Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

Від Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... Більше

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster

584K 15.4K 3.6K
Від Vampirefangsrules

By Friday morning Harper was deliberately trying to come up with excuses to herself of why she couldn't go into work, but in actual fact there was no point,so in defeat she had to get up and about. Dani was fumbling through Harper's closet when she returned from the bathroom, searching top and bottom oblivious that Harper was watching.

"Dani? What are you doing?" Harper asked, her eyebrow cocked as she leaned against the door frame. Dani jumped merely missing the tumbling jumper that fell from the top. "What?" She innocently muttered. "If you would like me to make you look sexy and totally edible then I need to check what you have in your pit." Harper rolled her eyes. "Dani, this is just a friend, you do understand that?" Dani folded her arms pursing her lips. "Why can't you accept the fact this guy might be interested in if he asked you out. Besides would you just let yourself go tonight, I am trying to help you keep your mind off that... boss." Harper sighed, thinking back to yesterday before nodding slowly. "Fine, just don't make me look...not me. Okay?" Dani nodded, pulling on her messy bun as she mockingly saluted turning back around to search through the closet once again.

Harper didn't really feel up tonight but if Elliot gone out to that trouble to ask her, she didn't want to upset him. Besides, Elliot only saw her as a friend, right? Harper walked past a grumbling Dani still at her closet and just as she was about to reach for her blouse and skirt, Dani slapped her hand away.

"Hey what was that for?" Harper whined, as she rubbed at the red mark. Dani grabbing a garment from the closet passing it over to Harper or rather throwing in it her face. "You are wearing this today." She said, smiling as if she made a huge achievement. Harper frowned looking at what was a orange fitted dress, she hadn't even remembered seeing this before, it was like unearthing a new treasure and the fact Dani had found it in there, must be hint that it was either a gift she was never planning to wear or a clothing she had only worn once. "Why? What's wrong with my skirt and blouse?" Harper asked. Dani shook her head before narrowing her eyes as she pointed at Harper. "You will wear this today. I want to see that boss of yours drool all over you, make him feel the fool."

Harper sighed. "Dani,I'm not doing that. I told you I'm fine, not even bothered anymore." Dani pursed her lips. "You call crying on your bed which I heard is not being bothered. He's messing with your feelings and you need answers girl. My way will work, all you need to do is wear the dress, talk about this date tonight like its the best night ever and f**king get that guy to know your the best dam thing he has met." She said, her bun slowly falling to the side from her aggressive hand failings.

"No. I'm not doing that." Harper informed trying to reach for her skirt and blouse but failed in misery as Dani pushed her onwards to the bathroom. "Get in there. And put that dress on. Or you'll be late for work." She persisted. Duke himself had only just woken as he exited the room seeing what all the commotion was about. "What's going on?" He yawned. Dani stood by the bathroom door folding her arms standing on guard.

Harper couldn't escape her best friend so the dress had to go on. Putting it on there was a slight struggle; this was one of the reasons why Harper enjoyed just wearing plain, simple clothing. The dress was fitted so of course it would hug onto her body, this again only adding less confidence to herself. Harper sighed reaching for the doorknob and immediately looked down to the floor as she awaited for her friend's reaction.

"You look hot." Dani blurted, her eyes looking up and down. "He is totally going to dig that. And don't fuss about tonight, I'll have that all sorted." Duke frowned peeping around the corner as his breath hitched seeing the sight of Harper just standing there. He couldn't keep his eyes from roaming across her body that he saw the hesitant movement Harper did in trying to return back into the bathroom. "What guy?" He asked cautiously. Dani held her finger to her lips dragging Harper to the front door and on the way grabbing her black heels. Harper was literally pushed around the apartment until stopped to give her chance to put her heels on.

"Now go. Make me proud." Dani encouraged pushing Harper out who then was given her bag and a black blazer. Harper then was just left alone on the front step frowning as she slipped on her blazer to at least reduce the feeling of insecurity she was feeling by just wearing this dress. This was not how she was wanted to sort things, if she was honest, she was just going to try to forget what happened between them and get on with the job, instead Dani wanted her to make him jealous. Why would he even be jealous? He didn't need to be she thought, as she climbed into her car.

James was as his desk, he had the full weight of rejection high upon his shoulders. It was making him feel useless, a feeling that he never had to face before, why should he? Then there was yesterday, he knew he felt this pang of jealously and this feeling that seeing her embraced with another man made him irritated. Apart of him wondered what she would feel if he knew about his current flings, would she be jealous too? This was all driving him insane, his mind was off the business and it wasn't getting any better than he hoped where he had hoped his feelings would have gone. This would have not been bad if he wasn't screwed up in the head and didn't just maintain a love life jumping from one woman to another.

He got up heading for the door, where just as he opened the door, Harper was just exiting out from the lifts. James closed the door behind him, his back faced towards her but it was not like she had noticed him yet. Both didn't look up, Harper heading for his office and James approaching her way. They only both came to a halt when Harper felt herself colliding into a hardened chest, she stepped back looking up to see James who was just as shocked as she was. It was not only the clash that had stunned him but his eyes had briefly had the chance to trace upon her body, it made his breath hitch. If he hadn't been able to control himself, that dress itself would have been ripped off the second he had the chance. There her heart was going again, beating like crazy, just the familiar scent of his cologne lingering in her nose sent her breathless.

"Sorry." She muttered, her cheeks blushing as she felt his heavy glaze upon her. James shook his head. "Its fine, I wasn't looking where I was going either. What is it you wanted?" Harper quickly opened her bag pulling out a brown envelope smiling politely as she passed it over.

"Thank you." He said, looking down as he held the envelope. Both remained where they were, not a word said, it was evident that it was tense between the two.

"My mother has been asking about you, she is always going on about you." James chuckled, instantly regretting what he said. This was showing weakness he thought looking away.

Harper slightly smiled. "Your Mother is a lovely woman." James snorted. "Try living with her." Harper giggled, feeling James' glaze upon her. It was true to James, that the sound of her laugh was an infectious sweet sound to his ears and he couldn't help to admire her for that moment until it became clear the awkwardness riding both upon them again. Harper looked away pushing her bag strap further up her arm as she turned on her heel. James who was at the time fumbling with the envelope, cleared his throat before heading back around to his office. This was ridiculous he thought, nothing stopped him from getting what he wanted but something was pulling him back.

Harper sighed as she sat down at her desk, he only had to mention his Mother and she was thinking back to that weekend, the countless teasing, flirting and how he embraced her in his arms. Now it was in shambles and she still didn't have any clue what any of that meant between them. Was it just a silly fling, a foolish mistake?

By eleven, Harper had pitched to James over the intercom that he had a meeting that was due in 20 minutes or so, his response was brief but at least he was acting rude towards her. Grabbing her notepad she met up with James who was rolling up his sleeves to his shirt, the usual manner that drove her crazy.

"Ready?" He coughed. Harper nodded following him to the lift doors, instead of walking straight in, James had waited ushering his hand to allow Harper to go in first. "Thank you." She muttered, quite confused by his manner. In the lift it was just the same as the days before, no conversation and only brief eye contact. Harper even began counting the amount of speckles of grey within in the tiles just to look as if she wasn't at all bothered and to help with the raging feelings. It was a tactic she had a habitat of, even in Highschool anytime she was placed to sit next to a hot boy, her way of dealing with the stress of acting normal was to count something in her head, seem preoccupied. Mind you, her tactic didn't of course work, it usually ended badly with her tripping or looking completely mad when she was so badly trying to be preoccupied, she would earn a few stares. However James from the corner of her eye was much as distracted as she hoped, he kept his gaze at front then causally checking his phone before popping it back in his trouser pocket. Nothing could be worse where the place your standing is where you made out with your boss.

Eventually Harper had escaped the tension following James as he entered the conference room where Harper had earlier on set up specially for the meeting. He began setting up his laptop leaving Harper to stand there again in silence hoping that the meeting would start any second. A knock on the door summoned James' attention, he jerked his finger to the door where Harper nodded before approaching the door. Outside she was met with her ex department boss,Mr Collins and a few familiar faces she had briefly met and someone she had not expected. James began speaking as they entered before the last person Harper met, was Elliot. His broad frame towered near the back, along with the familiar sight of his blonde locks. He grinned at Harper earning a returning blush as she smiled back. James who was at the head of the table had looked over at this moment noticing that small confrontation but it was enough to boil his blood, he snapped his fingers in irritation. "Miss Daniels, would you come and find that file you sent me for this presentation." Elliot gave a slight wink to Harper before joining in on the table as he took a seat at the far back.

James moved his laptop in the corner watching as Harper walked across the space, he had not dismissed the various appreciated stares she was getting, not only was the guy he had noticed to be the former man who embraced her yesterday but various men as well taking note in her very curvy body. That made him more annoyed, it was like a switch that angered him, he clenched his fists before relaxing as Harper came closer. She blushed once again, before taking control of the mouse on his laptop. James remained looking forward to the table very few in discussion as most flickered their eyes ever so causally towards Harper who was slightly leant over as she typed in. He had the will to fire all their asses but kept a calm composure as Harper nodded to him and returned to a seat near the edge of the room.

Instantly he noticed the flash of a smile the one guy gave to Harper, her returning smile and blushing cheeks as she glanced over. James gritted his teeth as he raked his hand through his brown locks before he began through his plans. It was proving more difficult as the meeting went on, the causal smiles across the table from the same guy towards Harper as she bit down on her lip trying to distract from the fact she was blushing was not only making James at one point stop and come to a halt but snap a pen he held in his hand causing everyone including Harper to stare.

Dropping the pen very slowly to his table he began."The point is people, our profits will only be boosted if we improve our surrounding offices. Being economic is key." James continued to speak refusing to look over knowing it would only agitate him more but drawing near the end of the meeting he had enough, it was like watching a school boy flirting, the way he foolishly grinned casually mouthing words across the table was enough to slam his hands upon the table. Mr Collins and the others around the table jumped, their frightened faces as James sighed ushering his hand towards the door. Gathering they were being dismissed, they left leaving Elliot to be last out, he walked past to Harper placing his hand firmly on the centre of her back before gently whispering in her ear. James across the other side of the room physically bit down on his tongue watching as Elliot who he did not know leave the room with a great cheesy grin upon his lips. Harper only stood holding her arm as she could feel how tense her boss seemed, he slammed his briefcase down heading straight for the door as he held the door open for Harper to follow. It felt like she hanging her head down in shame as she ducked under his arm before meeting his unreadable expression. She expected the journey to be quiet within the lift instead James muttered under his breath. "Next time Miss Daniels, instead of acting like a lovesick teenager in a conference meeting you might want to reconsider you have only one chance hanging on the line." Harper gulped looking down feeling rather embarrassed knowing he must have seen her smiles across over to Elliot, but in respect she was only being friendly.
"Yes sir." She said, biting down on her lip as she looked down. James only glanced over for a second but was already tempted by how she was biting down to her lip, a innocent habitat he most certainly enjoyed. This was enough to wash away the current reason why he was irritated and instead he returned in a husky, intimidating tone. "Now your irritating me even more, Miss Daniels. Stop-biting-that-lip." He said each word with emphasises. Harper froze parting her lips as she glanced forward before the doors opened returning to the top floor. James took no time in soon getting straight to his office leaving Harper alone. What possibly else could she do to annoy him she thought.

Near the end of the day, she was just about ready to go when she heard the doors open from James' office, he approached her desk immediately grabbing the sticky notes as he flickered through them sitting on the edge of the desk. Harper picked her bag up as she slowly got up, instantly earning a look for him.

"Where you going?" He asked.
"Home." She mumbled. James cocked his eyebrow returning his glaze back in the sticky notes as he flickered through them playfully. "So you can still make it to mine." Harper frowned. "Excuse me?" James placed the sticky notes down turning to face her. "You said your going home, so I assume you have no plans." Harper bit on her lip. "I do have plans."

"Who?" He muttered, his voice much low and almost dangerous like.

"I don't think it is...y-your business." She slightly stuttered. James got up walking around her side of the desk meeting her face to face. "I'll repeat again. Who?" Harper frowned. "Why do you want to know?" James sighed raking his hand through his hair before slowly tilting her chin to face him. "Who?" Harper instantly melted against his touch and in defeat mumbled. "A friend." James didn't remove his finger from her chin instead leaned In muttering close to her ear. "Is that the reason why you won't come back with me?" His breath tickled upon her neck, causing a shudder down her spine. Harper bit down on her lip, the taste of metallic entering her mouth. James leaned back noticing the slight red on her lips, he slowly brushed his thumb across her lips, Harper couldn't move or just wouldn't, she just froze on the spot. Her eyes just locked into his, his deep chocolate orbs upon her made her feel breathless. Harper knew if any longer she would fall for him so she slowly pulled away wetting her bottom lip to remove the numbness she was feeling from his sensation.

"I have to go." She muttered, picking up her bag again and heading straight for the lifts. James looked around following her gaze as she turned as she walked in the lift. Harper couldn't stop from looking but only gulped as she watched James slowly sat back down on the edge of her desk and sucked on the tip of his thumb gently tasting Harper's essence of blood that he had wiped off her bottom lip. His eyes felt like they penetrated right through her, he didn't once move his eyes from off her until the doors closed. She sighed resting her head back, she nearly gave in then, she could feel the intensity of how badly she wanted to just let herself loose and kiss his lips.

Eventually she reached home where Dani had already placed out her clothing for tonight on her bed including a pair of very tall heels she had no ambition to wear. She had three hours to spare and unlike any other woman, she didn't have to use it wisely, there was no fussing whatsoever and it would take her less than a hour to be ready. Dani had picked out a black pencil skirt, a black flouncy camisole top and her trusty leatherjacket to go over. It was causal but as Dani would say, who doesn't look sexy in leather? Harper sighed heading for a shower, this would take less than she needed and she would be ready without trouble.

Harper was just about ready putting on her black ankle boots instead of those heels when Dani entered. She immediately shook her head sighing. "What about makeup, your hair?" Harper frowned. "What's wrong with my hair?" Dani said nothing but grabbed Harper by the arm and pushed her onto the corner sofa chair. Then what seemed to be the next hour, spent on fixing her hair and makeup. When she was finally done, Harper jumped up with joy from the lack of movement in her muscles that caused her to go stiff.

"Take a look then." Dani said folding her arms. Harper sighed walking up to her mirror immediately noticing the vague changes but what a difference it made. Her hair was loose in big curls upon her shoulders and instead of the natural look she liked to rock, Dani had completely gone for the smoky eye.

"Wow...its different." Harper muttered. Dani cocked her eyebrow. "It makes you look hot. That guy whoever he is, is going to be climbing the walls for you." Harper rolled her eyes as she grabbed a bottom of perfume and sprayed it upon her neck. "I keep telling you, he is my friend at work...who wanted a night out. Okay? We are not going to end up naked embraced in each other's arms like you believe." Dani snorted. "I'm just saying, if I was that guy, I'd be having trouble keeping my tongue in my mouth. I mean look at your arse!" Harper choked. "What!" Dani smirked walking over to Harper's door. "Just have a good time would you? I want to see you happy and actually dating for once. And you should thank me because me and Duke are going to a nightclub leaving the house home alone, so...if you want to continue things you know... you two can be home alone." Harper gasped grabbing her pillow off her bed and throwing it at her, missing her as it hit the door instead.

"Love you." Dani laughed, heading out. Harper chuckled to herself picking the pillow back up off the floor and placing it back on her bed, clutter was one thing Harper never did. As she stood back up, she heard the door bell instantly making her flush. Taking a deep breath she headed for the front door, glad that Dani wasn't near by to make a fool of her friend, that was a constant thing Dani liked to, frighten Harper's past dates. This wasn't a date though she thought, wasn't it? Opening the door, she instantly was greeted by Elliot his charming smile as he stood with a single rose in his hand.

"Mad'm." He smirked, bowing down. Harper rolled her eyes playfully receiving the rose with delight. "Why thankyou, Sir." She mocked. Elliot wriggled his eyebrows causing her to giggle before holding out his arm. "Your chariot awaits." Harper was smiling in glee, probably looking incredibly stupid with her flushed cheeks.

"I'm going!" She shouted back in the living room before closing the door behind her. Elliot took her arm in his as he guided her to his car parked on the curb. Like a gentleman he opened the door for her and ensured she got in alright before jogging back around to his side. Getting in he started the ignition giving a slight wink to Harper before driving back on the road. Harper smiled to herself, feeling rather happy as she glanced over to Elliot who was happily driving.

"I have to say Mad'm, you look beautiful tonight." He said. Harper blushed. "Why thank you. As do you look handsome tonight, my brave knight in shining armour." Elliot smirked looking over to her before returning his glaze upon the road. "So looking forward to this movie. I know it may not be a chick flick or...romance." He gagged. Harper shook her head. "Nonsense...I prefer blood and guts over any chick flick." She smiled. Elliot snorted. "That's first time I heard a woman say that to me." Harper cocked her eyebrow. "I even like action movies." Elliot gasped with sarcasm. "Really? Oh, just give it to me baby." He moaned. Harper giggled at the expression he was pulling before he joined in laughing.

"So what was wrong with the boss in the meeting today? He seemed pissed." He said. Harper froze, she didn't want to think of him right now, she knew it would get right under her skin. "I don't know. I think I brought..him the wrong coffee." She lied, laughing falsely. Elliot snorted. "What so if Princess doesn't get his way, he gets in a mood." Harper shrugged her shoulders smiling as Elliot pulled into the carpark, though really she was sighing inside. It was a huge cinema including various restaurants surrounding near, so food wasn't a problem with a range to pick from.

Elliot got out skipping around to her side as he opened her door. Harper smiled before Elliot held out his hand. Harper hesitated, did Elliot see this is as a official date then she thought but instead of rejecting she slowly slipped her hand comfortably into his. She didn't want to admit but it didn't feel as right when she held James' but this wasn't about him tonight nor any other, this was just Elliot, her friend. It still didn't mean though he wasn't a very attractive man, he was indeed and if her feelings weren't so messed up, she probably would have fallen for him instantly, who wouldn't, he was charming and respectful. Elliot squeezed her hand as they joined the crowds lining up to get in. Nor did she know, someone her heart yearned for was in the crowds.

~~~

After Harper had left the office, he couldn't help to not feel jealous, he had a suspicion it was that guy. He had seen her around him many times before and that reaction in the meeting was not for nothing. If she was that oblivious and thought that guy only wanted to be friends she really was, James could feel the apparent attraction he had to her just like he does. The rest of the afternoon, he was so distracted that he couldn't concentrate on his work and ended up pacing his office up and down and every now and then casually glancing at his watch. All questions of jealously raced in his mind, What time was she going? Was it a date? Would he hold her again in a embrace? Would they...kiss? James couldn't deal with it, it was like his automatic watch was ticking louder by the second blocking out the rest the world. He couldn't deal with it if he that guy was going to kiss her lips. This only added onto his anger, so like any jealous man he needed to find out for himself.

Picking up his phone he dialled a number. "Samuels, I need you to track Miss Daniels' phone." Samuels who was on the bottom floor in the in his office just like he always was, sat up straight and opened up the software. It took a few minutes feeling like years to James who was getting less patience by the second, just the thought of her lips on his made his back shudder in disgust.

"Sir, she is at home. But I can keep you updated when it starts moving." Samuels said. James raked his hair with frustration nodding to himself before answering back. "Okay, great. Just keep me posted." He ended the call heading to the lifts to head straight for his car.

As he reached to his gates to his penthouse, he drove to his underground garage parking with no effort and threw his jacket off his shoulders carelessly throwing in down on the floor as soon as he entered the hallway. Manny who was preparing to cook smiled. "Good evening Sir, what would you like to eat tonight?" James shook his head. "Not tonight, go home to kids Manny. Thank you." Manny cocked her eyebrow to herself, but took no time to head straight for the door, to the rest of the world he appeared ruthless but Manny knew he was real a softie. James stormed into his room, unbuttoning his shirt as he threw it on the floor. Walking towards his closet, he pulled out a black shirt and put it on. Then grabbing his expensive cologne sprayed it across his shirt. His phone beeped against his trouser pocket, he pulled it out reading the message Samuels sent. Harper was on the go, he had to be quick. Grabbing a black hoodie he put it on before grabbing his leather jacket to put over. He still had to be careful that no one recognised him so the hoodie would work well to cover his face at least. Racing back to the garage he got in his car, immediately putting it in gear as it burned rubber against the road as he followed the instructions Samuels was sending him. He didn't care how fast he was going and even risked going straight through red, the power in the engine driving his sense crazy.

He spotted the car of the description he was given, a blue 4 door car that had pulled onto a carpark. Driving slowly he parked not too close but enough to see, he watched as the guy got out first before opening the door for Harper. Instantly his eyes settled on her, she looked breathtaking his instant thought and could see the complete lack of control the guy had not to keep his eyes from off her. Then everything went cold, he saw red as he watched as she clasped her hand with his. It felt like a knife to the chest, it made him more angered. Did she even hesitate or just hold his hand with no fuss? Did that mean, she had lost her lust for himself? James pulled his hoodie across his face getting out then flashing his car keys at his sport cars with ease following right behind.

~~~

Harper stood close to Elliot, noticing few couples as well, bringing back the torn memories of James holding her close or his lips claimed against hers. She looked slowly down to her hand clasped with Elliot's, she didn't know what to feel, was it right, did she feel anything for him? She just thought they were friends, Harper shook away her thoughts looking up to Elliot as she smiled at him. Elliot in return smiled squeezing her hand as they reached near the ticket booth. Harper looked around once more, freezing as she saw familiar eyes, she blinked noticing them to be not there when she opened them again. Now she was being paranoid she thought as Elliot guided her to the ticket booth where he pulled out his wallet to pay.

Heading inside, Elliot very kindly brought them a popcorn to share and a drink and lightly hugged her shoulders as he laughed at her sarcastic remark. None of this was changing though the feeling she was having of someone watching her. They entered at screen 5 heading straight for the back seats. Elliot sat down in a huff, smiling as Harper joined to sit next to him. Harper stuck her tongue out as she quite sneakily snatched the popcorn from his hands.

Elliot laughed. "Hey, woman get your own." Harper pouted as she chomped on a handful of popcorn. Elliot took a few as people entered settling down into seats. Harper turned around as she took off jacket, instantly feeling the cool air against her bare arms but became more cool as she noticed a mysterious hoodie man enter. His glaze flickered over to hers before he sat directly on the row behind hers but on the edge so not at all near them. It was quite creepy giving her a unsettling feeling before she sat back smiling to Elliot who was sipping on his straw from the drink.

"Hey share!" She joked trying to reach for it but Elliot only teased as he pulled it away at arm's length.

Eventually the movie began and all she could feel was the flare of the screen upon her face but there was this odd feeling that there was someone else eyes were upon her. This however was such a distraction that she did not feel Elliot's arm slide slowly behind her chair, it was enough to creep a blush upon her cheeks. He was not touching, but just having his arm there was making her unsteady.

~~~

James sat at the edge, his gaze rarely keeping from off her back, he saw red as the guy slowly stretched his arm, a lame move he recognised as he slowly rested his arm behind her chair. What a wimp he thought, if that was him he would have straight away rested her arm on her shoulder and relentlessly teased. He knew that woman liked confidence, but that move was enough to make his blood boil. Constantly he kept his eyes on her back knowing if she was to turn around, she would notice though he wouldn't care, he just wanted her to know that he didn't approve and that the man she shared her time with, should have been him. Though it was his mistake even if couldn't admit it aloud.

James froze as he heard commotion outside, distant sound of persisting press, he needed to go. Getting up, he just stopped still for a moment as he saw her turn around, she didn't quite recognise him from no instant lit up of her eyes but it was enough to soften his expression.

~~~

Harper didn't know why she turned, but something about that stranger called out to her. His eyes seemed familiar, she couldn't quite see though with the lack of light on his face from the screen, instead he moved towards the doors exiting out, just as the on the other side, men and women with cameras entered searching all over until pressing bodyguards ushered them out.

"What was that all about?" Elliot asked, smirking as he stretched his arm more over. Harper shrugged her shoulders lying back in her chair but it kept her mind distracted from that she missed the rest of the movie debating with herself. Every now and then though throughout the movie, she couldn't help to think to James, even at times forget it was not him sitting next to her but Elliot. She was feeling so bad that to retain from feeling anymore guilty, she pulled on his hand to slide his arms around her bare shoulders. Elliot opened his eyes in shock but pulled her close in as she rested on his chest. Hopefully Elliot only saw this as friendly she thought because she didn't want to get herself wrapped in a relationship knowing her heart belonged elsewhere she felt.

At the end just as the lights were turning on, Harper clumsily fell upon the leg of the chair in front that she tripped over onto the chairs. Elliot laughed with amusement helping her up as she laughed in return.

"Okay there?" He bit back a laugh as he guided her to the end of the row. Harper laughed nodding as he held her jacket as they headed outside. Harper smiled as Elliot took hold of her hand and guided her to a near restaurant. It was of course pizza causing Harper to halt.

"Trying to tell me something?" She joked. Elliot cocked his eyebrow. "What?" He innocently smiled. Harper jerked her other free hand free pointing at the place. "Our first date was a pizza place." She joked, hoping he would catch on the joke too. Elliot laughed, shrugging his shoulders grinning as he pulled her on.

~~~

James had to remain in the car until the buzz of the press dispersed off, he got away just in time but that meant he missed out what could have happened. His eyes instantly flickered to the familiar face, her bare shoulders and the temptation of how he could see the shape of her cleavage even through the flouncy top. Their hands were tied together making him more angered as they entered into a pizza restaurant. He could see through his tinted windows that they were led to a table near the window just in his sight. So as much as he could take even though it was threatening him to storm in there, he watched them.

~~~

Harper sat at the table opposite Elliot who had ordered a pizza to share for both of them, including ensuring the waiter made sure he put down tangy cheese. Harper snickered to herself resting her hands together on the table as Elliot folded his arms together with a smug smile on his face.

"Was that a achievement?" She snorted. Elliot cocked his eyebrow. "Yes, it was. So how did you like the movie?" Harper nodded her head. "Alright, could have more action though." Elliot gasped. "Harper, that was the best action movie ever!" Harper rolled her eyes playfully, slowly glancing out the window. Something caught her eye, a familiar car parked. She tried scrunching her eyes to see but Elliot was questioning her what she was doing that she just returned into their conversation. She was just being paranoid she thought as she laughed with Elliot, there was no way she was letting James race in her mind right now.

~~~

It seemed like a hour before he sat up straight as they began leaving. It was a punishment to watch as Harper fed pizza to him giggling as he sucked up all the cheese. That should be him he thought. He began his engine watching as Harper entered back in the car and were already off which he was glad for, the thought of that guy stealing a kiss there and then, crawled under his skin.

As he expected, James pulled up metres away from Harper's apartment as he got there before the car she arrived in reached the curb. The guy got out opening her door as he followed close near her as she walked up to her door. James sat up gripping his hands on the steering wheel as she stopped at the door. He could see her infectious smile lit up as she giggled from his strange manner as he bowed. What a creep he thought.

Harper stood on the door step, Elliot's face was lit up by their security light. His cheeks seemed flushed as he laughed before she suddenly noticed as he leaned in, she held her breath not knowing what to do, she wasn't as sure yet but instead he kissed her cheek softly. Harper blushed, feeling her heart beat faster as Elliot grinned before heading to his car. He nearly kissed her she thought, how did she feel about it though? She wasn't sure but that was for sure the best date or whatever it was she had been on.

"Night, Night. Mad'm." He grinned climbing in his car. Harper waved slightly still blushing as she watched his car drive off. Harper bit her lip closing her eyes for a second as she touched the presence of his kiss upon her cheek. Harper then turned as she searched for her keys. Her back instantly shuddered as she felt a presence behind her.

"Harper." A voice muttered. Her hair on her arms stuck up, that she slowly turned meeting the eyes of where her heart belonged...

Thanks for reading!!!!! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I am sorry for how long it took to update, the next update I shall try and do quicker. This is sure a long one and took me a while so I do apologise if there are any mistakes. Please VOTE, FOLLOW and COMMENT.

As always thank you, you guys rock and your support means a lot. You never fail to make me smile when I get a comment saying update or just how much they enjoyed the chapter.

Thank you

VAMPIREFANGSRULES xxx

Song Playlist- The Weeknd- Where you Belong (fifty shades of grey soundtrack)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

5.5M 169K 33
Xander Knight - The CEO of Knight corporation. He was a handsome, arrogant womanizer. He was also a powerful , cold , ruthless businessman. He ha...
2.2K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
2.1M 76.3K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...