Wounded: Our Journey Home

By misshijabi3

(Book 1) Completed: February 13th 2016 Highest rank: #05 on the what's hot list 12/1/15 Tuesday Reached 100k... More

Wounded
Prologue
Wounded- Chapter One
Wounded- Chapter Two
Wounded- Chapter Three
Wounded- Chapter Four
Wounded- Chapter Five
Wounded- Chapter Six
EID MUBARAK!!! (Eid-ul-Fitr)
Wounded- Chapter Seven
Wounded- Chapter Eight
Wounded- Chapter Nine
Wounded- Chapter Ten
Wounded- Chapter Twelve
Wounded- Chapter Thirteen
Wounded- Chapter Fourteen
Wounded- Chapter Fifteen
Wounded- Chapter Sixteen
Wounded- Chapter Seventeen
Wounded- Chapter Eighteen
EID MUBARAK!!!(Eid-ul-Adha)
Wounded- Chapter Nineteen
Wounded- Chapter Twenty
Wounded- Chapter Twenty One
Characters
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Two
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Three
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Four
Authors note
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Five
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Six
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Thirty
Wounded- Chapter Thirty One
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Two
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Three
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Four
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Five
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Six
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Forty
Authors note (important...)
Wounded- Chapter Forty One
Wounded- Chapter Forty Two
Wounded- Chapter Forty Three
Wounded- Chapter Forty Four
Wounded- Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter + Mothers day
I'm leaving... Wattpad!
Good news!
SafiyahGraphics
Sequel: Collided

Wounded- Chapter Eleven

6.6K 394 29
By misshijabi3

Edited:

Published: Friday July 31 2015 2:37 p.m

Jafar:

July 16th

        "You brought the tickets right?"

        Wasim looked up at me and waved the tickets in front of him.

        "Of course. After Tehreem made sure to basically glue them to me, I couldn't think of leaving them."

          "She does that with my lunch," Zak told us while scrunching his face in disgust.

          Throughout the whole journey of coming here, which was a lot harder than it should have been, we made it to the second to last game of the day. There was a whole series of teams playing today but we're only going to see the last teams play. I wasn't expecting to get here this later but with everything going on, we were lucky to get out of town when we did.

         "Did they post anything about the plane crash on the community website?" I asked.

         Not looking up from his phone, Zak shook his head. "Nothing yet."

         Right when we were about to come to the games there was a plane from Asia I think that crashed near the main road towards the entrance of town. There was fire blazing, people running for cover and screaming. It took us almost four hours just to get around the detour they set up. That wasn't bad though. They could have closed the main road for days.

          Suddenly Zak groaned. "I'm hungry."

         "Let's go get some food from the concessions." Wasim suggested and pulled along a tired looking ten year old. I don't blame the kid. I already had them wake up early, and without breakfast I made them get in the car for the journey. Let's just say I'm never depriving them of food ever again.

         "Jafar Ibrahim."

          At the sound of someone I haven't seen since I came back here, I turned around with a smile on my face.

          "It's been a long time."I commented and put my fist so he could bump it.

       I know," Russell sighed dramatically. "After we parted ways, I stayed with my family a while until recently."

        I furrowed my eyebrows at him and moved up in line.

         "How come?"

         Russell moved to stand next to me with a small smile.

         "I was gone too long," He started off, avoiding my gaze. "And because of that, my wife Zoe found a new bed buddy. She tried to keep it a secret, but that's a little hard to do when you suddenly get pregnant."

        "How would you know it's not yours if she hadn't given birth yet?"

         Suddenly Russell shifted uncomfortably and grimaced at me.

        "Because I, my friend, can't reproduce. Carlie's adopted."

        I raised my eyebrows and parted my mouth at his words.

         "She looked so much like you that I wouldn't second guess it."

       "She does," He smiled. "But enough about me, what about you, popstar?" He started, making me scrunch my face in distaste at the nickname. "Did something remotely close to my story happen with you?"

         I debated about telling him everything with Ayah and I but decided against it. Sure we have become close friends and he just told me something very personal--well two things, but what's happening with us is just...a different personal.

        "Uncle Jafar, do you realize that they have chocolate pizza toppings here?"

          Shaking my head at Zak, I turned to smirk at Wasim who didn't look too happy.

       "He cleaned you out didn't he?"

        "I have a dollar and seventeen scents left," He told me with a smug smile. "You owe me."

        I shook my head again and turned to Russell who was watching us in amsusement.

       "Russell, this is my younger brother Wasim and my nephew Zak."

        "Hey," Wasim and Zak said in unison before stuffing their mouths with candy as they did.

       "Nice to meet you." Russell smirked and watched in admiration as they devoured half the concessions.

        How lucky am I to be related to apes?

-*-

        "I told you they were going to win!"

         Zak shouted while walking out of the stadium with a grin on his face.

        "Yeah, yeah," Wasim rolled his eyes while taking a candy bar from his pocket and giving it to Zak.

       "You guys bet on the game?!" I asked in disbelief, sharing the same look as Russell. He ended up sitting with us during the game, cracking jokes with Wasim the entire time.

        "Yes we did, and I happened to win," Zak smiled and raised the candy bar to the sky.

       "Dramatic," Wasim scoffed, taking the candy from Zak and taking off down the parking lot with Zak in tow.

        "You have an entertaining family," Russell told me and folded his arms around his chest. "It reminds me of...those times. When we were their age, you know?"

        "I know what you mean."

         Russell turned to me with a questioning look.

        "How come you don't talk about your wife, and don't say you're not married because I saw it on some blog." He told me, and I had to restrain myself from laughing at the thought of him learning everything about me from Jamila's blog.

        "It's been complicated since I left," I shrugged. "But it's getting better."

        "Don't let her go," He suddenly said and bored his eyes at me. "It's complicated now, but trust me when I say not to give up. I didn't try hard enough, now look at me." He laughed without humor.

        I smiled at him and watched my brother and nephew run around the parking lot dodging cars. "I won't."

-*-

July 17th

          After a long night of hanging around with the guys--never thought I would say that again, we packed the car up and came home. I actually had a good time going out with Zak and Wasim. Just like when I took Ayah batting, it was a good way to relieve stress--by watching it. It was mainly for Wasim and Zak though.

        Wasim was stressed about our father pressuring him into getting a scholarship for the upcoming year, and Zak was moping around about his Abu not being around. The reason why Noor didn't come was because he had to handle a case before he could leave. He's a detective for the Miami Dade police and had a body that floated up the water.

        One thing led to another which landed Tehreem to come on her own. He's suppose to be wrapping the case up soon, but something with Russians is keeping him longer.

        As we finally got back into town and drive by the neighboring houses, I debated on stopping at Ayah's but thought against it. She's probably tired of me showing up and surprising her all the time, plus I'll see her tomorrow.

        After I dropped Wasim off at home and made him promise not to punch another hole in the wall from anger, I took the ten minute drive to my house and scrunched my face in confusion at the car parked in the driveway.

       "Whose car is that?" Zak asked.

        I shrugged and opened my door and got out. "Only one way to find out."

        We left our bags in the trunk and speed walked up the steps to the front door and opened it.

       But who I saw next suprised me.

       "What are you doing here?"

        He smiled at me, sat his cup down and smiled at me.

        "We need to talk?"

        "About what, Allen? I already told you I was taking time off."

        "That was for the fourth," He reminded me smugly. "Now it's time to get back in the studios."

        "Zak, let's go grab the bags while they talk." My step-father said and I smiled at him gratefully for taking Zak away, but I knew we only had about a minute before someone else showed up.

        "Allen, I can't leave yet, I won't. I finally have things going great."

        "You mean with Ayah?" He smirked. "Look, I'm just the manager. The label you record for and have a contract for," He emphasized and held up the paper up I signed almost a year ago. "States that you have to be back in the recording studio by the next month or else."

        "What do you mean 'or else'?" I questioned and he pursed his lips.

         "Or else they drop you and sue you for what you've got."

-*-

Ahhh, gotta love a cliffhanger. I hated to do that to you guys but I had to keep it interesting. This chapter is short, I know, but hopefully the next one will be longer.

Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my new book "Her Muslim driver"

I know it sounds cliche, but I've put some twists and turns out there. So if you take a look at it I'll be soooo grateful.

What else am I forgetting...?

Oh yeah....

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

My how time flies. P.s I probably sound annoying because I keep mentioning my bday, but I can't help it. It's one of the biggest birthdays EVER!!!

But anyway

Please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 1.2K 25
What's life, nothing but a void canvas which we have to fill with numerous hues. And once in a while we come across people who will taint the void ca...
104K 7K 20
Known as "Love that hurts ๐Ÿ’”" before. โ ๐™๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ง ๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐š ๐ค๐ก๐š๐งโž โ ๐‘๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ข ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ข โž I dedicate this book to โ๐“๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๏ฟฝ...
131K 26.1K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
165K 14.1K 34
Love,a magnamous four lettered word that can provoke joy, happiness yet it has the the power to incite destruction and chaos. Why is it always linked...