Emma: The Glow Within (Book 2...

By xoxAnnee

Sequel to "Emma: the Legend of the Darkstalker" Please go back and read the first book, so that you'll know w... More

COMING SOON:
Chapter 1: Fury
Chapter 2: Escape
Chapter 3: Kill Her
Chapter 4: Golden
Chapter 5: Night Fury
Chapter 6: Betrayed
ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Read! :)
CONTEST #1 June 13-20
CONTEST ALMOST OVER
Chapter 7: A Blinded Heart
Chapter 8: My Best Friend
Chapter 9: The Fight
Chapter 10: Maroon
Chapter 11: Jayden
Chapter 12: Rebuilt
Chapter 13: Kissed
20,000 Views on Emma Book One!
Chapter 14: Berserk
Chapter 15: Strangled
Chapter 17:
Chapter 17 (Part Two):
Chapter 18: Sailing
Chapter 19: A Lost Memory
Chapter 20: All Hands On Deck
A/N: Story Time - I Almost Died Like 3x's Today! XD
Chapter 21: You Owe Me
Chapter 22: Acceptance
Should I Make a Prequel?
I Am Making the Prequel! :D
Chapter 23: Trust
Update 9/20/15
Emma Trivia ^-^
Important Message:
Emma Trivia Winner!
Chapter 24: Broken Flight
Chapter 25: Mapped Out
Chapter 26: I'll Never Forget to Remember
The Book of Contests Info!
Chapter 27: The Darkest of Flames
Chapter 28: You Will Never Understand
29: Vast
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chapter 30: I Understand
Go Support httydfanon.wikia.com
31: I Love You
Chapter 32: Sky Flight and Snowball Fights
New Contest! (See The Book of Contests)
Chapter 33: Nightingale
Merry Christmas!!!
Chapter 34: From the Ashes
35: Nova
NEW Drawing Contest in "The Book of Contests"
Oh my gosh guys!
Chapter 36: Standoff
37: My Fault
Chapter 38: A Paper Heart
~ Epilogue ~
NEW Emma AU Crossover book

Chapter 16: Tyra

1.2K 74 48
By xoxAnnee

"Daniel, are you sure you're okay?" I asked desperately, still crouched down beside him.

He smiled. "I'm fine. Really." He leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. I smiled brightly and helped him up, nearly falling in the process.

"Gods, my leg hurts!" I said, putting my hand on Danny's shoulder for support.

He chuckled. "Well, yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to walk on a broken leg, Emma."

I giggled. "Not that I've been given much choice lately." I smiled, staring into his brown eyes. "We should probably...not tell Blaze what just happened. He will definitely blame you."

"Blame me for almost dying?? That seems low, even for Blaze." He laughed.

I laughed back. We started walking in some random direction, hand in hand. "Hey, Blaze might seem mean, but he means well. He's really a great guy: he's just scared to lose me again. I keep trying to be angry at him for that...but I really can't anymore. He just wants to protect me."

"I get it." Daniel squeezed my hand, grinning. He subconsciously. ran a hand through his golden hair

"Oh, guess what?" I turned to face him. "I used a bow yesterday and shot a Berzerker in the leg with it."

Daniel errupted in laughter. "Well, that's one thing it's good for, I suppose."

It was just then that I realized that the sun was rising to the middle of the sky, illuminating the sky with an amber glow. Had we been out here all night?

"We should probably go tell my brother that we didn't die." I smirked.

"Shh, did you hear that?" Daniel whispered.

As soon as he said that, I heard a mens' voices from far away. I grabbed his wrist and led him to where I had heard the sound. It was definitely Dagur's voice. And...a woman's voice.

"Tell me where Drago Bludvist is, or I will kill your precious guard." The woman's voice growled. I peaked my head through the pushes to see a girl probably about two years younger than Blaze with dark blonde hair in a french braid and light brown eyes. I looked beside her to where she held a sharp axe against the throat of the young guard I had been fighting earlier.

Dagur laughed like a maniac. "You think I care about him? Go ahead and kill him." I couldn't help but glare and shake my head.

"I know he's a Berserker...but that's just sick of Dagur to just betray him like that. We should help." Daniel spoke, and I smiled. It was as if he had read my mind.

The woman raised her axe and was about to swing it. "HEY!" I jumped as Daniel yelled from beside me. She looked up and met his gaze. "I know where Drago is." She took a step towards us, looking angry.

"Um, whaaat exactly are you doing?" I asked Daniel.

He shrugged. "I make it up as I go along." He smirked.

"Oh." I shrugged, smirking back. "Comforting."

"Where is he?" The woman demanded.

"Why exactly do you want to find him?" Daniel called, casually stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"He wiped out my entire village. He must pay."

"Oh, well in that case, I think I'll just keep my information to myself." He smiled smugly. I grinned and shook my head. How was he so smooth during all this? It was pretty amusing.

Berserkers were gathering along to watch, but not getting too close. The woman turned toward the villagers. She lunged forward and grabbed a young girl's hand and dragged her over. She looked about five. The little girl squeaked and squirmed.

"My baby!" Her mother screeched.

"Be silent." The woman demanded harshly. The little girl cowered and sucked her thumb, her brown bangs flopped over one of her eyes. The woman raised her axe toward the girl.

"Tell me." she threatened.

"Danny!" I pulled on his cloak, trying to hurry him up. But Daniel did nothing. He said nothing.

"Just trust me." he whispered. "She won't do it."

"How do you know that?!"

"Just trust me, Emma."
I slowly let out all my air. I stared at Daniel, but he wasn't even looking at me. He was staring at the older girl.
"I said tell me!" The little girl whimpered at the loud voice.
Daniel started slowly walking toward the woman.
"Stop!" She demanded, wrenching the axe closer to the child, who sucked nervously on her thumb.
Daniel hesitated, but kept walking forward until he was right in front of her. "Let go of her." Danny gestured to the little girl, his gaze never wavering from the older girl's. His voice was calm, but full of warning.
"Where is Drago Bludvist? Or his filthy little son." Danny raised an amused eyebrow at the mention of himself.
"What is your name?" Daniel asked the woman.
"Tyra. Tell me yours."
"Daniel."
"Daniel what?"
Danny stared at her for a long time. "Let the kid go." Daniel ignored her question, and put a hand on the child's shoulder.
"Your name. Tell me your name."
"Then you'll let her go?" Daniel asked quietly.
The woman nodded.
Daniel ran a hand through his blonde hair and a small smile grew on his face. "Bludvist. Daniel Bludvist." She immediately let go of the little girl, who ran to the nearest person which happened to be me. I picked her up and hugged her, before walking towards her mom.
All the Vikings gasped and backed away, realizing who I was... What I was... "You have a beautiful daughter." I offered, setting the child down in front of her mother.
"Mommy!" She beamed, running over to her.
Ever since Daniel said his name, they just stared at each other for a moment. Then Tyra let out a battle cry, and swing at Danny's head, which he easily dodged.
"Emma, run!" Daniel grabbed my hand and started running in the opposite direction.

The wind screeched past my ear, the cold air stinging my face. I had to bite on my lip to avoid crying out every time my leg hit the ground. But I ran anyway.

"Do you exactly have a plan, or is it just 'run from the psychopath?'" I called over to Danny. He smiled.

"Well, she's away from the villagers now, isn't she?" He winked.

"Whoa!" I tripped over a tree root and clattered to the ground. An energy beam shot from my hand and blasted through the bottom of a tree.

The tree groaned in protest as it began to lean toward us. "Move!" I used my powers to throw Tyra out of the way, and then I screamed, putting up a forcefield above Daniel and i, just as the tree crashed against it. I had to put both hands up just to keep the forcefield in existence. It began flickering, unstable against the force of the heavy tree.

I had to make a split second decision. If the forcefield dropped, it would crush both of us. I let go of the forcefield and shoved Danny out of the way and the tree crashed down on top of my already broken leg. I felt my head slam into the ground. 

The would started spinning and my eyes became heavy. I heard Daniel shout my name, but it sounded muffled and far away. His voice seemed to echo in my head. Darkness ate away at my vision, and my eyelids dropped, the word disappearing.

***

Daniel's POV:

"Emma!" I screamed.

Tyra swung her axe at me, barely scraping my cheek from catching me off guard. She walked foward, forcing me to walk backwards. She looked maybe two years or so older than me. She wore auburn leather boots that went up to her knees, and brown leggings with a tan dress that had spikes all along the belt, and a dark red cloak.

She swung at me again, but I ducked. "I had nothing to do with the destruction of your village. Why are you trying to kill me for it?" I asked calmly, backing up.

"Because Drago will feel the pain of losing his family!" I heard the axe slice through the air, but I dodged it.

"I actually doubt that he cares about me at all so you're plan won't work."

She lunged forward, slicing a thin cut through my chest. I winced and backed up. I reached for my bow. I grasped it in my hand, but thunder boomed, making me jump and the bow fell to the ground and slid a few feet away. 

I lurched toward my bow, but she stuck her axe out infront of me so I couldn't move, and she grabbed it herself. She held it over the cliff that I realized was behind us.

"No, don't drop that!" I pleaded, reaching for it, but she just held it out further. "My mother made it for me!"

She ignored me and dropped the bow. "No!" I reached forward and grabbed it in mid air, but I toppled over the edge with it, grabbing onto a small vine.

Tyra stepped on my foot, making it hard to hold on. "Look, I hate my father for what he did to me. But I won't let you kill him!"

"And why do you hate him?"

"For starters, he killed my mother right in front of me! He would beat me if I didn't obey him. If I told you everything he's done to me, we would be here all night." 

She put more weight on her foot that was on top of my hand, and knealt down beside me. "Then why don't you help me kill him?"

I waited a long moment.

Could I really do that?

I shook my head. "No. Revenge isn't the answer. Why don't you try to just live your life instead of wasting it trying to hunt one person down? Once you kill him, then what?"

******

Emma's POV:

"Emma!" What sounded like a distant voice echoed through my head. "Emma, wake up!" I felt someone shake my shoulders. The world spun like a tornado. "Em!" I felt someone shake my shoulders again. My eyes fluttered open, everything blurred. I squinted at the bright light and blinked until my vision focused on my brother hovering over me.

I flinched as pain spiked through my leg. "Ouch!" I exclaimed, sitting up and looking to where a tree sat on my foot.

"Here, try to use your powers to move it and I'll try to help lift it." Blaze grabbed one end of the tree, and I lifted my hand up in attempt to lift the tree. It was heavy and my arm shook. "Just enough that you can pull your leg out." I lifted it a few more inches and held it there, as Blaze came around behind me and dragged me out. I let the tree drop.

Oh gods, my leg hurt.

"We need to get you back to Berk."

"Wait, Daniel, we need to help Daniel!" Memories crashed over me like a wave. "A woman was chasing us, she-she wanted to kill him because he's Drago's son." I tried to stand up, but cried out and Blaze caught me before I fell.

"Em, take it easy. I'll go help him. Which way did he go?" Blaze gently sat me down on the tree. I pointed in the direction that Daniel had gone.

"Okay. Will you be okay on your own?"

"Yes, I have my powers, I'll be fine." I rushed, lightly pushing him in Daniel's direction to hurry him up.

He chuckled. "I'm going, I'm going."

***Heyyy, sorry this chapter is kinda really lame XP

OKAY, so comment below about anything, I just really like comments XD 

Thoughts on Daniel?

Tyra?

Blaze?

Emma?***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 844 39
[Hiccstrid] It's a Hiccup Leaves Berk story, but with some new twists and turns. Hiccup leaves as a runty nobody with a big secret, only to return as...
72.1K 2.1K 18
ᯐ π’π€π•πˆππ† 𝐌𝐘 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟐 ( π™·π™Ύπš† πšƒπ™Ύ πšƒπšπ™°π™Έπ™½ πšˆπ™Ύπš„πš π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½ 𝟸 ) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐈𝐌 π’πŽπ‘π‘π˜, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈'𝐌 οΏ½...
71.4K 1.5K 21
First of all, this is a sequel novel for the first book --> FROZEN-(hiccelsa) . so you may need to read that one first. This story take place during...
208K 8.2K 44
rank: #18 in howtotrainyourdragon My name is Emma. I'm different than other nineteen-year-old girls; in fact, I'm different than everyone. I posess s...