The Name's Alex

By JadeNight14

After Blunt was replaced with Mrs. Jones as head of MI6, she had provided Alex with an opportunity. A new li... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter One

2K 45 13
By JadeNight14

Gazing out the window of the airplane while surrounded by the other sleeping passengers, Alex thinks back to how this all happened. It had started off as any other day. 

The blonde got up, showered, made himself some breakfast, and received the daily call from MI6 to speak to the bank manager about "discrepancies" in his bank file. After leaving his empty house and taking the Tube to the Bank, Alex checks in with the receptionist before taking the elevator to the head office.

Knocking on the door, he waits to be called in.

"Come in." He hears Mrs. Jones say on the other side before entering.

Alex raises an eyebrow at the sight of Mrs. Jones in Blunt's seat before closing the door behind him and taking a seat. "Mrs. Jones, does Blunt know you're in his chair?"

She gives him a small smile as she clasps her hands together on the desk. "Yes. I think you'll be pleased to know that he won't ever be using this office again."

At the confused look on his face, she reaches for her traditional bowl of mints and holds it out to the confused teen. "Mint?"

Refusing, Alex watches as she pops a mint into her mouth before continuing. "Well, earlier this week Blunt made the mistake of telling one of the higher ups about an agent that would be willing to work on a case. An agent that was not under their knowledge. He is now under the custody of said higher ups and won't ever be setting foot back in London again."

Slumped against the chair, Alex feels a sense of relief wash over him. "Really?" Sitting up a bit, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Do I still have to work for MI6?"

Shaking her head, Jones gives him a kind smile. "No, the higher ups made it very clear that you were to live the normal life that you deserved." If it weren't for Alex's keen eyesight, he never would have noticed the unmistakable grin on her face. "Not without some sort of payment and protection involved for you of course." She reaches into a drawer and places a file out for me on her desk. "Here, a brief summary of what to expect."

Grabbing it, Alex leans back and skims through it.

_____________________

Name: Alex Rider

Age: 16

DOB: February 13, 1987

Family: John Rider: Father (Deceased); Helena Rider: Mother (Deceased); Ian Rider: Uncle (Deceased); Jack Starbright: Guardian (Deceased)

Abilities: Scuba Diving, Judo, Kendo, Sky Diving, Shooting

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin

Training: MI6, Brecon Beacons, Scorpia

Current Employer: Mrs. Jones (MI6)

Current Status:

Alex Rider, agent of MI6, will be given the option to leave current employer in pursuits of a civilian lifestyle. If Mr. Rider wishes to agree he will be relocated to Forks, Washington in the United States of America under the care of Charlie Swan, code name Eagle, of K-Unit. Mr. Rider will reside there until the age of 18 where he is free to do as he wishes with the remainder of his life without any influence of MI6 unless in need of help.

Mr. Rider will be able to contact Mrs. Jones and anyone else she deems worthy for updates and support. According to relocation regulations, Alex Rider will be given a new identity (found on second page of file). If MI6 fails to do so then they will be persecuted under the Queen's orders and will result in immediate termination of higher officials.

Precautions: Upon further discussion with Guardian Charlie.

Cullen Clan, Black Clan

Name: Alexander Swan

Age: 17

DOB: February 13, 1986

Family: Markus Swan: Father (Deceased); Julia Swan: Mother (Deceased); Charlie Swan: Uncle

Backstory: Alex Swan formerly lived in London, England with Markus (Father) and Julia Swan (Mother). However, both parents were murdered during a bank robbery mishap, leaving Alexander in the care of Markus's younger brother, Charlie Swan. As per instruction of will, Alexander Swan will move to Forks, Washington to live with Charlie Swan (Uncle).

School: Forks High School

Grade: Junior (11th Grade)

___________________

After reading the file, Alex glances up at Mrs. Jones with a raised eyebrow. "Is there a specific reason why I should be paying extra attention to the Cullens and the Blacks?"

Sucking on her mint candy like usual, she simply rests her hands on the table. "Like it says in the file, Charlie Swan will explain further on the subject. MI6 currently has very little information on them."

"That's not like you guys." He mutters under his breath before turning back to the file.

Reaching into a drawer again, Mrs. Jones takes out a cell phone and hands it to him. "This will be your cell phone; Smithers will inform you of its functions once you see him downstairs today. You will be able to leave within the next two weeks once you're done settling your arrangements."

She then hands him a plane ticket and his passport. "These can be used whenever you need them, we've made special arrangements with the airline agency that you'll be traveling on to take you to your relocation." Mrs. Jones then gives Alex a soft smile. "Do you have any questions?"

Staring at the items in his hand, he can't help but think about leaving his whole life behind. This is a chance of freedom and yet...

Looking up, Alex gives her a determined look. "I'm thankful for everything you've done so far...but is it possible to call in another favor, you see-"

"-Hey, Al. You ok, mate?"

Turning away from the window, Alex gives his companion a smile. "Yeah, just thinking about how bizarre this all is."

Grinning, Tom pats him on his shoulder. "I get what you mean. I still can't believe you got Jones to let me come with you. I just.... I just really couldn't stand it anymore...." He trails off, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"It's alright, this will be a new start for us, Tom." Alex says softly.

Before Alex had been given the news about the relocation, Tom had been having a hard time with his parents fighting so much. It had escalated to the point that he had to stay at Alex's house for a whole month. From what he claimed, it had gotten worse due to his mother drinking and his father out late every night.

So, the blonde had asked Mrs. Jones to pull a few strings in Child Services to help Tom while he's gone. He never anticipated that his best friend would want to move with him to the States instead of living with his brother in Rome. The need to get away from his parents leading him to seeking out a fresh start.

Relaxing against his seat, Alex looks through his backpack for something to do. Looking at his bag stuffed with his cell phone, iPod, headphones, and earrings, Alex considers what Smithers had told him.

"Alex, my boy!" Smithers calls to him. "Good to see you all healthy for once."

"Hey, Smithers. I'm assuming you heard about my relocation?" Alex asks, walking over.

Nodding his head, he turns and gathers a few items from his workstation. "Yes, I did! So, I plan on making this my best batch of gadgets for you. I'm assuming Mrs. Jones gave you the cell phone?"

Alex nods and grabs the phone from his pocket and hands it over. "This is an exclusive phone that only you will have. It's wireless in any location, a tracking device built in that will relay the location to your guardian. The numbers for Jones, myself, and members of K Unit are all plugged in here under the group "Health". Give us a call about any problems and we'll respond right away."

Smithers picks up his next item: a plain looking iPod. "This is your own personal iPod; it can hold an unlimited amount of music that you can download for free at any music site once plugged in. If you go to your pre-made playlists, they each have their own skills. I even wrote a note down on the description so you can remember what they do."

Taking it from him, Alex turns on the iPod and checks out the playlists.

__________

Playlists: Requiem (Hearing device, X-Ray, Online Search Tool), Amnesia (Recording Device, GPS), Lock Down (Lock Pick, Code Decryption, Disabling Camera's and Motion Detectors)

__________

Rummaging for another item, Smithers hands over a pack of gum. "This here is one of your older gadgets, but I found that this may be useful to you in the future. All you have to do is chew on a piece of it and place it on any electronic to short it out." He winks at Alex as he sets it down. "It also makes for good chewing gum when in class."

Next was a pair of headphones. "These little bad boys will let you listen in on any conversation within a 2-mile radius. Just hook it up to your iPod and aim it in the direction the conversation is coming from and it will let you listen in clear frequency."

"Finally," he started as he sets down the headphones in exchange for the earrings, "this gadget has had a recent upgrade. Not only does this have a delayed explosive, it can also be set to a certain to time. Just pinch the rounded end until you hear a click and state how long you want until it detonates"

Smiling at him, Alex nods and gathers his new items in his backpack. "Thanks Smithers, I really appreciate all this."

Nodding his head, Smithers gives him a kind smile of his own. "It's quite all right, just be safe."

Returning a smile of his own, Alex can't help himself from giving the man who had helped him out for so long a hug.

"I'll try."

Looking out the window, to see the faint lights of the cities below them, the ex-spy can't help but feel a sense of relief washing over him.

'I intend to make this work.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 18.7K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
450K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
484K 7.3K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
440K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...