For Hating Me You Sure Are Po...

By JadedRein

When Kara's best friend, Maver, moves in with his brother she isn't happy about it. Logan is nothing like Mav... More

1: Baby Steps
2: Disaster
3: Home Sweet Home?
4: Lighten Up
5: Poptart
6: So Uh...Logan
7: Just Friends
8: Little Miss Priss
9: Saving Face
10: That Little Problem
11: Her Outlet
12: Sure Thing Coach
13: The Others
14: Your Type
15: Little Solution
16: Most Definitely
17: Telling the Truth
18: Undeserved Attacks
19: Abandonment is a Funny Thing
20: Nascar?
21: Just a Player
22: So Much For Alone
23: Saved With a Fuzzy Navel
24: Bribery
25: A Player of Games
26: Jumping to Conclusions
27: Ingredients
28: All Night
29: Showing Interest
30: Us and Them
31: A Pink Tint
32: Unconventional Methods
33: Exotic Jobs
34: Hot N Cold
35: Good Feelings
36: Unlikely Mentors
38: Invitations to Trouble
39: Consider Such a Thing
40: She Started It
41: For Show
42- Comfort Zone
43: Calling the Shots
44: Idle Hands
45: Talk the Talk
46: Someone Like You
47: Misunderstandings
48- Like an Object
49: Just What Are You Looking For?
50: Dessert
51: Catching On
52: A Quest For Truth
53: Friends?
54: Sleeping Beauty
55: Full of Surprises
56: Lost and Found
57: Wrong Answer, Right Question
58: Not So Delicate Dance
59: Why You're Here
60: Eighteen and. . .
61: Unspoken Decisions
62: From the Beginning
63: Romeo is Overrated
Christmas Our Way

37: Humiliation

774K 10.9K 4.6K
By JadedRein

I stared at the door, my heat beating like crazy. I can’t believe that just happened. The words bounced around my head a million times. Out of all the times Logan had to walk in why did it have to be then?

Out of all the things I couldv’e been caught doing why did it have to be that?

“Kara,” Maver said, a little louder this time. I’d heard him the first three times but couldn’t seem to find the will to respond.

Slowly, after he’d repeated my name twice more, I blinked my eyes. The sight of my hands clutching the blanket tightly to my chest slowly came into view and I released it before looking to him. “Yeah?”

His eyes held mine as he gave a calming smile, his hand squeezing my thigh. “Don’t worry, he didn’t see anything,” he reassured me. “The blanket was over you the whole time.”

“He didn’t need to,” I groaned, lying back down. “It was pretty obvious what we were doing.”

Maver stared down at me with a sly smile. “What, can’t a best friend lend a helping hand?”

I rolled my eyes at his pun before letting out a deep breath. “This is so. . . “ I trailed off, closing my eyes as I tried to find a fitting word. Embarrassing didn’t even begin to cover it.

“Much more fun than first expected?” he asked, his hand creeping back up to me.

My eyes shot open and I let out a surprised squeak as he touched me yet again. “Maver ClintinLasman what do you think you’re doing?” I asked, using his full name to get his undivided attention. He’d always hated when I did that, so I rarely called him that. Rather, I saved it for special times such as this. It improved the impact.

Maver’s forehead wrinkled as he frowned down towards me. “You sound like my mother when you say that.”

I shrugged, my hand grasping his wrist to stop him from rubbing on me. It was hard to keep a straight face when it felt so surprisingly good. “Answer the question and I won’t say it again.”

“Well,” he breathed, laying back down beside me. He rolled onto his side, propping his head up with his hand that wasn’t currently in my danger zone, before talking again. “I can’t just start and not finish. I’m one who see’s things through. You should know that by now Kara.”

Once more I rolled my eyes. “You mean like with your car?” I asked, teasing him with a sarcastic gaze. “That glove box has been impossible to open for how long now?”

His eyes twinkled; a small smirk comparable to his older brother’s playing across his lips. “You’re not anywhere close to a car.”

Under the blankets his fingers started to rub on me again and I tightened mhy grip on his wrist forcing him to stop. “Maver,” I scolded him, giving him a pointed glare.

The boy just smirked again before easily pulling his wrist from my grasp. “Just let me finish,” he insisted his voice soft and low. I opened my mouth to object but he shook his head to cut me off. “No, enjoy it and stop complaining.”

I wanted to insist a little longer that he stop. He was my best friend. We’d already been caught once. I’d never had an orgasm before. . .

But once I felt the pleasure building I couldn’t find the willpower to tell him to stop. Using it to his advantage he picked up the pace. Every moan that rolled from my lips resulted in his fingers keeping pace and his own breathing growing faster. It covered my neck as once more he nuzzled his mouth against it.

Maver’s warm lips opened slightly and I could feel the moist breathing as he groaned gently into my neck. The small squirms of pleasure mixed with my moaning seemed to excite him just as much as it was me.

I, surprisingly, didn’t mind. All I could focus on was the tingles and the building pressure. It was nothing like when I did it alone. This was different. I didn’t know how just the fact that it was Maverrubbing in small circles on me had this affect on my body but I didn’t mind. It felt good and I enjoyed it.

My moans picked up and Maver could sense that I was about to finish. In hot husky breaths he groaned words of encouragement into my neck. His heavy breathing mixed with his husky tone of voice early pushed me over the edge. I gripped the sheets tightly, my head tilting back as I tried to ready myself for it.

But I never reached it.

Once more the door swung open; this time with force. It banged against the opposite wall snapping both mine and Maver’s attention instantly up to the open door.

Thee Logan stood, looking as calm as ever. He stared directly at me, not even bothering to look to his brother who lay pressed up against me. When he opened his mouth to talk I was surprised at his calm tone of voice.

“Preston is in the living room. He’s brought some people and we’re having a party,” he informed us, running his hand through his black hair. “You might want to come join us.”

Maver nodded, looking to me as well. “Yeah, sure. We’ll be out in a minute,” then, on second thought he added in, “could you close the door?”

“Sure thing,” Logan obeyed, his eyes unreadable as he gave me a final glance. Without any more words he closed the door to once more leave Maver and me alone in his room.

Not waisting any time Maver instantly continued what he'd been working on before we’d been interrupted. . . again. This time however I stopped him with a steely grip to his wrist. “No more,” I said, rolling across the futon away from him. “I can’t.”

“You were so close though!” he pointed out, sitting up to look over at me. “It wouldn’t have taken long. I can-“

“There are people out there,” I explained, pulling Logan’s shirt over my head and off my body before tossing it aside. “You heard Logan, Preston’s having a party here.”

Not catching on he asked, “So?”

“So,” I sighed, pulling on a tank top, “if we got interrupted when only one other person was here how bad do you think it’ll be now that there’s more? I’m sorry, but I’m not comfortable with that.”

He thought it through before frowning, his brows furrowing in disappointment. “You were so close,” he repeated.

“I know,” I said, my voice giving away my genuine disappointment in the situation, “but I’m fine now. I don’t need any more.”

He grumbled under hs breath as he realized the serious look on my face. No amount of his pestering would change my mind and he knew it the second he met my eyes. Whenever I was serious I had a special look I’d give him. It just came naturally when I needed to be harsh or stubborn.

Surprisingly enough he didn’t say any more as we both went around the room to grab our clothes and get dressed. I finished the same time as he did and we fought our way through the door to get out into the hallway; pushing and shoving each other to get out first.

He won with a laugh and paused to wait for me in the hall as I gave a playful huff and crossed my arms over my chest. With one hand around my bicep he dragged me into the overwhelmingly busyliving room and to the circle of people where his brother stood.

My heart tore in my chest as Logan’s eyes met mine for barely a second. He didn’t evenacknowledge me before turning his attention instead to Maver. “ We’re playing truth or dare; want to join?”

“Hell yeah, let me get a few shots first though,” he agreed, reaching for the bottle. Logan handed it over, smiling proudly as Maver raised the vodka bottle to his lips and took more gulps than was necessary. I watched with disgust as he winced, shaking his head and puckering his lips, the second he’d pulled the bottle away. “Okay, now I’m ready,” he laughed, handing the bottle back to his brother.

Logan did the same and as I turned my eyes from his gulping adam’s apple up to his our eyes met for barely a second. He gave me a wink before turning his attention to the daring that’d already begun.

I blinked in confusion, my cheeks going a little red as I watched the side of his face. How could he be so calm after what he’d seen? Didn’t it feel as awkward for him as it did for me? I looked toMaver, who shot me a smile and laughed as he too turned his attention back to the group. Maverwas calm about it too. Why was I the only one who found it terrible?

Because I’m a virgin.

The realization hit me quickly. Logan and Maver had been with enough girls for nothing short of marriage to surprise them anymore. To them what had happened was probably in the same book as kissing to them.

“Kara, truth or dare?”

I looked to Preston, surprised by his voice. I’d been lost in my own little world, looking back and forth between Maver and Logan trying not to be obvious, and hadn’t even paid attention to the game.  I gave him a small smile which he quickly returned with his own. “Uhm. . .” I paused, trying to think it over. Do I be the first person to say truth and get labeled as a pansy? Hell no. “Dare I guess.”

Preston looked almost disappointed as he nodded, biting on his lower lip to try and think of something good. Logan, always the troublemaker, interrupted as he leaned toward his friend and whispered something into Preston’s ear. His face lit up with amusement as he nodded, listening to whatever idea it was that Logan was sharing with him. Finally the whispering ended and Logan pulled back, looking pleased with himself.

Oh god no, Logan in charge of giving me a dare? This was going to be bad. Very bad. Preston grinned towards me, obviously taking pleasure in whatever it was he’d just been told to dare me. “Allright then,” he started, locking eyes with me, “I dare you to french kiss-“ 

Seriously? Logan is having Preston dare me to kiss him? Did that mean Logan wanted me to kiss him? Or was he trying to embarrass me? I think I’d die if I went to kiss Logan on a dare and he rejected me. Yes, I’d definitely die.

I already had my glare ready and waiting when Preston finished. “Maver.”

Registering the name with lighting fast speed both Maver and I choked a little, our eyes wide. “Wait, what?” I asked, wondering if I’d heard it wrong. Why would Logan have Preston dare me to kiss his own brother? That was just-

“Ten second long French kiss, tongue and everything,” Logan piped in, his voice all high and mighty.

I looked to him, disbelief etched into my features. Why would he make me kiss my best friend?

“What if Maver doesn’t want to?” I asked, desperate to get out of it. “This is my dare, not his. He shouldn’t have to if-“

“It’s no big deal,” Maver cut me off. I looked to him in annoyance but he was in an eye lock with his brother. Both looked stubborn and cocky at the same time, their heads slightly tilted as they eyed each other up.

“But-“

“Just do it already,” some girl snapped from beside me. “It’s just a kiss.”

Yeah, just a kiss. Just a kiss with someone I’d known my whole life. With my bestfriend. Logan’s brother. Why would he-

My thought was cut short as Maver’s mouth crashed into mine. He began to expertly kiss me, his tongue sliding into my mouth before I could even process it. I tried to pull away on instinct but there was nowhere I could go. Not with Maver’s fingers tangled in my red hair, pushing the back of my head foreword to hold our mouths together.

The vague sound of extremely slow counting down came in the tone of Logan’s voice as he took his sweet time. “Nine mississippi………….eight misssissipi……….”

I couldn’t muster the wlll to even try to kiss back as my cheeks flared red. Everyone was watching us with how loud Logan was counting. And Maver, Maver was doing all of the work. ,He moved his mouth against mine, his tongue dipping and swirling around my mouth.

The moment he hit one I set my hands on Maver’s chest and pushed, ready to get out of the awkward moment. I wasn’t one for PDA. Especially not with my best friend. Not to mention he tasted bitter; like the alcohol he’d just insisted on drinking.

But Maver didn’t let go. Instead he kissed me longer, his hand on my head holding me in place. Once more my cheeks seared red, knowing how much attention was on us now. A bow gave a low whistle and my hands clenched as I pushed harder. Turned out pushing wasn’t necessary.

Two hands gripped my arm yanking me backwards off of Maver the moment he released me.

I stumbled over my own feet nearly falling to the dirty ground. Luckily I caught myself, straightening out my hair as I turned to face him. Logan was so going to die. I would rip him apart then-

A hand collided with my face and a loud smack filled the air. I gasped in pain as the impact stung all of my nerves on the right side of my face. Water flooded my eyes as they teared up from the unexpected impact, growing watery in sheer surprise. Before me stood a girl I recognized vaguely. She sure looked different with her clothes on, I thought, realizing her from Maver’s bed just last night.

“He’s mine!” She hissed, her brown eyes narrowed in on me. 

“Look I-“

“Stick to one man bitch,” she spat, hands on her hips. Her stance was territorial and ready to fight.

“Excuse me?” I asked, my tone disbelieving.

“You heard me,” the girl snapped.

I rolled my eyes, finding it ridiculous. Didn’t she know it was a dare. “Look, Maver’s just my friend-“

“I don’t care who you are.” She paused, waving her hands dramatically. “I don’t care why you had a sleepover with Logan last night,” she pointed towards him, “or what skanky thing you did for your shirt to be on inside out,” she pointed to me, “but stay the hell away from my man. You understand me?”

The barrage of “ooh’s that came from the people around me were almost comically in tune. Had they not been aimed at me I would have laughed. Instead I sucked in an angry breath, ready to snap. “Look-“

“Calm down you crazy bitch,” Logan interrupted, stepping up to my side. “We’re playing a freaking game. Shit happens.”

The girl’s eyes locked angrily on his. “Get lost you man whore. Let your one night stand stick up for herself.”

“One night stand?” he scoffed, rolling his eyes. “What have you been smoking you freaking idiot?”

“I saw you two this morning, don’t deny it,” she shot back with a grimace.

“That doesn’t mean jack shit.”

The girl scoffed. “I know you did her. Don’t deny it.”

“It’s not denial if it’s true,” he laughed. “Kara’s a virgin, I didn’t do anything with her.”

The amount of eyes on me doubled, no tripled, and my cheeks flared red from the slap and mortification. As if gasoline had been poured a match lit whispers tore through the crowd.

She’s a virgin?

Is there something wrong with her?

I’d bone her.

Maybe she’s really a dude?

I knew she wasn’t Logan’s type.

Look at her, she’s just a kid.

Logan reached for me, realizing right away his mistake. He’d reacted the same way when he’d found out I was a virgin. Why would he have thought everyone else would react differently? Well, they didn’t. And now I was facing public humiliation.

Fight or flight kicked in and as both Logan and I knew would happen I decided now was a good time for flight. I’d never win in this fight. It’d only end in me being humiliated even further.

So I left the room as quickly as I could, shoving through Maver’s door and locking it behind me. The moment I got in I set my back against the door and slid down until I sat on the floor, my head min my hands. That was it. I hated Logan.

I hated him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 756 45
Shawn, bullied for her differences. Gives up on finding love, until she meets her... Abbigail loses her sight due to a horrific accident. Gives up on...
80.3K 2.6K 31
Zyana was a normal girl, living the life. Until, that one day, her parents had been killed along with her bestfriend's parents and her boyfriend's pa...
19.1K 619 36
Brianna's Father Is Looking For Her And Her Family So They Move To Chicago Where Brianna Meets Her Old Friend Travis Who She Lives With. Finding Her...
706 88 23
Two boys that are raised as brothers decide they want to be more. Their "parents" are drug addicts. They do not like the boys and they mistreat them...