The Parent Plan » Harry Styles

By TypicalFangirlx

[completed] Two five year olds, two single parents - one plan. ©2014 TypicalFangirlx all rights reserved. More

The Parent Plan » Harry Styles
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Thank You
Also Check Out

Chapter 31

33K 1.4K 551
By TypicalFangirlx

- Harry & Monica -

There is always a bright side to everything. Just like how there is a light at the end of every tunnel. One could be moving far from home to attend university, sure you could look at the facts that you'll leave everything you knew and everyone you knew behind but with that comes a new adventure. Or if you're going through a dark time right now, just know that someone is bound to help you out - or maybe you'll be your own saviour. Nothing bad ever lasts. Haven't you noticed that? Today, was a rather bittersweet day but Monica knew something better would come around.

It was the final day of January, meaning that Monica's two months to clear everything out of the studio was today. Today would be the last day she could call this place her own. Right after dropping both kids at school, Harry and Monica drove to the studio to pack and take home last minute things. They had until ten at night to have all things removed but Harry suggested that doing it right now would be better. (For the sake that the kids won't have to endure this but school instead.)

So here they were, in an almost barren studio placing various things into boxes before placing them near the entrance so it'd be easier to put them in Monica's car. Both adults were on opposite sides of the dance floor, Harry taking pictures down and smiling at them while Monica painted over the purple words "Dana's Dance" she and Matt had painted on the minute they bought the building. The wall was returning back to it's off-white colour.

"Are you going to keep everything?" Harry asks while peering over to Monica, fiddling with the picture in his hands that happened to be Monica with three girls. She always took pictures with her clients after they no longer needed her services.

Monica shrugs before dipping her brush into the paint only to return to the wall. "I might get a storage locker or something to put them in. Haven't got much room in the apartment."

Harry nods and purses his lips before placing the photo into the box where various other pictures lay. It made him curious, he wanted to know all of their stories. Tim and Mara's lessons were due to wanting to audition for a part in something and Athena's was a faze - he kind of wanted to know if the other people's were similar. The last picture on the wall was of Monica and Athena making Harry pause when he was about to place it in the box.

"I like this one," he announces a small smile pulling at his lips at how Monica's arms were wrapped around his little girl while Athena smiled brightly. He was the one who took the picture, and he remembers this day clearly.

It was after Harry cancelled Athena's lessons and before Monica and Harry almost kissed. Monica had left her mobile in the studio and they had all gone so she could retrieve it because they planned on going somewhere together. Whilst retrieving her mobile, Monica noticed the pictures on the wall and called to Athena saying they never got a picture together.

"Me too," Monica comments from his side. She had finished covering the cursive words when Harry had spoke. She had her hands placed on her hips as her arm brushed against Harry's. Her heart was already beating fast from being alone with him and feeling his warm, soft skin against her own was not helping the cause.

Harry brushes a finger across the picture before looking over to Monica whose eyes are looking at the nude walls, and empty shelves. "Despite you telling me that this is a huge weight off your shoulders, it's obvious you'll miss this place."

"Of course I will." She doesn't feel the need to hide her feelings anymore when she's with Harry. "There are so many memories here and it'll suck but..."

"But you can always keep those memories safe where they matter most." He presses a finger to her forehead and offers her a smile. She returns it slowly, her eyes meeting his in a meaningful stare. His finger falls from her head so his hand could land on her shoulder, fingers trailing on her neck. "Objects aren't meant for holding memories whether they're buildings, awards, places... photos. Minds are meant to do that because if you do so with objects you'll just be a hoarder." He tries to ease the tension. "The mind is a beautiful thing."

Monica knows what he means when he emphasized the word "photos". He's talking about those photos of Katelyn he'd taken down and the wedding ring - the small argument was still fresh in Monica's mind as if their first date was just yesterday. She felt bad for criticizing Harry's way of moving on, especially because everyone has a different way of doing it. For her, she needed closure and for him, he needed to not be reminded constantly of what was when he'd step into his house or look at his left hand. She felt horrible for not understanding him.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes again for what had went down after their date but Harry shakes his head presses a kiss to where his finger previously was.

"Don't be." He licks his lips after he pulls away, watching Monica as her eyes fluttered open to meet his eyes. The weight of their conversation was enough for one day so the almost twenty-nine year old steps back and looks down to the picture that was still in his hand. "Mind if I keep this one? I think Athena will love it."

"Not at all."

.

After an hour and a half, almost everything in the building was placed into Monica's car. Both now stood in the middle of the studio, Monica's hands on her hips as she takes in what's left of the studio she's had for so long. Harry was to her left, scanning Monica from the corner of his eyes just waiting to see if she needed comforting.

She didn't.

So he let himself walk over to the speakers - which were the last things to be packed - and plug his mobile in before scrolling through his list of songs. It didn't take him long to find the song he was looking for so Monica had yet to notice what the old boybander was up to. Just as she looked to her left, Harry was back by her side as the song started seeping through the speakers.

He offers her a smile. "Why don't you give me one last lesson?" Harry doesn't give her time to agree or reject his offer before he's taking grasp of her left hand whilst his left hand places itself onto her hip.

"I think you're pretty good without my help," Monica comments with a short laugh, lifting her right arm to drape over Harry's shoulder and she can't help herself when her hand places itself onto the back of his neck so her fingers could fiddle with his hair. She closes her eyes for a minute. "I love Sinatra so much."

"Me too," Harry agrees with eyes peering over every feature her face had to offer. By the time she opens her eyes again he is already singing along with Frank.

They move slowly around the studio, making small circles as their way of walking, to the jazzy feel of The Way You Look Tonight. Harry even sings a few words to Monica making that familiar red tint appear on her cheeks - and every time they would Harry would press a kiss to both. Once a minute is left for the song Harry lets his forehead rest against hers and releases a breath. Monica gives him a smile as she leans forward to let their noses graze each other, her hand ceasing its movement of fiddling with his hair to cup the back of his neck.

"Just the way you look tonight..." Harry sings the last words softly before tilting his head to bring their lips together in a kiss. Both continue to sway as he moves his arms to wrap around her waist and pull her closer just as she places her free hand onto his stubbly cheek, despite the music ending, and together, they move their lips to match the movement of their feet. And yeah, Harry's tongue might've slipped in a few times but if one were to ask, both would be a blushing mess.

When another song begins to play - one that was basically at the end of the song spectrum from Frank Sinatra - both Harry and Monica pull away but not far enough to prevent their noses from touching the other's. The single mother laughs to herself before stepping back and walking over to where Harry's mobile sat so she could pause whatever song had ruined the moment.

She walks back to Harry who was looking down at his boots with hands shoved into his pockets. The minute her shoes come into his line of vision he looks up. "What're you going to do next?"

Mentally cursing that song that had came up for ruining the moment, she shrugs to Harry's question. "Not really sure at the moment. But I definitely have to find something... Maybe I'll take Matt up on his offer. He had mentioned something about being his assistant and I think that'll - "

"No!" Harry cuts her off, eyes wide. Monica blinks in surprise at his outburst before she smiles at how his cheeks turn pink when realizing how quick he was to reject it. He tries hard not to meet her eyes when explaining. "I mean, you should still be doing what you love. Which is dancing, not catering to your ex-boyfriend-the-lawyer's every whim."

She chuckles at the jealousy in his voice before cupping his face in order for him to meet her eyes. "I honestly don't know what else I could do."

Harry ponders for a second of two before grinning, one that revealed his teeth and dimples. "Liam!"

Way to kill the moment by mentioning your old band mate, Monica thinks while removing her hands from his face but the minute they fall to her side, Harry grasps and shakes them around.

"Liam, his album comes out soon and no doubt a tour would follow! One of his dancers is having a baby - you could totally take her place!" Harry's excitement is clear in his voice (which seemed to rise a few octaves), his face, and the way he started to spin a very amused Monica around. Once laughter escaped her lips, Harry realized how silly he must've looked so he lets go of her hands and steps away, an embarrassed smile making its way onto his face as well as a blush.

Monica laughs again before placing her hand over her mouth, trying to stop. Once she sobered up she said, "I think that'd be great. But are you sure Liam would want me to?"

"I can give him a call right now."

And as he gave Liam Payne a call, Monica made her way to unplug the speakers and carried them to her car. She releases a sigh when she closes the boot of the car, her eyes looking at the sign above the building. Monica had no idea what would take place in her old studio but she was hoping that whatever it was would be successful. Of course, some part of the brunette hoped she could've been successful but she wouldn't have it any other way. This opportunity, to be a dancer for a tour wouldn't have been possible if she was successful - something better was coming from losing the studio.

Her heart just about stops when Harry's wraps his arms around her from behind, nuzzling his face into her neck before murmuring, "He is more than happy to let you be a dancer on the LP tour."

"Thank you so much, Harry." Monica leans back into Harry's embrace, a soft smile forming on her face as she placed her hands over his. "It means a lot to me."

"It's not a problem," he says before turning her around, arms staying around her. "Now, why don't we go drop these things off and then go for our third date. What do you say?"

After checking her cell phone for the time, three hours before the two children get out of school, she agrees to Harry's offer before driving home. It takes a total hour before everything is set in Monica's flat - scattered in her room and the living room due to the small space - and she's being ushered into Harry's car.

"What will this third date bring us to?" Monica asks once they've pulled away from her building, leaning back into the seat and enjoying to music Harry's car played. On the outside, Monica was quite calm about going on a third date with the man she sure had stolen her heart but on the inside she was nervous as she was on the first and second. Sure, she's kissed the guy a couple of times but Monica gets nervous easily. (She was nervous to go on a five year anniversary date with Matt.)

Harry hums to himself, pondering on the idea on whether or not he should tell her where they were going or not. He takes a glance at the girl beside him from the corner of his eye to see her already looking at him with raised eyebrows. Nah. "It's a surprise."

"You're the worst."

"I'm sorry, this is just too fun."

"Again, you are the worst."

About twenty minutes later - Monica's guessing -, the pair find themselves looking up at Wembley Stadium. Of course, this was not the date date but Harry really wanted to take her here because when they were cleaning everything out of the studio they found themselves talking about concerts. Revealing that Monica had won tickets to the show here, and she was so happy because she couldn't have been able to do so because she couldn't afford decent tickets. She even admitted it was the best day of her life - being able to see the boys she adored so much.

Neither of them got out of the vehicle, they just sat in their seats and looked out the windshield to stare at the stadium. Harry put the car into park before sighing to himself. A lot has time had passed since he's performed there and boy did he feel nostalgic.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Monica asks quietly, her eyes not tearing away from the place before her. She was too caught up in reliving the moment she won those tickets, when she arrived at the stadium, when the lights gone out, when the boys came out on stage and sang their hearts out, to when the concert was over and despite knowing that this will probably be the only concert she went to, she didn't feel sad that it was over. She was glad it happened.

She mentally snorted at herself, because here she was now. Moved on from stalking boybands, was an adult with a child, and on a date with Harry Styles. But she didn't think of Harry in the old-boybander type of way - she saw him as completely normal. And that just proves how she's matured since years past because if she'd met him back then, she would've passed out the minute their eyes had met.

"Irony," Harry replied before looking over to his date. When feeling his gaze, she meets his eyes. "I was on stage and you were in the crowd with no true knowledge of each other and now here we are, beside each other. Me knowing you're not just another fan and you knowing that I'm not what everyone expected me to be like."

"That was deep."

The curly haired man laughed before deciding to head towards where he really wanted to take her. "Yeah, yeah. Let's just go."

"Still a surprise?" All Harry did was smile.

- - -

(A/N): NOT EDITED wow, a purely #Honica (or whatever their ship name is to you) chapter! I hope you all enjoyed their cuteness as much as I enjoyed writing their cuteness. Another one is added to my favorite!

IMPORTANCE OF CHAPTER: that was the final day of the studio being Monica's! And with it came spending the day with Harry to clean everything out and make it like it was before she had bought it. So many things happened. In studio: Harry shares the thoughts he had when he'd taken down the pictures of Katelyn, Monica showed her bittersweet thoughts about losing the studio AND one of the most amazing parts: Honica moments! With the dancing, Harry's singing, and the kiss. This is all to show you that their relationship is moving forward (even if they aren't truly together just yet) and that Matt being here doesn't make a difference in that department. Also, Harry got Monica a job! Something greater than the studio and as was said in the beginning - greater things have yet to come. Not only that but a third date is underway (only two left until the fifth date ;) ) and Harry had taken her to Wembley! To show you all how you can easily look back on all you've accomplished. Harry with career and Monica with how she's matured and the things she's gained. 

SONG OF CHAPTER:    THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT - FRANK SINATRA

Importance of Song: The song Harry and Monica danced to! Now, even if our ship is not in love this song is to show that they're one step closer. Especially when Harry sings to her. (Did you hear that? That was my heart exploding from his cuteness.)

560 VOTES & 230 COMMENTS 

p.s. Only 6 chapters and the Epilogue left! Holy crap, guys!! So close to the end x

p.p.s. please go read the last part of this story so you can vote too!

©2014 TypicalFangirlx. All Rights Reserved.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 1.2K 46
@JakePaul @ErikaCostell Plug plug plug 😂😂😂😂😂 A story about Jake and Erika/Jerika hope you enjoy! ❤️ ¥COMPLETED¥ Started-9/8/17 Finished-23/9/17
343K 3.9K 83
@maxverstappen1 requests to follow you.
317 5 4
In which YN is Harry's daughter's teacher, and she and Harry used to be friends in college; friends from strangers to lovers; short story This ss was...
1.1K 50 25
***Mature content read at own risk*** Wedding ring, proposal, what's next kids? Yes you got it, 2 of 'em.