea eyes, love and happiness radiating off of her like body heat.

She breathed, "Did that kiss seem different to you?"

I nodded, realizing it had in my after thoughts, "Yea, it did."

I could feel her heart against my chest, which seemed to match my own as we stood here holding each other. After everything we experienced I never thought we would end up here. The vivid memory of when I first met Drew surfaced, remembering the way her eyes locked with me in the gym back in September. My heart had stopped, my hands became clammy, and the familiar attraction we always shared never once died. It was still going strong, and I believed Drew and I had found our tiny piece of home in each other.

She pulled away then as she held out her phone, "Wanna see if the system works?"

I knew what she was hinting at so I nodded, "Definitely."

She found the AUX chord and plugged in her phone, scrolling through her music before picking a song. The studio come to life as the music echoed through the speakers. The slow and moving melody soothed me, and Drew's hand slipped into my own.

Soon the outside world disappeared, melting away as soon as I made eye contact with Drew. Both of her arms laced around the small of my back, our bodies slowly meshing together as my own hands rested behind her neck. My heart pounded inside my chest as I let her take the lead and moved us to the beat.

"You know when you gave me that playlist for Christmas I had this song on repeat for days."

I knew the tune she was playing, recognizing it as the one I had almost picked for our duet performance. The song meant a lot to me. The memory I attached to it made it even better, remembering how Drew and I had danced to it in her bedroom made my heart warm.

I nodded, "It's one of my favorites."

A cute smile peeked through her lips, "I think this should've been our duet song."

I frowned, "So you didn't like my choice?"

She hugged me tighter, "No, that's not what I'm saying. I loved what you picked, but this one... I don't know there's just something about it..."

"It was too special to me to share with everyone else," I confessed. It made sense in my head, but this was just our song, meant to be shared between us and no one else.

Drew tilted her head and smiled, "That's cute."

I shrugged and smiled playfully, "I know I am."

If there was anything I wanted for the rest of my life it was this right here. I craved nothing more than for Drew to hold me and look at me like I was the only thing that existed. Only this could make me whole, and this gave me a happiness I wouldn't find anywhere else.

Everything Drew had been through, and every heart ache she ever experienced had shaped her into the person I had fallen in love with. She didn't see herself how I saw her, which was okay, but I wanted to make sure she stayed happy the rest of her life. Drew deserved nothing but happiness and peace of mind, and I wanted nothing more than to provide that to her. She had been through enough bad for a lifetime, so I was determined to make sure she experienced good from here on out.

Her hold on me tightened, pulling me out of my thoughts as I looked up into her eyes. She smiled, "You zoned out."

"Sorry," I confessed, feeling the blood continue to rush through my cheeks.

"You were thinking about something," she stated, already silently asking me to explain.

I laced my hands in her hair, smiling, "Just realizing no one has made me this happy in a long time, and I'm glad it's you."

Her perfect smile peeked through her lips, radiating a kind of love I hadn't seen in anyone but her. Drew was meant for me, I could just feel it in my heart, and I knew somewhere deep down in myself that she felt the same way. She didn't have to express it because I just knew.

We continued to move against the hum of the song she twirled me around, spinning me back into her before planting a quick kiss on my lips. My entire body shook at the sensation, knowing she didn't need to verbally answer me. Drew and I had been on the same page for a while, and she made me see things in a whole new light. I learned from her, and I got knocked down and grew stronger as a person. She changed me but in the best way possible, and vice versa. That's what a relationship should be; growth.

She showed me a whole new side of the spectrum, revealing a strength I hadn't been familiar with. She made me appreciate the little things, and she made me slow down and take a deep breath.

Then she hovered her lips over my ear, "Thank you."

I pulled back after shivering, "For?"

"For loving me," she simply stated, as if it was on the tip of her tongue for centuries.

"Thank you for letting me."

And with that she leaned in, capturing me once again and surrounding me with her entire being. She was a story I was lost in and never wanted to be found, and she was my home I wanted to live in forever. This is exactly where we were supposed to be, and this was our happy ending but brand new beginning.

Then the song ended, "If I fall..."

"Will you catch me...?"

THE END

**A/N**

Ok, so yes this is the OFFICIAL ENDING of "If I Fall" but I'm already working on a final chapter to close up the story for good. I'm sorry the ending took so long to come; I unfortunately had to work to pay my bills. LOL, anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as I did and be on the look-out for the final chapter that will be posted within the next few days!

-Lauryn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 908 48
Unlikely sparks were ever to be imagined from two unsuspecting women, both from completely different lives and even culture and languages. One harden...
790 79 20
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
5.1K 359 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
2.4K 114 7
We meet people everyday, strangers with lives and depth within their eyes. One glance can tell a million different stories. One look can say so many...