My Daughter (Dramione)

By wantinghemmings

It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding W... More

Prologue (Updated)
Chapter 1 (Updated)
Chapter 2 (Updated)
Chapter 3 (Updated)
Chapter 4 (Updated)
Chapter 6 (Updated)
Chapter 7 (Updated)
Chapter 8 (Updated)
Chapter 9 (Updated)
Chapter 10 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 1 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)
Chapter 12 (Updated)
Chapter 13 (Updated)
Chapter 14 (Updated)
Chapter 15 (Updated)
Chapter 16 (Updated)
Chapter 17 (Updated)
Chapter 18 (Updated)
Chapter 19 (Updated)
Chapter 20 (Updated)
Chapter 21 (Updated)
Chapter 22 (Updated)
Chapter 23 (Updated)
Chapter 24 (Updated)
Chapter 25 (Updated)
Chapter 26 (Updated)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Chapter 44 (Book 2)
Chapter 45 (Book 2)
Chapter 46 (Book 2)
Chapter 47 (Book 2)
Chapter 48 (Book 2)
Chapter 49 (Book 2)
Chapter 50 (Book 2)
Chapter 51 (Book 2)
Chapter 52 (Book 2)
Epilogue: The Final Chapter
Bloodlines Published!

Chapter 5 (Updated)

41.5K 1.2K 503
By wantinghemmings

*Chapter 5 (2017 Update)*

As the sun rose waking every slumbering creature living in the mountains of Scotland so did Alicia Granger. She woke from her peaceful slumber. She again dreamt of her mother telling her stories of her Hogwarts days, how bad she wanted it to be true, to be able to actually hear her mother's voice for the first time in years.

They say, you could never forget a person's face, how they move, and how they smell, but you can forget the sound of their voice. She heard her mother's voice when Harry presented her with a memory of Hermione in the pensive, but that was years ago. She can no longer remember her mother's voice, but she recalled it was sweet and caring.

Alicia took a few minutes to collect herself before moving her duvet to her side and sat on the edge of her bed. She turned to the window beside her bed and then to the beds around her. Her dorm mates must have returned when she was fast asleep last night.

She slowly moved around the room to locate her toiletries before retreating to the bathroom for a fresh morning bath. Upon entering the bathroom she had spotted fresh Slytherin robes sitting on the counter, each pile labeled with their names. She approached her robes and ran her fingers over the green and silver tie sitting beside the pile, she smiled on how smooth the cloth was on her thumb and how the colors complemented each other. Her eyes drifted to the robe where the Slytherin's symbol sat. She ran her fingers delicately on the embroidery and the events from last night came back to her.

"I sense your confusion." spoke the Sorting Hat, but Alicia remained in shock. "I sensed something within you that reminded me of your father."

"My father?"

When the Sorting Hat had mentioned her father she felt confused and uneasy. She knew that the topic about her father was taboo, but since she wasn't around Ginny, Harry or Ron it was openly welcomed to be discussed.

Alicia secured her silver tie around her neck and made the final adjustments, finally she secured the small button of her cloak. As she opened the bathroom door she heard muffled voices from the room. She assumed her dorm mates were already awake.

She opened the door and saw her dorm mates making their beds.

"Good Morning." Alicia greeted unsure about how she would greet her new dorm mates.

"Good Morning." A dark-haired girl returned the greeting with a small smile. Alicia returned the sweet smile.

"I apologize for taking so long," Alicia said shyly.

"No, it's okay. Trust me someone in this room takes longer." The girl laughed.

"I heard that Des!" Another girl huffed from the left side of the room.

"Sorry, sorry." The girl standing in front of Alicia chuckled. "I'm Destiny Woodwork." She introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you."

"Over there is Patricia Warfled." Destiny pointed at the girl who just reacted to her comment. "And this is Serenity Black." She gestured to the dark-haired girl who approached them.

"Black?" Alicia questioned as she shook Serenity's hand. "Are you by any chance related to Sirius Black?"

"I knew you would ask that." Serenity mused. "He's my great uncle. We're part of the Blacks who were disowned during the war."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know." Alicia said sadly.

"It's okay. That's all in the past now."

Alicia had spent the early morning sitting on her bed waiting for the girls to finish their own routines before heading down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

As they were walking down the halls Alicia could not help it but remember Ron's disdain towards the Slytherins. She recalled all the stories Ron had told her about the cold Slytherins, how they bullied those who think are below them. It made her sick, but now that she was here and among the Slytherins she had reevaluated everything that Ron had said. It was a new era after all. Blood purity has lost its power. As long as magic flowed it remains pure.

"Why is everyone staring?" Alicia lowered her head trying to ease the awkward vibe.

"Well," Destiny started and cleared her throat.

"Because you're Hermione Granger's daughter," Patricia replied bluntly.

"Pat!" Destiny and Serenity gasped.

"What?" Alicia stopped in her tracks. "I don't understand."

"She has the right to know why " Patricia argued.

Destiny sighed and gestured for them to take stand near the torches.

"Everyone knows the story of the war and the heroes behind the victory. Harry Potter along with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger were in Gryffindor. Everyone was surprised that you ended up in Slytherin." Destiny narrated, but it only made Alicia more confused.

"I don't see any problem with that."

"Alicia, even we do live in a diverse society the Slytherin house still houses purebloods and half-bloods. Knowing that Hermione Granger was a muggle-born it raises the question: who is your father." Patricia explained.

"I-I I don't know who my father is." Alicia stuttered.

Alicia began to think about what her new friends have said. Was it really big of an issue on why she was in Slytherin and not in Gryffindor? What Patricia had explained made sense. Despite the campaign on blood equality, the Slytherin house still housed only purebloods and half-bloods.

"So what you mean is, my father might have been a pureblood?" Alicia theorized.

"It's the only explanation." Serenity agreed.

"I never realized that. I always thought my father might have been a half-blood or a Muggle-born, just like mum. This is all so sudden."

They had remained quiet until Serenity decided it was time to avert the gloomy topic and start the semester in a more upbeat vibe. Serenity had always had the ability to divert any topic.

"It's almost time to breakfast. Why don't we head there now and see if the elves prepared chocolate chip pancakes." Serenity suggested.

"Yes, we should before they run out." Destiny agreed and hooked her arm around Alicia's limp one.

Breakfast was just like last night's feast. She was unable to eat her whole pancake. She only took small nibbles of the fluffy cake and smalls sips of tea. Her mind was preoccupied with all the revelations about her father. If she mentioned any of this to her family they would surely and immediately end the conversation.

I gentle squeeze on her shoulder had pulled her out of her deep thoughts. She turned to her side and it was Scorpius sitting on the spot where Destiny had previously sat. She looked perplexed she hadn't even notice Destiny leaving.

"Are you alright?" Scorpius asked. He had noticed since Alicia had arrived at the Great Hall that her mind was drifting elsewhere.

"Of course." Alicia smiled reassuringly towards her new friend.

Scorpius felt that she the opposite of what she said and that smile was used not to worry him. Alicia had noticed that the Great Hall was almost empty. She glanced over at her watch realized the time. It was almost time for the first period and she had her bag and books sitting on her desk in the dormitories.

"Oh my Merlin!" She pushed herself off the bench. "I cannot be late!" She exclaimed turning around to run to the dormitories.

"Relax Alicia." Scorpius grabbed her arm to stop her from sprinting like a mad woman.

"My bag and books are still-" She was cut off when Scorpius held out a leather bag in front of her. "Is that my bag?" she questioned.

"I hope you don't mind. Woodwork went back to the dorms to retrieve your bags and your books. She asked me to handed it to you." Scorpius explained as he handed the bag to Alicia.

"Thank you, Scorpius." Alicia smiled sweetly. "I should thank Destiny later."

"We should go before we're actually late. Professor Flitwick does not fancy latecomers."

"And do not fancy being late at all." Alicia shot back with an amused smile.

Scorpius laughed thinking about how similar they are to each other. He too despised being late for no apparent reason.

Charms class begun with small introductions, expectations and this year's OWLs coverage. As usual, the classroom was indeed filled with groans and small protests about the work they had to put in order to pass the exams. Alicia was both excited and terrified. If she couldn't pass the exam then there is no reason for her to even take the St. Mungo's Healers entrance exams before the Hogwarts Graduation.

"Now that we have recalled the previous spells, I assume you are all ready for the next set of charms. Can anyone please enlighten the whole class about the Patronus Charm?" Professor Flitwick scanned the room for raised hand, but he was disappointed to see all hands down.

"Anyone?"

"If I may sir." Alicia raised her hand waiting to be recognized by the old Professor.

"Of course. Please, Miss?" Flitwick nodded and gestured for her to stand., before levitating a book from the corner of the room to his small podium.

"Granger, sir." She replied sweetly.

The book had dropped mid-air causing a loud thump on the marble floor. Professor Flitwick never imagined that he would hear that name in years. He just arrived back from his vacation in Austria and didn't attend the opening ceremony last night.

"Miss Granger?" He asked recovering from his shock.

"Yes, sir?"

"Please explain to us what is the Patronus Charm."

"The Patronus Charm is one of the most powerful defensive Magic known to wizardkind. It is an extremely complex spell that summons a positive energy force known as Patronus or also known as a wizard spirit guardian. It is the primary defense against Dementors and Lethifolds."

The way Alicia had answered the question confidently had everyone in a daze and a few rolling their eyes and scoffing at the little know it all witch.

"Bravo! Miss Granger.15 points to Gryffin-I'm sorry." He cleared his throat when he spotted the green and silver tie she was wearing. "15 points to Slytherin. Can you please show us your spirit guardian?"

"Of course sir." Alicia pulled out her wand from her sleeve pocket and pointed at the ceiling. She waved her wand and recited the incantation. "Expecto Patronum."

A badger-like creature appeared and jumped on the students' desks. Professor Flitwick clapped merrily as the creature circled him and hopped on his head.

"Extraordinary! Absolutely magnificent! Miss Granger!" He exclaimed watching the badger hop on Scorpius open palm.

"Thank you, sir." Alicia bowed and took her seat.

Her spirit guardian was still hopping on Scorpius' palm. Professor Flitwick had noticed how Alicia and Scorpius are. It was just the second day of school and he could see that the two would get along well.

He was suddenly reminded of his previous star student. It saddened him when he found out about Hermione's death 15 years ago. The war heroine had fallen but left a legacy.

"Who else would want to try to conjure their spirit animal?" Flitwick asked searching for raised hands.

"I would like to try sir." Scorpius Malfoy replied. Flitwick nodded and gestured for him to continue.

Scorpius stood up and pulled out his wand. He mimicked Alicia's wrist movements and recited the incantation.

To everyone's surprise, a bigger badger had appeared and run around the circular classroom. Flitwick's shock made him remember the legends of the Charm. He remembered Severus Snape's and Lily Potter's Patronus was a doe and it was connected by deep feelings, but the legends say that the deep connection wasn't necessarily a romantic involvement.

It was impossible. It couldn't be. Could it be?

He needed to talk to the Headmistress after class to discuss his recent discovery. It was important that he told the headmistress. The information could finally solve the mystery of Alicia Granger's father. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.9K 29
Three months have passed since the war and all is well, or so Hermione Granger thought. One day her entire world changes when she is told that she wa...
20.1K 1.2K 53
After the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger was the Golden Girl who helped Harry Potter defeat Lord Voldemort. She was celebrated for her achievem...
32.6K 1.2K 28
Book 2: sequel to forbidden Love what happened to Hermione? What's going to happen next? Is Hermione dead? Find out! Enjoy☺️ Goal:...
27.4K 559 39
Voldemort is gone and Hermione Granger has been invited to return to Hogwarts to complete her eighth year. The world is not what it used to be and sh...