Modern Fairytale ~ #Wattys2015

By ReginasHappyEnding

Powerhouse attorney Regina Mills lives in an apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan with her son, Henr... More

Odd Jobs
Neighbors
You've Got Mail
An Air of Mystery
Rush Hour
The Reality Behind the Happily Ever After
A Stroke of Luck
Under My Skin
Insubordination
Operation: Apology
Metropolitan Confessions
Death by Chocolate
DIY
Extra Credit
Fight Song
Honor
The Full Monty
Fireworks
Possessions
Operation: Imagine
Intermission
Twilight Zone
Hocus Pocus
Cabin Fever
Feast of the Crocodile
Escucha a Tu Alma
Out With the Old In With the New
January 13th
Too Good To Be True
A Room With a View

But Ya Gotta Have Friends

1.8K 77 15
By ReginasHappyEnding

She woke the following morning after a restless slumber not feeling even the slightest bit better. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying. All she wanted to do was stay in bed, unable to think of anything else, but him.

How could she?

He didn't sleep a wink that night, not even bothering to try. He sat up on the couch reading, at the table drinking coffee, on the balcony of his bedroom weeping; he did everything, but rest, unable to think of anything else, but her.

How could he?

***********************************

"Oh, Regina. You look terrible," Mallory said, entering the brunette's office for lunch that afternoon. Regina had gotten showered and dressed that morning, her hair and makeup the same as it was everyday. She just looked miserable compared to the previous weeks of pure happiness and bliss. The Honeymoon Phase was definitely over, that much was clear.

"Thanks, Mal," she muttered, not bothering to reach for her lunch as she stared down at legal documents scattered around on her desk.

"I'm sorry. I've just never seen you like this before," she replied, taking a seat in one of the chairs across from her friend. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Your job," she spat, but not with her usual quick-wit. She was exhausted and her words came out as such.

"My job is to be your friend. So either talk to me or don't, but I'll still care about you."

"I know. I'm sorry," she said, rubbing her palms over her tired eyes.

"Did you talk to him? After the party?" The blonde asked, hoping it would help the woman find a place to start.

"Briefly," she said softly, replaying the conversation in her mind for what seemed like the hundredth time. "We're fine. Well, we're going to be. It's just stressful."

"Come out with me and Jefferson tonight. Have a drink, let your hair down. Let go of the stress," she suggested. "It could be just what the doctor ordered."

"I don't know. I'm really tired," she whined, almost child-like.

"One hour. Give yourself one hour to let loose and then go back to crying yourself to sleep or whatever it is you did to look so shitty today," the woman laughed to herself, crossing her legs and sitting back in the chair.

"I just-- I didn't think I'd miss him already, but I do. So much," the brunette groaned with frustration. "I just wish it were easier."

"Love isn't easy," Mallory offered.

"Nothing ever is," Regina sighed.

***********************************

"You look completely zonked. Have you even been to sleep?" John asked, taking a cup of coffee from his brother as he sat at the kitchen table in Apartment 8.

"I couldn't," Robin replied, plopping into the chair across from him. "I couldn't even try. I was too worked up."

"How bad was it?" He asked, carefully sipping from his mug.

"Bad enough," he sighed into his hands, trying not to put too much pressure on his wounded one.

"Break up bad?"

"I don't think so," he shrugged. "I just hate the feeling of not knowing."

"Well what are you so unsure of?" John asked.

"What she's feeling, what she's thinking, how she's doing--" he stood from his chair and paced about the kitchen, working himself up again. "John, I've walked her to work everyday for weeks. I haven't gone a single day without her since the semester ended. I feel like I'm going mad."

"Well, I can assure you that you haven't lost your marbles, mate," he laughed at his brother as he crossed his arms and leaned back. "You miss her."

"So much it feels like my heart is breaking," Robin whispered his reply, looking so vulnerable and beaten. His little brother had never seen him so torn apart, especially over a woman.

"Come to the pub tonight," he suggested, uncrossing his arms.

"I'm much too tired for that, brother. Especially with the way you lads drink."

"Get out of this bloody apartment. Spend a night with the Merry Men! Lift your spirits and we'll help you figure out a way to win her back," he stood then, patting his older brother firmly on the shoulder. Robin smiled and nodded in acceptance, relieved he had such a great supporter in his life.

"You fetch the babysitter. I'll phone the band. Then take a bloody shower for Christ's sake! You smell like stale coffee and misery," he laughed and was thrilled to see a chuckle come from his brother. When they settled and the room was quiet again, John placed a reassuring hand on his back and added, "It's gonna be alright, mate. Love conquers all."

"I certainly hope so," Robin sighed.

***********************************

They were on their third round when Will Scarlet finally asked, "So what's the poor bloke look like?"

"A bloody bender," Robin muttered and his friends laughed. "Put him in his place though. Think I broke his cheek."

"How'd it feel? Ya know, to hit the bastard after what he said?" Killian Jones asked, sitting up in his chair.

"I know I should probably say that it hurt like hell and I completely regret it, but," he shook his head and lifted his beer when he shouted, "It was bloody brilliant!"

The men cheered and tapped their beer glasses together. They paused their laughter to take a drink when Will asked, "So what's the problem, mate? I thought ladies fancied a man fighting for her the way you did. Gets them all hot and bothered."

"Apparently not this lady," he sighed before continuing. "I understand why she's angry with me though and I did apologize. It just doesn't feel like enough."

"Well, what does she fancy? Let's start there," the drummer responded, turning his chair around and leaning his chin against the backrest.

"Literature, politics, a good debate," he chuckled, reminiscing.

"Unless you plan to write her a political agenda on why you're the Romeo to her Juliet, you'd better think outside the box," Killian suggested.

"She likes The Beatles," he stated.

"Oi, we basically are The Beatles!" Will jumped up then.

"Any idea which is her favorite?" Jones added quickly with excitement.

"Lennon," he said and stood with the other men when the perfect plan came to his mind. "I've got it!"

***********************************

"Henry!" Roland yelled from the kitchen.

"You okay?" Henry called back in a panic as he flushed the toilet, hurrying to wash his hands.

"Dad's calling you!"

"You can answer it. I'll be right there," he said, relieved the kid wasn't hurt. He dried his hands and walked into the living room of the Locksley residence.

"Yeah we're having fun," the little boy said into the receiver. "Oh hold on. Henry's here now. Love you!"

He handed the phone to the teenager without waiting to hear his father's response. He put his ear to the cell and said, "Hey Robin."

"How's it going, lad?"

"Oh, we're great. Building a Lego empire. You're really missing out," he chuckled.

"Think you can manage a break?" Robin asked. "I need your help. Roland's too."

Henry put the phone on speaker and gestured for Roland to come over to listen, "Sure. What is it?"

"It's called Operation: Imagine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.6K 24
Regina has finally moved in with Robin Hood. Well, he moved in with her. With Roland and Henry, her life seems perfect. Not to mention sleeping next...
30K 1.3K 40
"There he is, my thief, my fiancé, my soon-to-be husband. He stands tall and handsome as ever with royal clothes made by the outfit makers and sewer...
4.2K 108 25
What if the curse in Hyperion Heights had to be solved in a different way? What if it were Regina and Robin who had to break the curse, and what if R...
31.6K 1.8K 24
The sequel to the AU Outlawqueen fanfic, Home Bound, is finally here! After Regina takes custody of Mary and continues to help Ava heal, things start...